Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine 2

Leandros: But Captain, I was only following what the Codex says.

Titus: No, Leandros. You interpreted too closely, too narrow-mindedly. You thought you were based, but in reality, you were cringe all along.

Time to PURGE SOME XENOS IN THE NAME OF TEH EMPRAH

Didn't expect this at all I sure as hell am not complaining. Was initially surprised by the presence of the Tyranids, but after a moment of thinking, they do feel like a natural step up from the Orks.

Last edited:
I dislike that he's a Primaris Lieutenant Ultramarine. Something must of happened for him to be demoted. I would have rather him be given his own Chapter by Bobby G and have the game be about him leading and forging it into a true band of brothers, but it's only a reveal trailer so I'll have to wait and see.

I'll hold my excitation until I hear Mark Strong.

Also, I have a feeling that the Guard is voiced by the same guy who did Battlefield 1 voices.

I dislike that he's a Primaris Lieutenant Ultramarine. Something must of happened for him to be demoted. I would have rather him be given his own Chapter by Bobby G and have the game be about him leading and forging it into a true band of brothers, but it's only a reveal trailer so I'll have to wait and see.
I mean, given how in Space Marine he crossed the Inquisition and he was being hauled up for investigation and arrested by the Inquisition, that he shows up 200 years later as "only" a Primaris Lieutenant is pretty good. He could be dead.

...or he could have been demoted back down to battle brother and spent the last 200 years working his way back up the ladder, idk.

Wasn't expecting this, but Space Marine was pretty cool, if not a game with much replayability. I'll wait for reviews before deciding.

Obligatory:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, LEANDROS!"

Also, Titus has chains around his arm, like a Black Templar.

Last edited:
I'll hold my excitation until I hear Mark Strong.

Also, I have a feeling that the Guard is voiced by the same guy who did Battlefield 1 voices.
Titus is not voiced by Mark Strong here. I don't recall the name of the one it'll be, but he was up on stage during the Game Awards show, and it wasn't Mark Strong.

Well, I better crack back on with the first game, which I dropped my embargo on GW for to try.

Should be fun. And Titus being a Primaris now makes sense, although it'll be interesting to see how he got to be a Lt. now.

Also, beyond Titus looking more pissed off than before, he's actually got four studs now in his head instread of two plus the greying hair. He's at least 150, probably more in the first game... assuming he got the first stud after a century and the second after 50, then we can assume that at the very least, the game takes place over 100 years after the original, which at the very best means at somepoint we're talking pre-100 M42.

Welp, Leandros might still poke his head out somewhere, but unless she somehow got her life extended Mira's probably not around.

Still, should be fun.

Welp, Leandros might still poke his head out somewhere, but unless she somehow got her life extended Mira's probably not around.

When the war was over, she steps onto a ship, her ship gets stuck in the warp for X years, and she coincidentally pops up where Titus is.

Warp Fuckery do be like that.

The one thing I don't like about this is the inclusion of Primaris Marines. I hold the whole concept in contempt for being shoehorned in and adding nothing of interest to the setting that all material moving forwards must include.

I've always liked the idea of Space Marines Mark II but I can't comment on if it has been executed well, given the reception I suspect it hasn't been.

I assume it's something along the lines of "Look idiot, you want to charge in dick first killing all the orcs yourself? Fine, we're knocking you down a rank and making you a primaries."

It's the same reason why the cowboy cops in movies like Dirty Harry never get promoted.

Last edited:
Most likely he got demoted because technically there were suspicious circumstances and they need to show they did something. I wouldn't be surprised if he also got shuffled off to Deathwatch or an Inquisitorial retinue as 'punishment'. Titus has a skill for relatively out of the box thinking that would serve him well in both those stations.

I assume it's something along the lines of "Look idiot, you want to charge in dick first killing all the orcs yourself? Fine, we're knocking you down a rank and making you a primaries."

It's the same reason why the cowboy cops in movies like Dirty Harry never get promoted.
You say that as if Captains and Chapter Masters aren't always the ones charging in phallic metal weapon first in every book, codex, and audio drama.

We don't know any story details other than:
1) Titus is Alive
2) He's Primaris now (assumes to be Lieutenant given his armour markings.)

It could also be that the game designers made an oopsie with the lore/armor desigh and gave him the wrong armor desigh by mistake. Though that is doubtful given how detailed the nids were, let alone the rest.

As a third option, Titus might have simply opted to wear that particular helmet for the mission. He's already fairly relaxed about the Codex, Bobby G might have just clapped him on the back and let him do his own thing.

Back