Wabi/Sabi (High School DxD AU)

Echo glanced at food present at the banquet. For anyone else, it would've been quite a grand feast. But. . . the meat was cooked and not raw and bloody. Not that she couldn't eat it, per see. It just lacked in a certain degree of appealing freshness. Sniffling, she began to pick up a feint scent of something delectably coppery and began to wander, sauntering over to that delightful, beckoning fragrance. While everyone else was either too busy eating, or chatting, or brooding, alone, by their lonesome ---Echo had slipped out with her awkward gait. Eventually disappearing into some kind of a kitchen. Sniffling more, she found trace amounts of blood on a nearby counter top. Drooling happily to herself, she greedily began to lick up remnants of that sweet, sweet ichor, but alas, it served little but to tease her appetite even further. Sniffling more, she wandered over to what appeared to be a pantry. . .

Last edited:
Hernan Fraiser

Sitting at the Dinner Table, he observed the others before him. Talking, Laughing, having a conversation. All of whom ignored him. Which was sort of good. Right now, he was trying to be as inconspicuous and irrelevant as possible trying to observe them.

As for the food, it was good. Right now, he was itching for a beer and sneaked off to the kitchen to find one.

After getting lost, he found himself in what looks like a kitchen and saw a woman gorging on something.

"Uh... I'm not interrupting something am I?" he asked awkwardly.

@Murderhobo of Nod

Echo turns around holding something bloody and raw. From the looks of it . . . its probably a chunk of raw, bloody beef pilfered from the a nearby pantry. Without any care, at all; she had gotten blood all over her face, dress and hands. Gnawing contently on raw meat with a blissful expression. Before noticing the stranger talking to her. "Maybe." Incidentally, showing her teeth, red and sharp.

OOC: Its beef. Not Soylent Green/or Strange Meat™.

Echo turns around holding something bloody and raw. From the looks of it . . . its probably a chunk of raw, bloody beef pilfered from the a nearby pantry. Without any care, at all; she had gotten blood all over her face, dress and hands. Gnawing contently on raw meat with a blissful expression. Before noticing the stranger talking to her. "Maybe." Incidentally, showing her teeth, red and sharp.
Seeing as to not disturb her anymore, Hernan silently took his life slightly disturbed. "Alright then... carry on what you're doing and I'll go leave now."

Making his way back to the Dining Room, he approached Arthur and asked him something. "Hey, do you know where the kitchen is?"

@ricrod

Arthur became amused by the spectacle, amiss the cheers and eating a couple of the new recruits made it's way towards the kitchen. People are by default the amalgamation of their own desires, even when one can choose how to act, is our own actions that dictates who we are.

"Hey, do you know where the kitchen is?"

"Yes, I do believe that miss Echo is there... tasting a more crude dinner" Arthur directed his attention towards another man in the table.

"Sir, Noah? If you could accompany us towards the kitchen to search for your girlfriend, is not nice to let a girl wander alone"

Arthur choose to put his trust in the new recruits.

After getting Echo, he would give them some assignments for tomorrow, It's better for them to start training.

The world waited no one after all.

@chiufan95
@TheGrudgeKeeper

"Sir, Noah? If you could accompany us towards the kitchen to search for your girlfriend, is not nice to let a girl wander alone"
"She is not my Girlfriend, She is my ward." Noah replied calmly, leaving the dining room with them. "I'll go get her."
@TheGrudgeKeeper

After making their way to the kitchen, he sees her, cloths and face stained with blood, eating a chunk of raw beef.

"Echo, there you are." he addresses his ward. "Next time, Please tell me if you don't like the food and we'll go hunting."
@Murderhobo of Nod

Last edited:
"Yes, I do believe that miss Echo is there... tasting a more crude dinner" Arthur directed his attention towards another man in the table.

Arthur choose to put his trust in the new recruits.

After getting Echo, he would give them some assignments for tomorrow, It's better for them to start training.

The world waited no one after all.
'Wait, that was the kitchen?' Hernan now felt awkward about that. He went with Noah and Arthur to the Kitchen where he silently walked towards the refrigerator to find some beer.

After making their way to the kitchen, he sees her, cloths and face stained with blood, eating a chunk of raw beef.

"Echo, there you are." he addresses his ward. "Next time, Please tell me if you don't like the food and we'll go hunting."

Finishing off the rest of the beef; she mutters "Okay~," while simultaneously chewing.

"Well then, my friends. Since you're all so energetic let me offer you some ways to make productive that excess of energy"

"A couple of assignments to start tomorrow, after you rest and eat breakfast"

"Nothing out of the ordinary, especially for people in our line of work"

The Wabi/Sabi headquarters are a new sight to you.

Explore the place.

This can be done alone or in groups.

Reward: Not getting lost again.

Failure: None.

An Alchemist in Germany has an order of Homunculus Cores at the name of Wabi/Sabi.

Search for the alchemist and deliver the order safely to the headquarters.

This must be done in group.

Rewards: Every participant gains a free Homunculus Core.

Failure: Losing the Cores.

Since ancient times a way to know other people better is through battle

Have a friendly spar with another member in the training grounds.

Reward: Information of the combat capacities of another member.

Failure: Revealing critical information about your combat abilities.

"You can choose any of them or even none of it, it's just a way to ensure you don't get too bored"

"Well, let's get you cleaned up." He leaves with her "Excuse Arthur, where are the bathrooms?"

Yes, end of the corridor, at the left. Has a sign so it's easy to spot.

After reading the map over and over again to make sure I knew the way, I decided to head on over to the library, the place I'd have to tolerate as my sanctuary in this mad house. None too interested in if these Dirt-lings followed me or not since my mind was entirely focused on getting to those spell-books so I could get to work on my spell scrolls. Who'd get lost in this place as long as they had a map anyways?

Deciding that not getting lost in this place again would be great, Hernan opted to find a map and explore the place. The missions could wait a little longer but for now, reconnaissance is a good idea.

Finishing up his food and putting his dishes on a serving tray, Ivo grabbed his bags and started making his way to the training grounds. Feeling a bit out of place with the other Ivo decided that the cold, icy feeling he gets from releasing his sacred gear would put him at ease.

John seeing an opportunity to engage in some nice and simple bludgeoning of another person. Stood up, stretched, and started to walk towards the training grounds with the dude in white before stopping and asking Alex. " Hey you uh want to go and spare?"

@Yuki no Yue

John seeing an opportunity to engage in some nice and simple bludgeoning of another person. Stood up, stretched, and started to walk towards the training grounds with the dude in white before stopping and asking Alex. " Hey you uh want to go and spare?"

@Yuki no Yue

Alexander D. Cyphre

"How bold of you to ask something like this so soon! But yes, I think it would be entertaining and a good way to know each other better, don't you think?"

I smiled, showing a bit of my teeth, before finishing my dessert and walked towards Arthur.

"Could you tell me and John where we can spar?" @ricrod

Aftering changing (and tidying up,) into something more casual than formalwear. Somehow, someway, Echo was left unattended. Being almost feline in demeanour, she didn't quite enjoy being bottled up in a stuffy room with nothing to do. Stratching open a nearby window, she leapt out like cat and began wandering around aimlessly.

Using the map provided to me, I had managed to make my way to the library. Upon entering the room, I could only scoff at how inferior it was to the Grand Library in the Lnunar Capital but supposed it would have to do. I went to work speeding through the area in order to obtain the materials I needed to make my means of self defense.

It didn't take long to find the brushes, ink wells, and satchels to carry them all in so I went to work looking through the books in order to find those containing spells.

@ricrod (need you to confirm what spellbooks are available)

After getting himself lost in the myriad corridors and pathways that the Wabi/Sabi compound holds Ivo finally managed to reach the training area that the host talked about at the dining table. It was a wide open area that had enough space that each of the attendants at dinner could have claimed a sizable amount of space and have space left over. Setting down his bag in secure corner Ivo released his sacred gear and took comfort at the aura of cold that it brought.

John followed the guy in white because he looked like he knew where he was going. He was quickly proved wrong about this as they wondered the halls for a good long while. when they finally arrived at the training grounds the guy in white immediately released his sacred gear. John followed him up by releasing his own and glorying in the slight feeling of heat that radiated from his Fists.

@Bass11 @Yuki no Yue

Last edited:
After getting himself lost in the myriad corridors and pathways that the Wabi/Sabi compound holds Ivo finally managed to reach the training area that the host talked about at the dining table. It was a wide open area that had enough space that each of the attendants at dinner could have claimed a sizable amount of space and have space left over. Setting down his bag in secure corner Ivo released his sacred gear and took comfort at the aura of cold that it brought.
John followed the guy in white because he looked like he knew where he was going. He was quickly proved wrong about this as they wondered the halls for a good long while. when they finally arrived at the training grounds the guy in white immediately released his sacred gear. John followed him up by releasing his own and glorying in the slight feeling of heat that radiated from his Fists.

@Bass11 @Yuki no Yue

Alexander D. Cyphre

"Well, gentleman, how do you want to do this?"

I asked, a slight smile on my face, and leaning on the frame of the door, my magic stirring inside myself.

I was ready and willing to dirty my hands, if necessary, but I had subtler methods avalaible to me.

Never overdo, unless it's necessary.

"Free for all or tournament?"

Alexander D. Cyphre

I asked, a slight smile on my face, and leaning on the frame of the door, my magic stirring inside myself.

I was ready and willing to dirty my hands, if necessary, but I had subtler methods avalaible to me.

Never overdo, unless it's necessary.

@Bass11

"How about before we start smashing each others face's in we introduce ourselves, I'll start the names John J BodenHammer wielder of 'The Fists of Iron'." John said as he brought his fists up to show his sacred gear.

John followed him up by releasing his own and glorying in the slight feeling of heat that radiated from his Fists.
Sensing the temperature rise behind him Ivo turned around and noticed two people who had followed him into the training grounds.

Before he could speak however another person beat him to the punch.

Alexander D. Cyphre

"Free for all sounds good."
"How about before we start smashing each others face's in we introduce ourselves, I'll start the names John J BodenHammer wielder of 'The Fists of Iron'."
"The name's Ivo."

Back