Voting is open
Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Going to be a quest in a VR world aka virtual reality. You are going to be a player than fight in the arenas.

Vote by plan.
Arena gen 1
We will start by choosing your skills.

Human: Lvl 1 0/10
Hp 10/10
Energy 10/10
Energy regen 1 per round.
Strength 5(For every 2 strength add 1 to the potential roll die. Current potential roll 1d2.5 round up 1d3)
Agility 5(This will tell us the speed aka the order of attack or how many attacks per round if it's high enough. Also increases hit and dodge chance)
Endurance 5(Energy is 2x the current endurance)
Constitution 5(Hp is 2x the constitution)
Spirit 5(For every 5 spirit have 1 energy regen per round of combat)]

You will choose from 3 random weapons, 1 Basic skill, and 1 F rank skill. You will gain basic proficiency in the weapon you pick. You will also have 1 bonus stat point at the start.

Choose 1 weapon(Starting weapon)

[]Sword(Short sword. Sword has 1d4 attack roll and 12/12 durability)(Comes with sword mastery(Basic)(1))(Basic moves are slash and stab)

[]Axe(Short axe. Axe has 1d6 10/10 durability and 5% chance to penetrate defense(Ignore defense))(Comes with axe mastery(Basic)(1))(Basic move is slash)

[]Mace(Short mace. Mace has 1d5 attack roll and 12/12 durability)(Comes with mace mastery(Basic)(1))(Basic move is swing)

Choose 1 basic skill

[]Weak-point(Basic)(1): Find an enemy's weak point 30% chance every turn. Chance decreases the higher Lvl an enemy is (Compared to current Lvl). When an enemy weak point is hit, deal 1.2x damage. Passive.(Can be taken with any weapon)

[]Overhead(Basic)(1): Swing overhead to attack the enemy. Add 1d3 to the next attack. Cost 3 energy Cooldown 1 round(Can be taken with any weapon)

[]Thrust(Basic)(1): Thrust forward to attack the enemy. Add 1d2 to the next attack and increase agility by 1 for the attack. Cost 2 energy Cooldown 1 round.(Can not be taken with Axe)

[]Parry(Basic)(1): Parry an enemy's attack. Roll your attack if it's greater than the enemy's attack parry the enemy's attack. Deal the difference in attack as damage to the enemy. Cost 2 energy cooldown 2 rounds.(Can only be taken with the sword)

Choose 1 F rank skill

[]Wind Slash(F rank)(1): Slash the air and create a cutting wind that goes forward 2 feet. This wind deals half damage. Cost 3 energy Cooldown 1 round. (Can not be taken with mace)

[]Dust arc(F rank)(1): Swing/slash in an arc with your weapon picking up dust. Increases dodge rate and has a 50% chance to stun the enemy for this round(Chance is assuming the enemy is the same Lvl as you). Cost 2 energy Cooldown 2 rounds.

[]Lesser bloodlust(F rank)(1): When attacking an enemy have a 25% chance to gain +1 to all stats. Up to 5 times max.

[]Axeman charge(F rank)(1): When more than 2 meters away charge the enemy. Add 1d3 to your attack and gain 2 agility during the charge. For every 1 meter above 2 add 1 to the potential die. The Max distance is 4 meters.(Can only be taken with axe)

What basic stat will you put your point in?
[]Write in.(Strength, agility, endurance, constitution, and spirit. Pick one)

After this we will either go for the tutorial battle or get some background choices. Or both. Vote by plan.

Current you
Human: Lvl 1 0/10
Hp 10/10
Energy 12/12
Energy regen 1 per round.
Strength 5(For every 2 strength add 1 to the potential roll die. Current potential roll 1d2)
Agility 6(This will tell us the speed aka the order of attack or how many attacks per round if it's high enough. Also increases hit and dodge chance)
Endurance 6(Energy is 2x the current endurance)
Constitution 5(Hp is 2x the constitution)
Spirit 5(For every 5 spirit have 1 energy regen per round of combat)
Skills:
Sword(Basic)(1): Know basic sword combat. Increase rolls with swords by 5% and 1 point.

Parry(Basic)(1): Parry an enemy's attack. Roll your attack if it's greater than the enemy's attack parry the enemy's attack. Deal the difference in attack as damage to the enemy. Cost 2 energy cooldown 2 rounds.

Wind Slash(F rank)(1): Slash the air and create a cutting wind that goes forward 2 feet. This wind deals half damage. Cost 3 energy Cooldown 1 round.

Current blacksmith blueprints:
F- rank Celtic short sword: Attack roll is 1d8+1 durability 20/20. 10% chance to decrease enemy durability by 2(On top of the normal 1) after attack. Ingredients needed: 4 lesser pig iron ingots(Can use other types of metals for varying effects) and 1 handle of any type(Better handle more durability)
Above average lesser pig iron ingot recipe. Allows the smelting of lesser pig iron. This is better than lesser pig iron ingots bought in the store. +2 durability increase to anything forged using this lesser pig iron ingot recipe.

Last edited:
Backstory and tutorial fight
[X]Plan: RPG Swordsman
-[X]Sword(Short sword. Sword has 1d4 attack roll and 12/12 durability)(Comes with sword mastery(Basic)(1))(Basic moves are slash and stab)
-[X]Parry(Basic)(1): Parry an enemy's attack. Roll your attack if it's greater than the enemy's attack parry the enemy's attack. Deal the difference in attack as damage to the enemy. Cost 2 energy cooldown 2 rounds.(Can only be taken with the sword)
-[X]Wind Slash(F rank)(1): Slash the air and create a cutting wind that goes forward 2 feet. This wind deals half damage. Cost 3 energy Cooldown 1 round. (Can not be taken with mace)
-[X]Agility

Choose 1

[]Boxer
(You are a fighter by blood. Gain reaction stat. Will start at 5 while the average human will start at 2-3. Will gain bonus growth in reaction stat. Reaction stat(For every 2 react gain small bonus to counters and dodge rate.) Also gain ???)

[]Blacksmith(You are a creator by blood. Gain bonus to crafting rolls and a small growth bonus in endurance and constitution. Also gain ???)

[]Doctor(You are a healer by blood. Gain bonus to healing abilities. Low Hp side effects affect you less. Gain ???)

I just got here and already there's a fight going on. I see this clockwork-ish robot that looks like it cruises at a solid 8 mph. I look around and see a stadium with no one in it. I hear "Countdown will start now. 10. 9-" I quickly look at the supposed enemy it says above it some basic info.
Clockwork humanoid: Lvl 1
Hp 5/5
Fuel 2/2
Not much however this should be easy.

Moves are evade, slash, stab, parry, and wind slash. Choose 1.

[]Brutal:
Offensive - Wind slash , Offensive - slash. This should be a good opening move. Wind slash it when I get close to hopefully disrupt its attack than slash it normally. While this is energy heavy it should give me the advantage early on.

[]Efficient: Offensive - slash , Defensive - parry. This should be pretty simple to do while also being safe. I'll slash it first then when it tries to counter attack I will parry it. This thing looks pretty slow so I should be able to do this very quickly.

[]Smart: Offensive - stab , Defensive - evade. This seems to make the most sense as it is a robot. So stabbing it should be more effective to penetrate its defense than slashing. Then I will quickly pull out and evade. Should be very easy as it looks slow.

[] Write in?

Write in should be written like the other options. Please provide a description if you are going to use a write in.

Tutorial round 1
[X]Blacksmith(You are a creator by blood. Gain bonus to crafting rolls and a small growth bonus in endurance and constitution. Also gain ???)
[X]Efficient: Offensive - slash , Defensive - parry. This should be pretty simple to do while also being safe. I'll slash it first then when it tries to counter attack I will parry it. This thing looks pretty slow so I should be able to do this very quickly.

"8, 7, 6-" Should probably do this safely no need to rush."3, 2, 1, Start!"
As it's done the clock man walks slowly towards me fists raised in all.
Slash Roll 1d4 1+1(Sword(Basic)(1)) = 2 damage.
Clock man 2(Defense) - 2 = 0 damage done.
Clock man endurance goes down 1. Current defense 1.5 round up 2.
Clock man uses 'bad piston' damage roll 1d2 + 1d1 = 1+1 = 2 damage.
Parry roll 1d4 3 + 1(Sword(basic)(1)) = 4 -2 = 2 damage dealt to clock man.
Clock man endurance goes down by 1. Current defense 1.
I quickly slash it 'ding' which does nothing I'm assuming. Than I hear this sound 'Creeek' so I get ready parry and I see this clock man just jut out it's hand... which I parry because it's going at 10 Mph even with the quicker punch. It does the same thing 'ding' but it actually looks like its armor is damaged. I check it's stats-
Hp 3/5
Fuel 0/2
-are you telling me that was not it's normal attack... that was a special attack that consumes Fuel? Oh I got this.

Energy 7/10 - energy 8/10(Spirit) Parry is on cooldown. Moves are evade, slash, stab, parry, and wind slash. Choose 1.

[]Smart:
Offensive - stab , Defensive - evade. This seems to make the most sense as it is a robot. So stabbing it should be more effective to penetrate its defense than slashing. Then I will quickly pull out and evade. Should be very easy as it just used it's 'Special' move. I'll do this until it's dead.

[]Brutal: Offensive - slash , Offensive - slash. I'm not too low on energy and it's attacks are not powerful at all so I should just keep slashing until it's dead.

[] Write in?

Write in should be written the same as other options. Also if you want you can write how many rounds I should repeat this set of moves. For instance
[]Smart
-[]
2 rounds than ask again.
Also the blacksmith ??? will be revealed AFTER the fight.

Last edited:
Tutorial over and SHARKSVILLE!
[X]Smart
-[X]
2 rounds than ask again.

Oh I got this.
Hp 3/5
Fuel 0/2
Stab roll 1d4 3 + 1d2 1 + 1(Sword(Basic)(1)) = 5(Since it is a stab ignore armor up to 1/4 of the attack of the sword. Certain weapons or swords can change this 1/4.) = 5 damage dealt
Clock man 3/5 Hp - -1/4 Hp
Enemy defeated victory
I decided to try and end it by stabbing it in the head- 'Shing''Craack'-which the sword decided to just cut all the way through and out he back of its head. I wonder-

[]what the rewards are? I should get something.
[]how come I felt no resistance when I stab it but slashing made it only dent its armor?
[]what was this clock mans purpose? To be in the tutorial and die? I wonder if there are others like it in this world?

A- = A good job above others. You didn't get hit once and it only took two exchanges for you to win.
Reward: Start with 10 units(Starting funds) and 1 random stat point(This is for the A- grade) Rolling... 3 = Endurance = 6 endurance total 12/12 energy.
Well that's good but how come only A-? Do I need to defeat the opponent in 1 round and not get hit for an A+?
Allocating starter town... town found! The port town Sharksville!
...what is sharksville? At least I know it's a port town but come on.
Attention user! It is detected that you have registered as a blacksmith! Initiating test!
Oh no-

[]well at least they took me seriously! Barely anyway is an ACTUAL blacksmith nowadays.
[]I mean if it's necessary its necessary.

Gain Blacksmithing(Basic)(3): Allows basic blacksmithing methods. Increase rolls with smithing armor, weapons, items, etc. By 15% and 3 points.
Gain 2 random(But related to each other) blueprints ranging from basic to F- rank.
F- rank Celtic short sword: Attack roll is 1d8+1 durability 20/20. 10% chance to decrease enemy durability by 2(On top of the normal 1) after attack. Ingredients needed: 4 lesser pig iron ingots(Can use other types of metals for varying effects) and 1 handle of any type(Better handle more durability)
Above average lesser pig iron ingot recipe. Allows the smelting of lesser pig iron. This is better than lesser pig iron ingots bought in the store. +2 durability increase to anything forged using this lesser pig iron ingot recipe.
Hint! Pig iron comes from actual iron pigs!
Well that was simple. All it asked me to do was smith some basic tools. Even had the ingots already prepared. Now lets check out this Sharksville. Also what in gods name is an iron pig?

Tournaments are apparently a way to get rare weapons, armors, or resources. So I should probably join them. The ones that I can currently join are-

Lone Wolf tournament:
Qualifications: Lvl 1 with base starting weapon and can not wear armor.
There will be 16 total fighters, shall be 1v1 matches, and the Xp rewards from the fights will be given at the end. Skills are allowed but you can only use the skills you were given at the beginning.
Rewards for getting into the 2nd round(So top 8): 10 units and 10 Xp(Plus the Xp you gain from fighting). Rewards for top 3: 20 units, 20 Xp, and random lone wolf materials/items/armors that can be chosen. 1st place chooses first, then 2nd, and then 3rd. Can only enter once.

Beginner Blacksmith tournament:
Qualifications: Lvl 1-5, can not wear armor, and if Lvl 1 can only use starting weapon.
There will be 8 total fighters, shall be 1v1 matches, and the Xp rewards from the fights will be given at the end. Skills are allowed but you can only use the skills you were given at the beginning if Lvl 1. You will be put in a bracket with the same Lvl as you.

Rewards for getting into the 2nd round(So top 4): Blacksmithing(Basic)(1), a beginner blacksmith set(Better than most of the 'beginner' sets in market currently), and 5 units worth of basic blacksmith materials.

Rewards for 1st place: Blacksmithing(Basic)(2), a advanced beginner blacksmith set(Better than any of the blacksmith sets in market currently), a hammer that can smelt metals up to F+ rank, 10 units of blacksmith materials up to F- rank, and 1 random F rank armor blueprint.
Can enter this tournament 2 times maximum but if won the first time cannot enter the 2nd time.

Which one should I join?
[]The lone wolf tournament. I can only do it at the start it seems so if I do the beginner blacksmith tournament first I won't get to do it.
[]The Beginner blacksmith tournament. I need that blacksmithing kit more than I need anything else.
[]None at all! I don't need no tournament! You need this at the start so I'm not going to give you this option. Also what this quest is all about.

The market is where both the Npc and players set up. Might as well look around.

Market basic options. Until Clockwork soldier mk.1 is defeated F- rank options will not be unlocked. These F- ranked options will come up occasionally and will be on the lower end of power.
Options changed daily unless otherwise specified. Limited supply can lead to price changes.
Funds 10 units.

Basic armor(Cost 10 units)(Covers some key points on the body. Defense +1 durability 5/5)

Lesser pig iron(1 unit)(Some very average lesser pig iron that comes from iron pigs. Can be used in crafting ingots)

Lesser pig iron ingot(3 units)(Some very average lesser pig iron ingots. Can be used in crafting)

Player options:

None. Not yet anyway.

Buy something?
[]Yes.(What?)
[]None.(Not everything in the market is open so you can wait)

The skills trainer?

Skills trainer
Teaches basic skills and has some F- rank skills for sale. More skills will become available as time goes on. F- rank skills and above are in limited supply so they may not always appear or stay around.
Can train here.

Basic attack skills:
(Overhead(Basic)(1): Swing overhead to attack the enemy. Add 1d3 to the next attack. Cost 3 energy Cooldown 1 round.)(Costs 5 units)

(Thrust(Basic)(1): Thrust forward to attack the enemy. Add 1d2 to the next attack and increase agility by 1 for the attack. Cost 2 energy Cooldown 1 round.)(Costs 8 units)

Stance skills:

(Conservative stance(Basic)(1): Go into a passive stance. While in this stance only use defensive moves. Increase energy regeneration.)(Cost 15 units)

Everyday skills:

(Swimming(Basic)(1): Allows swimming. Can swim in currents up to 5 Mph.

Buy something?
[]Yes(What?)
[]No.

Training base. It's where I'll train my skills but it is not open. Just like how the arena isn't open until another 6 hours. Can't wait for that. All that seems open is the tournaments, the market, and the skills trainer. There also seems to be sections of town not open yet. No idea what they are.

Well here ya go.

The beginner blacksmith tournament round 1
[X] Plan: couldn't think of a name
-[X]how come I felt no resistance when I stab it but slashing made it only dent its armor?
-[X]well at least they took me seriously! Barely anyway is an ACTUAL blacksmith nowadays.
-[X]The Beginner blacksmith tournament. I need that blacksmithing kit more than I need anything else.
-[X]Yes.(Lesser Pig Iron and Ingot)
-[X] No.

I wonder how come I felt no resistance when I stab it but slashing made it only dent its armor? Gain study(1) trait: Every turn study a move increase Xp in that move by a small amount.
Stab study roll 1d10 9 = 9 Xp gain
Current Xp (1) 0/10 = 9/10

Oh no well at least they took me seriously! Barely anyone is an ACTUAL blacksmith nowadays. Gain pride(1) trait: Rolls involving ones pride gain a small bonus. Rolls involving humility take a small penalty.

I might as well buy 1 of each. I'll test out this... pig hide? How am I suppose to turn this into an ingot? Well I got the recipe for it so I'll find out after the tournament. I also don't think I'll need any skills for the tournament, not like they will let me use them.

I quickly signed up for the blacksmith tournament as while yes that lone wolf tournament seems decent for the materials alone. I can probably buy them from others and this will give me a blacksmith set if I just get to the second round. Also the blacksmith materials seem very useful and the hammer If I can get it.
Attention user you have signed up for blacksmith tournament ****! Please await transportation!
...There has got to be a setting in here somewhere to make it a pop-up that I can deal with later. 'vroom' Did it just teleport me? I'm in a colosseum with a few people maybe 5 in the stands. Makes sense, I mean why would there be a lot of players just watching a random low Lvl tournament.
"Round starts in 10, 9, 8-"
Well time to see my opponent.
Human player 'reee man': Lvl 1
Hp 12/12
Energy ??/10
What in the hell is a 'reee man'? At least my name is normal-ish-

[]Smith black
[]Normand
[]Write in?(Tell me your name. Your male btw)

"5, 4, 3-" He has a mace in hand.

Moves are evade, slash, stab, parry, and wind slash. Choose 1.

[]Brutal: Offensive - Wind slash , Offensive - slash or Defensive - evade
. This should be a good opening move I'll surprise him with my wind slash, than if he is surprised I'll slash him and if he is not than I'll evade. He has 2 more Hp than me but that's not much. If I get him low early he might have some side effects and be slower or hopefully strike less hard.

[]Test: Defensive - Evade , Offensive - slash. I should try and draw out his first attack and see what it is. Than I will slash him afterword. This will not take up any energy thanks to my regeneration and if he uses his 'Special' skill than I'll be able to go in.

[]Write in?

Write in should be written the same as the other options. Also WRITE IN PLAN.

Voting is open
Back