To Reach The Summit And Beyond! (Original Anime-based Quest)

[X] Your wish is to bear witness to the greatest story that will ever be told.

Changing my vote as well. This one is more interesting.

[x] Your greatest wish is to have the world's fanciest hat!

We be Jägers.

Last edited:
So....wouldn't the greatest story just be reaching the top of the mountain? Seems like a redundant wish.

So....wouldn't the greatest story just be reaching the top of the mountain? Seems like a redundant wish.
That depends entirely on what the greatest story is, but surely the mountain isn't the only source of adventure in the universe. Plus, I believe that I expressed a desire for us to be someone other than the protagonist in a story. Even if the greatest story ever told is just the journey up the mountain, that doesn't mean that "our" journey up the mountain is the greatest story. It could very well be someone in the past or future, which could change the setting drastically.

That depends entirely on what the greatest story is, but surely the mountain isn't the only source of adventure in the universe. Plus, I believe that I expressed a desire for us to be someone other than the protagonist in a story. Even if the greatest story ever told is just the journey up the mountain, that doesn't mean that "our" journey up the mountain is the greatest story. It could very well be someone in the past or future, which could change the setting drastically.

But it could be us. It leaves room for the wish to be wasted is all.

[X] "My wish? I gotta say, being the boss at the top of an unconquerable mountain sounds kinda rad. Seems like that's the sort of thing you can only have one of at a time, though. So I guess that makes my wish... deicide."

...is what I would've gone for but I think it's too late to swing the vote. Anyway, I'm interested to see what comes out of this.

Might as well throw my hat into this as well.

[x] My wish is to be the greatest cook in the universe while beating the ever loving crap out of anyone and anything that dares to stop me!

But it could be us. It leaves room for the wish to be wasted is all.
But if you've experienced the world's biggest volcanic eruption, you've also witnessed it.
Well, I find the possibility to be extremely unlikely, especially since such a result would rather boring for the author to write, I think. I mean, if we want to make the Mountain into a monkey's paw, all of the wishes can be interpreted in a way to screw us over. For example, the wish to change the world into one based entirely around wrestling doesn't specify whether we exist in that world, does it? The wish to gain the power to fight, stop and kill Magical Girls is based around the assumption that magical girls exist as more than fictional concepts in this world, etc, etc.

Additionally, if our story is "the greatest story ever told" then we have confirmation that our journey, out of the trillions of events, journeys, adventures and stories in past, present and future of the entire universe, ours is the best. Does that sound so bad?

You guys realize this wish happens once you reach the top, right? It's the goal, not the plot.
Judging by the Quest's title, I don't think that it's unreasonable for the quest to continue after we get out wish granted, right?

Well, I find the possibility to be extremely unlikely, especially since such a result would rather boring for the author to write, I think. I mean, if we want to make the Mountain into a monkey's paw, all of the wishes can be interpreted in a way to screw us over. For example, the wish to change the world into one based entirely around wrestling doesn't specify whether we exist in that world, does it? The wish to gain the power to fight, stop and kill Magical Girls is based around the assumption that magical girls exist as more than fictional concepts in this world, etc, etc.

Additionally, if our story is "the greatest story ever told" then we have confirmation that our journey, out of the trillions of events, journeys, adventures and stories in past, present and future of the entire universe, ours is the best. Does that sound so bad?

That's not a Monkey Paw. That's just interpreting the words correctly and considering possibilities. And yeah the Magical Girls one could also backfire the same way. Because big assumptions are made and the wording allows it to be taken advantage of.

Interpreting the wrestling one as a wish where the MC doesn't exist in it is actively malicious and Monkey-Paw like. That's the difference. Our wish would have to actively kill us.

And yeah wasting a wish on nothing does sound kinda bad.

That's not a Monkey Paw. That's just interpreting the words correctly and considering possibilities. And yeah the Magical Girls one could also backfire the same way. Because big assumptions are made and the wording allows it to be taken advantage of.

Interpreting the wrestling one as a wish where the MC doesn't exist in it is actively malicious and Monkey-Paw like. That's the difference. Our wish would have to actively kill us.

And yeah wasting a wish on nothing does sound kinda bad.
Considering that MegaCookie would have to have malicious intent for them to make our wishes amount to nothing, I'd argue that it would be a monkey's paw then.

I'm not arguing that what you said isn't a distinct possibility. I am arguing that the possibility of something like that happening is nigh-impossible, and that other outcomes are far more likely, which means that the wish isn't redundant.

Am I wrong?

Considering that MegaCookie would have to have malicious intent for them to make our wishes amount to nothing, I'd argue that it would be a monkey's paw then.

I'm not arguing that what you said isn't a distinct possibility. I am arguing that the possibility of something like that happening is nigh-impossible, and that other outcomes are far more likely, which means that the wish isn't redundant.

Am I wrong?

I've voted in some of mega's cyoas....this is not a zero chance thing. It wouldn't be malicious either. It'd just be his understanding of it. It's a real possibility.

I've voted in some of mega's cyoas....this is not a zero chance thing. It wouldn't be malicious either. It'd just be his understanding of it. It's a real possibility.
I literally just said that it isn't a zero chance thing. It's just so close to zero that it might as well be.

What do you mean? He's the author of the quest. "The Greatest Story" is whatever he decides he wants it to be. It can be any genre and any setting, unbound by space and time. And with all that creative freedom, him making it our journey up the mountain, and changing nothing isn't malicious?

You didn't answer my question, by the way. Am I wrong?

I literally just said that it isn't a zero chance thing. It's just so close to zero that it might as well be.

What do you mean? He's the author of the quest. "The Greatest Story" is whatever he decides he wants it to be. It can be any genre and any setting, unbound by space and time. And with all that creative freedom, him making it our journey up the mountain, and changing nothing isn't malicious?

You didn't answer my question, by the way. Am I wrong?

Yes you're wrong. It's decently likely it'll happen. In my opinion.

Back