Sci-Fi Timeslip (Pokémon Scarlet/Violet AU)

Timeslip (Pokémon Scarlet/Violet AU)
Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

What is Timeslip?
To put it simply, it's a slow burn AU fanfic about Professor Sada and Turo from the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet games, that changes a singular but drastic thing about them and is now having fun exploring all the possible ramifications of it. And feels. Lots of feels. And time travel shenanigans.

The basic idea was based on a theory that floated around before the games actually came out and as soon the "past vs future" theme of the games started to become obvious: what if Professor Turo and Sada actually were from a far off future and past, and after somehow meeting they ended up stranded in 21st century-Paldea together?

How could it happen?

What would drastically change about them (and indirectly the game's plot)? What would stay the same?

What started as a fun thought experiment then spiraled into pretty much its own thing, and was enough to convince me to pick up writing again after some ten years or more of hiatus. Before this, I had never written anything in English or really nothing longer than a oneshot or 2-3 chapters at the most, so this fic is my first time approaching a lot of things in a sense. It's been a lot of fun.

I've already posted this fic on various other platforms: as of now, the fic is almost 200k words long and still going strong and I update pretty regularly (or try to).

Comments and impressions are very welcome!
Back