'There will be no Hulk II Movie' Mark Ruffalo

Really? I'd heard some things about him having a lot of creative control, but nothing to that extent.

Marvel wanted a two hour smashup to help build to Avengers, and Norton wanted a thinkpiece on the nature of humanity. They tugged and pulled in both directions for a lot of the movie's development rather than compromising from the start.

Marvel wanted a two hour smashup to help build to Avengers, and Norton wanted a thinkpiece on the nature of humanity. They tugged and pulled in both directions for a lot of the movie's development rather than compromising from the start.

Ang Lee did a thinkpiece on the nature of humanity already with Hulk. Doing it again would be redundant.

And a two-hour smash up to help build to the Avengers isn't?

Given that we're talking about Norton's movie, which IIRC predated even Iron Man, at that point in time, no, it wouldn't be redundant.

Although it occurs to me that you might be talking about a potential sequel to Norton's movie, in which case I still say it wouldn't be redundant.

I suppose Star Wars counts, but if having non-direct sequels is the rationale, then Star Trek beat them to the punch with their TNG-era and Abramsverse films.
Except for the two Ewoks movies that came out in the '80s. Those are explicitly set in the Star Wars universe. The first one even stars the Ewok Leia runs into in RotJ.

Except for the two Ewoks movies that came out in the '80s. Those are explicitly set in the Star Wars universe. The first one even stars the Ewok Leia runs into in RotJ.

Yeah, forgot about them. The Holiday Special, too.

Especially if you take my viewpoint on the matter and consider the two movies we did get to be the broad strokes of Hulk's origin and history.

I think they're decent enough movies. Not awesome, but not awful.

Yeah, forgot about them. The Holiday Special, too.

I think they're decent enough movies. Not awesome, but not awful.
That's too bad. The Ewok movies at least have the benefit of a coherent story line. As for the hulk movies, I din't think they were that bad either. But I've also never bothered rewatching them.

That's too bad. The Ewok movies at least have the benefit of a coherent story line. As for the hulk movies, I din't think they were that bad either. But I've also never bothered rewatching them.

The Ewok movies are quite decent for what they are: children's stories. High production values, especially for the era, make them hold up far better than the dreaded Holiday Special which I think blew most of its budget on variety show comedians.

Given that we're talking about Norton's movie, which IIRC predated even Iron Man, at that point in time, no, it wouldn't be redundant.

Although it occurs to me that you might be talking about a potential sequel to Norton's movie, in which case I still say it wouldn't be redundant.
Iron Man came first.

Back