The Sun Never Sets - A New World Exploration Game

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

The Sun Never Sets

(Major Shoutout to @Kurtov for helping me with the map. Without you, this...
PSA - Manpower Pool Changes
After valid points being brought up on this, essentially from the start of the game, and myself having realized some glaring flaws in the formula used for Manpower Pools, a reminder will be issues. Players are raising levies that are too high, and I have been generous with consequences of such. Invading Morocco with 100,000 men was one of these. To be fair, the estimation I received was from an assessment on populations in the middle ages and how approximately the ratio of able-bodied men within France was at a ratio of 1:15.

I'm not a fan of retcons, but this is a necessary one. You will be allowed to modify your levies for warplans by the end of this turn, but consequences will begun for those raising unrealistic levies of their manpower pool. Most players should probably decrease their numbers by half (looking at Ottomans, Spain, and B-H)

Shoutout to those who helped me figure this out along the way. Good luck with all your battles, and I'm glad you're all still have a good time here.

Last edited:
PSA: Turn 2 Closing
@TheGrudgeKeeper I do not have Major Actions for you in your turn post.

FYI to everyone, I will be processing the end turn reports for Hansa, Brandenburg, Bavaria, Saxony, Milano, and France tonight. Everyone else will be finished tomorrow (meaning the Jagiellons, Austria, the Pope, and the Crusade itself, as well as England and Scotland).

If your polity wasn't mentioned here, then you haven't submitted a turnpost/major actions.

PSA: Additional Moderation
PSA: @bigseb31213 has joined on as War Mod, and @Alex Costa has joined on as Exploration mod.

I'll still be doing a great bulk of the moderation, especially the CoI stuff (Wars that Scotland is involved in, Ottoman Exploration, etc.), but I definitely needed the help to keep the game going, as I'll be very afk in the upcoming two weeks.

We're also looking for a new HRE player as Alex has officially taken up the Ottomans as of next turn. I'd rather not reach outside the confines of the game just yet, but perhaps @HumanityDark would like to move over to a more prestigious nation?

PSA: My bad guise
Sorry about the absence, but I feel the need to explain myself to you guys, so I think a short insight into my personal life might be illuminating on the matter. So what had happened was my s/o visited me from back home. I am currently based out of New York for the time being, working at a community college as an adjunct teacher and as a paper bitch, while finishing up my dissertation since living in London is mega spensive. So the bae came to visit during her reading week for like 11 days or so, and I basically had no time to do anything except randomly answer some NPC diplo or comment in the OOC. And I obviously wasn't going to choose you guys over her :p

However, I am now back to the usual schedule of posting, and will get started on the turn post now, and finish tomorrow at work after my boss leaves. I've got a few things I know I need to do, but I will be handing over all European Warplans to @bigseb31213 (expect some pms buddy).

On the topic of a time skip, while it does seem interesting, I like the narrative focus we have, and at best I'd be interested in moving the speed of the game up a tick, but otherwise, I feel like we're chugging along. Once I get my end of turn reports back up to a regular pace, we should be fine. I will be doing a roll call for major actions tomorrow, and be posting the reports piecemeal as usual.

Once again, apologies for the massive delay of play, and expect things to be running back to normal. Feel free to get in touch with me and expect a swift response.

PSA: Closing of Turn 4
I'm starting on closing the fourth turn now. As of this moment, I have only received Major Actions from the following either via Turnpost or PM. If you have outstanding NPC diplomacy that myself or the other co-mods have failed to answer, please bump it/repost and I'll get to it today.

Submitted Major Actions:

Turnpost
Portugal: @Ceslas
Kalmarunion: @Sailor Midgard
Brandenburg: @GandalftheGrey
Ottomans: @Alex Costa
Bavaria: @Deathwing
Navarre: @KingOfPenguins

PM
Burgundy: @HumanityDark
France: @Theravis
Poland: @Duzzit

Anyone not on this list, I haven't received it, or missed it. If you've already submitted, it was most likely by PM (there's only three pages of IC thread following the opening of turn 4), and I must have lost it. Please resend them and I'll get to them by Friday so that we can have the new turn on the weekend.

Kurtov will be modding the Civil War in Orleans, while bigseb will be handling the stuff in the East, so expect results for those by them by the end of the week.

PSA: Lol I couldn't be fucked
@Alex Costa that's not as bad as what happened to me, and I hope everything works out. In the mean, I will do the Exploration results for everyone.

So basically I had everything but the summaries for everyone reports written from when I left work yesterday, but then I got rearended on the way home, and was fucking PISSED. So I couldn't be fucked to come online, let alone post the results. Today mostly consisted of me arguing with my insurance company, and then taking my car to the shop, and then being angry. Results are up.

I know I need to do Poland and Lithuania, which are incoming now, as well as England and Scotland, of which they are basically reliant on one another and the latter hasn't submitted yet because he's working on war reports.

Kurtov's posted a sweet one for France, which means we now have a big war for people to pick sides and get involved in. If I recall correctly, France never gave me Major Actions for this Turn, however @Theravis if I am wrong, bump them and I'll process you.

If I've missed anything that I haven't mentioned above, please bring it to my attention. I know we've been slowing down a bit recently, but I hope now we can get back on track.

PSA: Turn Five Open
Anglo-Scottish war and Scottish Exploration results up. Turn Five open was edited into the Second batch of results for the end of Turn Four, since I like to keep the Threadmarks neat so I can easily gather up Major Actions for the end of every turn.

To keep things transparent with you guys, I've obviously been having timing issues, as I have to sort out plans for heading back to Britbongistan, and my workload has picked up again. I was flirting with the idea of a hiatus, but why do that when the game is still moving along strong. There is currently a discussion of shifting authority to Kurtov, but I wouldn't want to fully just throw the load onto her, and still believe I can mod in some form. This is all with the goal of benefiting the players with continued moderation of a good quality, which, in absence of my presence and activity in the past few weeks, I hope is still prevalent.

PSA: Lets keep things moving
PSA: So I had another long weekend, and my time is just getting shittier. I think one of the main issues for me is that its difficult to get that "end of turn report" in consistently. Thus, the Modding Tribunal has decided to shake things up a bit.

@Kurtov will be taking over my responsibilities for ending the turn, and processing Major Actions. This basically means her word is final there, and I will be referring to this by default due to how much more active and involved she is compared to me. I will still be modding the game, processing Warplans, Colonization, and NPC stuff as it goes, and expect a nice batch of severely backlogged shit to go up. The point isn't to just shift everything to someone else, but to move things around so that things simply get done in a more timely fashion.

Thanks to Kurtov for being a fucking champ for this game. I am happy to see that the scenario we have created is still going strong, and I feel like butt for not being able to put my all into it.

As an added note: Kurtov will no longer be playing as Lithuania, formally following my posting of the final war report for the Moscovian War of Aggression. I may or may not be taking up Austria so that hole isn't left in such an integral part in European politics.

Back