The Seven Seals above Texas.

[X] Improve Personal Abilities: Let's see if you can help more than just spend company funds, time to get training! I pick magic (This will make **you** an agent, therefore you can be killed but can aid more directly)

[X] The Research the Research! Oh no…: God damn the butterfield thugs, get in there and see if there is any seal research we can recover.

Butterfield, more like Butterfingers. They're burning the science we sent them to collect.

Edit: how am I at negative magical knowledge?

Last edited:
The secret altars thing at least told us we were missing something, most likely sincerity, but I'm open to other theories

Sincerity And Focus Theory (I do not believe this is how magic works, this is merely a guess, I don't need to hear a counter theory I can be easily proven wrong at any moment by the QM and I won't let a theory guide my decision making)

Emotion empowers magic, directs it a bit, the pope is admired by countless God fans as one of the people closest to god, the enhanced soldiers in the middle east may be fanatics may be powering their strength through extreme belief in their cause
The sheer attention, belief, and countless stories made of folklore from all over the world may be whats powering those spirits in japan, the terracotta warriors, and whatever else may be out there

And there is focus, this power needs to be given forms, vessels, names, which is why folklore and religion got powered up the most
Magic once charged requires something to wrangle it into shape, you cannot simply have devotion to something dark and evil, focus it into the blade which spills the blood of sacrifices, make it the tongue of your wicked god so it may taste their tithe more directly

Last edited:
[X] The Research the Research! Oh no…: God damn the butterfield thugs, get in there and see if there is any seal research we can recover.

Butterfield, more like Butterfingers. They're burning the science we sent them to collect.

Edit: how am I at negative magical knowledge?

Knowledge like money is a shared resource within the company. Not a personal one.

Right, how are we at negative knowledge. And how did shooting someone make an entire organization forget some stuff.

I probably should rename knowledge, it includes knowledge such as theories but also files and physical items

Perhaps I should call it magical resources but than that misses the point a little as well

The company is also at 1 magic (x) atm

2 from last turn, -2 and +1 from this turn.

But has transformed that vague magic resource into the ability to empower combat using magic + a general minor boost in defence and combat abilities due to the application of minor magic in day to day items.

This being my first quest is showing true and bright here heh

But yeah I hope that makes things clearer, maybe I should post a information sheet on the rules and aspects.

I probably should rename knowledge, it includes knowledge such as theories but also files and physical items

Perhaps I should call it magical resources but than that misses the point a little as well

The company is also at 1 magic (x) atm

2 from last turn, -2 and +1 from this turn.

But has transformed that vague magic resource into the ability to empower combat using magic + a general minor boost in defence and combat abilities due to the application of minor magic in day to day items.

This being my first quest is showing true and bright here heh

But yeah I hope that makes things clearer, maybe I should post a information sheet on the rules and aspects.
That does make thing clearer. Although it sounds closer to an xp system, We gained enough knowledge to unlock an ability.

Maybe rename it something like magic theory so proven magic theory turns into a magic practice.

Call upon the divine:

We decided to begin experimenting with small secret alters and trying to attract the attention of supernatural beings whilst making up our own. our scientists (if you could call them that) called out every name they could, from the tribal spirits of America to the gods of the old world, to gods from video games and fantasy books. Nothing quite worked for a while until one strange day.
[X] Call upon a divine, Odin.
-[X] after failing to get the attention of otherworldly beings through spray and pray, focus on one specific deity that humanity venerate and try what myth tells us & is reasonably do-able (sacrificing an enemy army is unlikely to happen anytime soon). Put our actions & goals into terms fitting his domains and ask for his aid in leadership, understanding magic, and defeating foes.
-[X] use 1 magic knowledge

Associations like knowledge, sorcery, and the runic alphabet. Wisdom & royalty. War, battle, and victory.

Stories like him sacrificing himself to himself and learning the runic alphabet (magic secrets) through that and then sharing it with humanity.

Just so painfully fitting for our situation. (The war & battle needn't be literal for us)

[X] Improve Personal Abilities: Let's see if you can help more than just spend company funds, time to get training! Train Perception. (This may let you learn a talent) (This will make **you** an agent, therefore you can be killed but can aid more directly)
[-] Facility Perception Part 2: Further investigation into getting deeper into our facility
God this is a difficult choice. If we don't- but this would- but if-
What's the system for how effective a shareholder throwing money at shit is?
Eh being personally involved will probably make this noticeably faster just by there being an Agent on it

Last edited:
[X] Call upon a divine, Odin.
-[X] after failing to get the attention of otherworldly beings through spray and pray, focus on one specific deity that humanity venerate and try what myth tells us & is reasonably do-able (sacrificing an enemy army is unlikely to happen anytime soon). Put our actions & goals into terms fitting his domains and ask for his aid in leadership, understanding magic, and defeating foes.
-[X] use 1 magic knowledge

Associations like knowledge, sorcery, and the runic alphabet. Wisdom & royalty. War, battle, and victory.

Stories like him sacrificing himself to himself and learning the runic alphabet (magic secrets) through that and then sharing it with humanity.

Just so painfully fitting for our situation. (The war & battle needn't be literal for us)
I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress in that task, if it succeeds then it adds fuel to my Sincerity And Focus Theory
If not then I guess we just get back to the drawing board and see what connects all that magic stuff

Cool quest concept! Time to plug a few leaks.
[X] Shhhh: We've found some of our old leaky talent, let's seal that tap for good

We should make a company mascot (like mickey mouse for disney) and start offering it blood sacrifice. What's the worst that could happen??

Cool quest concept! Time to plug a few leaks.
[X] Shhhh: We've found some of our old leaky talent, let's seal that tap for good

We should make a company mascot (like mickey mouse for disney) and start offering it blood sacrifice. What's the worst that could happen??
I can make it better, a weekly sacrifice of our worst-performing employee to the Head of The Board (our mascot).

Let's not go for blood sacrifices yet, an operation like that could get exceedingly expensive, including covering up all the missing employees

Instead we could do some basic offerings, burning great food in pyres as a gift to the mascot is less trouble
And we gotta think up a mascot that symbolically aligns with our company in a lot of ways so we at least have sufficient connection to it

What does our company do again? I could draw up a mascot for later worship

Let's not go for blood sacrifices yet, an operation like that could get exceedingly expensive, including covering up all the missing employees

Instead we could do some basic offerings, burning great food in pyres as a gift to the mascot is less trouble
And we gotta think up a mascot that symbolically aligns with our company in a lot of ways so we at least have sufficient connection to it

What does our company do again? I could draw up a mascot for later worship

The Company was founded for the main reason to do this research into breaking the seals. As noted in the stealth action, the company got a majority of it's funds and power via shareholders interested in breaking into another realm providing funds and services for the company's goal. So I guess the mascot could be an angel ? or somethin xP.

The Company was founded for the main reason to do this research into breaking the seals. As noted in the stealth action, the company got a majority of it's funds and power via shareholders interested in breaking into another realm providing funds and services for the company's goal. So I guess the mascot could be an angel ? or somethin xP.

- A ram to symbolize how we charged headfirst into a hole in the universe and broke it open
- A seal just cause it sounds exactly like what we tore open
- A shard of unreality with cartoony eye on it for the sake of weirdness
- A cartoon dude in an advanced hazmat suit holding a device similar in appearence to what we broke reality with
- A texan buffalo just to match where we are
- A angel dressed in a suit and tie cause you suggested an angel but I wanted it to match the company a bit more, don't wanna be confused with a catholic organization, just incase we ever get in a fight with them

We could go for the pun and do a harbor seal with angel wings

Wouldn't look goofy at all

Back