Emma; I'm not a homophobe, but I'm willing to tattle on some gay man, because he's giving a 'safe space' to losers where they feel like they are normal. Them being gay is purely incidental. I'm a great ally!

I think Emma, like a lot of real-life homophobes (especially politicians), makes a mental distinction between instrumental homophobia - just taking advantage of homophobia without passionately hating queer people - versus heartfelt homophobia. But it's a meaningless distinction. The word for someone willing to take instrumental advantage of homophobia is homophobe.

Emma; I'm not a homophobe, but I'm willing to tattle on some gay man, because he's giving a 'safe space' to losers where they feel like they are normal. Them being gay is purely incidental. I'm a great ally!

Sophia, I suggest you run before Emma realizes that Taylor has black friends.

Edit: hopefully better readability
Yeah. That's... honestly quite a common privileged position. "It's not bigotry if I gain something from harming minorities, right?"
I hadn't realized that so many teens in theater were gay.
I guess Taylor had to learn about theatre some day.
"When will white people learn?," said Celia.
One hot dog at a time.
Fortunately, she punched me in the nose, which didn't hurt at all and I didn't even have to take a step back, because my nose was bullshit.
Must say this didn't feel much like Rachel to me—can't put my finger on why, though. Also, she's lucky Taylor's nose is doing some cheating here; if it didn't move back much or deform, it should have felt like punching a wall. And that can be pretty rough on the hands.

Also, she's lucky Taylor's nose is doing some cheating here; if it didn't move back much or deform, it should have felt like punching a wall. And that can be pretty rough on the hands.

Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate it.

I find Rachel as I wrote her to be pretty funny, but she may be inspired more by fanon than canon, alas: I haven't reread Worm in a couple of years.

My current thought is, Taylor's nose is about as hard to the touch as a regular nose is, and has a little bit of give on the outer surface, with less give as you go deeper. (Sort of like Leviathan, now that I think of it.) And, as you say, it cheats. :)

Back