The Mouse Snaps His Fingers: Disney Acquires 21st Century Fox and All Assets

*is still happy most of the Marvel stuff is under one roof*

Now we just have to save Spidey, damn it.

Elizabeth Gabler's Fox 2000 to Shutter Amid Disney Reorganization

Article:
It was not immediately clear what will happen to Gabler herself and her team going forward, since they have not received individual pink slips themselves.

But with the acquisition, Disney is doubling the number of film labels it juggles, and once it decided to keep 20th Century Fox and the specialty film unit Fox Searchlight, there apparently was no room for Fox 2000.

Gabler's unit, created in 1999, has been home to such films as Walk the Line; The Devil Wears Prada; Hidden Figures; Love, Simon; and The Hate U Give.

Disney does expect to complete production and then release the unit's upcoming films, such as the dog-centric The Art of Racing in the Rain, starring Kevin Costner, which has been scheduled for Sept. 27, and the thriller The Woman in the Window, starring Amy Adams and Gary Oldman, which has had an Oct. 4 release date. Older Fox 2000 titles will become part of the Disney catalog.

Sad to see them go, mid-level movies are probably some of the better ones made.

Viacom might of might not be bigger than Disney, I actually don't know, but Walt Disney Company had earned five times more yearly revenue than Viacom... before their most recent acquisition.

I also feel that monopoly already existing isn't a good reason to encourage more. ISPs already have nearly a monopoly in many areas, and the barrier of entry to infrastructure and customer exposure is high.

In many ways I might prefer 20 different medium budget films of different styles instead of 4 big budget films a year with similar tones.

Back