The Grand Transformers Thread

Shit, how do I get 86 Swoop's robot head to disengage from the beak without breaking something?

Disappointment of the Dinobots in more ways than one, it seems.

edit" ah, the pterodactyl head is a latch flap. I'm still not used to being half blind.

Stioll stand by calling this the disappointment of the Dinobots, though. It's barely a step up from the Core Class, despite being two size classes bigger and having a budget to match. At least he feels solid enough that I don't feel like they cheated me on raw quantity or quality of the plasric. That's something I guess? He really should have included all four swords, at least.

Last edited:
Two manipulators up. I'm looking foreward to a second viewing to see if there were changes in the final film, but probably not until it's out on streaming. If my eyes are still good enough to bother, I'll get a physical media copy.

Last edited:
One of my friends had a great comment regarding the movie.

If someone asked me "I want to start looking into Transformers, where do I start?"
I'd point them at this movie.
There's really no other piece of Transformers media that condenses the basics of the franchise into as newbie friendly a package as this does.

Couple minor questions for those who've seen the final release:

Trailer Jar Jar Bee said "knife hands," early screening had "sword hands." Which is it?

Did they give Soundwave the full voice provessing or does he talk like Dr. Claw?

finally,
Did they just totally Joss the abusive relationship bullshit EartSpark tried to spin Megatron and Starscream into by instead making it a D/s kink? Because a few days later, it really seems like that scene was "Ooh, hurt me more! Yes!"

In other news, I just found out about the upcoming Newage not-Voyaher not-Megatron, aka Romulus. With "Studio 86" Megatron being by necessity a dirty, dirty lie this would be the thing that finally got me into 3p Transformers... except with 3p pricing it's probably going to be one of those $300 bastardpieces I can do nothing but cry over being too poor to even dream about, and (now barely able to see fine details) too fiddly to transform.

Also because I already have their Agamemnon 4" not-Megs so it's not actually the first one either, and I haven't tried transforming him lately...

Last edited:
It did seems to be kind of like that until the cannon was in Starscream's face.

Yeah,

the High Guard had been stuck in the wilds a bit too long, and degenerated from military into terrorist group that considered personal power the only real authority. So Starscream was a lot more willing to get his hands dirty then some versions of him were. He'd probably had to do it before. And even when he was getting pummeled, he was defiant, right up until he had the binary choice to beg for mercy or die

My only complaint is that
there could have been about ten more minutes spread through the movie to go into detail about Megatron's degradation in morality (or if the situation just brought out his worst traits) and a bit more detail on how the High Guard ended up where they are.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Box Office: ‘Transformers One’ Loses to ‘Beetlejuice Beetlejuice’ in Surprise Upset

The Paramount and Hasbro Entertainment movie had been expected to easily top the domestic chart with $30 million or more. Instead, it came in at an estimated $25 million.
Paramount and Hasbro Entertainment's Transformers One was expected to open to at least $30 million to $35 million in North America, more than enough to top the chart. Instead, it came in at an an estimated $25 million from 3,978 theaters versus an estimated $26 million from 4,172 locations for Warner Bros.' Beetlejuice sequel, which is now in is third weekend.

Transformers One had held a slight edge as of Saturday morning, but the necessary traffic needed to eke out a victory didn't materialize.

... The movie hoped to play to both demos similar to the blockbuster Spider-Man: Spider-Verse series, but so far, the turnout has been soft on both fronts. Chatter on social media indicates that some franchise fans were confused as to the film's animated status.

It only brought in $14 million internationally for a worldwide total of $39 million.

The jury is out on the film's ultimate fate. The modestly budgeted event pic, co-financed by Hasbro, cost $75 million to produce before marketing, which minimizes the sting of the weak domestic opening.

My only complaint is that
there could have been about ten more minutes spread through the movie to go into detail about Megatron's degradation in morality (or if the situation just brought out his worst traits) and a bit more detail on how the High Guard ended up where they are.
Probably sequel fodder, as they still have to kick the Quints off Cybertron, with the 'Cons then following up by driving the 'Bots into evacuating as well. That's be my guess for a trilogy pan, anyway, if under-performing at the box office doesn't sink that. A second installment is probably already in early stages but far enough to not want to stop, like the GI Joe crossover followup to Ricing the Beets (which I didn't hate or anything, I just love saying that) which is apparently still on according to executive comments despite RtB also having earned below expectations and the last Joe movie having seriously bombed.

Last edited:
Hopefully, I will see TF1 tomorrow.

Also, check this out:

vintagegeekculture.tumblr.com

Vintage Geek Culture

Who was the first Transformer to appear in animation? As Transformers were cobbled together from several different toy lines that were animated at different points, this question is challenging to...

Geez, man. That's rough. Take the time you need, and just be there for your fami9ly if you can.

I'm super curious to see it but I'm also mid-move so rn is just a bad bad time lol

My bestie said he was going to have to raise his flag, as it were, because where he is it's leaving the theater like tomorrow which is nuts

Back