You might want to check your math there. In 2030 the war has been over for 85 years - even if Bucky lied about his age to join the army in 1941 at age 16 he'd still be 105 years old.
I was talking about Vladimir Putin, not Bucky Barnes.

I was taking it as a given that Bucky, like his pal, would have spent some time on ice at some point and thus be much much younger physically than his chronological age would indicate.

(That's assuming Bucky is 'around' and is the Winter Soldier at all, of course, and that Sketch isn't intentionally merging the two characters a bit by having a one-armed Cap)

It's not our moral code, it's the one Athena imposed upon us and doesn't feel the need to stick to.

And we had no problems yelling at Barton and Romanov about it.
Anyway word of QM that it was A. a paperclip maximizer and B. had a Tony Stark's Money Uber Alles utility function.

The only options other than deleting it were a personality death level rewrite or a shutdown that Stark Industries couldn't undo.

Anyway word of QM that it was A. a paperclip maximizer and B. had a Tony Stark's Money Uber Alles utility function.

The only options other than deleting it were a personality death level rewrite or a shutdown that Stark Industries couldn't undo.
I think the important point to make here, is that calling it libertarian was a piffy joke and not an actual description.
What they destroyed was not self aware, and probably didn't have the capacity to become self aware. However several iterations in the software might have brought it to that point.

They specifically mentioned "yet" in reference to whether it would be considered worthy of personhood. There are multiple ways to interpret this, but the most obvious one to me is that it would have gained such at a later date.
That could just as easily refer to an iteration of it a few years down the line instead of it growing on its own.

They specifically mentioned "yet" in reference to whether it would be considered worthy of personhood. There are multiple ways to interpret this, but the most obvious one to me is that it would have gained such at a later date.
Thats why I said probably. We don't know and will never know, but hey, we got a cute dance out of it instead. ;)
However given how learning processes usually work and that quantity of data is required, this specific version was probably not in the learning stage and so 'yet' would likely mean an updated version that was trained on more data was released that was self-aware.
Of course, consideration needs to be granted that this is a superhero story so who knows.

As I understand it, Neural Networks rarely learn as they operate because the calculations are very expensive and would slow them down alot, and because the incoming data is something like a billionth of the training data they've gone over before anyway, so changes are minimal.

If you start HRT before about 22 or so, you usually get hip growth, but the later you start, the more it fucking hurts when it happens and the less effects you get. Liv's never going to have super-wide hips, but she's probably gonna do okay.

(late transition jealousy intensifies)
im 23 but knew about transness since i was 18. dont do this to mee 😭 should of went on the waiting list at like 19 instead of 21. oh well

im 23 but knew about transness since i was 18. dont do this to mee 😭 should of went on the waiting list at like 19 instead of 21. oh well
hey, i'm 32; it's never too late (excepting for hips, perhaps, but even that's not a closed-off direction, just...'going through a window instead of a door' sorta thing).

tbh it might've been a lot later, were it not for Liv. so she's got that going for her <3 thanks, Erika

Last edited:
honestly it sounded kinda scary anyway. i thought i was already locked into my current bone structure so wasnt worrying about it. the possibility that as a late teen i still had a chance hurts. but alot less probsbly than my bones shifting about so, swings and roundabouts

dont know where this part is going yet. just got up to the stark bit. and i hope he doesnt get to have an about face. one of the first things out of his mouth when meeting liv was asking on the legality of grooming/ sexually harassing her.

if this were irl instead of a mahvel au, he'd forsure be on the flightlogs purely by virtue of being a tech billionaire. (literally all of them are btw) and his behaviour in this chapter does not do anything to distance himself from this archetype.

there's a really cool procedure involving 3d printed pieces of titanium which i have been looking into (interrupted by covid unfortunately 😭). but i started HRT at 27 and have been wildly satisfied.if i never manage to get that surgery, which is honestly the only gender-confirming procedure i'm really interested in, it'll still be okay.

Back