That ASoIaF Peggy Sue Do-Over Quest Absolutely No One Asked For: The North Remembers

[X] "I saw this in a dream. Wolves for wolves. There is a sixth." They may think you strange. Let them; you died in the South and rose in the North. You lived a future that might now never be. You are strange.

[X] "I saw this in a dream. Wolves for wolves. There is a sixth." They may think you strange. Let them; you died in the South and rose in the North. You lived a future that might now never be. You are strange.

Wolves for wolves huh wonder how Jon will feel being included although someone will ask "aren't you a wolf too father" in which case we take there direwolf and give them a weasel for being annoying.

Last edited:

I like Dark Abstraction's phrasing better than the standard option counterpart for it.

Also, we totally have to keep this course of spouting cryptic lines from now on; grow out our beard, dye it white, maybe find a sword warhammer in a stone for one of Robert's* bastards or try talking to the waters of Gods Eye, and then we can put on our robe and wizard's hat and wear them proudly for ages to come.

*Does anyone here doubt Bobby B's ability to plunge a warhammer into solid stone during his prime?

Last edited:
[x] Write in: "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant, Once he left the Wall his fate was set, that he attempted to sway me by claiming fairytales does not sit well with me. He deserted his post and there is only one punishment for that, death. The North`s way is the old way and the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword, I am not pleased to have to kill him, but it is my duty to uphold the Law and peace in the North. Do you understand?"

[
X] "I saw this in a dream. Wolves for wolves. There is a sixth." They may think you strange. Let them; you died in the South and rose in the North. You lived a future that might now never be. You are strange.

----

I had do include a quote about the old way, I love that quote, also he better seek Ghost, he is needed and I`d rather he didn't die alone in the snow.[/b]

Last edited:
Interesting.

I'm gonna be honest, the last two seem like the same thing to me. One of them had us insist that there's a sixth, the second does the same thing except that it explains why we think so.
You're right, and I have added one of the write-ins as an option.

You may now choose to [bullshit furiously].

The options are less about exactly what you do, and more about how you're going to be perceived from now on. It's mostly an excuse for me to get some butterflies flapping, one way or the other. Sticking this close to canon is oddly stressful.

Last edited:

I like Dark Abstraction's phrasing better than the standard option counterpart for it.

Also, we totally have to keep this course of spouting cryptic lines from now on; grow out our beard, dye it white, maybe find a sword warhammer in a stone for one of Robert's* bastards or try talking to the waters of Gods Eye, and then we can put on our robe and wizard's hat and wear them proudly for ages to come.

*Does anyone here doubt Bobby B's ability to plunge a warhammer into solid stone during his prime?
You have no idea how much I just laughed at the idea of Ned Stark playing at being Gandalf. Thank you for that.

[x] Write in: "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant, Once he left the Wall his fate was set, that he attempted to sway me by claiming fairytales does not sit well with me. He deserted his post and there is only one punishment for that, death. The North`s way is the old way and the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword, I am not pleased to have to kill him, but it is my duty to uphold the Law and peace in the North. Do you understand?"

You have no idea how much I just laughed at the idea of Ned Stark playing at being Gandalf. Thank you for that.
:D You're welcome. I'm still cracking up imagining it myself.

Also, now that I've been reminded that there's another vote to be made...

[x] "I dislike the waste of life. That deserter did not have to die today. He knew the law, he took an oath. He ignored the law, he broke his oath.

"It was the deserter who decided his own fate. I just wish... that he had chosen a different one. A happier one. Do you understand?"

Tentatively. I am not sure about the first choice; it is a complex dilemma on several levels - what we tell Bran with these words, what we tell the others present with these words, what we choose to believe about ourself with these words. The implications are quite hard to contemplate, and I'm too sleepy at the moment to dedicate more brainpower to the task.

[x] "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant. I mislike that it is necessary, and I wish that it weren't. I wish that this world we live in was perfect and peaceful, but it is not. It is flawed and violent, and the only peace there is, is the peace we make and must protect from those who would disrupt it— like the deserter.

"I wish that he had not deserted, so I would not have had to kill him, but he did, and I did, for peace. Do you understand?"

[x] lie. You blink. "What do you mean there isn't a sixth pup? I'm certain I saw another." It isn't even truly a lie. There is a sixth pup, and you are certain you saw him, before.

It is, however, rather unbelievable. There is no way you could have seen the pup in such detail.

Even if some of these men believe you, everyone here is going to watch you with a wary eye. There are simply too many ominous signs piling up today for your oddness to be easily forgotten or dismissed.

[x] "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant. I mislike that it is necessary, and I wish that it weren't. I wish that this world we live in was perfect and peaceful, but it is not. It is flawed and violent, and the only peace there is, is the peace we make and must protect from those who would disrupt it— like the deserter.

"I wish that he had not deserted, so I would not have had to kill him, but he did, and I did, for peace. Do you understand?"

[x]
admit that you had a dream about this. You don't remember precisely what happened last time, but something you've done caused them to not find Ghost, and you'd rather he didn't die alone in the snow.

Last edited:

[x] admit that you had a dream about this. You don't remember precisely what happened last time, but something you've done caused them to not find Ghost, and you'd rather he didn't die alone in the snow.

[X] "I dislike the waste of life. That deserter did not have to die today. He knew the law, he took an oath.He ignored the law, he broke hisoath.

"It was the deserter who decided his own fate. I just wish... that he had chosen a different one. A happier one. Do you understand?"

[x] "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant. I mislike that it is necessary, and I wish that it weren't. I wish that this world we live in was perfect and peaceful, but it is not. It is flawed and violent, and the only peace there is, is the peace we make and must protect from those who would disrupt it— like the deserterdeserter.

[x] admit that you had a dream about this. You don't remember precisely what happened last time, but something you've done caused them to not find Ghost, and you'd rather he didn't die alone in the snow..

[X] Write in: "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant, Once he left the Wall his fate was set, that he attempted to sway me by claiming fairytales does not sit well with me. He deserted his post and there is only one punishment for that, death. The North`s way is the old way and the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword, I am not pleased to have to kill him, but it is my duty to uphold the Law and peace in the North. Do you understand?"

[X] Write in: "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant, Once he left the Wall his fate was set, that he attempted to sway me by claiming fairytales does not sit well with me. He deserted his post and there is only one punishment for that, death. The North`s way is the old way and the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword, I am not pleased to have to kill him, but it is my duty to uphold the Law and peace in the North. Do you understand?"

[X] "The King's justice is necessary, but that doesn't mean that it is pleasant. I mislike that it is necessary, and I wish that it weren't. I wish that this world we live in was perfect and peaceful, but it is not. It is flawed and violent, and the only peace there is, is the peace we make and must protect from those who would disrupt it— like the deserter.

Last edited:
[X] "I dislike the waste of life. That deserter did not have to die today. He knew the law, he took an oath.He ignored the law, he broke hisoath.

[x] "I dislike the waste of life. That deserter did not have to die today. He knew the law, he took an oath. He ignored the law, he broke his oath.

[x] admit that you had a dream about this. You don't remember precisely what happened last time, but something you've done caused them to not find Ghost, and you'd rather he didn't die alone in the snow.

All right, I meant to call the vote at midnight and then work on an update right after like a good little GM, but unfortunately I got sucked into Fallout and I'm only now waking up. Bad, bad GM.

Anyhoo, [I regret that killing is necessary for peace] won 19-4 against [I wish he had chosen a happier fate], and [I had a dream {variation wolves 4 wolves}, also be lowkey mysterious] won 21/28-4 against [bullshit furiously].

Last edited:
Back