[X] [Hayana] You do your best, and I'll do mine.
[X] [JEF] Take Resources
[X] [KAJI] No. Shut the line down, you're satisfied with the outcome.

Went to sleep at 2AM right after posting that Purge Corruption stat was Spirit, so now that I'm awake I can answer some questions.

SPIRIT is one of the mechanics where we do have divergent plans. It's been one of the things that I think was substantially misplayed from Pete's original gameplay - the risk from going full Humanity was becoming vulnerable to Geass and lacking the force of a god, but the reward should've been SPIRIT.

So heads up: Once we hit BROKEN MIRROR and a new thread, someone is going to ask you whether you're a human or a machine, and your answer is human without question. That will give you a certain realization:

SPIRIT 1: EGO

is already in play.
How? Isnt that locked?

So it's going from Interface to Spirit, A Stat we currently have a whopping 0 in, and confirmation you plan to force it.

Well, that Significantly dims my opinion of this revival. The forced Railroading was a big part of the last blowup after all.

Please leave the purge option as it is, since rolling against Interface is something we can actually succeed at better than if it was a Spirit check (we might actually have enough points to raise Interface to 5 this turn, which would guarantee we remove 1 corruption each time we take the purging action).

Though yeah, the more I think about it, Interface is more appropriate for the Purge Corruption action. Raising Spirit is still very important for Corruption resistance, so it will be a more durable option - however, I'll leave purging corruption on Interface.

This seems kind of dumb. Like if our guys need to loose to get gud when we don't have any gurantees that said losses won't just get them straight killed than it just feels like we're either going to loose most our guys via RNG fucking us leaving us hopefully with some gods skill wise or we continue to eek out wins without any improvement on the pilot side.

Like while this "if you eat shit you get skill" mechanic idea is kind of a safety net mechanic so that even if we lose we still get something I don't think it will work out well for playing. Cause most players in my experience love 'win to win harder' type mechanics where by winning and pulling off crazy shit you get stuff or experience to win against things you couldn't even think of beating or pull of even crazier stuff.

Edit: It's why most video games just do the simple "win battle to get experiance to level up and become stronger" and why the few who do stuff like "get hit to increase your heavy armor skill" tend to be less popular since even if the later can still be fun it can get kind of tedious to improve if it requires a 'failure' as simple as getting hit.
Well first, I can tell you that while it'll be overacted as hell, you'll always have the choice to save your pilots-I won't set up this game to straight screw you on that.

To the broader philosophical point -
Yeah, it's a huge rush to have winning more systems - so long as you win. But that's not where this game is headed.

The glory of the winners is easily comprehended.

However, I want to bring out the glory of the losers.

[X] [Hayana] Spare no expense, and I won't either.

[X] [JEF] Take Tech

[X] [KAJI] Yes, but he'll have to understand - if you're not happy, no one's happy. And you'll know.
-[X] [KAJI] Do nothing to interfere with how this battle has otherwise played out. And do nothing to poke your nose where it shouldn't be either (related to Mithril, Ravens Nest, the DeNaan and Angel in general). Wouldn't want to risk a repeat of this conversation, would you?

Hey what I'm confused about is that we know spy man is talking to the reset queen from code geass, and he's already told her to turn back the clock. It feels like there is nothing we can do to stop that.

[X] [Hayana] So be it.
[X] [JEF] Take Resources
[X] [KAJI] Yes, but he'll have to understand - if you're not happy, no one's happy. And you'll know.
-[X] [KAJI] Do nothing to interfere with how this battle has otherwise played out. And do nothing to poke your nose where it shouldn't be either (related to Mithril, Ravens Nest, the DeNaan and Angel in general). Wouldn't want to risk a repeat of this conversation, would you?
Duo's gotta take an L to grow and as far as me and duo are concerned, Duo hasn't lost 😤
What.

How is failing in stopping the Psychopath early from callously killing more people in the Colon-
As long as Duo can tell himself the Sinanju Stein was that much better and that the Deathscythe was just a bad matchup, he's not going to accept that he lost, and it's him, not the Deathscythe, that has to change.

Basically I think he probably needs his ass beat again before he gets the message.
What.
Balanced-ish - there's still guys outside your weight class but you'll get pilots who can punch up.
In what way?

Because at this point our Pilots are in Turn 6 and have 0 progress of improvements even after fighting multiple Boss Battles.

All of them were by the skin of our teeth to win.
Mastema will be handled next update - I intend to do something a bit funny with them haha…
-__-

As I read more as I catch the more this expression hits.
Having read the update now I'm going to point out something fairly obvious given the various indicators at play.

SEELE will be desperate if Adam is damaged or sabotaged, and will move heaven and earth to replace it. So will Gendo.

Additionally, based on how Pete ran the quest and how hygp appears to have not really done any substantial changes to the background elements that are ran on Pete's own preferences...

Shutting Kaji out is a very blatant trap that I warn you all against taking if you desire to digest the technological gains from this. Or at least desire a chance for you to get your collective heads above water.

I want to emphasize this.

Shutting Kaji out is a trap when the death looper Geass is still very much in play and can sabotage you because her Geass costs her nothing to use against you. And will now have active motivation to do so.

Pick something you can feasibly get and want - like preserving the circumstances of this Angel fight and a pittance - and then leave things at that.

Ugh, fuck it. Here.

Now Kaji wont try to cheat and investigate DANA and Mithril, preserving Mithrils most important asset:

Its enemies ignorance. It's a low level ask and all it requires is Kaji keep his hands to himself without knowing what exactly lead to Adam getting REVERSED

If you guys choose not to use it, then fine. Just remember that i warned you and provided a potential out.
So not only is SEELE having a pocket Return By Death Geass User.

This Basically gives them a Horrific information Control of 6 Hours that they can Dominate and Save Scum to achieve their wanted Goals.

.... Holy Fuck. Our Bumbling into playing Obscurity actually saved our bacon from being roasted of getting whacked.

Every Going Loud option was a Nuke by Pete.

Killing Claw was a Speed Dial to killing Thot Queen and there is no way we'd even fucking know of Geass fuckery because it's literally Killing themselves in the Future to let them gain the Advantage on the Past.
codegeass.fandom.com

Shamna

Shamna (シャムナ, Shamuna) is the main antagonist of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection. Shamna is the Queen and Holy Priestess of Zilkhstan, and the older sister of Shalio. Shamna is a relatively tall woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a fairly average yet curvy body and has...
This Chick btw.

And only CC was able to pick up on her Bull. And they had Lelouch to pick up the slack just to cut her off.

This is her limited by the Resources of a dingy desert region. Now think of SEELE backing. Its actual Nonsense if the Mobile Doll was online at this point for them.

It's insane how bullshit it is to kill any member of SEELE since their protected by a 6 Hour RBD and any Operations involved with them they want to stick to their Script with RBD.
Though yeah, the more I think about it, Interface is more appropriate for the Purge Corruption action. Raising Spirit is still very important for Corruption resistance, so it will be a more durable option - however, I'll leave purging corruption on Interface.
Dude the players had to point this out to you.

You literally before this. Gave us an even worse Gacha System than the one we had.
Well first, I can tell you that while it'll be overacted as hell, you'll always have the choice to save your pilots-I won't set up this game to straight screw you on that.
It's not an Overreaction.

It's literally a Dice Roll to survive. That was the Former system we were running on.

And this is not even counting how our Mechs will be destroyed. So that's already a heavy money sink.
To the broader philosophical point -
Yeah, it's a huge rush to have winning more systems - so long as you win. But that's not where this game is headed.

The glory of the winners is easily comprehended.

However, I want to bring out the glory of the losers.
You mean the Dead who will never be able to write History.

And Those same Winners can write whatever they want for the Future.

Hey what I'm confused about is that we know spy man is talking to the reset queen from code geass, and he's already told her to turn back the clock. It feels like there is nothing we can do to stop that.
ZERO blocked the last two messages from going through, so shamna found out Kaji decided to text her but not why. That's why there's a negotiation here.

As for the other debate:

Bluntly, we can go round and round on this predebate on whether the game is winnable or if it's a guaranteed loss. We can go round on round on whether every single mechanic is going to work before it's implemented.

But it's also clear that the fundamental problem is that much of the criticism is founded on the basic disbelief that a win for Raven's Nest is possible and lasting in this setting under this game philosophy and under the new QM.

It's clear that I've been making too many statements that don't answer that concern properly, so by this point:

I won't be able to convince you just by talking, and you won't have your fears settled just by my talking either. I don't want to spend the rest of today typing on SRW0 either, so let's just throw this out:

You can eliminate SEELE 02 turn 7 fairly straightforwardly. You can eliminate SEELE 07 turn 8 or 9 fairly straightforwardly. Speedblitzing them will not even put you in a bad position - it will put you in a good to great position, provided you understand what about your own position is special.

[X] [Hayana] You do your best, and I'll do mine.
[X] [JEF] Take Resources

But it's also clear that the fundamental problem is that much of the criticism is founded on the basic disbelief that a win for Raven's Nest is possible and lasting in this setting under this game philosophy and under the new QM.

It's clear that I've been making too many statements that don't answer that concern properly, so by this point:

I won't be able to convince you just by talking, and you won't have your fears settled just by my talking either. I don't want to spend the rest of today typing on SRW0 either, so let's just throw this out:

You can eliminate SEELE 02 turn 7 fairly straightforwardly. You can eliminate SEELE 07 turn 8 or 9 fairly straightforwardly. Speedblitzing them will not even put you in a bad position - it will put you in a good to great position, provided you understand what about your own position is special.
It's pretty clear here, you don't understand what caused the Player Revolt that killed this in the first place, as by all your current answers, you've fully inherited the mindset from Pete that killed this.

This was advertised as a SRW Quest. SRW is about a bunch of Shonen series working together to overcome their greatest challenges, things will be hard yes, but the Indomitable Human Spirit of the Pilots will always be enough to see them to ultimate victory.

This Glory of the Losers shit? This is massaging to tell us we will continuously lose shit unless we decide to be the greater monster. An act which we consistently refused because, guess what? We still try to adhere to the Themes of SRW. Pete Tried to force Grim Dark after Grim Dark into such a setting, and the Themes caused so much Disonance with the Player Base that combined with the Blatant Rigging, which people actively ignored for quite some time until it became obvious what Pete's end goal was.

I'll change my vote to Chron's plan, as I don't really like Code Geass so didn't grasp the implication here, but just WOW. Pete Really fucking stacked the Deck against us here, and you're still giving SEELE that kind of Ace that literally makes our victories meaningless by having a timelooper that can just undo shit with the largest intelligence network ever. Fucking really.

it will put you in a good to great position, provided you understand what about your own position is special.
...*sigh*

Don't play cute with that kind of phrasing when you're doing a poor job of exaggerating the trait from the World of C connection and its value as it relates to stuff like the Return By Death Geass.

If you don't have the energy to say we're wrong to suspect you as we were right to suspect Pete, then don't bother with the deliberately vague deflections. Those who want to endure whatever stacked deck you inherited from pete will do so regardless, and they aren't going to be inclined to care towards your sincerity (or lack thereof) one way or another.

I tried to be polite about it, but if you're going to call me out then that's a game that I can play too.

.... It truly is amazing how Hygp is trying to downplay an RBD Geass User when it took Lelouch & CC just to be able to react and counter play her.

Which to make it even possible to win was CC actually noticing it.

In any other scenario? It is 99% of the time is needing to be aware of her 6 Hour Rig being in Play. Which we we have no way to.

And SEELE having her in their Pocket. With their deep Funding & Information Network.

It's genuinely an Oppressive Combo.

Since she's batshit enough to be putting an on demand Bomb Collar. To guarantee at least an answer in that 6 Hour Window or make it so the 'Winners' against SEELE Interests would get a pyrrhic victory.

Like it would be impossible to know. Since our own Anti Geass measure are tape Recordings. And you can't record a Recton of someone killing themselves and going back to the Past.

The only hope is coping that Zero's connection to World of C means we'll get deja vu like CC did but even then there's not much we can do to counter that since like rewind power is BS even if you know about it. Like in SRW 30 when you face her with her shitty desert kingdom only she forces you to play the same map like 3 times with each time having more enemies and getting more beat up since she was doing counters to you. Like she faced a legit basically complete SRW squad and put up a fight with way less resources than she'll have in this.

She can legit be her own faction just off her ability + her nation being the haven for mercenaries and iirc Adam worship here. Her being part of SEELE while making sense IC (since no way would SEELE not recruit her) is kind of unfair from an OOC perspective since the fear of having any of our victories undone since with SEELE help Shamala can basically interfere with anything closer than Jupiter. It's just paranoia spiral causer even if you might have plans or abilities that will allow us to get around it cause we the player don't know those work arounds for all they may seem obvious to you as QM.

I'm just grateful that this quest is receiving any kind of revival, but given how some people are responding to hints, I'll just say this much...

Please @hYGP don't fall into the same pitfalls that caused the thread to revolt last time. That's all I'm asking. Too many quests stop for no apparent reason on this site, even fewer get a revival, and I don't want this quest to die again because difficulty ramped up too quickly.

How exactly is Kaji suposed to hold his part of the bargain?

Becasue what we are bargaining about, is to let him use his phone.

Which he will use to tell Queen Shamna to turn back the clock six hours.

So how is anyone of us even going to be able to to remember our bargain if our discussion will be retconned?

Or am i missing something?

Also is Queen Shamna limited to six hours total, or can she kill herself directly after turning back the clock to travel even further back in time?

Last edited:
Also is Queen Shamna limited to six hours total, or can she kill herself directly after turning back the clock to travel even further back in time?
She shouldn't be able to otherwise she would be literally unbeatable cause even Lelouch's big brain can't stop a what's practically a time traveler who could probably go back to the start of CG and blow him and his school up easily.

Right, there is one thing that I can answer now that I have time and energy to type things up on a proper keyboard instead of phoneposting between roller coaster rides.

One of the big twists coming down the pipe in the next update, BROKEN MIRROR, and the reason that I'm confident you can eliminate SEELE 02 and 07, is this:

Leonard Testarossa is the underboss of AMALGAM, the Whispered among Whispered. He is also understudy and gofer of the sixth Watcher of SEELE.

Leonard Testarossa despises this DISTORTED world. Right now, he knows the name, faces, and claims to fame of the greatest DISTORTIONS in the world:
The Council of SEELE.

He wants them gone.

To that end, he has a gift and a request. His gift is the NAMES and POWERS of the watchers - and the request is simple.

Meet him sometime before the UC NEXT to coordinate the "defensive" plan for Zilkhistan, PMC to PMC.

(There is more to the story, but please understand that this post is already 500 words, and if I have to spend another 1000-2000 words explaining Testarossa's deal I'd rather just write his scene with Wang Liu Mei for BROKEN MIRROR)
How exactly is Kaji suposed to hold his part of the bargain?

Becasue what we are bargaining about, is to let him use his phone.

Which he will use to tell Queen Shamna to turn back the clock six hours.

So how is anyone of us even going to be able to to remember our bargain if our discussion will be retconned?

Or am i missing something?

You have no guarantee to SEELE's honesty and you know it. However, you can shake him down for the information that giving him text-access back is time sensitive in a matter of hours rather than minutes, which means you can end up controlling a fair bit of the result that way.

No matter how clever Queen Shamna and Kaji get, so long as you don't immediately release the conversation over to Queen Shamna you have a fair bit of control over what Queen Shamna can tell the DAGIEL RE//START: 1 timeline.

If you release the text immediately you have no way to stop Queen Shamna from just ordering the Knights of the Round in the new timeline to gang up and immediately blow up the Yamato at said coordinates, without giving even a scrap to Raven's Nest.
If you, say, release the text messages about 5 hours after the battle ends, Queen Shamna will need about 10-30 minutes in this timeline to confirm the results before she kills herself to send the information back in time - with 30 minutes to affect the result of the Yamato battle, all meaningful reinforcements aside from the forces already available entire oceans away. This is your main method of assuring Kaji's honesty - and Kaji, despite it all, is at least someone of a smart cookie. He knows you won't allow him to send back any information if he can't make you happy, so he'll actually try to volunteer some of his skills to make sure you have reassurance you'll get your cut.

In universe, to the best of, say, Leonard Testarossa's knowledge, Queen Shamna is limited to somewhere between 4 and 8 hours total. She's quite paranoid about the other SEELE members and she never liked disclosing details, let alone details as important as how much time she can rewind. She doesn't seem to be able to "chain" information jumping back, but she does receive information from multiple timelines...almost in order of timeline passage.

Related to the above bit I just typed up, if you do pressure Shamna into using her Geass, Leonard Testarossa will also immediately start gunning for her head. After all, this is one of his best opportunities, and Leonard Testarossa doesn't like ignoring opportunities this good.

So Essentially, the only way to actually keep our accomplishment here is to Metagame and completely redo the vote to specifically state an amount of time we're keeping his texts from going out.

Fun.

So Essentially, the only way to actually keep our accomplishment here is to Metagame and completely redo the vote to specifically state an amount of time we're keeping his texts from going out.

Fun.
No, because I'll interpret your vote generously in this specific case (covering my ass, good chance of happening again in future). You can assume that so long as it's in my power to see how ZERO and Kaji could cooperate to achieve that outcome, the vote is valid.

In this specific case, what would happen is that "You'll do nothing to interfere with the course of this battle" will probably be interpreted as "so as long as the information doesn't interfere with the course of the battle, it's acceptable?" "yes", "why don't you let the message go through? We're on the same side here" - "nah, I'm in no rush, and you don't seem to be either. How long is it until you get nervous, huh?"

wait four hours

and then the result is basically "DAGIEL battle speedrun where you put Hayana on escort duty for Kaji at extortionate prices, other parts of the ship might get wrecked as the Knights of the Round go for blood immediately".

No need to change your vote if you've already vote.

Well that is better, but even that still winds up invalidating a lot of what we just got.

We're absolutely not going to be getting all the Tech we would right now as either the Knights will damage portions of it or lay claim to choice bits.

Extracting Analyzer and Mori also becomes a much more dicey prospect.

Further, it potentially Invalidates the JEF and Smug Cat votes. If Hayana is guarding Kaji, is she necessarily going to go in the Coma? Does she Exfiltrate early on? For the JEF how much of the Hull is going to be left Intact if The Rounds are coming for Blood? Significantly less than current is a safe bet.

I'm sorry to tell you this hYGP, but as you're inheriting a thread that ended on a very Sour Note, you aren't starting with a Blank Slate. You're starting with damged trust, at best.

Hm…. So the currently winning vote would have us block for a few hours until he gets desperate(maybe try to steal some intel from him, don't know) and then reset without much time to do things.

If the knights show up will they be expecting a share of the loot because other than our cat girl getting knocked out we made out like absolute bandits. I would rather not risk losing all the tech we managed to salvage. Still if it's the only real good option here( something tells me if we don't let them get that specimen back, they are gonna be pissed) I can accept it. Still we need this bitch dead because I'm not dealing with her bullshit again.

I'm enjoying your update and I'm glad to see the quest back, this time travel nonsense is just kinda annoying for me. Can't be an easy way to start a restart. Hopefully things will be better once we get to the next turn vote

Last edited:
Well that is better, but even that still winds up invalidating a lot of what we just got.

We're absolutely not going to be getting all the Tech we would right now as either the Knights will damage portions of it or lay claim to choice bits.

Extracting Analyzer and Mori also becomes a much more dicey prospect.

Further, it potentially Invalidates the JEF and Smug Cat votes. If Hayana is guarding Kaji, is she necessarily going to go in the Coma? Does she Exfiltrate early on? For the JEF how much of the Hull is going to be left Intact if The Rounds are coming for Blood? Significantly less than current is a safe bet.
Correct. That's why there's a decision here.

Do you make SEELE extremely displeased with the blocker, or do you gamble on a future past where you are not the time traveler?

Which do you choose?
(For the record, Kaji does not actually know who is blocking his message. A successful ENGAGE check might even convince him it's the Angel that's blocking his message.)
I'm sorry to tell you this hYGP, but as you're inheriting a thread that ended on a very Sour Note, you aren't starting with a Blank Slate. You're starting with damged trust, at best.
I'm aware. I'm plenty aware that trust has been badly damaged here, so I thank you for continuing to engage with it.

If you ask me, I believe trust is so badly damaged that I don't expect words, replies, or assurances to change anyone's mind.
I expect that "updates that prove my SRW Zero Delta is different from pete's SRW Zero" will be the only thing that can restore trust.

Okay, that sound really hilarious.
The thread arent even voting for basic opsec on a hypothetical second go around. They're voting to deliberately corner Kaji outright and remove any deniability from being an option for ZERO at all.

Are we even being allowed the option to kill Kaji and blame it on the Angel? No. Either way you choose, hes walking away from this encounter.

The fact that hgyps even phrasing this galaxy brained scheme as if it's on the table in the first place is the biggest load of garbage I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:
So basically everyone's Fears that is infromed of the Return By Death[RBD] time looper is validated.

And the only reason we could have known this Nuke before hand.

Was because we had a Seasoned SRW & Deep knowledge of Mecha Shows player reading the update and is willing to point it out to us all.

As without that.

We'd basically be blindly grasping options of no context of a RBD user hooked up to also the Don't Notice Me Spy.

At a point where we're continuing off on a Sour note by the previous QM.

I recently only woke up by an hour back. But wow. I am just. Should I be surprised at this point?

Back