Star Wars a Republic in distress

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

The aftermath of the Naboo blockade has seen the rise of strained relations between the Inner...

CommanderBlade

Blade Commander
The aftermath of the Naboo blockade has seen the rise of strained relations between the Inner Core and the Outer Rim. With systems choosing to withdraw from the Republic and join the CIS a call for War has been made. With the Chancellor now calling for the Formation of a Grand Army of the Republic. This has many preparing for war.

Hello well first things first let's get the players here. Standard three claims system.

Plan Formats
Commanders:
Notable People Present:
Forces:
Goal:
Tactics

Turn Format
Faction Name:
Main Base/Capital:
Other Bases:
Leader:
Heir:
Economy:
Military: Advantages, Disadvantages etc. Most of you get the one fleet. This is the niggly details.
Etc.

I borrowed this format fron @Dovahsith

The Republic (Really Needed"
Trade Federation(Really Needed)
CIS (Really Needed)
Banking Clans(needed)

Minor ones
Kuat
Kashyyyk
Transdosha
Geonosis
Mon Cala
Bounty hunter guild
Hutt Cartel
Naboo
Note there are plenty more out that are not listed

Last edited:
The aftermath of the Naboo blockade has seen the rise of strained relations between the Inner Core and the Outer Rim. With systems choosing to withdraw from the Republic and join the CIS a call for War has been made. With the Chancellor now calling for the Formation of a Grand Army of the Republic. This has many preparing for war.

Hello well first things first let's get the players here. Standard three claims system.​
What happened to Republic at War?

Well that sort of faded. Also I realized my whole system was tedious and damn bad due to the number crunching and also because it gave a huge advantage to the person playing as the Republic.

1. Chiss Ascendancy
2. Zonama Sekot
3. Jedi Order

[:V] Sith

Last edited:
I've always been interested in a Star Wars NG, but I've never seen one work successfully...

I've mostly played ASOIAF related NGs, and the thing we have learned over many years of trial and error is that certain game mechanics need to be in place. I think that's something that has been absent in many Star Wars games in the past...I mean because of the story itself, you're able to get things like a little kid destroying an entire Droid Command Ship or various other things that make for a great plot, but a terribly unbalanced game.

One problem I can see is that there's still a massive conspiracy going on at the moment with the current Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. How does that factor into the game?

We also know very little about the details of the Galaxy...we see Star Wars from the perspective of a handful of people so we hardly ever get the bigger picture. Star Wars has always been a story of individuals rather than the greater geopolitical situation, which is required for a successful NG.

Well the way that works into the game mechanics is that the player who chooses to play as the Republic gets access to Kamino, now if they choose to do so they can try to influence the CIS but the player of that faction can mess everything up.

Also one mechanic I have developed in regard to the bullshit Jedi is that they will stay out of the conflict until it reaches their doorstep.

The Jedi would still try to play peacekeeper and diplomat though.

Next question: Is Thrawn exiled at this time or still working with the Chiss? I wonder how to do justice to his abilities...

I was talking about how dead the thread seemed. Although I have used the time to go over the combat systems. When it comes to droids vs Clones. There are more droids then clones but Clones are better fighters.

Back