STAR REACH

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

STAR REACH
IC Thread

It is the turn of the 31st century. Advances in technology have allowed...
E.Casey's Twilight Company
Twilight Company

Aryn Vhossar
Specialty: Tactician

Biography: Aryn Vhossar grew up in a war ravaged town and as a child she watched as people suffered and died from gangs, soldiers, militias you name it. Like most children she grew accustomed to the violence. Her parents taught her how to defend herself and enrolled her at a martial arts school for several years. She watched as resistance was attempted, but always crushed. Some muscle head who thought he could punch his way out of any situation, just confront those who tried to rob him. It always ended with a bullet in his head. No she learned that the mind was the real way to defeat an opponent, especially one well armed and armored. Vital strikes were the key to defeating your opponent.

One night she decided to test her theory and put her training to the test. She found the captain of a local militia, a brute of a man and twice her size, at a bar. He had only just started drinking so he would be easily goaded. She initially flirted with him but suddenly rebuffed his advances. He started to stand up but before he could she delivered a quick strike to his throat and knee. The man collapsed to the ground and drowned in his own blood.

She took that lesson to heart and after getting an education decided to found a PMC that would operate on the same principle. Quick, debilitating strikes. Why trade blow for blow when you could simply shoot an enemy in the head. Twilight Company operates on that principle, quick and clean, the people say before each operation. It saves her people's lives and delivers maximum damage to their targets. It doesn't matter who you are, all Aryn cares about is if you can do the job and you have the capability to perform. There was one rule though, you listen to Aryn Vhossar. That thing about experience, you work for Twilight Company now, not the army, not the navy, not some militia, you work for Twilight Company, you take the skills that are important, the others you leave behind or you won't last long.

Last edited:
Faust's Honsuseongin Sec Inc

HONSUSEONGIN SECURITIES, INC.
"Because WE Care!"

Cass Ji-U| Female| Thirty-one| Family-friendly Negotiator
Bio:

Bainard's Star, for all its purported importance, could never hold a candle to Alpha Centauri or Sol. In the eyes of humanity, there were a distant third, only above agitational Alpha Shimae and hellish Helix Nova. Perhaps such a phenomenon, that of the middle-child syndrome, can explain the often foolhardy ambitions of its inhabitants: a desperate cry for attention and praise. Cass Ji-U was no stranger to this feeling. Despite being the heiress of middling bankers, the corporate lifestyle did not suit her -- or, at least, being a subsidiary to another. It was the ancient realm of PMCs that captured her heart; segregated from its suffering a mercenary's life was romantic. Fight for who you want and be showered in gold and glory. Pooling together her family wealth and outside investment, Honsuseongin Securities became a reality. Distinguished by its "cute" image, the company subsided on low-level guard duties and threat analysis. At the turn of the 31st century, Ji-U intends to expand H.S. to greater heights.

Awetduck's Guardian Angels
Guardian Angel

Leader: Dr.Erin Bartholomew

Dr. Bartholomew was the chief surgeon aboard the Honorus of Autun, one of six hospital ships on a mercy mission to the outer colonies. "Republican Troops" attempted to seize the ships during a field hospital mission after a terrorist attack on corporate assets. Bartholomew rallied the survivors to the Autun before the surviving officers in the rest of the fleet triggered safety implosions on their vessels. The loss of five ships crippled their parent institution and the survivors rebranded as the Guardian Angels. Normally Bartholomew heads the surgical team on the Asclepius or remains aboard the Autun to run its 40 bed hospital but her preference is to join extraction teams as a field medic.

Specialty: GA specializes in rescue and extraction missions and their ship "Honorus of Autun" sacrifices most of its combat package to house a field hospital.

The Squads:

GA's squads deploy in fire teams of 5 with one extraction/medical team and one fire support/assault team.

King5000's C&S Sec Solutions
I was a big fan of the original run over on paradox, excited to be in this new go.

C&S Security Solutions, Inc.

Specialty: Iron Discipline
C&S Security Solutions, Inc. was founded roughly ten years ago in a merger between the Crimson Defense Initiative and the Silver Shields Mercenary Company, two PMCs that had been formed almost a century ago by groups of former marines put out of business by the Private Military and Prison Act. Led by Urien DeGarmo, former Captain-General of the Silver Shields, C&S has earned itself a reputation for being highly professional and effective. This has been attributed to the discipline Urien has trained into his people, with both veterans of the old companies and fresh recruits undergoing brutal drills and exercises whenever not on contract in order to keep them sharp. This discipline has kept Urien's people alive throughout the years, allowing them to advance under fire or fall back from desperate odds in good fashion. Urien often commands his people from the front, donning the same armor and weapons as his men and women, and showcasing the same discipline that he instills in them.

Dramatis Personae:

Commander Urien DeGarmo

Captain Aleksandra Kristov

Last edited:
Maelvona's Lazarus Combine

LAZARUS COMBINE

Resur-(a)gent Adrienne Katovich: "Kato"

Specialty: (Un)dying Loyalty
Biography: When a Senator's entire office and backstaff were raided for nebulous 'corruption' charges,(in actuality the man was too clean. Always paying his taxes and donating to charity, he was a target if you had ever seen one) the downfall of Lazarus began. It was a secret operation undertaken to prolong a human's biological expiration date to the infinity. After their discovery, a high profile court case proceeded the eviction and execution of several officers within the Directorate. The Lazarus Venture, a wide-sweeping organization that wished through any means to further humanity, was cracked down upon. It was deemed to alter the genome was 'inhuman', at the time. The rise of cybernetic and electronic alterations swept any hope of the Lazarus being keen to the public's eyes. Long since swept away, few even regard them with another breath, for all records have long since been redacted, with various cells either turning traitor or simply becoming defunct along the way. Though there is one still standing, led by Resurgent 'Kato', one of the only live test subjects to have survived her initial trials. While she's powered by half a living brain, plugged in to over a dozen life-cycle processes, and barely remembers Tuesday much less a century ago, she seeks the MotherBoard. A mythical computer that is said to hold all of the Combine's old research, enough knowledge to restore her to her old state. Kato works for whoever is still loyal to the Combine, though few can recall who they even are, or whoever can pay for last night's meal. She runs an 'able' crew of droidekas and zoned out agents, half-alive or not, she'll find what she's looking for.

Last edited:
Terra's Moebius Company

Möebius

Leader: Damion Strickland

Specialty: Stealth

Bio:

Known as the "Red Viper", Strickland had grown up in a long forgotten colony known as "Emperor's Folly" in Alpha Centuri. Far from well off, Damion was a street urchin earning his keep through thievery and other methods that even his closest confidants are not aware of. Abandoned at a young age, Strickland discovered his family inheritance almost two decades later, a will with a sizable fortune to his name. Despite discovering his roots, he took his newly found wealth and left behind his home for parts unknown. For several years he became a ghost, silent to everyone who knew him until he re-emerged at the head of a company simply known as Moebius. Known to frequent Antiga Prime, those who knew him have noticed Strickland has undergone a noticeable change. He is no longer the man he once was. While he offers a charming personality, beneath the warm smile is actually a cold, cold man who values loyalty and fear above all else.​

Romulus' Tripyre Ltd

Tripyre LTD.

For all of your private naval security needs
Professional. Reliable. A Permanent Solution.

Leader: Astoria Harkone

Speciality: Friends in the Directorate Security Forces​

Bio:
Astoria shuffled a few datapads around her desk, as best she could considering the messy state of it anyway. She sighed as she brought her attention back to the multitude of reports and paperwork she still needed to read and/or sign off on on her console. A glance to her left had her eyes land on a picture of herself when she was younger with a few of her friends from childhood, before she joined up with the Directorate Security Forces.

"Catch me if you can Daniel!" she yelled over her shoulder as she raced across rooftops and jumped over, rolled over, and slid under obstacles in her path. A quick look behind her showed Daniel, an auburn haired boy her age doggedly running at her heels a few meters back. Looking forward again she turned just in time to see the big gap between this building and the next - had to be at least 5 meters she later thought - and her heart hammered in her chest as she soared freely in the air; arms wheeling and her legs stretched as far as they could go to reach the next rooftop. A second later her front foot made contact and she immediately dove into a forward roll to bleed off her momentum and took a few steps forward. Turning around she was just in time to see Daniel doing same thing she did and as he came up they high fived each other. The massive grin on her face must've been contagious if the grin on his face was any indicator.

Man... those were the good old days... Where she was just living one day to the next at the orphanage with the rest of the crew. In the morning she would get the rest of the kids up in time for whatever breakfast they and the caretakers - bless their souls - could scrounge up and got ready for school. Afternoon and evenings though, she and her friends would go running over rooftops and doing daring-dos and causing some mild havoc in town. She didn't realize at the time why the old matron of the orphanage pushed the kids so hard to go to school, but at least now she knew it payed off. Considering how it got her into the DSF and got her to fly fighters, well, she'll never complain about working hard again.

"Cub 11, Home Plate. Contact, 2 Bogeys. Grid 7-3-4 by 3-3-1 by 9-5-4, how copy?"

"Home Plate, Cub 11. Wilco. Bogeys on sensors, moving to engage. Out." my element lead, another trainee pilot, replied back to the ATC for the exercise. "12, on my wing. How Copy?"

"Two," I moved the stick in my right hand and gently pulled left to stay on his wing as he rolled left then dived and punched the throttle. Hell. Yes. This is the shit I signed up for baby! With a deft twist of my wrist I rolled my fighter to match, pushed the stick forwards, and punched my throttle with my left arm, the accel slamming me into my seat but I couldn't give a shit as my heart was starting that addicting beat in my chest and a manic grin pulled at my lips.

I followed his lead and we hit an asteroid field a few minutes later. I dived under an asteroid in front of me when my passives finally found the hostile contacts some hundred kilometers away burning hard in our direction, "Break break! Bogeys two o'clock high. One zero zero klicks."

"Wilco 11. Weapons hot, go active," and with that the exercise was officially on.

That was the first time I went out for combat, simulated combat sure, but still technically combat. We eventually won that one too, the other team was too aggressive and got baited and separated. Reminds me of my first official engagement though as an actual fighter pilot and not a trainee.

"Angel Flight, Lighthouse. Contacts grid 7-7-7 by 8-4-1 by 9-0-5. Your flight is ordered to intercept, how copy?"

"Lighthouse, Angel Actual. Affirmative, moving to intercept. Out. Angels, form up on me."

"Angel 2, I read you," I replied back as I formed up a bit behind his right wing.

"Angel 3 copies."

"Angel 4, Roger."

We formed up on our flight lead and we boosted over to where our mothership picked up the contacts, somewhere about a thousand kilometers away from our position. Still, we were the closest DSF unit so we got picked to go poke the hornet's nest. We stopped boosting once we were about a hundred klicks out and our passive sensors picked up the contacts, a flight of pirate fighters. No idea where the hell they came from but we've been picking up pings for days in this area.

"Unknown fighters, this is Angel Flight from the DSF Moreno, identify yourself or you will be fired upon."

"Go fuck yourself corpo!"

Well that was blunt, and with the squelch and static their end of the channel closed and considering how they're burning hard towards us its obvious that they're hostile, "Angel Flight, form up by element and engage!"

'''Roger!'''

Our flight split and I followed Angel Actual's lead. I pressed my weapon's safeties off and we burned hard towards them. Our sensors turned active and I immediately had tone, "Angel 2 I got tone! Fox one fox one!!"

Two of my missiles dropped from my fuselage and ignited their thrusters and sped towards the fighter I was targeting. The pirate jets instantly scattered but my two missiles followed their target, doggedly staying in its heels even as it jinked and dived before it finally shot chaff and flares. This time one of the missiles went after one of the flares and exploded, leaving the second missile to keep on going. I followed after him, finger primed to fire off another missile or two when Angel 1 screamed in my ear, "Angel 2 you have a bogey on your tail! Missile missile dive!"

I instantly threw my fighter into a dive, looking up out of the canopy I saw the missile on my six fly right over my thruster nozzle a scant few meters off. My HUD put that bogey as Target 1, shit. I have their leader on my tail and he's a bare kilometer behind me. I pulled out of my dive and banked right, my active sensors pinging him following right behind me and the fighter I was following beforehand, Target 2, being chased off by Angel 1. Damn I was alone on this one. I pulled back hard on my stick and prayed that Target 1 would stick on my tail. I tapped on my other thrusters with my feet and cut my main engine and flipped a full 180 degrees and there he was a few hundred meters in front of my nose, "Guns guns guns!"

I smashed the button for my lasers and his fuselage burned, his fighter tumbling off into the distance before exploding; guess I hit something important, "Splash one!"

Pulling out of my spin I gunned my engines and tried to find my lead and found him still going after Target 2, though the latter was trailing gas. I punched my throttle and boosted after the duo but by the time I caught up Target 2 had been splashed by a missile from Angel 1, "Good shooting Angel 2. From up on me and we'll get the rest."

"Affirm Angel 1, on your wing."

They threw me a party, kinda, sorta, after that considering that was my first kill and I was the rookie in the unit. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but camera footage of my cockpit had my face nearly split in half by a grin it was so wide; and that was how I got my callsign Smiles. My time in the DSF was... pretty good actually. Turns out being a fighter jockey got you laid whenever you're in port. Must be something about us being able to play our fighters like our fingers. Heh.

Still. It was probably a bad idea for me to screw one of the DSF's admiral's daughter, but hey she came onto me first! But I got caught when I was sneaking out and I booked it out of there. The rest of that tour was... pretty tense for me and I resigned my commission and got an honorable discharge out of it. A pretty nice nest egg too if I do say so myself. Got plenty of bounties over the years and I never did use too much of my money, preferring to send most of it back home to the orphanage.

I tried to go back to civilian life, I really did. I went back to the orphanage, got a place and a job nearby and helped them out whenever I could. Sometimes I went out onto the dating scene but no one ever really caught my fancy. From time to time one of my old buddies from my DSF days would come by and we'd get a drink or six, but I was always yearning to get back out there. To get back in a fighter seat and fly out in the black again.

A few years after I mustered out one of my old buddies from my old unit came by and dropped the news that a lot of our old unit was leaving the service for some reason or other and he was whining about how he was thinking about going mercenary but couldn't find a good one to sign up with. And it hit me. Why don't I make one?

With a core made up of my old unit, we could pool together enough money to buy something nice to start out with and with the sign up bonus of 2 BC and considering lots of the people I used to know are now higher up in the command chain... well its an idea worth thinking about. Fast forward a few months later and TRIPYRE LTD. was born with me at the head.

I snapped out of my day dream when the door to my office opened up, "Smiles, here's the contracts available right now."

I gave Rook a quick smile, "Thanks Rook, any good ones?"

He shrugged, "Any contract's a good one and you're the boss. I'm up for whatever."

I hummed a bit as I scrolled the datapad at the three open contracts, "Lets go for this one..."

Last edited:
Oxford's Clear Canopy

CLEAR CANOPY, INC.
Secure Success.

Clear Canopy, Inc., is a private security company that provides security services to government agencies, corporations and non-governmental organizations. The firm was officially founded almost four years ago, but before then had operated for more than a decade as a for-hire service used by criminal organizations to carry out targeted assassinations, resolve private conflicts, and locate, retrieve or smuggle items between them. Its membership ranges from former special forces operatives, intelligence officers, and law enforcement personnel to cyber-criminals, assassins, and thieves. The common denominators between them are a generally amoral character,and an inability (or unwillingness) to choose a more respectable profession.

Clear Canopy was originally incorporated in the Sol system but currently maintains its headquarters on Armstrong, where it hopes to grow in size without attracting too much scrutiny.

The company was founded by its current leader, a former soldier who went AWOL and now goes by the alias of 'Markus Finch'. A skilled tactician, Finch tends to avoid direct fighting and prefers to give orders, formulate cunning stratagems, and negotiate contracts with clients. However, Finch is fully capable of combat should the need arise. He typically projects a calm, pragmatic and easy-going demeanor, but is also prone to outbursts of cold fury from time to time. He has been diagnosed with a mild form of PTSD by several doctors.

Last edited:
RedDragon's The Silenced

[The Silenced]
[Juan Dietrichson]
Specialty: Stormtroopers

Biography:
Under the light of a dying star, there lies a graveyard, where the condemned are judged by the Directorate and sent to die to the sounds of alien shrieks. An unending war of extermination is waged, as transports from every part of the Directorate come with more unwilling conscripts to hold the constantly shifting lines. They call it Helix Nova, where the shipping lanes are secured with a blood price of the guilty and the innocent. It is unsurprising that the Directorate used this system to make sure that those who they wish to see disappear are sent, where they stamp out the embers of rebellion in the colonies by sending political prisoners and to be slaughtered.

This was where Juan Dietrichson spent his sentence for smuggling on his homeworld of Alpha Shimae, being one of the many prisoners sent to Helix Nova. There he was assigned to an extermination team for the Directorate Prison Fleet, where all weapons formerly deemed forbidden for war against humans were used ruthlessly to purge arachnid presence. Without any laws concerning the conduct of war, and the Directorate's generous willingness to spend lives, he was forced to participate in suicidal assaults on the surface until his sentence was finished.

The Silenced were formed by a core of survivors from the Directorate Prison Fleet, where they were sent again and again to purge arachnid nests and break or be broken against the waves that were sent against them. They are unbreakable even in the face of near devastating casualties, advancing through fire and into breaking the enemy. Defensive positions are shattered by explosives, flamethrowers and gas, with the corpses of those defending them being crushed by the machine created on Helix Nova.

T.Imperium's Blue Company

[The Blue Company]

[Karina Rianara]
Specialty: Elite Forces

Biography:
When one speaks about the Blues, Karina is often mentioned in the same breath as its commander. Karina doesn't particularly stand out, she's what you would expect out of a mercenary leader, money is her first imperative but her soldiers' lives up that. How would she gain money if she started killing off her men in suicide assignments? While she does look out for her men, she is still ruthless and wouldn't really hesitate shooting down someone stepping on her toes. One thing that does stand out but only to the people that know her is that she never really does leave her armor, leaving one to guess what she looks like, a rather big question that runs around the Company's soldiers. Karina, in fact, does take it off but only in private and it served her well in hiding her identity from authorities in some nasty cases or some criminal organizations looking for trouble. She wishes to keep her family safe, after all, this job can feed them and let them have comfortable lives.

The Blue Company itself is known as an elite force, they are fewer in numbers compared to the average for other mercenary bands but that outweighs in that everyone is a seasoned veteran. The Blues often act like special forces or commandos rather than an army and the ones who come hiring their services are often aware of that. The Blue Company can directly participate in a battlefield, that is not something they cannot do but they would expect support from their contractor in the form of an army. The Blues are capable of being the deal-breaker in such battles and turn the tide to their side.

Back