So about RWBY?

The RWBY general thread is full of people who will shout down any critic, like you have in the past. In addition, it is a place made for fans of the show. By posting this thread there, the response would obviously be overwhelmingly 'RWBY is a good show.' So yeah, saying that this should be merged into the general thread sounds a whole fucking lot like wanting to get rid of criticism. The 'function this thread is serving' is as a place where both fans of the show and people who don't like it can come and explain their reasoning. You could not achieve that in the general thread. Your last sentence there is rather ironic - the only one who seems to be upset that not everyone's on their side is you.

Flipside, doing it out of the thread is a good way to get shouted down for liking the show and yadda yadda.

I think what we're left with is: SV is just not a good place to talk about RWBY, especially for first-timers. It's very polarized here.

If you're curious about RWBY go.... somewhere else. Anywhere else. Get opinions there.

Flipside, doing it out of the thread is a good way to get shouted down for liking the show and yadda yadda.

I think what we're left with is: SV is just not a good place to talk about RWBY, especially for first-timers. It's very polarized here.

If you're curious about RWBY go.... somewhere else. Anywhere else. Get opinions there.
Take another look at this thread. Anybody just saying 'I liked this aspect of the show' or 'I watch it for x' didn't get shouted at (expect by no., who I yelled at over discord for being a moron in this thread, and then got threadbanned). There's quite a bit of discussion that crops up if someone says something debatable, but no one is shouting at people for just liking something about the show. The 'shouting' comes from the arguments that arise from statements phrased as objective truths. Frankly, there's no better place to ask about the show, considering that we have plenty of people in both camps, with more refined opinions. Anywhere else is either a hatebox or a hugbox.

I think a big part of what makes people attach themselves to RWBY specifically, is that it's such a cobbled together mess of anime appeal points and vague gestures in the direction of an actual story that it leaves a ton of room for the audience to piece together an image of a hypothetical awesome RWBY in their heads in order to enjoy it on a more than superficial level.

So when you say that RWBY is bad, to a lot of fans you're not just saying RWBY is bad, you're saying that the very personal RWBY fanfic they've created in their minds is bad, which feels like an attack on them personally.

Weirdly enough, I was about to post something to this effect in response to a somewhat crestfallen @RedAlert in an effort to explain why RWBY threads tend to go to shit.

High five for similar opinions, duck man.

I think a big part of what makes people attach themselves to RWBY specifically, is that it's such a cobbled together mess of anime appeal points and vague gestures in the direction of an actual story that it leaves a ton of room for the audience to piece together an image of a hypothetical awesome RWBY in their heads in order to enjoy it on a more than superficial level.

So when you say that RWBY is bad, to a lot of fans you're not just saying RWBY is bad, you're saying that the very personal RWBY fanfic they've created in their minds is bad, which feels like an attack on them personally.

Weirdly enough, I was about to post something to this effect in response to a somewhat crestfallen @RedAlert in an effort to explain why RWBY threads tend to go to shit.

High five for similar opinions, duck man.
I mean, for me, I had been enjoyed reading RWBY fics for a while, after having watched the show's first few episodes and learned other stuff through osmosis, and I can certainly tell you at that point I thought of RWBY as a really good show, because so much of it was my own fanon. It was only my decision to decide to rewatch it on a screen larger than that of an ipod classic's that I snapped out of it. I still can enjoy the occasional RWBY fic, and still follow a few, but I no longer consider the show good. This is just a consequence of the whole 'designed for fandom appeal' thing.

As somebody who once made threads on SPUF to try and witness the outrage generated over the Cheater's Lament firsthand, I can't believe you.
Well then I guess you can stick to your opinion then, I'm not too sure if anything I say will convince you, but I only made this thread so people could discuss about the show.

Last edited:
Take another look at this thread. Anybody just saying 'I liked this aspect of the show' or 'I watch it for x' didn't get shouted at (expect by no., who I yelled at over discord for being a moron in this thread, and then got threadbanned). There's quite a bit of discussion that crops up if someone says something debatable, but no one is shouting at people for just liking something about the show. The 'shouting' comes from the arguments that arise from statements phrased as objective truths. Frankly, there's no better place to ask about the show, considering that we have plenty of people in both camps, with more refined opinions. Anywhere else is either a hatebox or a hugbox.

Like, I did, this thread had breakouts of arguments. There's no one or two people responsible, it's a general climate.

Having two polarized sides is not the best for getting a calm general picture, it makes everyone more defensive and shades opinions away from the middle ground. A place that generally likes it or generally dislikes but isn't heated can have someone list pros and cons with less argument, less things-blowing-up mid back and forth, less accusations (rightly or not) that the speaker just hates admitting it's good/bad, etc.. Someone who wants a good perspective shouldn't have to filter out the arguments.

This is not an individual thread I'd recommend for someone to get an opinion, it's too much about our 'factions' so to speak and not the show. Ditto the other recent split-off RWBY thread on the same subject. If we can't talk about it without arguing- and right now, we can't- we are not great for this. Lack of polarized arguing doesn't mean a place is a (blank)box, it means they can have a non-heated conversation.

Last edited:
Like, I did, this thread had breakouts of arguments. There's no one or two people responsible, it's a general climate.

Having two polarized sides is not the best for getting a calm general picture, it makes everyone more defensive and shades opinions away from the middle ground. A place that generally likes it or generally dislikes but isn't heated can have someone list pros and cons with less argument, less things-blowing-up mid back and forth, less accusations (rightly or not) that the speaker just hates admitting it's good/bad, etc.. Someone who wants a good perspective shouldn't have to filter out the arguments.

This is not an individual thread I'd recommend for someone to get an opinion, it's too much about our 'factions' so to speak and not the show. Ditto the other recent split-off RWBY thread on the same subject. If we can't talk about it without arguing- and right now, we can't- we are not great for this. Lack of polarized arguing doesn't mean a place is a (blank)box, it means they can have a non-heated conversation.
I mean, it generates more chaff, but you do get to see both sides, and what they argue about/value.

I mean, it generates more chaff, but you do get to see both sides, and what they argue about/value.

Honestly I agree with Q99. If you want that, it's better to go to a place more positive on RWBY, then a place more down on RWBY, and ask them roughly the same questions about what's most important to you. Places like reddit honestly make that not too tricky; you might be able to find communities on the same site!

Like the thing is that when you have a contentious site, like here, it's going to be full of snark, hyperbole, potshots, battles of personality, and so on on both ends and the conversation will so often divert from the topic at hand. Remember that really extended tangent about Leila's LW back in the other thread? Things like that create so much noise it makes actual learning basically impossible, outside snippets here and there that you could have learned through conversing with both sides in a calmer environment.

I certainly don't think it's impossible to have good discussion about RWBY on sites where it's particularly contentious but it's hard to find too many advantages.

Honestly I agree with Q99. If you want that, it's better to go to a place more positive on RWBY, then a place more down on RWBY, and ask them roughly the same questions about what's most important to you. Places like reddit honestly make that not too tricky; you might be able to find communities on the same site!

Like the thing is that when you have a contentious site, like here, it's going to be full of snark, hyperbole, potshots, battles of personality, and so on on both ends and the conversation will so often divert from the topic at hand. Remember that really extended tangent about Leila's LW back in the other thread? Things like that create so much noise it makes actual learning basically impossible, outside snippets here and there that you could have learned through conversing with both sides in a calmer environment.

I certainly don't think it's impossible to have good discussion about RWBY on sites where it's particularly contentious but it's hard to find too many advantages.
I find the issue with that approach is that a lack of people actually challenging their positions leads to shorter, less specific, disorganized responses. You'll get more well rounded and accurate praise and criticism of something from a place where people actually actively discuss this kind of thing. People won't be able to get away with misrepresenting the show on either side, because they'll get called out on it. Going to a place where there's only haters or only fans will result in a much less honest portrayal of the show from either side.

I think prevailing attitudes towards the show are a lower barrier to discussion than posts about how this thread shouldn't exist and people shouldn't talk about RWBY in it, whether that's because they should be in another thread, because there's nothing worth discussing about the show anymore, because the OP is clearly trolling, or whatever. If you skip over those posts you're left with, well, the actual discussion of the show that has taken place over the past six pages.

Though to be sure, not shouting at people helps make things more welcoming too; not disagreeing there.

Last edited:
A lot of the people that were willing to go in and drop 1k word critical posts about the show (hello yes I am one), what it does, right or wrong, doesn't do, and could have (or should have) done have just said what they have to say, already. Like, I've done my time with the show. I've thought all I have to think about it and read all I have to read about it. I've gotten a lot of value out of breaking the show down with other people, but I'm not especially interested in repeating myself, or unproductive dunking on people making arguments I'm convinced are rotten. I still do that from time to time, though. It's a bad habit that I'm trying to kick.

And yes, certainly I could enter the RWBY thread and nail my grievances to the proverbial forum door like Martin Luther, but I won't, because 1) I don't care anymore, 2) the people that would disagree with me would either never be convinced or otherwise get pretty annoyed, what with fans tending to invest super hard, 3) I have better things to do with my time than getting into arguments that probably won't give me new perspective of any kind, and 4) I don't really feel like being that much of a bitch for no reason.

The show's been picked clean critically very thoroughly. If you've followed discussion on it on the website over the past few years, digging in further is like going back to a meat-flensed carcass to crack out the last of its bones' marrow to supp upon. It's just scraps that are left. He's dead, Jim.

And even if there was precious little blood to wring from this particular artistic stone, it's like... I fought this fight. I used to always be ready to square up at people talking that shite about DS3 and folks on some bullshit for DS2. I'd argue with anyone and effortpost @ anyone (because I have written a literal book's wordcount of analysis on the Souls games at this point, throughout all my various internet hangouts). Know what that agro attitude got me? I got really good at seeing everything wrong with something, got to practice my analytical skills... and a lot of headaches and anxiety from dumb arguments that were all the same. Conversely it costs me nothing to roll my eyes at someone saying things I think are dumb, and just moving on.

I don't mean to say don't argue about media, because that's pretty integral to this forum. Critical/media literacy matter too, so stepping up for an argument is likewise not something I want to say is bad (I would have literally no ground to stand on). But if you find yourself making the same argument over and over then it should probably be something worth that distress to you, because it adds up over time and takes a toll. A mediocre webtoon (even if it's got a lot of horrible handling of race in it) is, in my estimation, probably not going to be worth that to you.

But that's always going to be an individual judgement to make. And that's fine.

What I will never, ever understand, is the weird zealotry RWBY inspires. I mean, I get the fandom for it. But the hatedom, at least on this website, is just as baffling to me. It's like… just not a show worth getting worked up over. Yet lots of very respectable posters on this website line up around the block to quote unquote ''drunk" on this particular semi-amateur webseries. It's strange. It's odd. It kinda drives me insane in the same way that RWBY must drive them insane, because I don't see enough depth to hate.

There's good reason to do something akin to a dissection of RWBY, particularly on a forum full of amateur and fan writers. There's probably a few legit pointers to be drawn from the experience for anyone making the transition from whatever your equivalent of goofy machinima is to full-time original production work. Keep the focus tight. Don't try to do too much with too little. Don't work your animators to death -- this might not apply if you're writing a book. But I truly do not understand the need to conduct huge, in-depth analysis of everything rotten with RWBY. It's like, not that deep fam.

I think a lot of reviewers realize, consciously or not, there's not much to analyze and so eventually lash out at whomever could be watching 'this garbage.' And this is where RWBY gets really weird for me, because a lot of people who hate it, really hate it. And this spills out to how they interact with fans of the show. In this thread alone they've been called out for having 'dangerous taste,' we've had a chiding reminder that the capitalist classes are Not Your Friend and Shame On You For Your Weak Fandom Tendencies, and a subtle suggestion that any defense of RWBY can inherently be dunked on, and that the people who hate it are just more #MediaWoke.

And I think this is partially because of the nature of RWBY's quality. I remarked to @Jemnite my theory was that most RWBY fans were raccoons, and they kinda liked the trash. It's what raccoons do, they occasionally enjoy a taste of trash. You can't really shame a raccoon for liking trash, it's what a raccoon does. So most raccoons will happily eat trash and just let the larger Trash Discourse pass them by. Or observe it, or not participate. Because they are very aware they are eating trash.

(This isn't restricted to RWBY, BTW folks. I know, there's other Bad Things out there. You know how many times I've told my parents Big Bang Theory is bad? And yet, there they are, watching it.)

But some raccoons are a little more rabid than others. They're a little more invested in their trash. It's cuisine to them, perhaps. And so assaults must be levied, and these ignorant rabids must be shown the errors of their ways. Texts will be written about the putrefaction of the fruits inside the trash to the minutest detail, chemical analysis will be done to show there is no nutritional value to a cardboard box, and the plastic bags inside are probably racist. But this is a really roundabout way of saying it's trash. And so then there's a lot of froth and fury from both sides. Over trash.

And it just completely confounds me, especially when the city dump is like, a block away, you dig me? There's bigger trash-fish to fry, people. Fifty Shades of Grey got made into a movie by a real-ass studio and there's Kickstarters for anti-SJW comic books, but I'm supposed to care that RoosterTeeth Made A Mediocre Product And Some People Like it.

I think y'all kinda like kicking raccoons around. It's pretty easy. Rabid animals don't put up much of a skillful fight, and already discarded is the defense of 'it's just trash, can't I enjoy it?" Hard no.

Often fanaticism requires some outside force to rally against, and by god with all your hectoring and scolding have you ever provided that to RWBY fans. Are they eating garbage off the floor? Are they ready for getting dunked on? Are they being fed capitalist lies from creators who pretend to be their buddies and exploit their workers? Wait, was that a link about Disneyworld? Hm, weird. Anyways, let's focus on RoosterTeeth as a particular, even totemistic animus of all that is wrong with fandom in 2k18. And fuck you for ever liking anything they did, or being remotely invested in the personalities behind RT, you clods. You Are The Problem.

I'm not saying people shouldn't write their novel-length screeds about why the Trash Anime Ripoff Is Trash, because that would be rather hypocritical if asked 'Why should RWBY have been made?' This isn't really tone policing, as I'm sure I'll get accused of that. Feel free to write a hearty fuck you; or imply that I'm a blinkered hypocrite blinded by a misplaced, maybe even 'dangerous' admiration for RoosterTeeth. Do whatever you will with the the fact the forum just had a poll about tone on this website. It's more a question of taking some of the apparently very large capacity for critical analysis on this and asking why it is RWBY deserves all this attention.

In another thread I was accused of making excuses of 'well at least RoosterTeeth tried' as a defense of RWBY. It's not really a defense of a show I have likened, in an extensive metaphor, to trash. But ultimately what it is that I just don't fucking get the hate. This studio is one of those rare unicorns where some people got together, got ahead of the tech curve, and made something. I think there's lessons to be drawn from their success. I also don't think we should uncritically accept them as our lord and saviours, but I feel like it says something about the discourse around this topic I feel the need to put that in as a specific disclaimer. But I think it's also fucking bizarre we'll specifically call out RoosterTeeth as being unprofessional and drinking on the job and Shame The Fans for liking things they produce while drunk when I have no doubt you can google any number of actors, directors, and writers from far more professional productions who have done the same or worse.

There's a lot of people who ask RWBY fans to get perspective. But I think the reviewers need to get some, too. They get the make lazy arguments, because you only really need lazy arguments to destroy the show, against the most rabid fans who don't realize they entered a gunfight with a soggy pizza crust. Of course, this begs the question, again, of why you're shooting raccoons. I actually kinda hate RWBY because I've had to learn so much about it just to argue with people who really, really fucking hate it. It's some black fucking hole that swallows all perspective and gives back only rage, for fan and critic alike.

In short:

I have a lot of problems with your post.

The reasons why I keep banging my head against the wall in these kinds of threads are manifold. First of all, I find some enjoyment in debate. It can be fun. Secondly, it refines my arguments. It motivates me to do my homework about what I'm talking about. That can be fun in its own right - I enjoy learning. On top of that, it helps me clarify my feelings, thoughts, and opinions on something. If I've argued about something in the past, it leaves me better prepared to talk about it, in any context, in the future. Thirdly, it's more interesting than doing nothing. I've been without vidya because of a partially broken laptop for the past few months, and I've needed something to fill time. Fourth and finally, I am the type of person that can't stand leaving something I disagree with unchallenged. There's probably more reasons.

I know that you put that last bit there as a way to say 'it's okay to want to argue about this,' but the entire rest of your post comes off as very dismissive of anybody who wants to have a debate, to the point where its inclusion doesn't really serve to make someone with completely valid reasons to want to argue feel any sense of respect. You phrase the actions of people in this thread as a 'bad habit' that you're 'trying to kick.' You imply that, because the show's already been discussed a lot, that it's not worth it to continue the discussion. You talking about how you used to do this all the time, and how foolish you were back then, is really obnoxious. It's basically implying that anyone who wants to argue these kinds of things needs to grow up, or be more mature. You then say that you should only ever argue about things that matter to you, and imply that you shouldn't think something like RWBY, because that would mean you would care too much about a 'mediocre webtoon.' This giant wall of 'if you want to argue about RWBY, don't, because that would mean you care too much about it, arguing about things like it means you need to grow up, it's already been discussed by other people so talking about it now is pointless, and you all need to kick this bad habit.'

It's needlessly dismissive and sometimes insulting of people who just want to have a debate on the internet, and puts your decision to stop participating in these kinds of discussions on a pedestal. It's dissmissive to the people who actually care about the show. I understand your sentiment of not wanting to spend the effort to rehash the same arguments again and again, but you could have just said that and been done with it.
That's not remotely what I said. I said that I had a bad habit, which it was, because it made me unhappy and exacerbated my anxiety. What my post was about is that arguing constantly about something tends to make people miserable and be unproductive, and those are bad things, and I don't want people to be miserable and unproductive. If it doesn't make you either of those things, then that's good and I'm glad, but I don't think most people tend to be happier for having the same argument over and over about a mediocre cartoon. That's the spirit in which I wrote my little post and frankly this whole pseudo-feud we have on this website is ridiculous and taxing to read as an observer. If I'm sick of it then I know the people involved must feel that a hundred times over.

You do you, man. That's really it.

That's not remotely what I said. I said that I had a bad habit, which it was, because it made me unhappy and exacerbated my anxiety. What my post was about is that arguing constantly about something tends to make people miserable and be unproductive, and those are bad things, and I don't want people to be miserable and unproductive. If it doesn't make you either of those things, then that's good and I'm glad, but I don't think most people tend to be happier for having the same argument over and over about a mediocre cartoon. That's the spirit in which I wrote my little post and frankly this whole pseudo-feud we have on this website is ridiculous and taxing to read as an observer. If I'm sick of it then I know the people involved must feel that a hundred times over.

You do you, man. That's really it.
Holy shit what did I post. Reading back.

Sorry, it was three in the morning and i get weirdly angry and rambly when I'm tired.

Because people don't like leaving what they perceive as falsehoods stand. If you believe that RWBY is an overall bad show, and you see people saying it's something objectively good (rather than saying they like it/it's enjoyable) you desire to set the record straight. You don't want other people to have their opinions informed by something you see as misleading. It's really not that hard to grasp.

The zealotry mentioned above, I think it inspires the zealotry because there is simultaneously a lot of good and a lot of bad in RWBY. I enjoy the show for what it is, and what it has meant to friends of mine, and because we got a decent fighting game out of it now. ^_^

It's a show where depending on what you value most , it's either something very cool, or something that is just- heresy and abomination.

What I will never, ever understand, is the weird zealotry RWBY inspires. I mean, I get the fandom for it. But the hatedom, at least on this website, is just as baffling to me. It's like… just not a show worth getting worked up over. Yet lots of very respectable posters on this website line up around the block to quote unquote ''drunk" on this particular semi-amateur webseries. It's strange. It's odd. It kinda drives me insane in the same way that RWBY must drive them insane, because I don't see enough depth to hate.

There's good reason to do something akin to a dissection of RWBY, particularly on a forum full of amateur and fan writers. There's probably a few legit pointers to be drawn from the experience for anyone making the transition from whatever your equivalent of goofy machinima is to full-time original production work. Keep the focus tight. Don't try to do too much with too little. Don't work your animators to death -- this might not apply if you're writing a book. But I truly do not understand the need to conduct huge, in-depth analysis of everything rotten with RWBY. It's like, not that deep fam.

That is my issue. RWBY aren't amateurs by any measure anymore. They are a studio with 4 different non-machinima long running animated series under their belts, hundreds of people working for them, and a networth of double digit millions. They are a small to middle of the road animation studio and I see absolutely no reason to treat them as anything different. I mean I used to read Ian Jones-Quartey's little keenspace webcomic but I am not going to keep treating him like an amateur while he is co-producing Steven Universe and running O.K. Go.

As for all that Racoon junk. I own fucking Wizards on DVD and have seriously thought about getting it on Blu-ray except it isn't in my region. Ralph Bakshi is the master of trash (who has a studio about the same size as RT or smaller) and yet I can happily rip into just what is wrong with his movies and also say what he does right. The idea that I can't love something that is flawed and talk about why it is flawed and why I love it is insulting. Also I need to see if Cool World has a blu ray or not now that I think of it.

Oh yeah and as for all the whataboutisms, it turns out you can care about multiple things at once. If that wasn't so then you also clearly don't care about workers rights because you are writing a post about people arguing about a show and not spending that time doing anything about all those issues you brought up. I mean why do you care so much about arguments on an internet forum and not the real issues you clearly know about?

I find the issue with that approach is that a lack of people actually challenging their positions leads to shorter, less specific, disorganized responses. You'll get more well rounded and accurate praise and criticism of something from a place where people actually actively discuss this kind of thing. People won't be able to get away with misrepresenting the show on either side, because they'll get called out on it. Going to a place where there's only haters or only fans will result in a much less honest portrayal of the show from either side.

Conversely, you can get people give in-depth views who have no reason to be defensive about it, who can also lay out why some people who have different views have it, and not have all the meta discussion.

Being in a more positive area for it doesn't mean they're uninformed or blind. Plenty of people who like it have no problem seeing the flaws, they just have different preferences and priorities.

I mean I used to read Ian Jones-Quartey's little keenspace webcomic but I am not going to keep treating him like an amateur while he is co-producing Steven Universe and running O.K. Go.
It's OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, you uneducated simpleton! K.O. is the part with the periods! And you even forgot "Let's Be Heroes"!

I can't even...

:V

That is my issue. RWBY aren't amateurs by any measure anymore. They are a studio with 4 different non-machinima long running animated series under their belts, hundreds of people working for them, and a networth of double digit millions. They are a small to middle of the road animation studio and I see absolutely no reason to treat them as anything different. I mean I used to read Ian Jones-Quartey's little keenspace webcomic but I am not going to keep treating him like an amateur while he is co-producing Steven Universe and running O.K. Go.
I mean yes, but in the literal sense that you're a professional if you get paid for something. :V

I've always found this point unconvincing because it's pretty clear RT doesn't have 300 people working all on RWBY -- that's the sum total of a company with multiple productions and projects outside of animation. And as much noise is made about them being professionals, it's important to bear in mind their major hire was Monty Oum, a guy who made fan productions, and they didn't start getting serious industry voice actors until much later in the RWBY volumes. Most of the main cast doesn't even have a wikipedia and were recruited through the RoosterTeeth community, and in particular the writing staff is the same two guys since 2013.

Also I'm not asking you to treat them like amateurs. I don't think I've ever said they are above criticism because they are ~poor babies uwu~. I have noted it explains a lot of RWBY's weaknesses that are baked in because of poor decisions. What I am saying is that they seem to get outsized hate for like, even daring to put together a product. Which is weird, because they are a major outsider success story.

As for all that Racoon junk. I own fucking Wizards on DVD and have seriously thought about getting it on Blu-ray except it isn't in my region. Ralph Bakshi is the master of trash (who has a studio about the same size as RT or smaller) and yet I can happily rip into just what is wrong with his movies and also say what he does right. The idea that I can't love something that is flawed and talk about why it is flawed and why I love it is insulting. Also I need to see if Cool World has a blu ray or not now that I think of it.
Did I say you can't insult something in a review where I continually called RWBY trash? Compared it to trash? Also: I guarantee whatever animators Ralph hired, he didn't hire them because they liked his youtube videos.

What I am saying is that it's become a weird flashpoint and I just don't get why people feel like they gotta really go the extra mile to make fun of it and talk down to the fans of the show. Like people will lecture and castigate about RWBY as if it's the coming of the apocalypse, and its fans are particularly blinkered morons, and that RoosterTeeth is full of exploitative assholes who revel in you lapping up their garbage when that's like... not the case.

Like I said, and this was why I used Disney as an example, I don't know why so many people are so focused on this one mediocre fucking franchise as a lightning rod for their ire. I guarantee Kathleen Kennedy is much more cynical about getting your sweet cash than RoosterTeeth.

Because people don't like leaving what they perceive as falsehoods stand. If you believe that RWBY is an overall bad show, and you see people saying it's something objectively good (rather than saying they like it/it's enjoyable) you desire to set the record straight. You don't want other people to have their opinions informed by something you see as misleading. It's really not that hard to grasp.

Back