Sins of the Prophets (Halo 3 Warlords)

Ah, I see you're using the map from the Project Daybreak AU (albeit, not the latest version). We should really cajole Tacitus into finishing his political maps of the Covenant domains in the other three quartals one of these days, but it hasn't been a high priority. Given the lack of good maps of the Halo setting, I find the fact that you jumped at the chance to use Daybreak's both unsurprising and extremely gratifying. In fairness, it's use in an play-by-post Grand Strategy Role-Playing Game is not outside of what was originally envisioned; the ultimate intent of the Daybreak Continuum was and is to create a creative sandbox for other people to play in. Some of the locations of interest do have wiki articles written for them, but for the most part its an empty canvas and a list of cool-sounding names just waiting for someone to fill in the details. I'm sure that whatever SV cooks up for this game will scarcely resemble what's already been written for Daybreak, but I am interested in seeing how you interpret the map through the lens of your own imaginations. If this goes well, perhaps we'll see more Halo GSRP games using Daybreak's maps in the future.

I don't think I have the time or energy to play right now, sadly; I'm just dropping in to say hi.

Ah, I see you're using the map from the Project Daybreak AU (albeit, not the latest version). We should really cajole Tacitus into finishing his political maps of the Covenant domains in the other three quartals one of these days, but it hasn't been a high priority. Given the lack of good maps of the Halo setting, I find the fact that you jumped at the chance to use Daybreak's both unsurprising and extremely gratifying. In fairness, it's use in an play-by-post Grand Strategy Role-Playing Game is not outside of what was originally envisioned; the ultimate intent of the Daybreak Continuum was and is to create a creative sandbox for other people to play in. Some of the locations of interest do have wiki articles written for them, but for the most part its an empty canvas and a list of cool-sounding names just waiting for someone to fill in the details. I'm sure that whatever SV cooks up for this game will scarcely resemble what's already been written for Daybreak, but I am interested in seeing how you interpret the map through the lens of your own imaginations. If this goes well, perhaps we'll see more Halo GSRP games using Daybreak's maps in the future.

I don't think I have the time or energy to play right now, sadly; I'm just dropping in to say hi.
Hey there, always nice to see you. The Daybreak map is certainly detailed, and that's the main reason I switched to using it. It was definitely a bit overwhelming at first, but I think the variety in interstellar geography it provides is useful from a GM perspective. Plus it's not like there's a canon map I can use.

No worries though. Lurkers are always more than welcome.

Last edited:
Lannan - Hussar_Regument
Name: Lannan Rin
Race & Age: Kig-yar (T'vaoan), 38
Birthplace: Khriso, Zhieleo system
Rank/position: Shipmistress
Flagship: Ket-pattern battlecruiser, Clarity of Intention
Biography: Lannan Rin was has made it her life's work to break common sterotypes about her species. A deeply pious individual she is a true believer in the Covenant's mission to reclaim the legecy of the Forerunners and to ascend though the Great Journey. For her the war with humanity was a way to prove herself to the upper castes that she, and her species, could be trusted and were just as dedicated to the Great Journey just as the Sangheili were (Whether the Sangheili was amused, angered, or respected this belief was generally dependent on the attiude of the Sangheili in question).

And while she made a good impression for her faith and dedication to many commanders, she had offended just as many for her liberal attiudes towards the caste system. Thus when she was promoted to shipmistress she was assigned to the destroyer, Eternal Redemption, comprised largely of sailors and warriors who had failled their previous assignments specturarly or desterters who had been given the mercy of reenlistment in a penal unit. Destroyers due to their temendous firepower for their tonnage were frontline vessels and suffered tremendous damage and casualty rates among the crew. Thus the crews were largely drawn from those whose needed to redemn themsleves, with the exception they will only do so though death. For Rin the assignment was a challenge, the crew was deeply demoralized with most believeing they could only escape though death and thus redemn themselves.

For the three years Rin has been shipmistress she has worked hard to improve the lives of her crew. While yes they were made up of the dregs of the Covenant military, many still believed and she just had to show them their were superiors who still cared about them. And under her leadership morale among the crew drastically improved and despite fighting in some of the most feriocous battles of the war and taking horrendous damage she managed to keep both her ship and it's crew alive. Present at the Fall of Reach, she was merited for her stellar conduct in the battle, and with desstruction of one of the most heavily defended human worlds found. The survivng crew of the Eternal Redemption, was to be pardoned and transferred to a more honorable posting, with Rin as shipmistress. She and her crew would be settling into their postings aboard the battlecruiser Clarity of Intention at Nepharal, when the Great Schism began and the galaxy stopped making sense and the Holy Covenant shattered.

Dardanos - Strongboar
Dardanos

Race & Age: Jiralhanae, 38 years old.
Birthplace: Doisac
Rank/position: Chieftain
Flagship: The Hidden Psalm, Ceudar-pattern Heavy Corvette
Biography:

Dardanos hails from the planet of Doisac, the homeworld of the Jiralhanae. He and his litter of runts spent barely a decade planetside before departing to the stars alongside their father, Darnatus, to High Charity. From there, Dardanos and his litter of siblings started their service to The Covenant and the Great Journey. Accompanying their Father on-board various ships through the years to adulthood. Most of Dardanos' litter had died by the time where they could go off on their own, by diseases, killing each other for food or displeasing either one of the Squid-faced Sangheili or their father and packleader.

Eventually there was only Dardanos and his Father left of the original pack that had set out from Doisac. Darnatus was now a Chieftain aboard The Hidden Psalm, a Ceudar-pattern Heavy Corvette. While Darnados had ascended to the rank of Captain Ultra, the second in command to his Chieftain. During Dardanos' service upon the Hidden Psalm, he learned much of the Sangheili Spec-Ops that used the ship for Covert-Operations. From a distance, of course, as they were 'above' him and could not care less about he and his 'Brutes'. The Jiralhanae aboard the Hidden Psalm provided support for the Sangheili spec-ops, by conducting distractions and mindlessly attack fortified locations. While the Sangheili sneaked past and did their business.

Such went the years leading up to the Great Schism, which would usher in a era both Darnatus and his son Dardanos longed for. Darnatus had become rather religious during the later years and followed the Prophet's words zealously. While Dardanos could not care less about 'The Great Journey', he longed only for independence from both his Father and the shackles of the Sangheili. His mind was set upon Doisac, and power for his own.

Thus, when the Great Schism began, Dardanos ripped out the throat of his Father just as he in turn had decapitated the Sangheili Shipmaster aboard the Hidden Psalm. Dardanos continued to eliminate the rest of the filthy Sangheili and Jiralhanae that held loyalty to the memory of his late father. A great feast commenced for Dardanos and his newly-equipped "Stalkers", stealing the equipment of the Spec-ops Sangheili beforehand. Both Sangheili and Jiralhanae meat supplied the dinner table that evening.

Adorning his Father's Chieftain harness (with some modifications of his own), Dardanos and The Hidden Psalm travels to Doisac, eager to carve out power for themselves and furthering the Jiralhanae free from Sangheili oppression.

Back