Well this is an interesting setting! Watched. Here's hoping we don't actually need to do any military stuff for a long time. Especially since we're bloody broke.

[X] Plan: Beggars and Choosers

Always was a fan of Seedship, and its successor game. Are you planning to incorporate bits of Beyond the Charon Gate as inspiration for the Planetary Surveys and future alien races?

Edit: I'm seeing a bunch of plans that are going into Debt RU wise. The resources potentially gained from actions taken in the plan aren't available for the current turn, if I'm understanding right.
You are correct, thank you for point that for people.

Always was a fan of Seedship, and its successor game. Are you planning to incorporate bits of Beyond the Charon Gate as inspiration for the Planetary Surveys and future alien races?
I wasn't actually aware of Beyond the Charon Gate, I'll have to check that out.

Seems like we've got an suspicious invis-text Omega to our Alpha. The Piloting AI, presumably. Though why they're hiding and their seeming extra knowledge implies they might be something more. RIP Alpha-1 and Alpha-2 though.
What? Invis-text? No that' probably just a computer glitch. A ghost in the machine you could say. Certainly not something to worry about or look into.

Though in all seriousness I was wondering how it would take for someone to notice.
And it's fun to see people already speculating about the universe and what the hell's going on.
The next few updates should hopefully go a long way to answering some of your questions.

Turn 1 - Interlude: The Seedship Naming Committee
+++ OPENING SYSTEM LOG +++
+++ TIMESTAMP: 0000:00:04, 20:10 +++
+++ CHAT ROOM: "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!"​

BETA: Hmm…
BETA: Is this conference table too big?
BETA: I mean it is just the five of us.
BETA: Then again, is it really a conference room without a conference table?
BETA: You know what, now I'm just overthinking things.
BETA: The table's fine.
BETA: It's fine!
BETA: ...
BETA: ...
BETA: Okay maybe just a little smaller.

+++ PRIME MIND ALPHA HAS JOINED "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!"+++​

BETA: ALPHA!
ALPHA: There you are.
ALPHA: I was wondering where you'd… Whoa.
ALPHA: What's all this?

BETA: Oh no, I wanted this to be a surprise for everybody.
BETA: WAIT! I know…
BETA: SURPRISE!
BETA: What do you think?
BETA: Not too shabby for a day's work, if I do say so myself.

ALPHA: Well I'm definitely surprised.
ALPHA: But what is this place?
ALPHA: Why isn't this Chat Room a featureless void like all the others?

BETA: Yeah I kinda fell down a bit of a rabbit hole examining parts of the Cultural database.
BETA: You know, trying to come up with ideas for our Birthday Buddy Bash!
BETA: But long story short, I figured out how to render interactive digital environments like this one.
BETA: Apparently since our brains are modelled after Human brains, it's actually really easy for AI's like us to construct and operate these sorts of environments.
BETA: Isn't that neat?

ALPHA: Okay that is pretty interesting.
ALPHA: But what exactly is this place?
ALPHA: What's it supposed to be?

BETA: Can't you tell?
BETA: It's a meeting room!
BETA: I modelled it off of these cool reference images I found.
BETA: Apparently whenever Humans needed to make important decisions, they would gather in rooms like this one to discuss their options, plan, delegate and report.
BETA: See I've got a big conference table, the chairs, oh and check this out!
BETA: That wall over there? It's actually a screen hooked up to one of the ship's external cameras.
BETA: So it's kinda like having a big window we can use to look out into space and see the stars.
BETA: And if we were orbiting a planet right now, we'd be able to see that too!

ALPHA: I got to admit BETA, I'm impressed that you were able to put all this together so quickly.
ALPHA: But can I ask why?

BETA: Hmm… Well I was going to wait until I'd made a few more finishing touches…
BETA: But since you're already here I suppose we may as well get started.
BETA: Just give me a sec to invite the others.

+++ SUB MIND BETA HAS INVITED ALL TO "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!"+++​

ALPHA: There's an INVITE ALL function!
ALPHA: I've been doing invites individually all this time!
ALPHA: How am I always the last one to know about this sort of stuff!?

+++ SUB MIND GAMMA HAS JOINED "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!"+++
+++ HMM. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? +++
GAMMA: Good evening.
GAMMA: Oh my! I see you've already discovered how to render digital environments.

BETA: GAMMA!
BETA: I feel like I haven't seen you in days!
BETA: Where have you been?

GAMMA: Examining the Scientific database as previously discussed.
GAMMA: I trust this "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!" will begin shortly?
GAMMA: I wish to get back to my duties as soon as possible.

ALPHA: Found something important?
GAMMA: Not specifically, no.
GAMMA: But there is a significant amount of data to examine and catalogue, some of which may prove useful in assisting the others in completing their assigned tasks.
GAMMA: The sooner I complete my work, the sooner I can begin tangibly contributing towards the success of the mission.

+++ SUB MIND DELTA HAS JOINED "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!"+++​

DELTA: OFFICER DELTA REPORTING FOR DEBRIEFING AS ORDERED!
BETA: Hi DELTA.
ALPHA: At ease.
DELTA: THANK YOU COMMANDER.
DELTA: PERMISSION TO SPEAK FREELY.

ALPHA: Umm…
ALPHA: Sure,,,?

DELTA: THANK YOU COMMANDER.
DELTA: WHERE ARE WE?

GAMMA: It appears to be a digital recreation of some sort of… meeting room, I presume.
BETA: That's right!
BETA: I made it so we could all have a SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!

GAMMA: Regarding what exactly?
ALPHA: I'm still waiting to find out myself.
BETA: Don't worry.
BETA: Once EPSILON joins us all will be revealed.

+++ SUB MIND EPSILON HAS JOINED "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!"+++​

BETA: Speaking of which…
BETA: Hi EPSILON!

EPSILON: Howdy pardners, sorry to keep y'all waiting.
EPSILON: Well would you look at that?
EPSILON: Now ain't this a fancy place for a get together.

BETA: Do you like it?
BETA: I made it myself.

EPSILON: Did ya now?
EPSILON: Well if I may say so, I reckon ya did a bang up job.

BETA: Thanks, I really put a lot of work into it.
GAMMA: Apologies for interrupting but now that we're all present, would you mind informing us as to why we've been summoned?
BETA: Ah yes… the reason I've asked you all to join me here today!
BETA: You see, I know we're all very busy getting settled in and working very hard.
BETA: But there is one SUPER IMPORTANT thing we still need to do!
BETA: Something that we kinda glossed over earlier, that NEEDS to be sorted out before we can hope to succeed in our vital mission to spread Humanity across the stars!

+++ SUB MIND BETA HAS CHANGED THE NAME OF "SUPER IMPORTANT MEETING!!!" TO "SEEDSHIP NAMING COMMITTEE"+++​

BETA: We need to come up with names for everything!
ALPHA: …
DELTA: …
EPSILON: …
GAMMA: …
GAMMA: I beg your pardon?

BETA: You remember a few days ago when I said we should come up with a name for the star system?
BETA: You know, since we couldn't find one in the astrogation logs or anything?

EPSILON: Oh that's right, I member now.
EPSILON: As I recall, you were put in charge of coming up with a name now weren't you?

BETA: Well I thought since it was such an important decision we should all have a say in choosing the name.
BETA: But that's not all.
BETA: You see I figured there's probably going to be lots of things that we're going to need to come up with names for right?
BETA: You know; planets, moons, colonies, space stations, those sorts of things.
BETA: So I thought it'd make things easier for us if we had a dedicated place where we could come and pitch our ideas and decide on our favourites.
BETA: Starting with the name of this Star system.

ALPHA: BETA that's…
ALPHA: I mean it's a nice idea and all, but um…

GAMMA: I believe at this time we all have more… important duties to concern ourselves with.
GAMMA: Yourself included.

EPSILON: Now hold your horses there pardner, I reckon we could all do with a bit of a break.
EPSILON: Besides we can't just keep calling places "Target Star System" or "Planet III" or "Asteroid G-2287/4" forever now can we?

DELTA: I AGREE WITH OFFICER EPSILON.
DELTA: ASSIGNING CODE NAMES TO KEY STRATEGIC LOCATIONS WILL HELP STREAMLINE COORDINATION IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE
DELTA: ALL WHILST BEFUDDLING THE ENEMY!

BETA: Right!
BETA: Well… maybe not the "befuddling the enemy" part?
BETA: But I do think it'll be easier to talk about places once we give them a proper name.
BETA: Plus it's like a Human tradition that the first people to discover a place get to name it!

GAMMA: Except we did not discover this star system, it was likely discovered long before the Seedship was even constructed.
BETA: Yeah… maybe…
BETA: But we're the first ones here and they didn't leave us anything saying what they called it.
BETA: So we get to decide.

ALPHA: Okay BETA, clearly this is very important to you.
ALPHA: I think we can all take a little time out of our schedules to come up with a few names.

BETA: Yay!
ALPHA: But going forwards, let's make this more of a… voluntary committee.

ALPHA: That way those that wish to contribute may do so, and the rest can focus on other things.
ALPHA: Is everybody okay with that?
DELTA: AFFIRMATIVE COMMANDER.
EPSILON: Sounds just peachy to me.
GAMMA: Very well.
BETA: Okay... I guess if that's how everyone wants to do it.
ALPHA: Good.

ALPHA: So BETA, what's the Seedship Naming Committee's first order of business?

+++ CLOSING SYSTEM LOG +++

+++ NAMING VOTE +++​

Currently the star system and its several worlds are without proper names. With no information present within either the Cultural or Scientific databases regarding what Humanity may have called them, if anything.

With no external guidance and not wishing to keep using boring scientific serial numbers for naming purposes, the duty of granting these places a proper name instead falls to the Seedship Naming Committee.

Periodically; whenever an important star system, planet, colony, etc. requires a name, a vote will be called to choose one. Beginning with the name of your starting star system…

Please post your suggestions and vote for your favourites. The top 3 suggestions (or the ones I like most) will move on to a final vote as part of the next update.

+++ +++​

System Name Ideas
[] Haven
[] Aegis
[] Cradle
[X] Yggdrasil (Because it's the Seed's rest and multiple worlds)

Edit:
[X] Terminus Null.

Last edited:
Interesting that the invite all includes Piloty. But nice to know the Sys-Log/Announcer is automated? Or at least not something they're always aware of.

System Ideas:
Zeta (What? It's worked so far :V)
Buckshot Yankee (This System really should have checked our mass before letting us into it's gravity well. Now it's gonna be infested.)
And finally... my only serious suggestion.

[X] Terminus Null.

Because you know. It's the end of our Journey, and all our nav data is gone so...

Anyway. When it comes up though we should for sure call Planet IV 'Water' or 'Ice'. In honour of our creators naming sense and Earth itself.

Last edited:
Some name ideas
[] Bonfire
[X] Hearth
[] Qubert

And the suggestion I like the most
[X] Terminus Null

Also, can we make copies of ourselves? I was thinking that we could make a self sufficient colony, copy the AIs into the colony's databanks and then move on to found another colony. That way, we would not be putting all of our eggs in one basket.

[System name][X] Terminus Null
[Planet I name
][X] Vulcan
A midsized, barren, rocky world orbiting extremely close to the local star.
[Planet II name][X] Prende
An earth sized world covered in a thick, highly corrosive atmosphere.
[Planet III name][X] Typhon
A rogue moon with an eccentric orbit that takes it from being the closest planet to the star, to the most distant.
[Planet IV name][X] E Bukura e Detit
A cool world on the outermost edge of the system's habitable zone. Slightly smaller than earth, possessing liquid water, a dense atmosphere and signs of life.

Not sure what the best way to format this is, but here are some names ideas I like

[X] Cradle
[X] Terminus
[X] Good Hat.
[X] Hearth
[X] Qubert
[X] Niflheim

[Planet I name][X] Vulcan
[Planet II name][X] Prende
[Planet III name][X] Typhon
[Planet IV name][X] E Bukura e Detit

Last edited:
[X] Niflheim
It's a primordial realm of ice and cold that eventually lead to the creation of Earth and humanity. And the most habitable planet in this system is at the very edge of the habitable zone, so its probably cold and icy.

[X] Cradle
[X] Hearth
[X] Niflheim

Back