Saving a Nation, By Any Means Necessary (Modern/Sci-Fi meets Fantasy CK2)

Votes are still open, but I can't help but notice that not many plans include taking the Xelmians to battle.

Not criticizing at all but I would like to know why since I was surprised.
We want as much tech and sabotage as possible before attacking. Also we don't mind waiting for them to come to us.

Votes are still open, but I can't help but notice that not many plans include taking the Xelmians to battle.

I thought about it, but felt that we had things we needed to do before that, so delayed one more turn.

We want as much tech and sabotage as possible before attacking. Also we don't mind waiting for them to come to us.

Well, on the central front it's not so bad, but the southern front is collapsing fast, and that would be bad if they are able to combine with the central front. I think we can wait one more month, but no more than that.
Adhoc vote count started by Thinker on Jun 15, 2019 at 10:00 PM, finished with 829 posts and 4 votes.

• [X] Plan Battle Prep
    [X] Plan Final Prep
    -[X] The Changing Face of the Battlefield
    --[X] Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles (Cost: 9, Upkeep 3)
    ---[X] Georgia's Persona Attention: The Changing Face of the Battlefield
    -[X] Order of the Steel Helm Request – Help Clean Out the Bandit Filled Mine
    --[X] Assigned Steel Helm Request: (1) War-Sisters of the Mace, Sister Melancholy, (1) Veteran Foundation Spearmen, (1) Veteran Foundation Archers, (1) Veteran Foundation Swordsmen, (6) Basic Foundation Spearmen, (4) Basic Foundation Archers, (4) Basic Foundation Swordsmen, (1) Lesser Shield Angel, (1) Lesser Divine Flame Elemental, (1) Lesser Divine Water Elemental
    -[X] Your Sought After Relations – The Royalty of Leofarinia
    -[X] Improving that Factory (Cost 10, 1 Sci/Eng Team)
    --[X] Scrap and Salvage Recycling Center (+5, Improved Loot Rolls after intense combat)
    ---[X] Sunnia's Personal Attention: Improving that Factory
    -[X] Old Tower Warrens Request – Help Establish Trade Routes
    --[X] The Region of Breadshire, the local breadbasket for the region, including Greenhill. (Cost 1)
    -[X] Renting Out Property (Abandoned Mine with Mining and Smelting operations)
    -[X] Renting Out Property (Fortified Mining Camp)
    -[X] Spy Action – Xelma (Cost 8, 1 Tier-2 Intrigue group)
    --[X] Current Military Plans and Troop Movements
    --[X] Agents assigned Spy Action: (1) Tricksters, (2) Veteran Agents, (2) Basic Agents
    -[X] Sabotage Action – Xelma's Invasion (Free Action)
    --[X] Agents assigned Sabotage Action: (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins, Stiletto, (1) Sniper Agents, (2) Basic Agents
    -[X] Counter-Intelligence Actions (free action)
    --[X] Agents assigned Counter Intelligence: (1) Tricksters, (2) Veteran Agents, (2) Basic Agents
    -[X] Leofarinian Army Request - Military Research (Cost 5, 1 Sci/Eng Team)
    --[X] Gunpowder Knowledge
    -[X] I Need a Medic Over Here! (Cost 22, 1 Sci/Eng Team)
    --[X] Personnel assigned to Medic Training: (4) Basic Foundation Spearmen
    ---[X] Joan's Personal Attention: I Need A Medic
    -[X] Heavenly Summoning Halls (Cost 10, 1 Sisters Initiate Team)
    -[X] Mutual Training – Sunnia
    --[X] Joan Frank
    ---[X] Martial
    --[X] Sunnia
    ---[X] Learning
    [X] Plan: Age of Guns
    -[X] Order of the Steel Helm Request – Help Clean Out the Bandit Filled Fortress
    --[X] (4) Thorn Throwers, (3) Tamed Lesser Wolves, (1) Lesser Shield Angel, (1) Lesser Divine Flame Elemental, (1) Lesser Divine Water Elemental, (2) Veteran Foundation Spearmen, (1) Veteran Foundation Swordsmen, (2) Veteran Foundation Archers, (1) Veteran Foundation Spears-Bunnies, (1) Veteran Storm-Riders Fast Cavalry, (1) Veteran Golden Wolves Berserkers, (1) Veteran Blood Dancers Bunny-Berserkers, (1) War-Sisters of the Mace Sister Melancholy
    ---[X] Georgia Bonus
    -[X] Improving that Factory
    --[X] Firearms Machine Shop (+3 Income, Decreased costs and upkeep with actions and assets involving firearms)
    ---[X] Sunnia Bonus
    -[X]Business Expansion
    --[X] Battlefield Salvage Shop
    --[X] Agents assigned Spy Action: (1) Tricksters, (2) Veteran Agents
    --[X] Agents assigned Sabotage Action: (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins, Stiletto, (1) Sniper Agents, (4) Basic Agents
    --[X] Agents assigned Counter Intelligence: (2) Veteran Agents, (2) Basic Agents, (1) Tricksters
    -[X] Reverse Engineering Research
    --[X] Laser Pistol Kits
    ---[X] Joan Bonus
    -[X] Leofarinian Army Request - Military Research
    --[X] Better Ranged Weapon Designs
    -[X] Heavenly Summoning Halls
    -[X] Organize Your Computer Even More
    [X] plan guns & coins
    [x] Improved Recruitment: New fighters and recruits are joining your forces at a steady, if slow, pace. However, you think that the pace could, and should, be faster. You will invest resources and effort into improving the rate that new fighters going your forces...
    [x] The Changing Face of the Battlefield: With a training program in place and a factory to produce the goods, you are thinking that now is a good time to start the process of upgrading your forces from using melee weapons into using something more… sophisticated and modern. You will devise and implement a training program that automatically trains and equips your combat groups into the use of better weapons and equipment, especially firearms.
    -[x] Pump-Action Shotguns (Cost: 9, Upkeep 3)
    [x] Property Protection (free action): Some of your valuable properties that you had captured are practically unguarded and vulnerable to attack should the enemy decides to attack. You should send some troops and supplies out to your properties and assets to protect them from enemy capture or destruction…
    -[x] Captured Fortified Mining Camp
    --[x](3) Basic Foundation Spearmen (4) Thorn Throwers (3) Tamed Lesser Wolves
    [x] Your Sought After Relations – The Royalty of Leofarinia: A most embellished message has arrived on your desk, decorated with the seals of, what you correctly assumed to be, the Leofarinian Royal Family. The writer of the message, Princess Athene the Wise, has heard quite a bit about you and she is interested in establishing a personal business relationship between her personal network and your Foundation. From what you can gather from the message and from your advisers, the attention of a member of the Royal Family is nothing to dismiss lightly, so maybe you should you should grant her request, even though there is no mention of an order in the letter.
    [x] Improving that Factory: The new factory is already serving you quite well as goods and parts are pouring from its conveyor belts and tables. However, things could be better and the factory could be improved in many different ways. Plans and ideas are being brainstormed, but you do need to figure out what direction the new factory should be taken to...
    -[x] Firearms Machine Shop (+3 Income, Decreased costs and upkeep with actions and assets involving firearms)
    [x] Wandering Merchant Caravans: Trading between various populations is the backbone of any strong economy and it is no different in this world. Sponsoring a merchant caravan to help establish a new trade route to a location in return for a cut of their profits sound like a good way to start earning quite a bit of money, though there's always a risk of bandits attacking your profits. Ah well, that's the cost of being a merchant in these troubled times…
    -[x] Gold Meadows Warrens, local population of Bunny-people and good source of labor and recruits. (Chance of Success: 90%. Cost: 5. Required: 1 Tier-1 combat group. Turns to complete: 1. Reward: +8 Income, random stuffs and events.)
    --[x] (2) Basic Foundation Spearmen
    [x] Resume Mining and Smelting Operations (Free Action): The only operational mine that you had was idled due to safety concerns brought by the invading Xelmians along with whatever else out there. Despite risks of attack, you should get it up and running again so you can earn money from it again...
    [x] Spy Action – Xelma: Now that your agents have some sort of foothold in Xelma, maybe it's time to do some more focused information gathering on something in particular? Not that you're dismissing the informants' reports as useless, but there might be something that you are missing if you rely on the informants alone…
    -[x] Locations of the Leaders
    --[x] (4) Veteran Agents, (1) Tricksters, (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins
    [x] Counter-Intelligence Actions (free action): You have this dreadful feeling that, with your organization becoming well known as it is, your enemies will start to send in agents of shadows to undermine you however you can. You might as well do something about that, yes? You will assign intrigue personnel to protect your Foundation from any subversive plots by enemy agents.
    -[x](6) Basic Agents, (1) Sniper Agents, (1) Tricksters
    [x] Build Up Computer Network: You have a computer network already, but with the busy days ahead, it may be wise to re-purpose and refurbish some of the old computers in storage for additional computing power and storage… and maybe for other purposes down the line…
    [x] Leofarinian Army Request - Military Research: Captain Raymond of the Leofarinian Army's Greenhill Garrison has requested that you help out with the defense of Leofarinia in his latest letter to you. While you could possibly contribute by sending your armed forces to help out the overburdened garrison, donating your research time into more militant applications is a viable alternative as well. After all, you should have something that he would be impressed by…
    -[x] Better Ranged Weapon Designs
    [x] Heavenly Summoning Halls: Your Sisters Initiates and War-Sisters of the Mace both have come to you with a proposal to establish and construct a dedicated summoning shrine to conduct your summoning rituals within. They claim that using a dedicated temple or shrine instead of a random warehouse would help decrease the costs of summoning and help improve the chances of both actually summoning something and summoning something quite strong. While you have lingering doubts about this whole plan, they seem convinced that their plan is a sound one...
    [x] Chatting with people: You should make casual talk with your friends and allies. After all, having a peer to socialize with could be healthy for you…
    -[x] Georgia of the Unhallowed Marsh Warrens, the seasoned Bunny warrior, trainer, and your current Martial Adviser.

Well, on the central front it's not so bad, but the southern front is collapsing fast, and that would be bad if they are able to combine with the central front. I think we can wait one more month, but no more than that

We should probably send most of the saboteurs south to destroy supplies. All we can do is slow them down there.

Well is it as last mini-turn? We have to spend money to do more action? We are almost whit no money! Next turn for sure!

Of course there will be benefits. Most chiefly among them is to reduce the amount of damage that the invading Xelmians would do to the regions they are invading in by killing a lot of their forces before they could inflict further damage...
If more damage is done near by then we have more chance to get our influence out there when all the rebuilding is happening

If more damage is done near by then we have more chance to get our influence out there when all the rebuilding is happening
To be completely honest, if you want to spread your influence that way, there is nothing stopping you from doing it. No strategy is too ruthless for this quest (except where prohibited by the mods of this forum).

After all, you all did re-develop poison gas for intended future use...

EDIT: Although it is worth reminding you that all of your actions have consequences, so if you do intend to pursue that strategy, then you are implicitly accepting all consequences, both good and bad.

Last edited:
To be completely honest, if you want to spread your influence that way, there is nothing stopping you from doing it. No strategy is too ruthless for this quest (except where prohibited by the mods of this forum).

After all, you all did re-develop poison gas for intended future use...

EDIT: Although it is worth reminding you that all of your actions have consequences, so if you do intend to pursue that strategy, then you are implicitly accepting all consequences, both good and bad.
Yeah, yeah less trade and people to hire from, probably destruction of possible allies. I doubt there will many bad impressions, we're still too small to do much more than we have

Well, I don't think we should pursue that ruthless of a strategy. But there are good reasons to wait another turn to continue improving our forces before battle.

Well, I don't think we should pursue that ruthless of a strategy. But there are good reasons to wait another turn to continue improving our forces before battle.
Once again we are small, no one will blame us for waiting to join the main fight, unless we slaughter everything in front of us, then people will complain why we didn't come sooner.
And I'm not doing a ruthless plan. I say we help after the fighting is done and in the parts worst damaged. We just have an added benefit that our aid will create extra good will for help in a hard time and we should take advantage of it to help us get more established. After all the title of the quest says any mean necessary

Votes are not closed, I am just taking a tally for planning and organization purposes.
Adhoc vote count started by dnzrx on Jun 16, 2019 at 9:13 PM, finished with 838 posts and 5 votes.

• [X] Plan Final Prep
    --[X] Assigned Steel Helm Request: (1) War-Sisters of the Mace, Sister Melancholy, (1) Veteran Foundation Spearmen, (1) Veteran Foundation Archers, (1) Veteran Foundation Swordsmen, (6) Basic Foundation Spearmen, (4) Basic Foundation Archers, (4) Basic Foundation Swordsmen, (1) Lesser Shield Angel, (1) Lesser Divine Flame Elemental, (1) Lesser Divine Water Elemental
    --[X] Scrap and Salvage Recycling Center (+5, Improved Loot Rolls after intense combat)
    --[X] The Region of Breadshire, the local breadbasket for the region, including Greenhill. (Cost 1)
    --[X] Agents assigned Spy Action: (1) Tricksters, (2) Veteran Agents, (2) Basic Agents
    --[X] Agents assigned Sabotage Action: (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins, Stiletto, (1) Sniper Agents, (2) Basic Agents
    --[X] Agents assigned Counter Intelligence: (1) Tricksters, (2) Veteran Agents, (2) Basic Agents
    --[X] Joan Frank
    ---[X] Martial
    --[X] Sunnia
    ---[X] Learning
    [X] Plan Battle Prep
    -[X] Order of the Steel Helm Request – Help Clean Out the Bandit Filled Fortress
    --[X] (4) Thorn Throwers, (3) Tamed Lesser Wolves, (1) Lesser Shield Angel, (1) Lesser Divine Flame Elemental, (1) Lesser Divine Water Elemental, (2) Veteran Foundation Spearmen, (1) Veteran Foundation Swordsmen, (2) Veteran Foundation Archers, (1) Veteran Foundation Spears-Bunnies, (1) Veteran Storm-Riders Fast Cavalry, (1) Veteran Golden Wolves Berserkers, (1) Veteran Blood Dancers Bunny-Berserkers, (1) War-Sisters of the Mace Sister Melancholy
    ---[X] Georgia Bonus
    --[X] Firearms Machine Shop (+3 Income, Decreased costs and upkeep with actions and assets involving firearms)
    ---[X] Sunnia Bonus
    -[X]Business Expansion
    --[X] Agents assigned Sabotage Action: (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins, Stiletto, (1) Sniper Agents, (4) Basic Agents
    --[X] Agents assigned Counter Intelligence: (2) Veteran Agents, (2) Basic Agents, (1) Tricksters
    --[X] Laser Pistol Kits
    ---[X] Joan Bonus
    [X] plan guns & coins
    [x] Improved Recruitment: New fighters and recruits are joining your forces at a steady, if slow, pace. However, you think that the pace could, and should, be faster. You will invest resources and effort into improving the rate that new fighters going your forces...
    [x] The Changing Face of the Battlefield: With a training program in place and a factory to produce the goods, you are thinking that now is a good time to start the process of upgrading your forces from using melee weapons into using something more… sophisticated and modern. You will devise and implement a training program that automatically trains and equips your combat groups into the use of better weapons and equipment, especially firearms.
    [x] Property Protection (free action): Some of your valuable properties that you had captured are practically unguarded and vulnerable to attack should the enemy decides to attack. You should send some troops and supplies out to your properties and assets to protect them from enemy capture or destruction…
    [x] Your Sought After Relations – The Royalty of Leofarinia: A most embellished message has arrived on your desk, decorated with the seals of, what you correctly assumed to be, the Leofarinian Royal Family. The writer of the message, Princess Athene the Wise, has heard quite a bit about you and she is interested in establishing a personal business relationship between her personal network and your Foundation. From what you can gather from the message and from your advisers, the attention of a member of the Royal Family is nothing to dismiss lightly, so maybe you should you should grant her request, even though there is no mention of an order in the letter.
    [x] Improving that Factory: The new factory is already serving you quite well as goods and parts are pouring from its conveyor belts and tables. However, things could be better and the factory could be improved in many different ways. Plans and ideas are being brainstormed, but you do need to figure out what direction the new factory should be taken to...
    -[x] Firearms Machine Shop (+3 Income, Decreased costs and upkeep with actions and assets involving firearms)
    [x] Wandering Merchant Caravans: Trading between various populations is the backbone of any strong economy and it is no different in this world. Sponsoring a merchant caravan to help establish a new trade route to a location in return for a cut of their profits sound like a good way to start earning quite a bit of money, though there's always a risk of bandits attacking your profits. Ah well, that's the cost of being a merchant in these troubled times…
    -[x] Gold Meadows Warrens, local population of Bunny-people and good source of labor and recruits. (Chance of Success: 90%. Cost: 5. Required: 1 Tier-1 combat group. Turns to complete: 1. Reward: +8 Income, random stuffs and events.)
    [x] Resume Mining and Smelting Operations (Free Action): The only operational mine that you had was idled due to safety concerns brought by the invading Xelmians along with whatever else out there. Despite risks of attack, you should get it up and running again so you can earn money from it again...
    [x] Spy Action – Xelma: Now that your agents have some sort of foothold in Xelma, maybe it's time to do some more focused information gathering on something in particular? Not that you're dismissing the informants' reports as useless, but there might be something that you are missing if you rely on the informants alone…
    [x] Counter-Intelligence Actions (free action): You have this dreadful feeling that, with your organization becoming well known as it is, your enemies will start to send in agents of shadows to undermine you however you can. You might as well do something about that, yes? You will assign intrigue personnel to protect your Foundation from any subversive plots by enemy agents.
    [x] Build Up Computer Network: You have a computer network already, but with the busy days ahead, it may be wise to re-purpose and refurbish some of the old computers in storage for additional computing power and storage… and maybe for other purposes down the line…
    [x] Leofarinian Army Request - Military Research: Captain Raymond of the Leofarinian Army's Greenhill Garrison has requested that you help out with the defense of Leofarinia in his latest letter to you. While you could possibly contribute by sending your armed forces to help out the overburdened garrison, donating your research time into more militant applications is a viable alternative as well. After all, you should have something that he would be impressed by…
    [x] Heavenly Summoning Halls: Your Sisters Initiates and War-Sisters of the Mace both have come to you with a proposal to establish and construct a dedicated summoning shrine to conduct your summoning rituals within. They claim that using a dedicated temple or shrine instead of a random warehouse would help decrease the costs of summoning and help improve the chances of both actually summoning something and summoning something quite strong. While you have lingering doubts about this whole plan, they seem convinced that their plan is a sound one...
    [x] Chatting with people: You should make casual talk with your friends and allies. After all, having a peer to socialize with could be healthy for you…
    -[x] Georgia of the Unhallowed Marsh Warrens, the seasoned Bunny warrior, trainer, and your current Martial Adviser.

Yeah... I think I'm going to write up a plan that includes starting to fight. There is no guarantee we can win in one turn so if we keep putting it off we could easily end up isolated and cut off. Also the longer we give the Xelmians to ravage the countryside the more problems we are likely to have later.

@dnzrx Just to check. If we attack will our allies back us up?

Last edited:
[X] Plan The only good Xelmian is a dead Xelmian

-[X] Combat Action – Xelmian Invasion (Free Action)
-[X] The Age of Gunpowder
--[X] M4 Carbine Rifles (Cost: 7)
---[X] Use a kit to reduce cost to 1 and boost chances of success to 95%
---[X] (1) Basic Foundation Archers
-[X] Strategy Planning Sessions
--[X] Georgia Bonus (+26)

--[X] Joan Bonus (+14)

---[X] Sunnia Bonus (+17)
-[X]Business Expansion

--[X] Agents assigned Spy Action: (1) Tricksters, (1) Veteran Agents, (1) Basic Agents
--[X] Agents assigned Sabotage Action: (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins, Stiletto, (1) Sniper Agents, (1) Veteran Agents, (3) Basic Agents

--[X] Better Armor Designs

-[X] Movie Nights!

(0+1+3)+(0)+(10+5+0+0)+(8+0+0)+(5+5)+(10)+(0)= 47 wealth

Okay. This plan aims for two main goals:

-Starting to fight before we have a disaster and doing so competently and with as many of our troops available as possible.
-Make sure we actually have funding to select useful options during the miniturn.

With the secondary goal of leaving ourselves in a position to keep improving our situation.

So in martial I picked using one of our gun kits to upgrade a unit. It is cheap but should give us a fairly powerful unit. I'm also doing planning sessions since going into combat without a good plan is kinda horrible. Also obviously we are going fighting.

Diplomacy has us talking with royalty since that seems kinda critical. I'm even adding our bonus even if it isn't Joan's best field it makes sense IC and establishing a good personal relationship here might be very useful in the future.

Stewardship does the renting out bit since that gets us income without being bogged down. We are also upgrading the factory so that future gun upgrades are both cheaper and more effective. This helps us to keep progressing our advantages and in a plan like this where we aren't going to immediately start systematic upgrades we'll save money. Also upgrading a business because that is cheap and cost effective.

Spy on enemy plans for bonuses for the coming fight. Deploy most of our agents to be ready for sabotage actions to maximize our chances also. but do keep back a couple of agents to guard our base.

In learning I'm doubling up on army requests because those give return on investment now leaving us with more cash. And it isn't like most of our troops aren't still using regular gear.

Piety gets us the summoning halls since there isn't all that much else useful to do there and being able to summon more replacements may become important.

And in personal I figure we should try to raise morale a bit since we are going to have things get messy soon.

Thoughts or mistakes?

Votes will be closing this weekend, which is in four days, since I think that about two weeks is enough for all of you to decide on something...

Votes are not closed yet. I am just doing a tally.

It looks like a tie, if it's not resolved by the time I close votes in two days, then it might be a coin flip at that point.
Adhoc vote count started by dnzrx on Jun 20, 2019 at 9:34 AM, finished with 843 posts and 6 votes.

• [X] Plan Final Prep
    --[X] Joan Frank
    ---[X] Martial
    --[X] Sunnia
    ---[X] Learning
    [X] Plan The only good Xelmian is a dead Xelmian
    -[X] Combat Action – Xelmian Invasion (Free Action)
    -[X] The Age of Gunpowder
    --[X] M4 Carbine Rifles (Cost: 7)
    ---[X] Use a kit to reduce cost to 1 and boost chances of success to 95%
    ---[X] (1) Basic Foundation Archers
    -[X] Strategy Planning Sessions
    --[X] Georgia Bonus (+26)
    --[X] Joan Bonus (+14)
    ---[X] Sunnia Bonus (+17)
    -[X]Business Expansion
    --[X] Agents assigned Spy Action: (1) Tricksters, (1) Veteran Agents, (1) Basic Agents
    --[X] Agents assigned Sabotage Action: (1) Red Knives Bunny-Assassins, Stiletto, (1) Sniper Agents, (1) Veteran Agents, (3) Basic Agents
    --[X] Better Armor Designs
    -[X] Movie Nights!
    ---[X] Georgia Bonus
    ---[X] Sunnia Bonus
    -[X]Business Expansion
    --[X] Laser Pistol Kits
    ---[X] Joan Bonus
    [X] plan guns & coins

Good morning. It is now Saturday and votes are now closed.

I probably know the answer already, but is there a particular reason why are you giving the firearms to the lessor units and not to the more elite units in your Foundation? I am just curious.

Good morning. It is now Saturday and votes are now closed.

I probably know the answer already, but is there a particular reason why are you giving the firearms to the lessor units and not to the more elite units in your Foundation? I am just curious.

Well there are a two main reasons IMO. Firstly it spreads out our value leaving us less vulnerable to losing a single unit. Secondly our more elite units are likely elite because they are good at fighting the way they do. That probably doesn't transfer to a new way to fight entirely. We'd be wasting a good part of their previous experience.

For example take our assassins they probably have a lot of experience sneaking in close to people and knifing them. We could have given them the sniper rifles but then they wouldn't really be sneaking close anymore. A good part of that skillset would have lost value. We'd be transforming the unit more than upgrading it in a lot of ways.

Though if our advisors think we should choose otherwise I'd like to hear their arguments.

Though if our advisors think we should choose otherwise I'd like to hear their arguments.
Their arguments in favor of arming up the elites are a bit all over the place and quite a few of them are kind-of selfish in their own way. You managed to boil it all down to a few distant general categories however:

1.) "The elite warriors of our group have the most battlefield experience and knows how to destroy the enemy efficiently; arm them and see how well they can terrorize the enemy!" (Fair reason, although a bit on-the-nose elitist in your opinion)

2.) "The elite warriors need to have the best equipment, otherwise their effectiveness might be lessened in the face of the changing tide of the battlefield." (Fair concern, since firearms can kill far better than a sword in many situations and can render the average or elite swordsman obsolete. Just ask Indiana Jones. Although this reason seemed to be a bit elitist as well.)

3.) "We want to play with the new toys!" (The most selfish reason that you hear regarding the issue and unfortunately, one of the most common ones as well. Justified, since firing the firearms tend to induce a feeling of overwhelming strength, confidence, bravado, awe, and nigh-organismic ecstasy in its users, especially to the Bunnies. Fortunately, Georgia was very effective in making sure such feelings were stamped out so they wouldn't compromise your troops effectiveness on the battlefield.)

I agree, it's easier to train a newbie than someone with a lot of old habits.
I think we'll eventually change most of the troops to guns anyways

Last edited:
Their arguments in favor of arming up the elites are a bit all over the place and quite a few of them are kind-of selfish in their own way. You managed to boil it all down to a few distant general categories however:

1.) "The elite warriors of our group have the most battlefield experience and knows how to destroy the enemy efficiently; arm them and see how well they can terrorize the enemy!" (Fair reason, although a bit on-the-nose elitist in your opinion)

Yeah, this was the main counter consideration with regards to arming lower tier units first. A experienced unit probably will tend to have more general experience and discipline that will remain valuable even after conversion.

2.) "The elite warriors need to have the best equipment, otherwise their effectiveness might be lessened in the face of the changing tide of the battlefield." (Fair concern, since firearms can kill far better than a sword in many situations and can render the average or elite swordsman obsolete. Just ask Indiana Jones. Although this reason seemed to be a bit elitist as well.)

An argument for arming them with guns sure but less of an argument for arming them first.

3.) "We want to play with the new toys!" (The most selfish reason that you hear regarding the issue and unfortunately, one of the most common ones as well. Justified, since firing the firearms tend to induce a feeling of overwhelming strength, confidence, bravado, awe, and nigh-organismic ecstasy in its users, especially to the Bunnies. Fortunately, Georgia was very effective in making sure such feelings were stamped out so they wouldn't compromise your troops effectiveness on the battlefield.)

... Fun and games will have to wait a bit.

I agree, it's easier to train a newbie than someone with a lot of old habits.
I think we'll eventually change most of the troops to guns anyways

Hmm... While I get the idea behind this we may need to remember that this is not Earth. The range of potential threats and counters may be broader. Guns may prove ineffective against certain kinds of enemies or certain abilities.

Suppose there are some kind undead creatures that need to be ripped to bits to destroy them. Guns could very well not be the best choice to fight such creatures. And while obviously explosives could do the job those aren't what you arm general troops with. And against an enemy like that big axe may be better than a gun.

Another problem could be magic. If our enemies notice we are exclusively using guns but figure out some spell to counter them we could be in big trouble. Some kind of bullet ward or something would leave our army scrambling for a solution.

Long story short, there may be value in maintaining some diversity here. Certainly use guns as a substantial part of our strategy but we may want to keep other options open.

Back