It's all on your head.
Darkness, all around me was only darkness.

"I fail."

I was on my knees, my hands on the ground.

"I'm sorry."

Though, it didn't mean much in this dark place.

"I fail again."

I was just… a failure.

"Tsk! Pathetic!" Someone yell.

"Huh?" I raise my head to see who else was here, only to fall on my ass in shock, it was another me!?

"So, that's it? You're just going to give up?"

It was me without doubt, same clothes, same voice, same face, the only difference was the hair, he has golden hair.

"Well? Answer me!"

"I… I can't win," I finally said.

He only narrows his eyes, "So? That's your reason? You're going to lose, so why even try?"

"I tried! No only now but many other times in the past!" I yell, I was getting tired of his accusations, "With the Androids! With Majin Buu! I tried my best and failed!"

"So you finally give up?" He asks one more time.

"…"

"Answer me!"

"I… can't fight anymore…"

"Why?" This time his tone was more calm.

"I… I don't know."

The other me just stares in my direction a few seconds more before talking again, "You lack a reason."

"Huh?"

"Do you remember what Mister Krillin asked you many years ago? Your reason to train, your reason to fight?" He suddenly asks.

"Yeah."

"Do you remember your answer?"

"I said… 'I don't know'"

"That's what you lack," He explains with a serious look on his face, "That's why you can reach the next level, tell me why do you train?"

I don't have an answer for that. Since I was little, everyone around me was a fighter of some kind, people were always training, always fighting, I never thought, why.

"It's for power? Do you simply want to become stronger for the sake of it?" He asks.

"I… I don't know," I whisper.

"It's for pride? Do you feel inferior and want to proof your value?" He asks again.

"I don't know," I answer again, I little stronger.

"It's for fun? Do you enjoy the thought of fighting stronger and stronger opponents?"

"I don't know!"

"It's for your family!? Do you wish to protect them and kept them safe!?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"…"

"…"

"Tell me, Saiyan, what makes your heart beat, why do you fight?" He asks, one final time.

[] For Power
[] For Pride
[] For Fun
[] For Family

----------
AN: Think well your answer~

Back