ROB wants something of yours and is willing to trade for it

What will you let ROB take?

• Total voters
No, they do not burn calories.
Telekinesis then, I don't want to turn into a floating tub of lard because I fly everywhere on free energy and hiking is my exercise of choice. Guess my first step is to try and see if I can make 'arms' out of bandage rolls or something through applied telekinesis, 'cuz that would be pretty cool.

Wait, so what happens if I pick arms, and then get someone to drive a car at me, and then pull them forward a little bit? Like, that would count as making myself move indirectly with my powers. So...what happens? Does the car stop...or do I just...not move when it hits me? or what? Going by spirit of the rules, I guess it only if I attempt to use my powers with the intent to move myself, or something. But...still doesn't really answer the question, if I honestly attempt to move myself by a similar method.

Other question: can ROB take my limbs and just give me the perfect copied fake ones? Nobody else in this cosmology has ever noticed 'metaphysical scent' before in a way that matters.

I guess I'm going for arms, then. I wouldn't mind having a cool prosthetic in ten, twentyish years, and in that case omnipotent-being-fiat telekinesis seems pretty great. Does the telekinesis have any kinda feedback sensation? I don't know how fine control could be without that.

I'm probably going to go with the arms then, but I have one more question.

Can it be used to type directly by telekinetically pushing the buttons on a keyboard, or would you have to manipulate something else and have that object push them?
TK-typing is viable. You just need to look at the keyboard.

Fly, because I'm a lazy bastard. I like my hands much more, and I don't have a reason to throw around cars or make bulletproof shields of energy.

My legs are a bit bad... but not so bad that flying is too attractive. On the other hand, loss of legs is easier to deal with nowadays, what with prosthetics and all.

Artificial arms aren't really as good yet, especially if you lose both arms. Still, TK with the strength and control mentioned by the OP is just too versatile. I would have to take that.

Question for the OP: I know I can't use TK to myself directly to move around. But what if I was on a wheel chair? Could I apply TK on it's wheels to move me around? How about a cart? Could I stand on a surfboard and move the board (with me on it) with my TK?

My legs are a bit bad... but not so bad that flying is too attractive. On the other hand, loss of legs is easier to deal with nowadays, what with prosthetics and all.

Artificial arms aren't really as good yet, especially if you lose both arms. Still, TK with the strength and control mentioned by the OP is just too versatile. I would have to take that.

Question for the OP: I know I can't use TK to myself directly to move around. But what if I was on a wheel chair? Could I apply TK on it's wheels to move me around? How about a cart? Could I stand on a surfboard and move the board (with me on it) with my TK?
You can use TK to move on the ground. You can't use it to fly.

You can use TK to move on the ground. You can't use it to fly.

Sweet.. but really, I'm not lame or anything. Just obese and out of shape enough that walking for long periods can be a pain.. which was a far cry from when I was younger, and walked a lot.

Still, I don't see the TK helping me get in condition again. Just the opposite, in fact... :(

I will still definitely take it, though. The strength to move five tons against earth's gravity? Divided to however many objects I can perceive? That's better than arms, really.

Arms. Given by OP fiat the control as as good as you can perceive, I can keep my music up just fine. No legs would be an issue as my job involves driving other people. No head would be an issue both music and job related. And relationship related. Hell, just crap deal overall. Legs would be great if I didn't need them.

I'd take arm. TK able to lift up to five tons! That's amazing and the ability to split it among as many object as I can see? Even better.

Question: Is the splitting of TK limited in any way? For example: If each object I lift weighs about one ton, does that mean I can only lift five objects or I can lift as many as I can see as long as they weigh five tons or under?

Back