i cant remember, did tony stark actually patent the arc reactor, or is it up for graps
He did not patent the reactor, presumably because that would require him to tell people how it worked
However, it has been out in the public long enough that neither of us can patent it. Unless we make a "new and unique" version and patent THAT, but then we'd be patenting the new thing not the normal reactor.

@Tabula Rasa Sure, I can beta pretty okay, I do spend most of my time reading the English language after all.
6:39am edit, I'm likely only going to be up for a about an hour and a half more, but if you don't want to send a file you could send a google doc with comment permissions.

Last edited:
He did not patent the reactor, presumably because that would require him to tell people how it worked
However, it has been out in the public long enough that neither of us can patent it. Unless we make a "new and unique" version and patent THAT, but then we'd be patenting the new thing not the normal reactor.
well what the "common" people, i mean i dont think they have acces to clean energy arc energy, or the goverment, i mean, if we patant it, and sell it to the people, if stark then try to sue us, the poplic opinion will be massivly in our favor, cause stark is the one who has been sitting on a solution to globale warming for a while, and hasnt done anything

well what the "common" people, i mean i dont think they have acces to clean energy arc energy, or the goverment, i mean, if we patant it, and sell it to the people, if stark then try to sue us, the poplic opinion will be massivly in our favor, cause stark is the one who has been sitting on a solution to globale warming for a while, and hasnt done anything
No, we CAN'T patent it. Patent law, it's existence has been public knowledge for too long to be patented. Like, the Government would be happy if we tried, since to patent it we'd have to tell them how it works, but we wouldn't get it because it's now, kinda-sorta, public domain, no one can patent it.

As for if Arc Energy is a major energy source, that varies author to author. Sometimes Stark is single handedly powering all of NYC, and is working to expand (understandably, all the OTHER energy companies stand in his way). Sometimes not. It's comics, it's inconsistent, we'd have to get WoG if we want to be certain of what he's doing here. But, I'd ASSUME he is, in fact, powering a ton of shit with arc reactors. He can't completely overhaul the entire electrical grid, the existing power companies won't let him, but he's slowly expanding, giving out power for effectively free (not ACTUALLY free, still making tons of cash, just a lot less than it used to cost).

You know, I really want to get Charisma up to 10, and then have a DNA unlocking party or whatever. Invite Harry and the Charity over (I'm assuming Lisa will already be there) to see the results of Sam's DNA finally aligning.

This is a long ass hiatus
Hope this story doesnt die

now our boi HAS MONEEEEYYY, he can go full hero and show up snobby fucking spiderman

he can go full reed richards and start a factory to sell his inventions and make bank, does spiderman donate millions to charity? Sam barber the rich industrialist and hero can

he can go fucking tony stark on peters ass and show up that holier than thou jerk

Heck just start a super team with daredevil, the small times heroes always need money and sam can provide that now if he invests his money in selling his inventions, he can support so many small time heroes and become better tony stark, if every hospital buys 20 healing tanks how much money would that get! If every rich dude whos blind buys his glasses, if he sells his exo suits to the cops to fight villians

so much money

This is a long ass hiatus
Hope this story doesnt die

now our boi HAS MONEEEEYYY, he can go full hero and show up snobby fucking spiderman

he can go full reed richards and start a factory to sell his inventions and make bank, does spiderman donate millions to charity? Sam barber the rich industrialist and hero can

he can go fucking tony stark on peters ass and show up that holier than thou jerk

Heck just start a super team with daredevil, the small times heroes always need money and sam can provide that now if he invests his money in selling his inventions, he can support so many small time heroes and become better tony stark, if every hospital buys 20 healing tanks how much money would that get! If every rich dude whos blind buys his glasses, if he sells his exo suits to the cops to fight villians

so much money
He is on vacation for a week. Read his notices. He will be back Sunday.

Eh, seeing as he asked for a beta over a month ago, and hasn't posted an update yet, I figure his muse has just been attached to his other quest. It has been updating frequently for this entire period.

To my knowledge the QM hasn't declared this dead yet, and after a long hiatus recently started updating their other quest which is about to reach the end of a chapter, of sorts. So it's possible but by no means guaranteed that this quest may update.

Back