Rest(laf) When You're Dead (A Fallout Fanfiction)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

War.

War never changes.

In the year 1945, the great-great grandfathers of many Americans, serving in the Army, Navy and Marine Corps, wondered when they'd get to go home to see the loved ones that they left to fight for freedom and democracy.

They got their wish when the US ended the Second World War by dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The world awaited armageddon, instead, something miraculous happened: we began using atomic energy not as a weapon, but as a nearly limitless source of power.

People enjoyed luxuries once thought the realms of science fiction: domestic robots, fusion-powered cars, portable computers.

But then, in the 21st century, people awoke from the nuclear dream: years of wild consumption led to shortages of every major resource.

Now it is the Year of Our Lord Twenty Sixty-Six and the world is unraveling, peace is a distant memory: the Middle East is an atomic wasteland already, the European Commonwealth is engulfed in civil war, and the United States of America and the People's Republic of China are locked in a staring contest for the last resources on the north of the globe.

We stand of the brink of total war and I'm afraid.

For myself,
for my wife,
and for my homeland,
who is becoming a shadow of her former self each day that is passing.

The state of dirict is weaker than ever, rampant corruption is widespread, illegal and unethical experiments are happening behind the scenes, there is a megacorporation that is ready to end the world if that means that its investments pay off, and the foundational rights of the nations are torn to shreds by our own power-hungry leaders.

I'm Major General Martin Retslaf of the Army of These United States of America.

Let's see if I can fix this.
Back