Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

AN: I was inspired to write this after bingeing SovereignRex's brilliant Sailor Moon SI - I'm a...
Chapter 1: Waking Up To A Nightmare
AN: I was inspired to write this after bingeing SovereignRex's brilliant Sailor Moon SI - I'm a WHAT now? My Surprising New Job!. Check it out if you haven't, definitely worth a read.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 1: Waking Up To A Nightmare

I partly came to when I felt something poking at my side. However I'd always been a heavy sleeper. I batted away whatever was on the bed with me with a lazy arm and heard whatever it was hit the floor with a soft thud. Funny… this bed didn't feel quite like my own. Weird dream. Bundling up under the covers again I instantly fell back into a deep sleep.

It wasn't very long before something was poking at my side again, rousing me maybe ten percent from the very nice sleep I was having. Annoyed, I lashed out with my arm again, except much more violently this time. This time I heard something that sounded like a window breaking. Whatever. It was Saturday and I wasn't going to get up until the sun was too bright to stay in bed. Something about my body felt off. Weird dream. Turning over onto my back I almost instantly went deeply back into the land of Morpheus.

What felt like only moments later I heard a voice… in my head.

"I was holding off on telepathic communication until I could confirm the mental transfer went off without any issues. However since the risk of an error is minimal I decided it would be more prudent to speak to you. If you do not wake up soon the chances of you being discovered increase dramatically."

What…? Turning over on the bed I opened my eyes the barest of cracks. What I saw… was something I had never wanted to see outside of a television screen.

The unblinking red eyes of the devil held in a little white fluffy package were staring at me not even a foot from my face. Oh no. I was having a nightmare. That would teach me to binge my favorite magical girl series all in one day. Even though that had been… over a week ago. Weird. Oh well. My eyes felt heavy. Letting them fall shut I thought that it was a good thing the little devil in white would be gone when I woke up.

"I am not a devil. Though I suppose that depends entirely on you definition of the word. This is also not a dream. Please wake up. Your life could very well depend on it."

I ignored my nightmare as I quickly started falling back asleep.

"I see. Then you leave me no choice."

I felt something surprisingly warm and fluffy cover up my nose and mouth. I tried to ignore it but I didn't even last a minute until my body started loudly protesting the continued lack of oxygen. It wasn't too long until I just couldn't take it anymore. Suddenly jerking fully awake I sat up in bed gasping loudly for breath while batting away whatever had been smothering me. There was a loud crash as something hit what sounded like a piece of furniture but I was too busy getting my bearings to care.

The first thing I noticed in the dark room was… that it wasn't my room. What I had been sleeping on wasn't my own futon and this sure as hell wasn't my one bedroom apartment in San Antonio. In fact, with the tatami mats on the floor and the rice paper screens it looked like an apartment straight out of an anime.

Looking wildly around I noticed something else that was definitely… off. My body felt different. There was a weight that shouldn't be there. Looking down I saw that I had breasts. I blinked in confusion. I had breasts. Huh. They were big too if the amount of vision they obscured was anything to go by.

I thought I'd woken up but… obviously I was still dreaming. Because when I'd gone to sleep I'd been a 32 year old guy. There was no other reasonable explanation.

"Actually while your current situation is improbable it is by no means impossible."

I looked to where the "voice" was coming from. Sitting calmly next to a broken dresser, looking at me with unblinking eyes and a swishing tail was a creature of nightmares. I recognized it instantly. Kyubey… the most terrifying True Neutral magical "pet" that I'd ever heard of.

"Get up Rodriguez Alexander. The longer we dally the higher the chances that you will be found and killed by magical girls. We should get going. Don't worry, I'll tell you everything you need to know while we're on our way."

It was starting to sink in that maybe this was real. When that thought entered my mind my reaction was inevitable. My hands shot up, clawing jerkily at something invisible in the air before I opened my mouth and let out a high-pitched, girlish scream.

"GYAAAAAAAAAH~!"

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 2: There Are No Words For How Screwed I Am, Part I
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 2: There Are No Words For How Screwed I Am, Part I

"W-W-What is going on?!" I shrieked. I'd expected it to come out as a manly roar of confusion, anger and indignation. Instead it came out as an ear-splitting feminine shriek of confusion, anger and panic. I looked at my hands. They were much slimmer than my own with long, elegant, pale fingers.

"You've been brought here in order to eliminate the threat posed by a group of magical girls," the Bunnycat from Hell replied helpfully in my head. I just looked at the thing that was just sitting there by a busted up dresser, my eyes wide as saucers. Some distant part of me noted that I'd started hyperventilating.

"YOU did this to me?!" I demanded. I would have been more angry at the thing if I'd been cogent enough to feel anything other than shocked and overwhelmed.

"In part, but my role was rather small," the thing said in that same conversational monotone he was so well known for. "The energy necessary was provided by the will of Primordial Chaos."

I… understood the meaning of the words, I suppose, but I think in that moment my mind decided to shut down the part of my brain that would process that information for the sake of my sanity. Instead of continuing into that tailspin of freaking out in panic I instead decided to focus on something that, in comparison at least, was less likely to completely break my psyche in the short term.

I stood up from the bed, noticing the weights on my chest and the different shape of my hips. Idly I noted that I was completely naked but at this point that barely registered in my mind. Moving as if on autopilot my feet took me straight into the tiny bathroom of the apartment.

I stopped in front of the mirror and looked up. Staring back at me was an anime cliché. I was tall for a girl, with eyes the color of fresh spilt blood and hair that was as white as driven snow. My body was somewhere in her late teens, with large perky breasts that were almost gratuitous, a flat stomach and a figure that most supermodels would kill for. My skin was so pale I could have easily passed for a vampire and was completely unmarred everywhere I could see. The face reflected at me in the mirror was cold and haughty, with lips that seemed to naturally settle into a cruel upward turn.

I knew how this worked. Big chested as opposed to having more modest breasts? Check. Naturally looking "hot" or "sultry" as opposed to "cute"? Check. Pale and naturally creepy? Check. Female? Check. At least a little bit older than most magical girls? Check.

"You brought me here to be a villain in a magical girl show," I murmured as I stared at the stranger looking at me coldly in the mirror. This new face managed to look like it was looking down on me even when inside all I was really feeling was numb shellshock.

"That is incorrect. While there are magical girl shows here, the magical girls you will be facing up against are very much real." He paused before continuing. "Also 'villain' is just a matter of perspective. Since they will try to kill you once they discover your nature you would be quite justified in thinking of them as the 'villains' in this case."

"My… nature…?"

My question was interrupted by a sudden loud, gurgling sound. Suddenly in my midsection there was pain. I bent over cradling my stomach. All of a sudden it felt like my insides were trying to eat themselves. In fact it felt like every part of me was stretched thin, insubstantial, like a taut string that could snap if I went just a little too far and applied a little too much pressure. How had I not noticed this before?! I'd never suffered starvation in my life but if I did it would probably feel something like this… except this felt like it went through every aspect of my being, not just my body!

"W-What's going on?" I asked. I knew instinctively that I was hungry, that I needed to eat, but for some reason the thought of food was unappetizing and even revolting in that moment. What the hell? That didn't make any sense!

"This is part of the reason why I woke you," Kyubey said. "The original body was consumed to craft this new one, but it was necessary to leave it low on energy reserves when it was created. In order to sustain yourself and avoid detection you will need to feed. And soon."

Oh God.
He was not joking. I could have eaten an entire buffet in that moment, except the thought of even touching the food in a buffet was making me feel even more violently ill. My body didn't want that. But what did it want?

A chill went through by body as a thought occurred to me.

"Kyubey," I said slowly. "What… exactly … does this body need to eat in order to survive?"

"We designed it to feed on the highest quality energy sources available. Your new body feeds on humans, of course."

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 3: Evil Is As Evil Does
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 3: Evil Is As Evil Does

Humans, he says. Of course it would be that, he says, I thought to myself as I felt my insides chill at the little stuffed nightmare's words. Because what else would it be?

As my insides continued to try to eat themselves I tried to think back to what I knew about these types of situations hoping that somehow this wasn't as bad as it sounded. In ninety nine percent of all the magical girl shows when the m-monsters preyed on people it was by means of sucking out their life force, or their positive emotions, or their happy memories, or something of the sort. Only after prolonged exposure would any victims in those shows actually be at risk of dying. Maybe… maybe it would be the same here?

"Kyubey," I asked the Incubator that had oh-so helpfully jumped onto the counter of the bathroom where I was currently clutching my stomach in agony. "By humans you mean… I mean… do I, uh… I eat their emotions or something right…?"

The incubator tilted his head to the side. No, I refused to think that was cute. "That is correct. You do consume human emotions for sustenance, both positive and negative."

I stared at the thing sitting in front of me. So… maybe the one good thing about Incubators was the fact that they had always been shown to be unable to lie. Of course that didn't mean they couldn't leave things out, which they often did. I started to think through the possible loopholes when a severe cramp in my stomach made me bend over almost in half. I couldn't help but let out a girlish whimper of pain.

Damn it. This wasn't a good condition in which to be dealing with an amoral manipulative little alien! "So," I said in between pained pants, "is it possible for me to feed without killing someone?" That was of course the million dollar question.

"Yes. While more difficult and far less efficient, it is in fact possible," the creature said while swishing its tail. "Though I can't imagine many scenarios where you would wish to do so."

Relief flooded over me and I sagged onto the floor. It sounded like I would be able to do something about this gnawing, awful hunger without having to murder anyone in cold blood. That was great. If I didn't actually have to kill people then maybe others wouldn't think I'm a monster. Maybe whoever these magical girls are might be willing to talk to me and maybe… maybe they could return me to my old body. Maybe even my old life.

"Seeking out these magical girls would be extremely foolish. Also returning you to your old body is impossible."

I glared at the bunny-rat, only now realizing that the stupid thing had been reading my thoughts. There had to be something I could do about that. Looking inside I managed to feel the... psychic link that was connecting the two of us together. Just to prove that I could I viciously squashed it. The connection broke and suddenly the Incubator's presence in my head, which I hadn't noticed before, vanished. I closed my eyes. Good. It felt nice to at least have that much control.

However almost instantly I felt a pressure in my head which I instinctively knew was someone trying to link with me telepathically. I gave the Incubator a dirty look before connecting with him with a resigned sigh. As much as I hated the thing, as much at it had admitted to being at least partly responsible for my current situation… at the moment I literally had no other way to figure out what was going on and where I was going to go from here.

"If you are quite finished, I searched the area a little while ago and took the liberty of making some preparations," the bunny-rat said in my head. "I've found an ideal human for you to feed on with minimal risk of detection."

~ooOO0OOoo~

What choice did I have really? Half delirious with a deep spirit-crushing hunger I followed Kyubey out of the apartment. I tried really hard not to think about just where we were headed but predictably it turned out that was all I could think about.

At least I had the presence of mind to scrounge around for some clothes before I left the apartment. I ended up finding a black turtleneck with black stretchy jeans and black flats. I frowned at the stock mahou shoujo villain outfit before putting it on. It was with mixed feelings that I failed to find any bra or underwear. However I was hurting too much to really worry about it and quickly exited the apartment in search of something to quell my hunger.

The trip as I followed the little white rat through the night was something of a blur. Looking around it was clear that I wasn't in America anymore. Vaguely I noted it looked like the Japan I had seen in television and anime. However the soul-deep aching I felt inside kept me from doing much other than putting one foot in front of the other.

Eventually Kyubey led me down a series of twisting alleys. The further we went the darker and less hospitable our surroundings seemed to get. After some indeterminate amount of time however we finally arrived at our destination.

Laying there not twenty feet in front of me was a dark shape I couldn't make out. Straining to see better suddenly it felt like my eyes shifted somehow. Suddenly the dark alley was almost as light as day in a washed-out greyscale sort of way. The bundle on the ground in contrast seemed to glow faintly blue. The shapes came into focus and I realized with a start that the bundle on the floor was a person. A middle aged woman to be precise.

My nostrils flared and the scent of the human hit my nose. My mouth watered and it took every ounce of willpower that I had not to cross the distance between us and pounce on her like a rabid beast. So much life, so much emotion, so much warmth… I could feel it and I wanted nothing more in the world than to have it inside of me…

I'd taken two steps before I realized what I was doing. In a panic I forced my body to freeze. Kyubey stood close by, watching me with those unblinking eyes but saying nothing.

"How-how do I," I began before swallowing, my control strained to the breaking point. "How do I… feed…?" WhyholdbacktakeeverythingtakeitallitwouldfeelsoogoodohGodohGodohGod.

Kyubey's tail flicked back and forth like lazy feline, his voice coming out in the same emotionless voice that he used to talk about the weather or about global genocide. "Physical contact is all that is required. Your built in instincts will take care of the rest."

Yes. Yes. It felt like my insides wanted to crawl right out of my skin. I wanted to touchconsume that sweet warmth so badly. I licked my dry lips, crossing my arms over my breasts as if to hold myself back from sprinting forward. "And… I can feed on the emotions… without k-killing her… right?"

"Yes. That should be well within your new body's capabilities."

So… okay… yes. I could do this why should I hold back. No. I could do this. I wasn't about to become a killer. I wasn't about to let Kyubey turn me into that.

I took a step forward.

As I approached the woman in the weird grayscale enhanced vision I noticed things I hadn't before. She looked homeless and was cradling an empty bottle of what smelled like alcohol. Completely passed out. Easy pickings, like picking up fruit that had fallen from the tree. Reaching out with my senses I could feel her emotions somehow. Troubled and depressed and resigned to her lot in life. I licked my lips hungrily. All of it, all of her, could fill the horrible aching emptiness I could feel growing inside.

I crouched down in front of her careful to avoid getting my clothes dirty. With a shaking, trembling hand I reached forward. It was almost an impossible task but my fear of what I might do kept me reaching out and grabbing her face with both hands. Instead I somehow managed to reach forward and only touch her cheek with only the tips of my fingers.

That was when everything went wrong.

It happened all at once. My fingers that were in contact with her face spasmed and lengthened, the tips turning into tentacles that dug into the homeless woman's face. I stared opened mouth shock as the rest of my arm and forearm exploded a half heartbeat later, numerous tendrils made of black and red flesh shooting forth and digging into the woman's head with cruel hooks and voracious purpose. The worst part was that I couldn't stop it. Once the feeding started I literally could not stop...and by all that was holy once I started feeding I'm not sure I wanted to.

Almost instantly all the feeder tendrils began to dissolve her flesh and absorb her, the feeling one of absolute bliss after the pain and emptiness I'd been forced to endure. My whole arm opened up like some kind of carnivorous flower, full of blades and hungry tendrils, wrapping around the woman's shoulders and pulling her in. I could feel it all as I consumed her. Her emotions, both good and bad but oh so strong. Her life force, weakened as it was through a self-destructive lifestyle was a thousand different exotic flavors I experienced with every facet of my being. Her flesh, broken down and dissolved, filling me up deliciously and adding to my own biomass. All of these things put together filled every part of me in ways I can't even begin to put into words.

Consuming her after having been literally starving was bliss.

And then the memories started.

My name had been Miyako Kadena and I had come from a poor family in the county. My passions had always been crochet but there was no way something like that would be enough to make a living in the country and her parents desperately needed some financial assistance. She moved to the city in her late teens to work as a maid. That was when she met her husband, Takeda. They were lower class but happily married for fifteen years while she spent what little spare money she had making beautiful, elaborate crochet pieces for all my friends and neighbors. Everything was fine except for one thing… I was infertile. Even though he didn't want to Takeda eventually left me under pressure from his family. That was when Miyako turned to the bottle and she had been living on the streets for the past seven years. Life had turned her hard and cynical from the carefree and happy person she used to be.

I fell to my hands and knees, nothing left of Miyako Kadena except a few red spots on the floor. My arm had reverted back to its original, pristine, pale and elegant self. I looked at my hand. My sleeve had been ruined but there was nothing else to show for what had happened.

"Y-you lied to me," I murmured quietly.

"I did not. I am incapable of it. Everything you asked I answered truthfully."

I'm not sure why but Kyubey's blithe reply was what finally caused my control to snap. In an instant I was on my feet. With a scream of rage I stepped forward and kicked Kyubey as hard as I could. The white rat went flying like a cannon ball, hitting a wall and literally exploding in a shower of white fur and gore.

I looked at the red mess that used to be Kyubey with my mouth open in shock. I… guess this body was little bit supernaturally strong, huh? However my surprise was short lived before the events that had just transpired hit me again with their full force. I felt my eyes tearing up. I had just killed somebody. And consumed them. And I'd liked it.

I sat down against the wall of the alley, put down my head, hugged my knees and cried.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 4: My New Devilish Identity
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 4: My New Devilish Identity

So my reactions were more or less what you would expect as I sat there in that dirty alley. I cried. I screamed. I loudly swore about how unfair it all was. I prayed for anyone to help me, before thinking better of it. I punched the ground, surprising myself by breaking some of the pavement. Eventually however I simply wore myself out and just hugged myself, miserable and after a while drifting off lightly into a troubled sleep.

When I woke up it was to the first rays of light of the day making their way into the alley and to the sound of an odd, wet crunching sound. When I opened my eyes it was only to see Kyubey, now decked out in a new body, walking around eating up all the pieces of his last body that I'd kick-sploded. My eyes narrowed. Of course it wasn't dead. And as much as I hated the little rat, the sad truth was that I needed him. He might be a manipulator and a liar but the stupid bunny-rat was the only way I was going to be getting any answers right now. Once I was a little more informed… then maybe I could start figuring out what the heck I was going to do next.

One question was most pressing in my mind at that moment however. "Kyubey," I asked quietly. "What am I?"

There was silence for a few seconds before he replied. "I assume you mean your new body. It is a new experiment combining a cutting edge bioweapon that my race managed to acquire fused together with Chaos magic and the flesh of a Yoma."

"So I'm a Yoma now?" I asked, disheartened. Yoma was a catchall phrase that basically just meant "monster". Whatever the specifics though they tended to prey on humans and, more importantly, were definitely not human.

"Not exactly," said Kyubey as he was now licking the last slurry bits of gore off the pavement. Yuck. "New methods are being tried. The problem with Yoma and other creatures made up of dark magics is that magical girls have become quite adept at tracking them down and eliminating them. You are only a small part Yoma, with the larger parts being both human and bioweapon."

I blinked slowly as I processed that. "So I'm still… part… human?"

"Yes."

I let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding. It was a small thing but somehow still being at least a little human… like I said, it was small, and maybe it shouldn't have, but it did make me feel at least a tiny bit better.

"Not that I don't like it this way, but why did you even decide to keep this body part human?"

"The bioweapon is incapable of utilizing magic. Making you too much Yoma would defeat the purpose of a stealth body. Human is the only other creature in this dimension that can utilize magic while at the same time going easily unnoticed. Hence, part human body."

That both answered my question and raised a whole bunch more. Not that I was going to take anything that Kyubey said at face value anymore. Not until I'd had the chance to at least think about things from every possible angle and ask (maybe literally) a million questions. At least he can't outright lie but… relying on that had just bit me in the ass, hadn't it?

Memories of Miyako popped up to the surface. I quieted them with an ease I found disturbing.

Before I could think of anything else to ask Kyubey finished his "meal" and turned to face me. "I have arranged for lodgings and a legal identity for you. I'll take you there now if that's all right."

I bit my lip, debating it briefly. It wasn't a very hard decision. I didn't really want to start sleeping on the streets. It wouldn't help any, even if the self-flagellation might have made me feel a little better. Also an identity… if I was going to be stuck here for any amount of time such a thing was pretty much a necessity. With a nod I made my way to my feet.

When I looked down Kyubey was less than a foot in front of me, looking up at me with those red, dead eyes.

"What?" I asked it suspiciously.

"… Carry me?"

"LIKE HELL!"

"Sadly, I suspected as much," the thing said shaking its head, before turning and walking away down the alley. "If you're going to be unreasonable then I suppose I'll just have to lead you there by foot."

I resisted the urge to make another display of modern art on the walls with Incubator guts before sticking my hands in my pockets and following after it, grumbling all the way.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Soon after I started following Kyubey my emotions seemed to shut down. It had gotten to the point where the horror of killing and consuming someone… I'd gone around the bend in the emotional spectrum back to numb. I just walked with my head down as I followed Kyubey as if I were on autopilot.

I knew I shouldn't be wasting time. If I was smart I'd be milking Kyubey for information the whole time we were walking. There were literally dozens of things I wanted answers to regarding this surreal, insane, completely unbelievable craptastic situation I suddenly found myself in. But I couldn't make myself get started. I was simply too emotionally numb.

We'd been walking for over an hour when my brain finally rebooted enough to start asking questions. There had been so many hints in all the things Kyubey had said about a larger picture here. So many things I needed to follow up on – and I had a feeling I should probably do it sooner rather than later, for my own survival's sake if nothing else. However there was one question burning in my mind that I absolutely had to have an answer to.

"Why?"

Kyubey looked at me but kept on walking. "Why what?"

"Why was I brought here?" I said, sighing and pushing my long white hair out of my face. It felt so strange. I'd kept my hair cropped close to my scalp for years.

"I told you. We need you to resolve a serious magical girl problem."

"Yes, so you said," I said, not being able to resist snarking a little. "That, however, is wholly unspecific and uninformative. How do you expect me to even do something like that for starters? What, am I supposed to just find these girls and then just punch them in the face until they stop moving?" In that moment I had a very vivid mental image of me as the monster of the week, attacking a group of magical girls by myself before being promptly blasted into oblivion for my troubles. I shivered slightly at the mental imagery. With what I now knew about my new body, I wouldn't exactly blame them.

"That would be an extremely poor way to go about it."

"No kidding? I wouldn't have figured that out on my own. Are you going to answer my question or are you going to evade and beat around the bush like you seem so fond of doing?"

Kyubey went quiet for a moment before replying.

"You must gather a team of four other magical girls empowered by the magics of Chaos. They will each in turn awaken the hidden Chaotic potential that now lies within you. You, Rodriguez Alexander, will then become the most powerful magical girl of the entire team as well as their leader once you achieve your final form. Only then will the will of Primordial Chaos be able to manifest through you into this world. Only together will you have a chance to eliminate the insidious magical girl threat that lives in this city."

My first response wasn't really what I would have chosen but it just came out.

"But I'm a guy!" I insisted, uncomfortably aware of how high pitched my voice was now compared to what it had been.

Kyubey gave me a look that, if I didn't know any better, might have been his way of telling me I was an idiot. "You can call yourself whatever you like Rodriguez Alexander. However the body you have now is one hundred percent female. It is perfectly suited to hold the powers of a magical girl of Chaos."

Damn it… just… damn it. "At least call me Alex," I murmured sulkily. "It's irritating to hear you using my whole name."

"Very well Alex. As a bonus that name is gender neutral. It should work better than Alexander now that you're a female."

Was… was Kyubey deliberately being a dick for the sake of being a dick just then? I would say I wasn't surprised but…

"We are close to our destination. It is the large building directly ahead of us."

I'd been walking with my eyes firmly on the pavement so when I looked up I was surprised as to where I found myself. I was somewhere downtown in the middle of what was obviously the business district of a large and wealthy city. It was the early morning so I could only guess it was Sunday since the street only had a smattering of people with business suits about instead of being an ocean of salarymen like you would expect in Japan.

The building directly in front of us was easily the largest one visible in the downtown area. Looking up I saw it was enormous, taking up a whole block and being over a hundred stories tall. The outside of the building looked very modern compared to all the other buildings around it and was made entirely of a black reflective glass. There was a large elaborate sign by the front steps that announced what company the building belonged to.

"Koakuma Heavy Industries…?" I murmured with confusion. I thought we'd be going to a residential area. What were we doing at some swanky corporate building downtown?

My perplexion didn't ease as Kyubey led me right through the front door. I was suddenly self-conscious as I saw a few people in business suits and a few security guards glance in my direction. Hurriedly I switched to mental communication with Kyubey and pushed my thoughts at him.

"Kyubey! What the heck are we doing here?"

"The owners of Koakuma Heavy Industries along with their only daughter were killed a month ago in a plane crash. We managed to recover the daughter's body and use it as a template for your new one. You are now the sole heir to Koakuma Heavy Industries."

I made a strangled noise in my throat at hearing that. With increasing nervousness I noticed that we were drawing more and more attention. Or well I was since Kyubey was invisible to regular people.

"How? Why?" Then a thought occurred to me. "Wait. My name is Koakuma? What the hell Kyubey?!"

He turned to look at me as he continued to lead us across the lobby. "Is there a problem with the name?"

"Yes!"
I thought at him, fuming. "I'm supposed to stay anonymous and hidden from magical girls and you pick a name for me that has 'Akuma' in it?"

"I don't see the problem."

Ugh, how I hated that rat! Looking around nervously it seemed that at least half the people in the room were looking at me now. I was getting really uncomfortable with all the stares. In fact they were really, really putting me on edge. "What's my first name before people start asking questions?"

"Yami. Your full name is Koakuma Yami."

I froze and stared at the rat in front of me. Kyubey turned around when he sensed me stop and sat down to stare at me, tilting his head to one side.

"Is there a problem?"

I grit my teeth and squeezed my fists until my knuckles popped. "I'm supposed to be hiding from magical girls, staying hidden from them, where my LIFE depends on it… and you pick a name that literally means 'Little Demon of Darkness'?!"

The bunny-cat tilted his head to the other side. "I don't see the problem."

I snapped.

I blamed the stress.

"You couldn't have picked a more evil name if you tried YOU STUPID WHITE FURBALL!"

For the second time in the same day I kicked Kyubey in a desperate rage. And for the second time in the same day he hit a wall and exploded in a messy spray of guts and white bits of fur. I cringed when I saw a woman standing near the impact zone get coated in a spray of blood and ichor. Ah. If magic prevented her from seeing it then it was like it wasn't even there… right?

Either way kicking the bunny-rat had been extremely satisfying. Both times, if I was being honest.

Only a few seconds after I had killed Kyubey for the second time did I realize I'd shouted those last three words at him instead of thinking them. It was also then that I realized that every single person in the gigantic corporate lobby had stopped to stare at me. I could feel my cheeks redden as I desperately tried to come up with some excuse that didn't make me sound like an unstable crazy person.

That's when the murmuring started.

"Is that… Koakuma-sama?"

"Is it really her?"

"… Yami-sama… is Yami-sama back from the dead…"

"Yami-sama."

"Yami-sama?"

"Koakuma Yami is back from the dead!"

"Where is Matsumoto-san? Get him!"

"Call the lawyers!"

"Yami-sama~!"

… Yeah. It didn't seem like things were going to start getting any less surreal anytime soon.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 5: There Are No Words For How Screwed I Am, Part II
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 5: There Are No Words For How Screwed I Am, Part II

Within moments I was swarmed with people, men and women in business suits, all of them surrounding me and seemingly all of them calling out my new name all at once. I kept turning and looking around trying to keep an eye on everyone, instinctively feeling threatened. Some part of me urged me to lash out but I reigned those impulses in. Thankfully, either because of Japanese customs or because they respected "me" personally, the people crowding all around me were giving me a good deal of space. However I still felt exposed, uncomfortable and unpleasantly vulnerable being hemmed in by a bunch of suits I didn't know.

I think a few of them might have been brave enough to ask me a few questions but in the din of everyone talking at once it was easy to pretend I couldn't hear them. There were even a few flashes of cameras as some people decided to take my picture. I was seriously starting to consider breaking through the crowd and making a dash for freedom when a deep manly voice cut over all the chatter.

"Move you fools. Move! Move or I'll have you shot. Shot I say! And then I'll fire you. Move out of the way!"

People panicked and scrambled to make way as a large man forced himself through the crowd. When he entered the little circle I had been trapped in I finally got a good look at him. I was pretty tall for a Japanese girl, but this man was very tall for a Japanese man, having to be at least 190 centimeters tall. He was broad shouldered and wore an impeccable three piece Victorian style suit complete with pristine white gloves. He had long hair that had gone completely silver tied back in a ponytail and wore an honest-to-God monocle. When his eyes fell on me his face told me this man was having a hard time keeping his composure.

I heard various hushed whispers of "Matsumoto-san" in the crowd as the I gaped at the new arrival openly. Everyone quieted to see what would happen next. Somehow I got the impression that everyone was waiting for the verdict of this man… whoever he was.

The man looked me up and down, his lower lip quivering in a way that made me feel distinctly awkward. I'd thought to myself that I was ready for anything. Almost immediately I was proven wrong as the man's composure finally broke and he rushed over to me, embracing me in a huge bone crushing hug and causing me to let out yelp of surprise. I could hear the distinct sound of "Awwww" coming from some of the members of the crowd.

"Y-Yami-sama!" the man said, full of emotion as he embraced me to his chest. "When they never found your body I'd hoped – we'd hoped against all hope that you'd somehow survived. I'm ashamed to admit I'd almost given up in despair. But now you're here! It's a miracle!"

I heard enthusiastic approval from the crowd and all of a sudden all of them started clapping and cheering. I'd never been so flustered and embarrassed in my entire life. As gently as I could I pried the very emotional man off of me.

He let me go graciously before holding me at arm's length by the shoulders like a concerned uncle. "It is wonderful to have you back Yami-sama. Koakuma Heavy Industries just wouldn't be the same without a Koakuma ready to take the helm."

"T-thanks," I said to him awkwardly. And because I've occasionally been known to say the worst thing at the worst time without thinking, my mouth went off before I could think better of it. "Who are you again?"

The man's face went to an almost comical expression of shock before he hung his head down, an almost palpable aura of depression suddenly radiating off of him. The whole crowd around me went silent and I realized that I'd very much said the wrong thing. I'd sorta just given away that I didn't know things that Koakuma Yami should know… and to a room full of the company's employees no less!

Way to go, me. Great job, I thought to myself with a wince.

"Yami-sama," the man said to me tearfully. Damn it, now I really felt like a heel! "I'm Matsumoto Goro. I've worked for your parents since before you were born. I've been your caretaker and handled all your personal affairs since you were six years old. How could you not remember me?"

Crap. How do I get out of here? Looking around I didn't want to announce any more of my ignorance in front of all these people. Thinking quickly I crossed one of my arms under my breasts and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm sorry Goro-san. I've… had a very difficult time of things recently. I'd really appreciate it if you could take me somewhere where I can rest."

My request seemed to almost instantly snap him out of his melancholy. His tearfully expression was replaced by an almost fanatically determined glint in his eye. "Of course, Yami-sama," he said to me with a deep bow. Then he turned crisply on his heel and addressed the crowd. "Out of the way, you fools! Move! Make way for Yami-sama!"

With a lot of whispered muttering the crowd nevertheless obediently made a hole. Goro turned as if to graciously offer to let me walk ahead before thinking better of it and taking the lead instead. I followed behind him, for some reason feeling compelled to walk with my chin held high and with a haughty expression on my face to match the insanely privileged and wealthy heiress I was supposed to be. If nothing else at that would raise fewer questions than simply following after Goro meekly like I was tempted to do.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Goro led me out of the crowd, into the building and eventually to what looked like a private elevator. He used a key to get it to open and then used a different key along with long password on a keypad before pushing the button that said "penthouse". Now I had an idea of why Kyubey had brought me here first. It looked like the Koakuma's had lived on the top floor of their building. What else didn't I know that I probably should know, especially if I didn't want to arouse more suspicion?

For a moment I almost wish I hadn't kick-sploded Kyubey a second time. He could no doubt be telling me whatever I needed to know to pass myself off as Koakuma Yami much more convincingly. Then again on second thought it was hard to really regret doing something that the bunny-cat so richly deserved. Inter-dimensional kidnapping prick.

"Yami-sama," Goro began delicately, looking at me concernedly out of the corner of his eye. "About what happened downstairs. Is there… anything you would like to tell me…?"

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. I felt really bad. Obviously Matsumoto Goro had really cared about Koakuma Yami. I really, really hoped the plane crash had been an accident and that Kyubey hadn't "arranged" for it to happen.

There was no way I could pretend to be the old Koakuma Yami. Might as well own up to it now. "Since the accident I've… been having some problems with my memories," I said quietly, trying to squash my feelings of guilt for lying to the man. "Not with making new ones. Just everything from before… a lot of it is missing. And a lot of it seems to be all jumbled up."

My "confession" seemed to inject purpose into the man. "I see," he said, somehow becoming both solem and energetic at the same time. "Then I'll discreetly find the finest experts in the field and have them here this very day. Don't worry Yami-sama, if anything can be done it will be done, you have my absolute word. It's what your parents would have expected. We'll also need to arrange to get you checked out by your physician right away, as well as arranging an emergency meeting with your legal council, and-"

"Goro-san," I said, gently cutting him off. "I really… appreciate the concern. Really I do. But… can we hold off on all that stuff until tomorrow? Today I just really want to rest."

I looked at him. I knew my new body and new face weren't cut out for puppy eyes. The beauty of my new face was too cold and too unforgiving for that, like the beauty of a harsh frozen tundra. However I tried to convey how much it would mean to me and how much I really needed this through my eyes anyway.

Goro was clearly very reluctant and very obviously had a deep internal battle before letting out a resigned sigh. "I understand. Very well. However, even though I work for you now Yami-sama, I will not allow you to put off these things for longer than a day. I cannot in good conscience allow you any more time than that. Are we in agreement?"

Internally I winced. I'd been hoping to be able to put off some of that stuff indefinitely to be honest. On the outside however I managed to keep a cool demeanor. I gave him a small smile. It was supposed to have been a grateful smile but I think it came out as more of a self-satisfied smirk. "I understand Goro-san. Thank you."

That's when the elevator dinged signaling our arrival to the penthouse. When the doors opened… well. "Luxurious" and "extravagant" didn't even begin to describe the place. It was only when Goro caught me looking around open-mouthed like a wide-eyed country bumpkin that I composed myself and strode in with my head held high like I actually knew what I was doing. I have to stop making silly mistakes like that!

"This is my phone number," Goro said, causing me to turn around. He set down a slip of paper by a phone on a table next to the elevator. "If you have any questions or need anything – anything at all – don't hesitate to call. I'm afraid I must be going Yami-sama. Your… miraculous return is unfortunately going to generate a lot of issues that will need to be straightened out. In the meantime everything here is exactly as you left it."

I nodded to him in a cool and collected fashion like I imagined someone like Koakuma Yami would. "Very well. Thank you for all your hard work Goro-san." Then on the spur of the moment I added something else. "I'm very glad I have someone like you I can rely on."

Though I could tell he was troubled by whatever was wrong with his "Yami-sama" my comment still seemed to perk him up considerably. He bowed low to me with elaborate flourish. "Of course Yami-sama. I will always be loyal to the Koakuma family until the day I die. Do take the time to rest. Stay safe."

With that he turned crisply on his heel and went back down on the elevator, leaving me alone in the absurdly large and luxurious penthouse of the now deceased Koakuma family.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Once I started exploring the penthouse "gigantic" did not even begin to cover it. The Koakuma Heavy Industries building covered an entire city block and the penthouse seemed to be every bit as large as that. While everything was obviously very expensive and modern there was something very… 1990's about it. About everything that I'd seen up to this point now that I thought about it. The phones, the appliances, even the cars I could see with surprising clarity over a hundred stories down from one of the very panoramic windows all had that same look about them. Somehow going back in time in addition to being dragged across dimensions shouldn't have surprised me, but somehow, it did.

The penthouse itself was decorated… okay, I'll just come out and say it, it was decorated like something some magical villain might make of her "civilian" cover identity. Everything was black. Black walls, black marble, black furniture, black carpets… everything glass and black and sleek and ultra-modern. I felt like I'd even seen some actual magical girl villains with places that looked a lot like this but for the life of me I couldn't think what anime those might have been. Project A-Ko maybe? If the magical girls in this city ever saw this place they might just decide to kill me on principle.

On the other hand the place was in a lot of ways absolutely incredible. I found a lot of things that I hadn't been expecting. They had a room with a full sized Olympic swimming pool and a retractable roof. There was a cavernous gym with lots of open spaces and every machine and weight you could possibly dream of. There were very traditional looking rooms that could have been for anything from a dojo to hosting tea ceremonies. There was a well-stocked room that looked like someone's workstation stocked with every mechanical or electronic thing you could think of. I was almost giddy thinking that, at least for a short while, I'd get to pretend like all of that was mine.

Then I went to the more livable side of the penthouse. There were several living rooms, all of them oversized with at least one wall turned into a window offering a spectacular view. I gave up on counting after entering seven different ridiculously luxurious bedrooms. As a bonus however I did find what had to be Yami's old room, which after some conflicting debate I decided to go ahead and take for my own. The bedroom that looked to have belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Koakuma I closed and decided to leave untouched as a sign of respect.

When I was finally done with my exploration I went to what seemed like the "central" living room and plopped myself down on one of the black ultra-modern couches. It looked like it should have been extremely uncomfortable so it was a pleasant surprise to find that was in fact very far from the truth. I let my head fall back, putting my arms over the back of the couch and for the first time since I'd woken up to this crazy situation I felt like I had a moment to just breathe.

I wasn't completely comfortable but I was probably as fine as I was going to get. Now that I was alone and (probably) safe I could start thinking about what I knew and what I was going to do next. What was I going to do… yeah. That was definitely the one million dollar question.

I still didn't have nearly enough answers but… one thing that I decided right away was that I wasn't going to play Kyubey's game. Really? He thought that I was going to let myself become the vessel of some Evil space Chaos entity just because he said so? If so then the stupid furball was nuts. I'd seen enough magical girl shows to know what the likely outcome of that was. Not to mention the whole "working to do something that will more than likely end up wiping out humanity" angle. Any way you wanted to slice it the entire thing was a beyond terrible idea.

So that was decided then. I wasn't going to become an evil magical girl. No way, no how. Never gonna happen. Ever.

Speaking of Kyubey… there was something that had been bothering me. Incubators were supposed to be ultimately working to prolong the life of the universe. This "Primordial Chaos" that he seemed to be working with… well, all "Chaos" that I'd heard of in that sort of context was pretty much synonymous with "Evil". "Evil" on the larger scale usually meant something like "Kill and/or enslave every being in the Earth/galaxy/universe/etc". The goals of the Incubators and of whatever this "Primordial Chaos" was seemed to be at odds with each other. So why was Kyubey working with it at all?

I couldn't help but feel like there was something critical there that I was missing. Actually probably more than one thing going by how my luck had been shaping up lately. I had better start figuring out what was really going on here, and soon… otherwise it was most likely all going to seriously bite me in the ass at the worst possible moment.

"Hello Alex."

I closed my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. Think of the devil…. Opening my eyes I looked over to see Kyubey sitting on the table in front of the couch looking none the worse for wear. I glared at it, hoping to light it on fire with my eyes.

"I was hoping you would leave me alone for a while longer," I told it grumpily.

"I considered doing so. Having you destroy my bodies is not pleasant and it is a waste of resources," I sniffed disdainfully at that. Inwardly however I was actually pleased to know that I could really make that little devil feel something unpleasant if I really wanted to. "However something has come to light that requires your immediate attention."

"Oh?" I asked, quirking one eyebrow. In spite of myself I was curious as to what the bunny-cat had to say.

"I believe I have located the first of the magical girls you must recruit."

My mouth went dry. Already? I hadn't even really decided what I was going to do about this supposed team of evil magical girls yet. Presumably they were… well… evil. That was a good reason as any to stay away from them. Then again they might be like me, just innocent people plucked from their lives and forced into this kind of situation by Kyubey. I didn't really have enough information to make any kind of informed decision.

Still, when having to make a choice knowledge was better than ignorance. "What do you know?" I asked it, feeling both curious and apprehensive at the same time.

Instead of answering Kyubey hopped down from the table and walked over to the enormous entertainment system with a TV screen fit for a movie theater. Out of… somewhere… it produced an honest-to-god VHS tape. I hadn't seen one of those since I was a kid. Slipping it into the appropriate machine the ginormous television flickered to life.

"What is this?" I asked Kyubey as it walked over and hopped up on the couch next to me.

"Last night a female magical girl broke into the local branch of the National Institute of Public Health. Just watch."

I gave Kyubey a skeptical look but did as he asked. Despite myself I was interested. The National Institute of Public Health was sort of like Japan's equivalent of the CDC. What could a magical girl possibly want in a place like that?

After a few more seconds the screen resolved into a grainy video. For a few moments nothing happened, the camera just showing what looked like a modern research facility. I was about to turn to Kyubey and give him some snark when one of the walls on the video exploded. Huh. Okay. I'll admit, wasn't really expecting that.

When the dust cleared in walked what was clearly a magical girl. She wore a puffy green and white skirt with hunter green stockings and short boots with a medium heel. Her top was also green and white, renaissance looking with puffy sleeves and a modest square cut over her bust. Her long opera gloves were white with hunter green swirls and accents all over them. The girl's hair was brown but any details other than the fact she was a young woman seemed to immediately slip from my mind even as I looked at her face.

What mostly drew my eye were a few other details. She had a beautiful green bag slung across her shoulder that looked like it was made of sparkling jade. Beautiful and absolutely one hundred percent a magical item, I was certain. There was also a large broach on her chest. The resolution of the security video was poor so I had to squint and lean forward to see what the symbol on her broach and on her bag was.

Almost as if sensing my annoyance my eyes seemed to shift, and suddenly I was seeing at a much higher resolution then before. Huh, handy little trick. With increased confidence I went back to examining the video. When I recognized the symbol the girl was sporting… I made a horrible strangled choking noise and my eyes almost popped out of my head.

"N-N-No frikking way!" I exclaimed in denial as I vigorously shook my head, my eyes completely glued to the screen the whole time.

And then the girl began to speak.

"Well-meaning gentlemen of science, though you do not realize it you are acting as the villains here today!" the girl said, posing and sweeping her arm dramatically. "I'm here to free all those poor rare and endangered viruses, parasites and germs! It is I, the graceful lady who embraces all life, Magical Girl Onee-san!"

Though she was really putting her all into her introduction to me it was clear that she didn't have much experience doing it. She was stumbling and a little awkward in her delivery, not confident and completely natural like an experienced magical girl would be. There was also a bit of a flaw in her situational awareness. Only after completing her speech did she look around and realize that the lab was deserted. She smiled a little and scratched her head sheepishly when it finally seemed to hit her that she's been monologueing to an empty room.

"Oh well," I heard her say to herself. "I suppose it was just good practice then. Well, time to get to work!"

Then I proceeded to watch with growing horror as the magical girl began to open all sorts of refrigerators, vials and containers marked with every kind of "warning" and "dangerous: biohazard" sign under the sun. Some of them put in her magical-Jade bag. Most of the samples she tossed back and drank, making yummy noises the whole time like she was drinking liquid chocolate schnapps rather than ebola or anthrax or whatever other rare diseases they had been studying at the lab. My mouth was open in shock and my eyebrow twitched as I watched the… bile inducing horror that was going on in that grainy video.

It only took a few minutes for her to finish after which she patted her bag as if to say "well done." Then she started walking, almost skipping to the entrance she had made in the wall. However before she left she looked up and noticed the security camera recording her. She stopped, blinked, and then turned to face the camera full on.

The girl put her hands together in front of her demurely and with a serene smile bowed to the camera. "I'm sorry for making a mess. You may not understand right now, but I promise it is all for a good cause. Again, whoever's watching this, I deeply apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused." That done she stood up again. She almost turned to go but seemingly unable to contain herself she turned back to the camera and struck a pose.

"Elegant and green, always full of life, magical girl of Nurgle is on the rise! Now I depart!" Giggling to herself, the girl bowed briefly to the camera once again before skipping through the hole she'd blown through the wall.

The video ended and I just stared. My brain had once again momentarily shut down, which had been happening with alarming regularity since I'd gotten here. Magical girl of Nurgle. Magical girl of Nurgle. Magical girl of Nurgle. I mean seriously, WHAT THE HELL?!

And given what I'd just seen that meant… that now I had a pretty good idea what my "magical girl team" was supposed to look like…

"I wasn't able to determine her identity thanks to the disguise magic of her transformation," Kyubey began, pulling me from by gibbering thoughts. "However I was able to track her down to where she is currently living. From there it should be simple for you to discover her identity. It is absolutely imperative that you make contact with her as soon as possible."

You know what? I was going to take any excuse to take my mind off the Earth-shattering revelations I had experienced just then. "Why is it so important that I make contact as soon as possible?" I asked skeptically. "If we know where she lives it's not like she's going anywhere."

Kyubey paused before answering. "The reason I was able to track her to where she lives is that she is very reckless and inexperienced in her use of magic. For that reason she left a clear trail for me to follow back to where she is living. If she keeps going out and using her Chaos magical girl powers in this way it won't be long before the team of magical girls living in this city will track her down and eliminate her."

Aw… hell. That changed things. Damn it. I looked at the television screen that had just moments ago been showing me that girl. She hadn't seemed at all evil, just kind of naïve and really happy to be a magical girl. My eyes turned and narrowed on Kyubey. It was possible that he was lying. But if he wasn't… would the magical girls living in this city really attack her? Could I really take the risk of that being true?

Out of nowhere Kyubey produced a slip of paper and slid it over to me from where he was sitting next to me. I looked at it and him suspiciously before slowly reaching to pick it up.

"What is this?"

"The place that the girl is currently living at."

Giving Kyubey the stink-eye one last time I turned and opened the folded slip of paper. It had an address, which didn't mean anything to me but I assumed was correct. The name of the place though… the name of the place most definitely meant something to me.

"Kyubey," I said dryly as I continued to stare at the slip of paper. "I didn't know you had a sense of humor."

"I do not. Humor is a human tendency that I see no reason to integrate."

"But… this can't be right."

"What seems to be the problem?" Kyubey asked curiously, tilting his head like a dog.

Did he not know? How could he not know? Was he just playing dumb... or did he not have as much knowledge from my world as I'd assumed he did...?

I looked back down at the slip of paper and considered that yes, given all the insane things I'd been subjected to so far, maybe stuff like this shouldn't really surprise me anymore.

Tendo's Anything Goes School of Indiscriminate Grappling.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 6: First Taste Of Power
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 6: First Taste Of Power

I was ninety-five percent sure I knew which resident of the Tendo Dojo had experienced the misfortune of becoming a Nurgleite magical girl. The thought of it was disturbing. Nothing good ever came from the Chaos Gods of the Warp. From what I remembered it was all one fast express train to crazyville, mass murder and unflattering mutations. I wasn't sure if there was anything I could do but… none of the Tendo girls deserved that.

I looked down at Kyubey, suddenly filled with horror as a thought hit me. Was Kyubey working with the Warhammer brand of Chaos? Or had Kyubey or perhaps even his entire race been corrupted by horrors from the Warp? Was this what he'd meant when he'd talked about "Primordial Chaos" having a hand in dragging me to this world and crafting the new body I found myself in? I knew that was the logical conclusion to reach. It was obvious really. But… for some reason some feeling deep inside me told me that didn't quite ring true. I didn't know why but that neat and simple answer to my questions didn't quite feel right.

Shaking my head and adding that to the ever growing list of things I was going to grill Kyubey about when I had the time I thought furiously about what I was going to do. Part of me thought it would be best to stay away from all these Chaos magical girls but it had become clear to me that at least one of them was just an innocent victim. Probably tricked into it, bless her innocent and naïve soul. If anyone had a chance of helping this girl it would probably be me.

… I just had to hope that being around her didn't "awaken my hidden Chaotic potential." That was the one thing I most desperately wanted to avoid. That way led to becoming a sock-puppet of Evil. Sock-puppet of Evil equaled bad by any metric I could possibly imagine. It went without saying that I'd have to avoid going down that path at all costs.

A calculated risk then.

"Fine Kyubey. Let's go talk to this girl."

"Good. I'm glad to see you can be reasonable at times Alex."

I resisted the urge to punt the bunny-cat and settled for giving him a glare and, immaturely perhaps, giving him the middle finger. Patronizing little turd. With that I stalked towards Yami's bedroom – now my bedroom I supposed – to find something more appropriate to wear.

After taking a shower in a bathroom big enough to fit my old apartment (and boy was it awkward getting all soapy and naked as a girl for the first time) I began to look through the walk-in closets for something that might have worked for me. There were two problems. First, the majority of the clothes were too girly. They were just… skirts and cleavagey tops and form hugging fabrics. I may have been stuck as a girl for… uh, at least for the immediate future but that didn't mean I was ready to start dressing like one. The second problem was that the majority of the clothes were black. I was starting to see a pattern with Yami and the Koakumas and I wasn't particularly thrilled with it. My new name and appearance were bad enough already. There was no way I was going to make things worse by dressing like some cliché magical girl villain as well.

In the end I found something that I could tolerate wearing. Standing around in just a lacy pair of black panties I examined my selection. It was a tailor made charcoal grey pinstripe suit with burgundy stripes. I'd also managed to find a collared shirt, a tie and a burgundy vest. The items might have been cut for a woman but this was still something I knew how to wear.

Deciding to forgo a bra (I wasn't psychologically ready for that symbol of femininity, even though I think I was really too big to really go without one) I put on the suit while desperately trying to pretend it was exactly the same as any other time I'd put on a suit. When I finished the results were… interesting. The tie gave me a more masculine look which made me more comfortable about the whole thing. However the cut of the suit made the whole outfit… somehow completely conservative and drop dead sexy at the same time. Complete with my masculine stance I looked like a real tomboy. An incredibly attractive tomboy. Huh. Okay. In all honestly I would have preferred to end up with an appearance that was much less attention grabbing but I could make this work.

Deciding I may as well go for broke on the whole tomboy thing I put on a pair of combat boots I'd found among the hundreds of shoes in Yami's closet before going back out to the living room. Kyubey was there waiting for me, watching me as I walked in with those creepy beady eyes of his. I stopped and crossed my arms, giving the rat a glare.

"I'm going to go now. Don't wait up for me," I said, going a little bit passive-aggressive on the Incubator.

"I'll come with you," it said, hopping off the table it was on and walking towards me.

"What makes you think I want you to come with me?" I asked it acerbically.

"Do you even know how to get to your intended destination?"

Uh… actually… no. I had no clue. I also had no idea how to navigate in this city.

"How do you even plan on leaving? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe you have either the keys nor the password necessary to use the elevator."

That… was actually something I hadn't considered. Goro dropped me off here but he'd needed all those things to get the elevator moving. Maybe I would get lucky and find the keys and the password written down in a drawer somewhere… but somehow I seriously doubted it.

Damn it. I glared at the bunny-cat. It looked like I might be stuck taking it with me. "I suppose you have a plan for getting us out of this tower then?"

"Indeed. I believe it is about time you learned to use the magic that resides within that body."

I blinked at that. Not what I had been expecting to hear. Still… a smile slowly crawled its way across my face. The more I could do on my own the less I'd have to rely on the Incubator in the future.

Also, magic. Real magic. Who was going to say no to learning something like that?

"All right fuzz ball," I said to it. "I guess we'll do it your way. For now."

"Excellent. Now there is one thing you must do before we get started."

"What?" I asked it suspiciously.

From where it was sitting it extended its tiny front paws towards me.

"Carry me."

"I'd sooner use a rusty spoon to give myself a lobotomy. In fact that's what might be required before I'd ever agree to carry you, white devil."

"If you do not consent to acting as my carriage then it will be impossible for me to teach you. Besides that there is another upside for you. I am very fluffy and good to snuggle."

"It is an empirical fact. I can show you the data."

"I'm waiting."

… damn it.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Minutes later I'd made it to the roof of the Koakuma Heavy Industries building with Kyubey riding on my shoulder. I swear to God the little critter was smug. Doing my best to ignore the infernal spawn now next to my head and clinging to my suit I walked over to the edge of the building and looked down.

"So you want me to jump over there?" I asked, skepticism thick in my voice. Koakuma Heavy Industries was the biggest building around but many of the others surrounding it weren't far behind. Across the street from where I was standing was another building maybe twenty stories shorter. That was one hell of a jump, and one hell of a fall too.

"Yes."

"You know I've figured out I'm stronger and probably a lot tougher than someone with a regular human body, but I can't help but feel I'll be squashed like a pancake if I fall over two hundred feet."

"You would definitely survive. However as inexperienced as you are you would most likely end up landing poorly and causing yourself some damage. This is inefficient and undesirable since I am riding on your shoulder," he turned his head to look at me. "It's very comfortable by the way."

I ground my teeth. He was totally smug. Despicable little fluff-rat. Don't encourage him.

"You're going to explain to me how we're going to do this or what?" I said to it shortly.

Kyubey ignored my tone. "The amount of magic your body is able to naturally generate is relatively small, especially compared to full blown magical girls or powerful Yoma, but it is still enough for most purposes. Magic of a Chaotic nature is more flexible than Order magic so it tends to be more easily accessible. Once you get a feel for the magic it shouldn't be difficult to use it for various tasks, such as softening you falls, reinforcing your body, increasing your destructive power… imagination and will are your only limits."

"As well as the amount of magic available to me," I mused out loud with a frown. "If you wanted me to fight magical girls why did you give me a so little magic?"

"So that you may go undetected. Your magic is small enough and contained within you in such a way that makes you extremely difficult to detect and track. Once you gather the Chaotic magical girls to you they will each in turn be able to awaken the latent magical potential that exists within you. At the same time you will still remain just as hard to detect when you are not using the gifts they will grant you. Truly your body is a wonder of scientific, magical and Chaotic engineering."

It took nearly all my effort not to show any outward reaction. I didn't want Kyubey to know how much his words disturbed me.

"Yeah, right. So. That's great. Truly. But we've got a magical girl to possibly rescue. How exactly do I 'get a feel' for my magic, Incubator?"

"Close your eyes. Concentrate on your body, on the warmth it naturally radiates. At some point you will feel a different kind of warmth in your chest. That will be your magic. Draw it out with your will and utilize it as you see fit."

I closed my eyes and did as Kyubey instructed. Now that I started looking inwards I was surprised by how much I could actually feel inside my new body, a whole slew of sensations I'd never really experienced before. Tuning most of that out I focused on the warmth in my body and finding a different kind of warmth in my chest. It took a few minutes but before long I succeeded. I gasped a little as I found it. The magic inside me seemed to be stored somewhere deep inside of me roughly corresponding to where my heart should be. With my mind I began to nudge the magic to move. Sluggishly at first but with rapidly increasing ease it began to move and spread throughout all of my body almost on it's own.

"Wow," I gasped, looking at my hand that seemed to glow briefly before fading again. "I don't think I've ever felt anything like that before."

"I wouldn't imagine that you would have. You have successfully tapped into your magic. Now the best way to learn is by doing. Go ahead and jump to the next building and we'll be on our way."

I hesitated. "Sure I'll try… but it's broad daylight out here Kyubey. Won't people see me jumping from building to building? It would sort of give away the whole 'secret identity' thing if someone catches me on camera."

"Don't worry. As long as I'm with you I can make it so that normal people will not be able to detect you."

"All right then," I said, seeing no good reason to doubt him. I backed away from the edge of the roof a good fifty feet in order to give myself the best running start I could. There was no denying it, I was a little bit scared but also a good deal more excited. Crouching down in a runner's start I grabbed hold of my magic and gave it one thought.

Go fast.

The asphalt under my boots cracked as I kicked off, sprinting to the edge of the roof with a speed I could scarcely have imagined just days ago. Kyubey hung on to dear life by his front paws as a huge smile spread over my face. As the edge of the roof fast approached I braced myself and gave my magic one single command.

Jump!

My feet pushed off the edge of the rooftop aided by a pulse of magic and I sailed through the air in a parabolic arc. I gave a whoop of joy as I felt the air tugging at my clothes and sending my long hair fluttering everywhere. It was a long fall to the next roof over but suddenly I found myself with a giant grin and absolutely no fear.

I willed my magic to protect my body from the fall when I was just seconds from hitting the roof. I felt the magic shift, re-enforcing my body momentarily both inside and out. My landing was heavy and the roof cracked but other than that I felt completely unharmed. A giddy laugh escaped my throat.

"That was fun," I said a little breathlessly.

"Not bad for a first try."

I almost gave Kyubey a smile before remembering that I hated him. "Which way?" I asked.

"Northwest."

Judging what was approximately the right direction I began to run. I wasn't sure what I was going to do or say once I got to the Tendo dojo but I felt I needed to get there fast. The longer things were left to their own devices the higher the chance that they would spiral out of control.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Last edited:
Chapter 7: Meeting A Kindred Spirit
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 7: Meeting A Kindred Spirit

It was amazing. Jumping from building to building, clearing what should have been impossible distances in a single bound, it was the stuff of legends. The realm of fiction. The land of dreams. I felt like a goddamn superhero as I flew through the air, hurled forth by the power of my muscles and my magic.

Right then I decided that roof hopping was my new favorite thing.

Then again the experience wasn't without its drawbacks.

For one, the only reason that it was even possible was because I'd been ripped from my life and into a female inhuman body by a single or multiple entities. Entities that were terrifyingly True Neutral is I was very lucky. And given recent events I couldn't say I was feeling very lucky.

Secondly, I discovered in short order why women with generous… assets… don't do physical activity without a bra or any kind of support. It was awkward, uncomfortable and even somewhat painful. Yet another constant reminder that I wasn't quite what I had been, and I couldn't help but think that my chances of getting back to my own body and my own life had to be… well… uh. Maybe it best not to think about it too hard. I might not be one of Kyubey's brand of magical girls but I didn't think falling into despair would do me any favors either.

Finally there was one more thing that served to increase my unhappiness and stress levels as I cut through the city skyline.

Running, utilizing my magic… I was slowly over my run becoming more and more aware of the workings and ins and outs of my new body. It was oddly like a limb that had fallen asleep slowly waking up once blood started flowing again. While fascinating and no doubt useful it led to me realize something unwelcome.

The magic that I was using was generated from my body. But that energy didn't come from nowhere. I had what felt like a limited amount of… fuel, I suppose, from which to manufacture usable magic. This rather quickly led to a realization that made me miss a step and almost made me fall off a roof.

The more magic I used the hungrier I would get. The more magic I used the sooner my body would need to feed again.

To make matters worse I could feel that the person I had… c-consumed… just the night before hadn't really satisfied my body. It had been dangerously low on fuel and that one person pushed my reserves just a little bit above the "not critical" line. Meaning I would need to feed again soon. Not right away, not in that moment but… soon.

That realization put something of a damper on my enjoyment of using magic. Not knowing what I was going to do about the sustenance situation I put it out of my mind as best as I could for the time being. It seemed like I had been doing a lot of that lately since waking up in this funhouse-mirror of a reality.

As we ran I sneaked a glance at Kyubey sitting on my shoulder. I had a theory to test out and I may as well go for it as long as I was trying to keep my mind off of things for the moment. Maybe it would end with me getting one over on the devil-rat.

"Kyubey," I asked, "what can you tell me about this Tendo Dojo and it's residents?"

The bunny-cat glanced at me before answering. "Not much. Unfortunately the vast majority of the information here is not digitalized. It takes some additional time and effort to gather data."

"So… you don't know anything about them? Or about the area?" I pressed, just to be sure.

"Nerima in general has a high incidence of reports of unusual activity. I suspect some local magical elements at play. However other than discovering the magical girl of Nurgle's location I have nothing relevant to add about the Tendo Dojo or its inhabitants."

On the outside I nodded calmly but on the inside my mind was racing. I refused to believe that I just happened to be snatched from my world to this one, and then I just happened to know some relevant information about who I would be encountering through works of fiction. It was clearly something that somebody had engineered deliberately. But it didn't seem that Kyubey was aware of my knowledge of Ranma ½ or knew the story himself. It also seemed unlikely that whoever had selected me didn't also know everything that I knew… it would be incredibly stupid for them not to take the time to read my mind or download a few terabytes worth of anime from my world or something of the like.

So the only explanation seemed to be… that whoever had chosen me had kept at least some of the reasons as to why I was chosen a secret from Kyubey. According to what Kyubey had said, all I had to go on was that the other actor in all of this was called "Primordial Chaos"… which could be anything from a great number of fictional universes that I remembered from back home. It could also be something I was completely unfamiliar with. But why would this entity keep Kyubey in the dark? Moreover did that mean… was Kyubey the subordinate here? Or merely an untrusted partner?

In any case Kyubey was the only one there with me at the moment. Maybe I could use my knowledge to flip the tables on him. All this time it'd felt like Kyubey had been holding all the cards. Maybe now I'd have a chance to do something about that.

I could only hope. Otherwise I'd likely be stuck dancing to the White Devil's tune.

"We're almost there. Just down this street, fifth property on the right," came Kyubey's voice.

I was jolted out of my introspection and realized that we had indeed arrived in a middle-class residential area. With hardly a thought I jumped off the building I was on and landed on the street. To my surprise no one on the street seemed to think that a girl jumping from a three story building was anything out of the ordinary. In fact it was my outfit and looks that drew some stares and second glances. I cringed a little. I'd chosen a three piece suit because it made me feel comfortable and, as a psychological trick, wearing formal clothes had always made me feel more confident and in control. I didn't think about how out of place it would make me look in the middle of an everyday Japanese neighborhood.

Then again this was Nerima… and if my memories were accurate "everyday Japanese neighborhood" didn't really fit this place at all.

I took the time to look at my surroundings. Sure enough after only a few seconds of searching I spotted telltale signs of repairs all throughout the neighborhood. Patches of different colored and slightly uneven pavement were everywhere. There was also slight unevenness where walls looked to have been patched over. One streetlight even looked a little bent at the base from what might have been a stray kick.

"Definitely not in Kansas anymore," I murmured to myself.

The Nerima that I remembered from Ranma ½ was famous for one thing and one thing only: the sheer amount of sanity-straining craziness that went on on a regular basis. Super powered martial artists of incredible power, curses, demons, magic, ghosts, possessions… it was all one big battle royale of chaos that more often than not seemed to revolve around the Tendo Dojo.

Actually one of the daughters living in the Tendo Dojo being sort-of-probably possessed by a disease-themed space god-demon probably wouldn't be all that shocking to them. Well. That was certainly a sobering thought. Something like me probably wouldn't be too crazy either now that I thought about it.

"Kybey keep your distance. I'm going to go in alone," I said.

"I would rather go with you."

"Well, don't. I have a feeling more than one person in that household will be able to see you. We don't want any complications. Let me handle it, it shouldn't be hard for me to find one girl and have a conversation."

"… Very well. But I'll be monitoring the situation."

With that he hopped off my shoulder and wandered off down an alley. Giving the rat one last dirty look I turned back to look down the street. Okay. Deep breath. Just go and be polite, avoid fighting any of the martial artists. Easy enough.

Squaring my shoulders, lifting my chin and naturally letting an icy coldness fall across my face I headed for the entrance of the Tendo Dojo.

~ooOO0OOoo~

I stared briefly at the sign over the front door, wondering at how different this world was from what I was used to.

To Defeat Owner In Savage Combat, Use Rear Door

Well. I most definitely wasn't here for any sort of savage combat. Not that I would have a prayer against the current Heir of this school, assuming this was the timeline of the show. Schooling my features and shoring up my courage and reached up and knocked.

A minute later a young woman opened the door. She was somewhere in her late teens, attractive with a chin length brown hair. Though I managed to keep my expression neutral inside I was gaping. I'd sort of known I was going to run into some of the Tendo's but… seeing it in real life was something I really wasn't prepared for. There was a shrewd calculating look in her brown eyes before it melted into a knowing, cocky smile. This was Nabiki Tendo, a girl with the reputation of being an unscrupulous money-grubbing shark that will take you for everything you're worth if given half a chance. She was also very sneaky and had a penchant for blackmail. I would definitely need to keep my eyes on this one… and keep my hand on my metaphorical wallet too.

"Two thousand yen," she said without preamble, holding out her hand.

I had to suppress a smile. Oh, that was vintage Nabiki Tendo all right. I'm pretty sure I knew why she was asking but I figured it would be best to play along.

In response I cocked an eyebrow. "Oh? And what reason would I have for giving you even a single yen?"

"You're looking for Ranma Saotome aren't you?" she said with all the smug arrogance of someone who thought they held all the cards. "That's the only reason beautiful women ever come around here. Let me guess, his old man got together with your parents and made you his fiancée? If you want a chance of finding him any time soon, pay up. I might even feel generous and tell you a bit about the other fiancées he has after him as well."

Yeah, I was pretty sure her "generosity" was just another trap to swindle even more money out of me. I let the smirk that wanted to form on my lips grow. For a second I saw Nabiki flinch before she narrowed her eyes slightly on me.

"You misunderstand, Miss… Tendo is it?" I asked, and she nodded, her expression now more guarded. "I'm not interested in whoever this Saotome character is. Instead I was hoping to have a word with your sister."

"Akane?" Nabiki said, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. "I hope you don't have it in your head to kidnap her. Because let me tell you, that never ends well."

"Kidnap?" I said, feigning surprise. Akane got kidnapped what seemed like every other week but that wasn't something Koakuma Yami should know. It made sense that Nabiki would be wary but she was way off base. I shook my head. "Again you misunderstand. I'm not interested in your sister Akane and I certainly don't plan to kidnap anyone. I was in fact hoping I could have a word with Kasumi."

"Kasumi?" Nabiki said loudly, her eyes widening in shock.

"Yes," I said with a confident nod. Then I began to spin the story I had concocted on the way over. "I met her once some years ago when she was out shopping in the market and she was very kind to me. It was an encounter I've never forgotten. I was in the neighborhood and remembered her mentioning that this was where she lived. I realize it is somewhat rude to just show up uninvited but please forgive my selfishness. It was on a whim that I decided to stop by to hopefully reconnect with the wonderful young woman I once had a lovely conversation with."

"You're about the same age as her," Nabiki said numbly, looking like she was still having a hard time procession that a strange young female had shown up for Kasumi of all people. I struggled not to chuckle at the slight shell shocked look on her face. Also I was fairly certain I was a couple of years younger than Kasumi even if this body did have a very mature look about it for it's age.

"Sometimes I feel older," I said with what was supposed to be a friendly smile. The way Nabiki became a little more guarded at seeing it made me think it hadn't quite come out like I'd been hoping it would. Wiping it off my face I decided to more or less keep a neutral expression. It didn't seem my features were built for friendly at all.

"Is Kasumi available Ms. Tendo?"

"Yeah… she's in the kitchen," Nabiki said, eyeing me warily. It was with some visible reluctance that she stepped aside and opened the door. Ingrained courtesy was a hard thing for most Japanese to ignore. "Please… would you like to come in?"

"Thank you Tendo-san," I said, careful to only let the hint of an upward curl to my lips show. "I would love to."

~ooOO0OOoo~

Nabiki seemed to quickly get over her shock but she didn't start pelleting me with questions right away the way I'd more or less expected her to. Instead she led me wordlessly into the curiously quiet traditional Japanese home. I figured the silence meant Ranma and Akane were probably out, which meant I'd lucked out. If I could get away with it I'd rather not risk tangling with a violent tomboy who would probably assume I was out to steal her fiancée or with somebody who would at some point kill a demigod and might be able to tell there was something seriously off about me. Nothing good could come from bumping into either of those two I was sure.

Nabiki led me into the living room and quickly left saying she was going to go get Kasumi… but not before shooting me another suspicious look. I honestly didn't know what I'd done to make Nabiki so wary of me. Hopefully it was just her normal caution and not something that would cause her to dig too deeply into my story. Luckily if it came down to it I had one secret weapon I could use against her.

A few minutes later Nabiki came back with the girl I assumed was Kasumi trailing behind her. I came to my feet and quickly examined her. She was taller than Nabiki by a few inches, which made her about my height. The newcomer had long brown hair in a ponytail over her shoulder and a simple house dress. I knew Kasumi was supposed to be around nineteen and she definitely looked the part of an attractive teenager transitioning into womanhood. She had a kind, gentle face that looked at me curiously as she walked into the room.

At this point my plan was to insist I'd met Kasumi once, using what I knew about her to give me at least some credibility. I could feign disappointment when she didn't remember our encounter since I could say it had made a large impression on me. Hopefully somewhere along the way I could have a word with her about her new… magical profession. All those plans went out the door however when she took a long, hard look at me and gasped.

"Oh my gosh, it's you!" Kasumi said excitedly.

Both me and Nabiki watched in bewilderment as Kasumi rushed over to me and threw her arms around my neck in a hug. On reflex I wrapped my arms around her though I was sure my face showed nothing but confusion. Thankfully my body didn't so much as twitch when I touched her. It thankfully didn't seem like my new body considered her food.

That was when I felt it. Inside of her… I felt it… power. Life. Death. Rebirth. For a second I could almost see entire worlds rotting and collapsing into nothing before new life began to grow across their surface. It was intoxicating. Life. Death. For a second I understood that in the end, there really was no difference between the two.

So why not push the cycle forward?

Then the feeling passed and I was left only with an awareness of the power held within the girl in my arms. I felt it as a kind of low pressure that was tangible and would be almost impossible for me to miss. I didn't think I was able to probe the depths of it but… from what I could feel one thing was certain.

Kasumi, thanks to whatever Chaos nonsense had happened to her, was damn powerful.

"Would you care to introduce me to your friend Sis?" said Nabiki in a dry tone as she looked on from the sidelines.

Quickly Kasumi pulled away from me, a light blush coloring her cheeks. "Oh I'm sorry, that was rather rude of me wasn't it? I, umm… I'm afraid," she said turning to me apologetically, "I don't… um… remember? Your name. Miss."

Oh wow. Kasumi was a terrible liar and I could already see Nabiki's eyes narrowing further in suspicion. Crap.

"So do you jump up and hug all your 'friends' that you don't remember the name of Sis?" asked Nabiki while zeroing in on her sister like a laser. Kasumi seemed to get a hold of herself and gave Nabiki a calm smile.

"It's been a little while. I'm sure it'll come to me," Kasumi said in a cheerful, almost oblivious tone.

I could tell Nabiki wasn't going to be satisfied with that though. That wasn't going to end well. Nabiki could be like a dog with a bone. Deciding I'd better bail Kasumi out I stepped forward and put myself in between the two sisters. Nabiki gave me an annoyed look and I resisted the urge to give her a smile.

Time to break out my weapon then. Prepare to be blown away Nabiki Tendo.

"That's right, I never introduced myself did I? How rude of me," I said before bowing slightly. "My name is Koakuma Yami. It's nice to meet you Tendo-san."

I saw Nabiki freeze before her eyes widened in recognition. In fact her eyes widened so much I began to wonder if they might pop out of her head. I couldn't help it. I gave her a crooked smile that caused her to take half a step back.

"I-I thought I recognized you…" Nabiki said a bit shakily.

"Oh?" Kasumi said, sounding a little bit excited. "Have you met Yami-san before then Nabiki-chan?"

"N-No. I wish! Koakuma Yami was the sole heiress to one of the top three companies in Japan."

"Oh, so you're famous then?" Kasumi said, turning to me. "That's so nice. Good for you, Yami-san!"

"Kasumi… maybe you should step away from her," Nabiki said fearfully, eyes darting wildly back and forth between the two of us.

Kasumi turned to her sister with a questioning look and a guileless look on her face. "Why?"

Then she lost it.

"BECAUSE SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!"

I couldn't help it. I brought my hand to my mouth and laughed.

"Ouhohohohohoho!"

It went on for a couple of seconds before I froze.

Horror hit me as I realized what I had been doing.

Oh God.

I had an Ojou laugh. And EVIL sounding Ojou-sama laugh.

What the hell?!

Nabiki started sweating bullets and looking at me as if I was some kind of demon that had crawled out of the grave. I winced.

To my great chagrin that wasn't even that far from the truth.

"Dead?" said Kasumi as she blinked in confusion before turning to me. "Oh my. I didn't think it was possible to come back while looking quite so normal." Then she smiled at me brilliantly. "You're very pretty for a corpse, Yami-san!"

I sweat dropped at that. Okay. I knew Kasumi had a reputation for being a bit oblivious at times. Guess that was just my first time seeing it.

I just needed to get control of the situation before it spiraled even further out of control.

"I'm alive, obviously," I said, crossing my arms and looking at the two of them a bit crossly. "I uh, survived the plane crash. It just hasn't been made public yet."

Kasumi seemed to just accept that after a second with a nod and a pleasant smile. "Oh. Well, that's probably for the best."

Nabiki however seemed to have a hard time accepting my explanation. "But… they never even found most of the plane-"

"Nabiki," I said, looking her head in the eye. It was time to use what I knew about her against her. "I'm rich."

That seemed to bring her train of thought to a halt for a few seconds before discomfort began to take over again. "But… the news reports said-"

"Very rich."

"…ugh… well, that's true…"

"One of the wealthiest people in all of Japan now I suspect," I said, though I actually didn't know for sure.

"… oh, most certainly…"

"Great! You seem to have a great head on your shoulders Nabiki. KHI is always on the lookout for talented people, and I hope we can be friends. I'd hate to sour any of that with any… unfortunate misguided speculation. My legal team is extremely aggressive in protecting the Koakuma name you see. A good name is essential for success in business as you probably well know."

Nabiki looked like she had swallowed a lemon. However now the glint of scheming and greed was definitely shining in her eye. "I understand," she said, once again sounding calm before sending me a very sharp look. "However if anything should happen to my sister there are quite a few people who would be very upset. People that aren't deterred by lawyers, if you catch my drift."

"I understand perfectly," I said to her with a smirk before turning to face Kasumi. She still had a pleasant, almost oblivious smile on her face… but I had the odd suspicion she was a lot more aware of everything that had just happened than she wanted to let on.

"Kasumi-san," I said to her. "Would you like to go for a walk and catch up?"

The elder Tendo looked at me in the eye then, and I could have sworn I saw swirling green in her brown orbs before it disappeared.

"Yes," she said eagerly with a warm welcoming smile. "I would like that very much."

~ooOO0OOoo~

Last edited:
Chapter 8: Maiden of Plagues
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 8: Maiden of Plagues

I have to admit as I was feeling just a tiny bit unnerved as Kasumi and I left the Tendo residence. As we turned to walk down the street I glanced at the young woman next to me out of the corner of my eye. She looked to be almost giddy with excitement, in a restrained and very ladylike way, and was walking with a definite bounce in her step. While normally it would have brought a smile to my face to see a person so upbeat in this case I couldn't help but wonder why Kasumi was so happy to see me.

We walked for a bit and while Kasumi seemed content with the silence it was starting to make me a bit uncomfortable. Deciding I needed to be the one to steer this conversation I considered what would be the best way to approach the situation in front of me. Looking at Kasumi again I realized that the first and most important thing I needed to do was to make sure she was safe. Everything else could be sorted out later.

In a way I had always admired Kasumi Tendo. The kindness and acceptance she'd always shown everyone in Ranma ½ resonated with me. If I could do something about it I really, really didn't want to see her get hurt.

"So…" I began leadingly. "Magical Girl Onee-san?"

Kasumi ducked her head sheepishly but the smile on the face just broadened. It made her whole countenance light up. I might have stared for a second or two longer than I should have.

"Well," she began, leaning in close and whispering like we were long lost friends. "I know it's not quite the 'proper' name, but I thought it sounded much more heroic than 'Maiden of Plagues'."

I missed a step at that.

"Proper name?" I asked hollowly.

"Uh-huh," Kasumi said with an enthusiastic bob of her head.

I knew I was going to regret asking this, but…. "How do you know that is the proper name?"

If anything Kasumi's already happy expression got even brighter. "Papa Nurgle told me!"

I literally stopped walking, my hands twitching violently and my mouth making strangled choking noises. Kasumi didn't seem to notice as I had a fit and just kept on walking serenely. I looked after her in fascinated, horrified disbelief. What the hell?! A Chaos God chatting up Kasumi Tendo?

This was so not cool!

Compartmentalizing my horror as best I could I managed to calm down enough to catch up to Kasumi after a few moments. Well. Okay. I scrutinized Kasumi again as best I could without being too obvious about it. The eldest Tendo at least wasn't obviously evil right now and neither did she have any obvious mutations, open weeping sores or flies crawling out of her body. Maybe that meant that Chaos hadn't managed to corrupt her all that much yet. But then again who knew how this would play out in a different universe that, at least on the surface, seemed to operate on vastly different rules?

That was my thin hope. Because right then I had zero idea of what I could do to help Kasumi. She was already the Magical Girl of Nurgle for crying out loud.

Actually… that was a real concern in yet another way now that I thought about it.

"Kasumi," I began cautiously. "You don't have any urges to… ugh, spread disease? Wipe out the city with a plague? Mutate people against their will? Anything like that?"

Kasumi brought a finger to her lips and seemed to give it some serious thought. This is not something you should have to think so hard about Kasumi! Eventually she turned to me and gave me a bright smile.

"I guess I can see the appeal for that, since spreading Papa Nurgle's special gifts would definitely make people happier. However it might be too presumptuous and rude to infect people without their permission."

I couldn't decide if her answer made me feel relieved or even more horrified.

Kasumi looked up as she turned thoughtful. "Of course, since they will thank me afterwards maybe it wouldn't be so bad? It's not their fault that they don't know how magical it would be after all."

"NO!" I said, loud enough that other people on the street turned to stare at me. "No, infecting people against their will would definitely be bad! Very bad. Très bad. Please Kasumi," I said, turning to her with an earnest, almost desperate face. "Please promise me you won't infect anyone without their permission."

Kasumi blinked owlishly in surprise at my outburst before her look turned thoughtful again. "Are you sure about that Yami-san? It seems really restrictive."

"Yes, I am sure," I said nodding enthusiastically. "In fact I haven't been more sure of anything… ever. In my whole life. So… can you please promise me you won't change anybody against their will?"

Kasumi seemed to hesitate and debate it, taking long enough to make me hold my breath in anticipation. Eventually however she smiled brightly at me and said, "Well, if you really think it's best then I promise. After all I'm going to have to start trusting your lead, Yami-taichou!"

"Thank you, Kasumi!" I almost sagged with relief at hearing her agree. For the time being at least potential disaster had been adverted. I really don't feel equipped to deal with this kind of responsibility! Then something else she'd said registered in my mind. "Wait… Taichou?"

"Right!" Kasumi said, nodding enthusiastically as an excited smile spread across her face. "We're going to be a team of Magical Girls, and you're going to be our leader. Together we will fight for love and justice and Chaos and right all the wrongs that exist in this world!" She turned to look at me curiously. "I'm surprised you don't know any of this though. Did you really have no idea?"

I ignored her question and incredulously asked one of my own. "Even though I'm sure a lot of that is… way wrong, are you actually okay with all of this?"

Kasumi sighed and her expression turned wistful. "Well… I have to admit lately I've been feeling a little jealous of all the excitement and new friends my little sister and her fiancée always seem to wind up in the middle of. But I never thought I would actually get the opportunity to have my own adventure. It's like a wish come true, something that I always thought would be impossible for someone like me. So yes Yami-taichou… I really am okay with all these huge changes going on in my life. Even if they cause me problems," she turned to me with a resolute look in her face, "I am not going to give up... and I am going to give it everything that I have."

I held her gaze for a few seconds before sighing tiredly. I wasn't sure how to even begin telling her this was a terrible idea or even if I should. Okay I probably should. But I don't think she would believe me. Maybe it was something I should ease into slowly?

I looked her. "It's okay Kasumi, we'll… work together from now on until we figure all of this out."

"Yay!" she said, clapping her hands in almost childish glee. I couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"Where did you get this idea that I'm your Taichou anyway?" I asked.

"Papa Nurgle told me."

Either she didn't notice my violent twitch or just ignored it.

"So ah… 'Papa Nurgle' just… talks to you in your head?" I asked with dread.

Kasumi's lips twisted in thought. "No, not per se. He mostly shows me stuff in my dreams. Then when I'm awake I'll sometimes get feelings or hints guiding me. Maybe a whisper very rarely."

"That's… how you knew me? Knew that I was coming?"

Kasumi nodded. "I knew that you would be coming at some point. I knew that I would be part of a team of magical girls. And I knew that you would need my help. I've been trying to get ready as best I can so my magic is as strong as it can be."

"Yeah, about that," I said. "Your magic… well, you really need to start being more careful about how you use it."

Kasumi turned to me with a surprised look on her face. "Why?"

How to explain this? "Well, you see… ugh there are some magical girls in this town who would hunt you down and attack you if they knew about you. Using your magic the way you have been makes you easy to track. That's how I found you so quick. Please you need to be careful, and make especially certain that they can't follow your magic trail back home."

Kasumi blinked at me owlishly and I wasn't a hundred percent sure in that moment that she got the seriousness of what I was trying to communicate.

"Do you understand Kasumi?" I asked gently.

To my surprise Kasumi's slightly confused and bewildered expression slowly turned into a grin.

"Wha-?"

"So what you're saying," Kasumi began with barely restrained excitement. "Is that there is a group of magical girls out there whose sole goal is to stop us?"

"Ugh… well… kinda?"

Kasumi made a little high pitched wailing noise of excitement that might have been a squee. "Oh we're going to be fighting a group of evil magical girls! This is just like a manga!"

My mouth dropped open. What…? When…? Why…? There was just so much wrong with that. I didn't even have the heart to tell her right then and there that we were the evil magical girls.

"Oh we should start getting you ready right away!" Kasumi said with a decisive nod before she started stepping towards me. "I need to give you Papa Nurgle's Gift as soon as possible!"

At her words I jumped back clear to other side of the street like a frightened cat, waving my hands around frantically in the negative. "NO! No, Kasumi! You're not giving me any Nurgle's Gift."

Kasumi's expression turned into a pretty frown. "But, you're going to need my help to reach your true potential. Right?"

"Be that as it may, it's not happening. I don't want it."

Kasumi's frown deepened. "But it's what you're supposed to do."

"No."

"Really?"

"No."

"I think it would be a really good idea."

"What part of 'NO' don't you understand?!"

"She's right you know."

Woodenly I turned my head to where the telepathic 'voice' had come from. Idly I noticed that Kasumi had heard it too. Both our heads turned to where Kyubey was sitting in the shadowed mouth of an alley.

"What do you want now, you little dev-"

"Oh my gosh, he's SO CUTE!"

… yeah. This day was going real swell.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 9: Dark Choices
~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 9: Dark Choices
My mouth twisted into a sinister sneer as I looked contemptuously down my nose at the evil devil-cat. In a motion that I didn't even know I could do I cocked my hip to the side and flicked my hair back disdainfully. "I'll not have it Kyubey. Why don't you take your 'helpful' opinions and go back to whatever hole you crawled out of, rat."

Kasumi tore her eyes from Kyubey long enough to look back and forth between the two of us with a small frown on her face. "I don't know Yami-san, the cute bunny-chan doesn't really look like a rat to me…"

"That's not the point!" I snapped, stamping my foot for some helpful added emphasis.

"Even if you become angry, that does not change the truth of my words Koakuma Yami. Accepting the gift from the patron of the Maiden of Plagues will allow you access to what would be, for you, a virtually unlimited pool of a particular permutation of Chaotic power. 'Gift' is an appropriate term, since it will grant you magic of the likes that many have lusted for and failed to achieve throughout human history."

I hesitated, for a second actually tempted by his offer. Unlimited power? Of course there were bound to be a hundred caveats to my 'unlimited pool' but I could likely still do… so many things. I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to have great magic? Change reality? To have something that many others had fought for and failed to achieve?

Then however I remembered. Looking at Kyubey I remembered that everything had a price. Like I said I didn't know if 'Nurgle' would work in the same corrupting fashion here as it did in the world of Warhammer40k that I remembered but chances were that the power would start shaping me and molding me, mentally and physically, into an instrument of Nurgle… or, in my particular case, probably more into whatever cartoon sort of Evil this "Primordial Chaos" seemed eager to turn me into.

As all of this went through my head I vaguely noted that Kasumi and Kyubey seemed to have a brief conversation. By the time I'd re-doubled my resolve to not accept any Chaos "Gifts" from Nurgle or anything else Kasumi had already walked up to the hell-cat, crouched down and picked his fluffy, snugly white body up. Kasumi even nuzzled it and squeed a little bit. It was all I could do not to be sick at the sight. In fact if I'd been in my old body, in any remotely kind of normal body, I would have probably puked at horrible wrongness that was occurring before me.

"Kasumi…" I began before I trailed off. She was just so smiley holding that little devil up to her chest I couldn't think up of a way to tell her that she really shouldn't be nuzzling and trusting that thing, no matter how fluffy and good to snuggle it's white, plushy body actually was. To add insult to injury Kyubey shot me what I absolutely swore was a smug look. Irritating little prick.

I'd warn her about Kyubey later when we could talk in private.

Clearing my throat caused both Kasumi and Kyubey to turn their attention back to me. Looking at the bunny-cat squarely in the eye I reiterated what I had been saying before. "No Kyubey. I know how the influence of Nurgle and the Ruinous Powers works. I'm not going to give up my free will to things that cheerfully name themselves 'Chaos' in exchange for a bit of power. So you can take your offer and shove it up whatever passes for an ass in you Incubators."

Kyubey just stared at me for a long time, long enough that it started to make me nervous. Kasumi just looked back and forth between the two of us, looking very confused but also willing to sit back and listen to the two of us for the moment. For my part I held my ground and reminded myself again why I needed do everything that I could not to give 'Chaos' even one more inch of influence over me than it already had.

"While your resistance is in some ways understandable, ultimately accepting a Gift is the only way you'll stand a chance to survive. If you don't it will only be a matter of time until you are dead."

Oh crap. I didn't want to ask. I really, really didn't want to ask. I ran my tongue over my new body's full lips. In the end, though, there really was no choice.

"What do you mean?" I asked with trepidation.

"Even though you have a body specifically designed for magical stealth it is not, nor was it ever intended to be, a completely fool proof system. The team of magical girls living in this city will eventually notice your presence. Once they are actively looking for you it will only be a matter of time before they track you down. So you see, you need the power that the Gift can offer you. Not only will it enable you fight at the same level as the magical girl threat already existing in this city, it will also further enhance your ability to stay hidden. If you don't want to be helpless when the inevitable confrontation occurs, you have no choice but to embrace the Gift of Nurgle."

Kasumi gasped at the implication that I'd be incapable of defending myself while I remained completely frozen except for a clenching of my jaw. There… there had to be a loophole. Kyubey was notorious for twisting facts to suit his agenda without ever having to utter a single lie. It couldn't be as bad as all that. It couldn't.

I shrugged, trying to seem casual. "I'll just leave the city then," I said as if the answer was obvious.

"The other Chaotic magical girls you are destined to meet are in this city. Without you they will be easy pickings for the nefarious magical girl team already operating in this city. Are you willing to abandon them to their fate?"

I clenched my jaw. Briefly I looked up at Kasumi who was giving me a look that was very adorably confused and just a little worried. Damn it. Could I really just abandon Kasumi and three other girls like her to the tender mercies of what sounded like a veteran team of magical girls? For all their puff and glitter I knew a lot of "defenders of love and justice" could be downright vicious. I couldn't just leave four girls to that kind of thing on their own... not to mention leaving them alone to try to fight and to do something about the corruption of Chaos that would inevitably be trying to take them over. I ground my teeth and closed my eyes. My conscience wouldn't allow me to just run and leave a bunch of pretty girls to fend for themselves. Damn it. Damn it.

"Besides eventually your diet would draw the attention of local hunters. Even if you were to defeat them it would only draw more powerful entities to you in time. Ultimately you would be killed given the relatively meager magical power you currently possess."

Okay, fine. So running was out. But that didn't mean I was helpless without the Gift. There had to be something else.

"Well, you said this body was designed as a Bioweapon, Kyubey," I said to it, sounding increasingly desperate. "That means I can use it to defend myself. I just don't know how. It would just be a matter of you explaining it to me, or figuring it out somehow."

"That is not a viable solution."

"Why not?" I spat at the bunny-devil.

"While it is true that the Bioweapon body you possess is powerful, its powers only allow for purely physical forms of attack and defense. Pure physical attacks are extremely ineffective against magical protections and a physical defense only offers mediocre protection against magical attacks at best. Ultimately magic is by far the most effective tool to fight beings such a magical girls. Without powerful magic of your own you cannot hope to match them. With your current capabilities any confrontation would carry with it a 99.5% probability of your defeat and utter destruction."

I stared at the thing that Kasumi was holding numbly. "Well then what good is your stupid Bioweapon?!"

"The raw physical capabilities of the Bioweapon can be enhanced with magic making them much more effective weapons. However the amount of magic your body can currently generate is insufficient for the task. It is also inefficient, as your body must produce its magic from a limited resource."

My mouth went dry at that. So those were my choices if I wanted to use magic? Accept an ultimately mind corrupting "Gift" that would allow me a functionally infinite pool of magic to draw from or continue to use the relatively small amount of magic my body could produce… but to continue to produce it, I would need to burn up fuel which would lead me to having to feed again sooner. Great. Magnificent. Wonderful options Alex. Just wonderful bloody options.

Suddenly feeling a bit faint – though it might have been more psychosomatic as wasn't sure my new body could even feel faint – I walked over and sat down on the steps of a nearby doorway. I cradled my head in my hands and dragged my fingers through my hair. Damn it. I couldn't see any obvious way that Kyubey had been twisting or omitting things to manipulate me… but even if he had been Kyubey does not lie. Everything he had said was in fact a fact, no matter how much I might want to deny it. A real fact even, not an Obi-Wan "from a certain point of view" kind of phony-baloney "fact". As I was I stood a 99.5% probability of dying when the magical girls found me. When they found me, Kyubey had made it clear it was only a matter of time.

Also I was weak. Looking up at a Kasumi who was now looking at me with worried eyes I realized that right then she was probably much more powerful than I was and could likely kill me if she wanted to. She had magic, she was an actual magical girl, albeit one who didn't seem to realize she was consorting with dark powers. As opposed to me who could do… what with her magic? Roof hop? Punch a hole through a brick wall if I used magic? Big deal. I wasn't even sure I really remembered all those martial arts I did as a teenager and in my early twenties all that well. What could I do if girls in short skirts suddenly starting raining magical death down on me? Not much. And I sure as hell wasn't going to ask Kasumi to put herself in harm's way just to protect me.

I hugged myself, suddenly feeling very alone and scared. I wasn't going to accept the Gift of Nurgle. That probably meant I was going to die. I didn't want to die, even though I may have deserved it. In fact given how horribly boned and messed up my situation was… maybe letting a bunch of protectors of love and justice end my existence in a wave of magical fire might be the best thing that I could do. I'd been ripped from my life, given a body that made me an obligatory cannibal and then been set on a path which seemed to say "accept becoming our Evil puppet or die". I'd already killed one person. Maybe it would be best to end myself before I succumbed to hunger and killed someone else. I could already feel the hunger creeping up, like a dull ache all through my body that would only continue to grow worse and worse.

Yet, even knowing all that… I didn't want to die. Maybe that made me a coward but I couldn't just make myself give up on life like that. Maybe it made me an evil person, knowing that I would keep living only at the expense of others. However I just couldn't even picture myself doing it, giving up and choosing to die. In life I'd never fought for much, but for life… I could fight for that. Even if I had to blacken my soul to do it.

I looked up at Kasumi who was now looking at me like she was trying to figure out how she could fix whatever was bothering me. Without a word she gently set Kyubey on the ground, walked over and sat down next to me on the doorway steps. Reaching for me she put an arm around my shoulders and gently pulled me in towards her until our heads and our shoulders were touching. There were no words, just Kasumi offering a near stranger her silent support and strength and comfort. God it was something I had desperately needed and something I desperately appreciated.

Seeing what little I could of Kasumi from where I was sitting I suddenly felt a powerful surge of protectiveness rise up inside of me for the girl – no, the young woman – who was currently holding me. Kasumi was every bit as kind as Ranma ½ had shown her to be, I now felt certain of that as I got to experience her nurturing spirit for myself. She didn't deserve this. She'd never asked for something that was going to try to twist the beautiful person she was inside into something destructive and cruel. I needed to save her. All the magical girls who would be tied up with me in this, I needed to save them. Even if I couldn't ultimately save myself I needed to be able to do something for Kasumi and the rest of them. Somehow.

To do that probably meant that I would have to kill again. Would I really do that? I closed my eyes and took and long shuddering breath. A few tears streamed down my face. Yes. If that's what it took to save Kasumi and the rest of them then yes. I would kill again.

The next time it would be with my eyes wide open. Maybe I was already a monster.

After making that sickening decision to live and fight I suddenly had more space to think and very quickly a plan started to come together in my mind. The more I thought of it the more I started to like it. It was a plan that while it might not eliminate the guilt it would at least make me feel somewhat better about it. My plan should also give me a way to deal with our short term problems as well as possibly giving us ways to deal with our longer term problems as well… without me having to accept any dubious "Gifts".

It would be risky. Incredibly risky. But with the knowledge that I had about this world and its inhabitants… it just might work.

I tried hard not to think about how plans usually tended to work out in Nerima.

"Kasumi," I said in a small voice. I almost winced when my intended soft and intimate tone came out sounding like a slightly-less-demanding-than-usual command.

"Yes Yami-chan?" Kasumi said gently, seemingly unperturbed by my tone and giving my shoulders an encouraging squeeze. Bless that girl.

"Would you… how would you feel about doing a little photo shoot?"

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 10: Crouching Hottie, Hidden Tentacles
~ooOO0OOoo~

AN: I listened to this awesome cover on repeat as I wrote this chapter. I thought I would include it. Enjoy.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Chapter 10: Crouching Hottie, Hidden Tentacles

Thankfully after talking to Kasumi it turned out that my plan could be implemented in only three days, much sooner than I had feared it might take. We agreed to get together early in the morning of the third day in order to implement the plan. When I told Kasumi what I was planning, I'd been both hopeful and afraid that she would reject the idea. After some frowns and internal debate Kasumi consented to going along with it. I was glad because I didn't have any better ideas but at the same time… it showed that Kasumi's personality had already been changed by the power of the Maiden of Plagues. She never would have accepted my plan so easily otherwise.

So that left me two days free to do whatever I wanted. On my way back to the penthouse at KHI I decided I was going to spend those days doing research and trying to find out who these other magical girls were, try to see what resources I had available as Yami and spend a long time talking to Kyubey asking him about the growing list of questions I had for the little fur ball. Even if he would most certainly try to twist things and mislead me he was still the only resource I had about everything that was going on. For the moment at least.

Unfortunately for me a harried looking and very enthusiastic Matsumoto Goro, who I really wanted to keep on my good side to help me navigate the waters of Koakuma Heavy Industries, came into the penthouse shortly after I'd returned. I looked on in horror as he showed me a schedule of my itinerary for the next few days. Apparently there was a lot to be done to officially bring me back from the dead. I had to talk to psychologists, doctors, bankers, shareholders, the press, insurance people, and lawyers. Oh dear God the lawyers.As I looked at the schedule with widening eyes I realized I had at least a dozen meetings with various lawyers over the next couple of days.

I put my foot down on the doctors, there was no way I was letting one of them examine me, and I demanded to have the third day that I needed with Kasumi off. With some visible reluctance and butler-level polite reprimands he eventually relented but only on the condition I take most of the meetings scheduled for the third day sometime in the first two. What I ended up with were a couple of sixteen hours days booked solid back to back.

To make things worse Kyubey had disappeared. Even in what little down time I had I couldn't pin the little devil down to ask him anything. Little bastard.

At first I'd been afraid of how horribly I'd mess it all up. I'd really been afraid that I would be discovered and called on for being a fraud sometime during the course of those meetings. However the following days when the meetings started I realized that something odd was happening. Not in every situation mind you, but very often it seemed I knew just what to do and how to conduct myself. When I noticed that anomaly I started paying closer attention. It was with some disturbance I found that I remembered some names of peoples and things I'd never heard of before. Sometimes when talking with people familiar with Yami I would slip into haughty arstroctic tones and mannerisms even without noticing. Even my whole body language occasionally became much more feminine and my speech easily slipped into using feminine words and pronouns.

It started to really freak me out until I realized what had probably happened. Some part of Koakuma Yami… somehow lived on inside me. I didn't have her memories but there were plenty of fragments of her knowledge and personality that seemed to slip through. It freaked me out because it felt so natural, like it was really a part of me. The memories of Miyako Kadena, the woman Kyubey had tricked me into consuming, were easily accessible to me but they felt very much separate from who I was. Yami's fragments one hundred percent and completely felt like me, to the point where I only intellectually could tell the difference apart.

It was unpleasant to have day long meetings with stuffy suits while silently having an identity crisis at the same time. As if being turned into a girl wasn't already straining my masculinity, now I was acting and talking like one for brief periods of time like I'd been doing it all my life. The few moments I had in private I made sure to walk in an extra plodding masculine manner and cuss like a sailor while using male words and pronouns. Sadly that didn't do much to immediately resolve my identity crisis.

On the plus side however those fragments of memory and personality helped me get through those two days and I'd even begun learning how to tap into them consciously. It still felt weird but a few times it had undoubtedly been an invaluable help. When it was all said and done I was fairly certain that while some people might have felt there were some things off about me and my spotty memory "as a result of the accident" was odd none of them had any doubt that I was in fact Koakuma Yami.

After the dizzying number of meetings ended two days later I was ready to jump out the penthouse window if they tried to make me deal with yet another group of overly-deferential middle aged suits. Early in the morning before the sun even rose on the third day I packed a bag and made my way to the roof. Relishing my first taste of freedom in two days I tapped into my innate magic and began roof hopping my way across town to the Tendo residence.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Kasumi and I made it to the beach at about nine in the morning. It had been fun, just taking the one hour train ride to the beaches and talking with Kasumi about everyday inconsequential stuff. She was so pleasant and easy to talk to it was hard not to really like Kasumi. I found it kind of hard to believe when she told me she had no suitors or guys who liked her. I insisted that she probably she had a whole fanclub and was just blissfully unaware of all the male appreciation that she actually received. Kasumi had just laughed it off and blushed slightly at my teasing. Though I hadn't actually been joking about that, mind you. Any guy would have to be crazy not to notice how amazing Kasumi was after spending just five minutes with her.

Once we got to the beach we headed straight for the girl's locker room to change. I couldn't help feeling like a pervert walking into the girl's facilities to change even if I was technically a girl myself. Thankfully the beach was pretty much completely empty at that hour.

Inside the almost deserted girl's locker room I stepped out of the stall I'd just changed in and walked with some trepidation over to the mirror. I looked at my reflection and sighed. When I'd hatched this plan I'd never considered that I'd been having some identity issues and that this would only make them worse.

The girl – my body – looking back at me from the mirror was almost stupidly absurd levels of hot in the light grey two piece swimsuit she was wearing. I could easily believe that my body had been designed and not natural because even supermodels were not so ridiculously perfect in all areas. Full lips, a perfectly symmetrical face, very large and perky breasts, narrow waist, long shapely legs, enticingly curving hips and an absolutely killer ass. I was practically temptation given flesh if not for the cold, almost cruel look that my face seemed to naturally take on.

My confusion and anxiety was momentarily put to the side when Kasumi walked out of the stall she had been changing in and came over to stand next to me. Instead of a provocative two-piece like I was wearing she had on a more conservative one piece that still managed to highlight her natural attractiveness. While my beauty was somehow unearthly and perfect Kasumi's beauty by comparison looked wholesome and cheery and welcoming. While objectively I had the more attractive physical form Kasumi was no slouch at all in that department herself. In fact if I'd had to choose between two girls that looked like us I would have definitely picked Kasumi over me. Warmth and kindness had always resonated more strongly with me than raw physical perfection.

"That looks very good on you Yami-chan. I told you there was no need to worry," Kasumi said cheerfully as we stood side by side looking in the mirror. She giggled a little before adding. "I'm fairly certain you could make anything look good actually."

"Thanks," I murmured, rubbing my arms and suddenly feeling self-conscious. "You uh, you look really good too Kasumi," I said, feeling a bit unsure about paying her the compliment. Looking in the mirror I saw my face reddening slightly.

Then what I had just done hit me.

Oh God damn it. Stuttering and blushing while playing compliments. No. Hell no. If I was going to be a girl, I wasn't going to be that kind of girl damn it!

Kasumi for her part was already looking like she was trying not to giggle at my expression. Okay. Time to move on and get this show on the road. Clearing my throat I walked over to the bench to pick up my bag. Going on impulse I wrapped my towel over my shoulders to cover my breasts and wrapped a dark sarong around my waist. I was going to have to be exposed for this to work but I was going to put that off for as long as I could.

"Let's go," I said, picking up my bag and heading for the exit.

Kasumi, looking entirely too amused, just nodded and followed me out to the beach.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Ten minutes later I was out in the shallow water. I could tell that the water was cold but where it came up half way up my calves I didn't feel the least bit of discomfort. Kasumi was standing by the shore holding a large Polaroid camera up to her face.

"Okay Yami-chan," said Kasumi enthusiastically. "Give me something flirty this time!"

Inwardly I cringed, but did my best to comply. This was my plan after all. My own way to justify this to myself. No matter how awkward actually doing this was for me I had to go through with it.

Thankfully for this amateur photo shoot I'd been able to tap into a bit of Yami's memories on how to do this kind of thing as well as some advice from Miyako's memories. I went with a pose I'd seen in anime pictures many times, bending forward so my cleavage was at it's fullest display while grinning saucily at the camera.

"Good one Yami-chan!" Kasumi said. She'd been getting really into this. "Try something else. How about some shots from behind? I've seen those work really well in magazines!"

Trying not to think too hard about my tattered dignity I turned around and, after consulting the twin female counselors in my head, I knelt on the sand and arched my back backwards while pulling my arms over my head in what I was assured was a sexy manner.

"Oh, good one! Good one! What else can you do?"

Though I knew Kasumi wasn't really objectifying me it sort of felt that way a bit. Trying to hide some of my blushing I went through pose after pose, imitating all of the best ones the two and a half sets of memories in my head could remember from various swimsuit photos and magazines. Kasumi gave continuous encouragement and a little bit of direction here and there, far more excited than she really had any right to be. Thankfully we'd come to the beach early enough that it was practically deserted. The only other people there were two young children along with their mother who kept shooting us the occasional disapproving look.

The worst part? It wasn't that the vast majority of me was somewhat mortified and embarrassed by going through the plan I had come up with. It wasn't even that some small part of me felt sexy and very smug about how incredibly good I knew I looked. No, the worst part was that I had no idea if it was me feeling that way, Yami feeling that way, or if there really wasn't any way to differentiate between the two of us anymore. Screw Ranma and his genderbent problem. At least he didn't have to worry about his mind being possibly irreversibly altered to be more like that of a now dead female.

Next time I saw Kyubey I was going to punt him into a red smear on the wall. Again.

After Kasumi had nearly fifty pictures that she deemed "good" we finally called it quits. I saw Kasumi look longingly at the water for a minute and instantly felt bad. We were here for a reason and were on something on a schedule so we had to get back and catch the next train back to Nerima.

"Hey," I said to her, stepping out of the water and approaching her. "We'll come back sometime okay? I'm guessing you probably don't get to come out to the beach all that much."

Kasumi looked surprised at my suggestion before shooting me a pleased and grateful smile. "That would be nice. Maybe when we find the other girls we could all take a trip back here together?" she mused. "I think that would be nice."

I smiled back at her, though inwardly I wasn't a hundred percent comfortable with the idea. How do you, for example, frolic with a bunch of girls in the water, as a girl, when you're mentally a guy, without feeling like some kind of pervert who is taking advantage of them? Kasumi didn't even know I was attracted to girls and that it took quite a bit of effort to keep my eyes in appropriate places when she was wearing that bathing suit.

Maybe I would need to fess up to my situation?

"Sure. We can see about doing that," I said, hiding the trepidation that I felt.

~ooOO0OOoo~

We were nearly back to the parking lot and the public changing rooms when it happened.

I got my first taste as a girl of guys being disgusting assholes.

We turned a corner and were suddenly less than ten feet away from four guys in their twenties. From looking at them it really obvious that they had been out on an all night bender and were just now starting to drag their inebriated asses home. The tallest one, a guy with messy hair and an ugly soul patch, was the first one to notice us. He looked at Kasumi first before turning to me, his eyes leering me up and down with an expression that made me distinctly uncomfortable. He licked his chapped lips and spoke.

"Hey babes. Man, the two of you are fine. We're going back to my place to keep the party going, why don't you two honeys tag along?"

At his words the rest of his buddies turned to look at us. It was only a second before their looks turned to leers and one of the classy guys actually wolf whistled. Briefly I looked around. This early in the morning there was no one around, the parking lot was practically deserted and there was no one in sight. It was just us and these bozos. Damn it. I'd never had to deal with anything like this before.

They were in between us and where we needed to go. We'd just have to get them to move. Making my voice cold as ice I leveled the lot of them an unimpressed look. "No thanks. Now if you don't mind, we need to get going. We have an appointment we cannot be late for."

Instead of moving aside like reasonable, polite men would have done soul patch guy grinned and started swaggering towards us. Emboldened by his actions his buddies followed along, lecherous and amused smiles on their face. All of them were bigger than me and Kasumi. Didn't these idiots realize how this looked?

Soul patch stopped right in front of me, grinning with a stupid look on his face. I could easily smell the alcohol on his breath. "Don't be like that Snow Angel. We just want to show a good time."

"No. Thanks." I replied flatly. This close I could feel the warmth in his body. In the past two days I'd only gotten hungrier. This idiot provoking me wasn't helping that. "Come on Kasumi," I said, turning my head to look at her. "Let's go."

I moved to turn around when soul patch grabbed my arm. My flesh roiled a bit underneath my skin. Now that a regular human was touching me the feeling of hunger inside of me seemed to expand. I was tempted just to let my body act the way it wanted to, it would feel so good to absorb him whole. And of course if I did that then there couldn't be any witnesses…

I shuddered as I pushed those thoughts away. The idiot holding on to my arm grinned at seeing that. He either thought my shudder meant I was scared or that I liked him grabbing my arm. Suicidal soul patch guy couldn't have been any more wrong on either count.

"Come on baby, don't be like that," he said in a wheedling tone as his thumb caressed my arm. "My place is huge and my pop's got it stocked with the best booze. We'll show you a good time, I promise."

His buddies all said various things in the affirmative, moving in and crowding me and Kasumi in even more. I couldn't move, afraid if I did I would start getting violent. Being hungry as I was meant beating up all these guys and letting them live might be beyond my current capabilities. But if they didn't back off soon I was going to snap. Anyway I saw the situation it was likely going to end in blood and these idiots didn't even realize that they were setting off a monster.

"Now there's no need for that," Kasumi said in a gentle reproaching tone. Everything seemed to stop as everyone present turned to look at her. "I'm sure you nice boys have some nice games that you wish to play, but I'm afraid that we really need to make it to our train on time."

Almost as if by magic the leering, encroaching men suddenly looked much less sure of themselves. Kasumi just gave them a sweet disarming smile. Two of the four guys looked positively dazzled by it.

"Now I don't mean to be rude, but we really should be going. You boys get home safe, okay?"

The men seemed to snap out of whatever trance they were in and started muttering apologies.

"S-sure, of course…"

"Very sorry, we'll do that Miss…"

"Yeah, absolutely, we're so sorry to have troubled you…"

The only one who wasn't immediately won over by Kasumi was soul patch. He looked conflicted before looking back at me and leering at my body once again. What he saw seemed to make up his mind because suddenly his grip tightened around my arm. It was all I could do not to grab that… pig by the throat and absorb him into my body.

"Let go," I hissed at him.

Soul patch seemed momentarily taken aback by the venom in my voice before the alcohol in his system shored up his courage. "Naw, you just don't see a beauty like you every day honey. I'm not going to just let you walk away. In fact, you and me are gonna go back to my place and then I'm going to show you what a real man does with a hot piece of ass like you."

He yanked my arm, trying to pull me towards him. Soul patch seemed surprised when I didn't budge an inch. I was trying to decide how to get away from him without killing him when Kasumi interfered.

"I'm sorry," she said, placing a placating hand on soul patch's shoulder. However there was something different about her voice this time. It was still gentle Kasumi, but there was a certain terrifying… something in her voice that I couldn't properly identify. "But we're going to be late. I must insist that you let us be on our way."

Then a wave of dark power crashed into my senses causing me to gasp a little in shock. I could feel the magic rush from Kasumi and into the thug she was touching. The magic felt foul and defiled… yet somehow still strangely familiar and almost comforting. Instantly the thug let go of my arm and fell to his knees, violently vomiting all over himself with an intensity that couldn't be entirely natural.

"Oh my," Kasumi said, bringing her hand to her mouth in a gesture of surprise. "I suppose maybe he had a little too much to drink last night. Don't you agree Yami-san?"

I nodded numbly as the guy on the floor heaved like all of his internal organs had suddenly decided they wanted explode out of his mouth. His buddies crowded in around him in concern and Kasumi and I took the opportunity make our exit. I shot her a questioning look which only caused Kasumi to giggle.

"What was that?" I whispered to her as soon we were far enough away not to be overheard.

"Just a little trick," she said with a shrug while still having the giggles.

Aw hell. "You didn't… infect him or anything… did you?" I asked with trepidation.

"No silly, I promised you I wouldn't without your permission, didn't I Yami-taichou?" Kasumi replied easily. "He'll just be sick for a day or two. He'll be just fine afterwards." Then brought her finger to her lips in a thoughtful gesture. "Probably."

I just looked at her, wanting to somehow reprimand her but… well… she had stopped me from potentially killing all of those assholes. And besides what I had planned for later on that day was in fact far, far worse. Even though I sort of wanted to I had no ground to be throwing stones.

"Well… thanks Kasumi," I said a little grudgingly. "I'm impressed with how you handled those guys."

"Oh it was nothing," she said with a dismissive gesture. "They were just some silly boys who were feeling a little bit playful, that's all."

I just looked at Kasumi in disbelief before snorting in amusement.

"Come on. Let's hurry up and get changed. We have a train to catch and then the rest of the plan to carry out."

At the mention of the plan Kasumi seemed to wilt a little. Internally I winced. Part of me couldn't help but feel like I was only corrupting her further. I felt terrible about it. But I really couldn't think of anything better.

If you don't have many choices then sometimes you have to choose the lesser evil. Even if the lesser evil is still evil as hell.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Happosai returned to the Tendo Dojo after having stashed his latest haul of panties in an undisclosed location. He'd taken them to keeping them in his room at the dojo at first. Of course he'd quickly learned that was a mistake as that troublesome Ranma and even little Akane had destroyed his stash on numerous occasions. Ungrateful brats. Didn't they understand that an old man like him had such few pleasures left in life? Was it really so wrong if he took a few panties here and there? Alas, now he stored his stash in various locations around Nerima. Not as convenient as the dojo but they at least guaranteed that his silky darlings would still be there for him to roll around in when the urge eventually took him.

Entering the Tendo home Happosai stretched his senses out, quickly realizing that no one was home except for Kasumi in the kitchen and an individual whose energy he didn't recognize in the upstairs bathroom. Feeling a bit peckish the old Grandmaster of the Anything Goes Martial Arts School made his way to the kitchen.

"Kasumi, my girl!" he exclaimed, jumping up on the counter. "How are you doing today?"

The girl regarded him with what he thought was a sad look for a second before it was gone and her typical cheerful smile took its place. "Grandfather, I am very well thank you. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"As a matter of fact I was a mite hungry," Happosai replied leadingly.

"Well, in that case I was just making a little something. Why don't you take a seat Grandfather? It will be done in just a couple of minutes."

"Right-o, thank you Kasumi-chan!" the diminutive pervert said cheerily before going to do just that.

About ten minutes later Kasumi came into the dining room holding a tray. As she did so Happosai took the time to admire her. A real beauty, that one had turned out to be. Very shapely with grade A breasts. Too bad her aura was too peaceful and tranquil to really get his engine going. The fact that she was more-or-less family was really only secondary in that consideration.

"Here you go Grandfather," Kasumi said cheerfully as she set all the dishes on the tray in front of him.

To Happosai's surprise and delight he saw that Kasumi had been making all of his favorite dishes. What a wonderful child! She was the only one who really had any appreciation for her elders! Unlike that ungrateful Ranma who wouldn't let him play with her breasts or wear the lingerie he brought her. Thanking the eldest Tendo daughter profusely Happosai began to eat voraciously. It tasted great. In fact it tasted wonderful. It was a feast worthy of a last meal.

"Grandfather," Kasumi asked politely as she refilled his tea. "I was wondering if I might speak to you for a moment after you are finished?"

What was this? He wasn't really interested in anything she had to say. Then again she had just made this wonderful feast for him so he supposed he could be magnanimous.

"Sure Kasumi, no problem!" he said cheerfully as he quickly shoveled in the last of the food.

Afterwards, feeling fat and satisfied, Happosai cleaned his teeth with one finger and graciously allowed Kasumi to converse with him. "Well what is it girl?" the old pervert asked. "What is it that you would like to talk to me about?"

"Well," began Kasumi, suddenly looking a bit nervous but still managing her trademark smile. "I have a very good friend you see. My friend has heard all about what an amazing Martial Arts Master you are and how you founded the Anything Goes Style. This friend of mine asked me to request a meeting with you, since they would very much like to learn the Anything Goes Style from you."

Well, that was unexpected. There had hardly ever been anyone asking him to teach them. Then again there was no way he was going to waste his time teaching some new waste of space. He'd already done the student thing with Soun and Genma. Ranma was interesting and a worthy heir, but he'd never had to teach that young man from scratch after all.

"I'm afraid I don't take students anymore Kasumi-chan," Happosai said with a mock-sad shake of his head. "Tell your friend that it simply won't be possible."

"Oh," said Kasumi, wilting a little. "I'm sorry to hear that. She's going to be so disappointed."

Happosai's ears perked up at that. "She?" he asked with very obvious interest.

Kasumi nodded solemnly. "She's a very nice young woman. I'm afraid she really had her heart set on this. I hope she won't take your rejection too hard."

"This friend of yours…" Happosai asked, leaning forward. "What does she look like? Is she… well… how do I put this... a little hottie with big boobs?"

Kasumi seemed to think about it for a few moments before brightening up. "I think so, but I'm not sure what Grandfather considers appealing. However I have a photo album of her from the last time we went to the beach. Would you like to see it?"

Happosai's eyes sparkled. Pictures of young hotties? In bathing suits? At the beach? YES PLEASE. Eagerly Happosai nodded so fast that his head was practically a blur.

With a smile Kasumi reached under the table and pulled out a photo album. Happosai wondered why she was keeping it under the dining room table but all such thoughts flew out the window as soon as Kasumi opened the first page. With incredible speed even for a martial artist of his caliber the old man snatched the photo album out of her hands and practically crushed his face into it.

"W-who is this?!" Happosai wailed, practically crying tears of joy at the amazing beauty contained in those pages.

"That's my friend Yami-chan," Kasumi replied cheerfully. "She's a very smart and friendly girl."

Though she might well be smart, the girl in those photos didn't look friendly at all. Not that it detracted at all from her exotic allure. If anything it only enhanced it further. That pale, perfectly unmarred skin. That long, lustrous snow white hair. Those curves. Those calves. That ass. That cold and perfect face. And… and…

"By the Kami, what tits!" Happosai screamed out loud, unable to contain himself.

Those were, without a doubt, absolutely perfect S++ quality tits. It had been hundreds of years since he had seen something so beautiful! Tears freely ran down Happosai's face. They were perfect in every way. The proportions. The height. The perkiness. The only thing he couldn't assess was the bounce but he could tell from experience that would be perfect well. Even Ranma-chan didn't have tits this good! Hers only barely rated an S+ ranking on her best day!

As he furiously flipped through all the pictures Happosai began to put together his thoughts on the absolutely magnificent, one-of-a-kind female specimen in front of him. That ice-queen and slightly cruel look on her face that was apparent even when she was smiling sent shivers down his back. This looked like the kind of woman who would slap you in the face, order you to strip naked while she remained dressed, whip you and choke you with your own belt and then step on your balls with her spiked heels while she smiled cruelly at the pained look on your face. And then make you like it.

"And she wants to be my student?" Happosai asked Kasumi in disbelief, his eyes never leaving the pages he kept furiously flipping through.

"Of course Grandfather," Kasumi said. If her voice was just a little stiff then the Master of Anything Goes didn't notice it.

This was someone Kasumi knew! Oh to behold those breasts in person! Those looks! He could only salivate as he imagined what the Ki of her panties might taste like!

"W-where is she?" Happosai asked, his voice shaking a little. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been this excited over a new conquest. "I-I'll need to fondl- err evaluate her personally. To see if she's fit to be a student. You understand, a great master like me can't just take on any tit- err person off the streets as a student you know."

Kasumi nodded sadly, but again Happosai was too hyper focused on the pictures to notice. "Of course Honored Grandfather. If you could wait a while Yami-chan will be down here soon. She is currently upstairs taking a bath in the bathroom."

Happosai froze, not having been sure if he'd heard right. His luck was never that good. "You said," he began with tears in my eyes, "that she's taking a bath… this girl… right now… upstairs?"

Kasumi nodded once as solemnly as if she were in a wake. "Yes Honored Grandfather."

"Well!!!" Exclaimed Happosai. "Need to go Kasumi! Bye!"

Happosai turned to run at top speed. To his surprise he was stopped when strong feminine arms suddenly wrapped around him in a hug. Happosai faltered, confused by the sudden move.

"Kasumi?" he asked questioningly.

"Honored Grandfather," she began, sounding sad. "It has been an honor knowing you. I promise that when you die, your body will be used to give rise to new life, so that your legacy will go on forever. Death is only natural. I will make sure that only the best comes from yours. You have my solemn promise Grandfather."

"Ugh… thanks?" Happosai said, feeling very confused. Something told his instincts that something was very… off here. However the thought of perfect S++ breasts was too alluring to keep him distracted for long. Prying Kasumi's hands off him he gave her a cheeky wink. "I'll hold you to that. Got to go. Bye!"

In seconds he was outside and hanging by his fingertips under the small window that lead directly into the upstairs bathroom. Pulling himself up effortlessly the ancient martial arts Master looked over the lip of the windowsill. What he saw inside took his breath away.

She was even more magnificent in person. There she was, completely nude as the day she was born! Sitting on a stool she was rising off the soap that was covering her body. As the suds washed off the red-eyed, pale beauty even more of her figure was tantalizingly revealed for his eyes to feast on. If anything she was even more beautiful, her breasts even more magnificent in person! And her white hair was clearly one hundred percent natural. How exotic!

Happosai was not a man who often restrained himself when it came to his desires. This case was no different. Shivering with excitement like a Chihuahua the old master let out a war cry that was feared and despised by every single woman all across Nerima.

"SWEETO!"

Happosai shot through the bathroom window with the literal speed of a bullet. He bounced off the floor, opened his arms wide and launched himself straight for the girl's perfect plushy pillows. Happosai didn't give her any time at all to react before he was latched on to her chest like a suckerfish and motorboating vigorously in between her breasts for all he was worth.

They were miraculous! Heavenly! The feel, the density, the softness! There were no greater breasts anywhere! They were… they were…

It took him far too long to realize something was wrong. By the time he took the time to notice that something wasn't quite write his hands up to his wrists and half his head had already been sucked into her body. In immediate panic he tried to pull away. This only triggered the… thing… that he was attached to to react violently all at once. The girl's torso and arms exploded into a mass of red-and-black fleshy tentacles that instantly wrapped all around his diminutive body holding him fast and preventing him from pulling away. At the same time he felt the parts of him that were already inside the girl get speared and attacked by more hooks and tentacles. Happosai screamed as he felt the tentacles start to try to dig into his skull. Only his martial arts and Ki hardened bones stopped them from instantly penetrating his skull and pulping his brain.

The Old Master finally started to truly struggle with all of his centuries of martial arts strength but the tentacles were monstrously strong and he had no leverage. Happosai screamed again as he felt the parts of him inside of the monster girl being rapidly stripped of skin and muscle. Only his bones seemed to hold strong but even those were quickly losing the battle against the demon that was trying to eat him.

He was pulled inch by inch further into her body even as he struggled in every way he could possibly think of. It was all for naught. When his entire head and the tips of his shoulders where already in the demon's body and it had started dissolving his neck and all of the major arteries contained within was when Happosai realized that the fight was already over.

"Oh well," Happosai thought, strangely at peace with how he had met his end. "They might have been demon boobs, but they were still the best damn boobs that I experienced in over two hundred years! I really can't think of a much better way to die…"

Even though he knew it was over Happosai continued to struggle until the very end. He might have been a pervert, but he was also a martial artist. There was no way he could go into the next life satisfied unless he fought this final opponent until the very end.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Ranma Saotome sneaked in through the window of the upstairs room he shared with his Pop, feeling irritated and not at all sorry about leaving Akane behind as he'd made his way back home. Stupid tomboy. He'd asked her, after thinking it over a lot about how he wanted things between the two of them to go, if they could spend the day together doing stuff. Akane had been suspicious at first but had eventually agreed. Things after the failed wedding had been rough between them and one of them had to take the first step if they wanted to make things right, and it sure as heck wasn't going to be 'kane.

They'd been out for barely an hour when Kodachi had shown up, spouting her usual line of nonsense. That would have been fine except Shampoo picked that moment to hit him from behind with her bike, throwing him face forward straight into Kodachi's chest. That had gotten him malleted into a new crater by Akane. Stupid tomboys with their stupid gorilla strength. Then Mousse had shown up, demanding to know what Ranma had done to Shampoo in order to get Akane so mad at him. It had only escalated from there and their day together had been ruined. Needless to say it had put them both in a bad mood.

Did Akane really have to blame him for everything every time though? It clearly hadn't been his fault. She'd been there, she'd seen it for herself! Yet somehow she still always managed to blame him. He wasn't a pervert and frankly Ranma was getting really sick and tired of being called that all the time when it simply wasn't true.

Deciding to take a bath in order to calm down Ranma sighed and made his way to the bathroom. Having expected only Kasumi to be home downstairs and being distracted by his own dark thoughts Ranma didn't think to check if the bathroom was occupied before opening the door. When he did he really wished he'd checked the sign before subjecting himself to what he saw.

It was… a girl kneeling on the floor. Except there were tentacles sprouting from her arms and torso. Fleshy, freaky red and black tentacles twisting and thrashing everywhere. As if only to add to the utter wrongness that he was seeing, sticking out of her chest… were a pair of tiny legs. That were still kicking. It took him a moment of horrified realization to notice that they belonged to the old pervert.

In a rare instance for him Ranma only stared frozen as the kicking legs of the Grandmaster of the Anything Goes School were sucked into the girl's body, kicking and buckling weakly the whole time. When the legs were finally fully pulled in all the way and all traces of them had disappeared the tentacles then began to pull back and withdraw, pulling back in and reforming into the body of the girl. In only seconds all of the tentacles were gone leaving only a regular looking teenager in their place. She sank into seiza there on the floor with her head thrown back and her eyes closed with a look of pure ecstasy on her face.

She was… gorgeous. Granted that was nothing new to Ranma. He was surrounded by gorgeous girls trying to get his attention every day and he even turned into one himself. However this one looked so perfect… there was no way that it was natural. Given what he had just seen it was almost a hundred percent certain that her looks weren't natural.

I really hope she's not a fiancée.

The girl kneeling on the floor finally opened her eyes and seemed to realize she wasn't alone. She turned her head to look at him and her expression slowly morphed to one of fear and shock. The two of them just stared at each other, monster girl and genius martial artist, for a few moments that seemed to stretch out forever.

In the end however she was the one who reacted first.

The girl crossed her arms over her breasts, threw her head back, and screamed.

"PERVERT!!!"

Yeah, thought Ranma as he winced at the volume of her screech, that's about right.

~ooOO0OOoo~

Back