I feel like in general you can spend lifetimes exploring the differences between "normal" Triggers that deeply affect mind and body like Labyrinth and Crawler, Case 53s and other works of Cauldron trial and error adaptation, "natural" cape-farming and multigenerational abuse and overclocked cluster Triggers and everything like with Heartbreaker and the Nazi capes and the Dallon family, and etc..., etc..., even all the way to actually making definitions that separate Endbringers and other S-Class threats from "broken" Trigger events.

There's enough esoteric Lore(tm) on weird Trigger edge cases, that Cauldron could reasonably still exist just as in its first appearances- as a high level mysterious group mostly dealing in the vagaries of what the fuck parahuman powers are and how the fuck they work, without having them balloon into the illuminati with some grand plan.

Last edited:
"That you aren't my worst enemy," I said, and I let myself sigh.

Emma shook her head, face twisting into an expression I couldn't understand, "You live in a city with Nazis, and--"

"Yes," I said,
Now isn't that a kick in the pants? That Taylor considers Emma a greater threat than superpowered neo-Nazis who would kill her without a second thought? I know it's probably far too much to hope that it will get her to back off her "torment Taylor to make her stronger" plan entirely, but maybe it could be the first domino of introspection that pays off later? I always like it when fics resolve the situation with Emma and/or Sophia in a more interesting way.

I feel like in general you can spend lifetimes exploring the differences between "normal" Triggers that deeply affect mind and body like Labyrinth and Crawler, Case 53s and other works of Cauldron trial and error adaptation, "natural" cape-farming and multigenerational abuse and overclocked cluster Triggers and everything like with Heartbreaker and the Nazi capes and the Dallon family, and etc..., etc..., even all the way to actually making definitions that separate Endbringers and other S-Class threats from "broken" Trigger events.

There's enough esoteric Lore(tm) on weird Trigger edge cases, that Cauldron could reasonably still exist just as in its first appearances- as a high level mysterious group mostly dealing in the vageries of what the fuck parahuman powers are and how the fuck they work, without having them ballon into the illuminati with some grand plan.
Y'know, just once I'd like to see Cauldron transition (heh) into a secret league of super-therapists.

Back