It would be awesome if Hiver could give us more details when he solves this mess.

The last mess with the plot against the AI was solved rather lamely ... just one sentence about mass suicide and nothing else ...

More in depth would be nice

It would be awesome if Hiver could give us more details when he solves this mess.

The last mess with the plot against the AI was solved rather lamely ... just one sentence about mass suicide and nothing else ...

More in depth would be nice

Can't say I disagree. The mass telepath suicide seems...off, heavily. Even an epilogue discussing it in more detail would have helped.

Errr, it seems very likely that the conspiracy is still on, given the unusual attempts here.
Nah, Klingons sabotaging important developments and killing each other for political gain is pretty normal for Klingons. At a certain level, it's even culturally acceptable for them to do it.

Holy shit. I just finished catching up on all of this story - all the way from Not Quite SHODAN - but I'd just like to say that the Klingon chapter was exciting. Spirit and Loyalty indeed!

Would I want to read nothing but this? No. But holy shit, that was an amazing 33 chapters. This is the beauty of such a well-crafted story: This moment has been enriched by all the context that came before, and can enrich all the content that comes after. These scenes could not stand so well alone, and a story made of nothing but this wouldn't work as well, but thanks to your writing this and all the other chapters can exist and be better together.

Captain Wozh now understands the true nature of Love.
His ship is the most Klingon Ship.
The first thing she did, his ship punched out one of his teeth.
His ship headbutts people.
Someone tried to blow up his ship, so she took a 150-year-old piece of scrapyard junk and flew that instead - and when someone tried to assassinate her again, she killed them and took their ship!
His ship had a strong opinion about the nature of honor, so she fought and shouted and killed her way into taking over an interstellar empire by killing their leader in single combat, then refused it because it wasn't honorable and instead told everyone in the entire sector how to live a life of honor and glory!

His ship is the best ship!!

I think that she will truly leave... and the Klingons are going to reform.
There may be civil war. There will definitely be a lot of work and even more shouting.
But they will want to become a people that can convince Synan to come back.
She just described for them wars of glory and honor, with no skulking and no betrayal, where your enemies are powerful but your allies are strong and trustworthy.

We'll see. There are still secrets and conspiracies out in the galaxy - Are there still Founders running around Foundation space? What do the Founders really want with the Jovians - and is there a real chance to make peace with them on behalf of their crew and the Federation? How long until the Borg come again? How long until they manage to assimilate a Berserker... or a Jovian? What truly drove those telepaths, and what had so much of their loyalty - or so much control over them - that they would commit suicide rather than even try to flee?

Last edited:
Back