Project Moon Thread

There's a non-zero chance that he's a solo banner in which case it's better to spark him. Used my 3* ticket and got both maids so I'm happy with my 30000 lunacy stack. The real life Walpurgis Night is at the end of April so we might be getting that event soon.
Hindley and Erlking are the two remaining IDs missing from our pool so far, maybe we'll get 1 furry as an extra for Erlking?

Fuck indeed. It's been a while since we've had such a bittersweet ending, with the last one that could count as a 'lowpoint' being literally at launch with Canto III.

It opens up a lot of possibilities for Canto VII and Don Quixote.

Very unpleasant possibilities.

I always conceptualize alternate universe versions of someone as 'strangers that seem similar to that person.' Like, if a pair of twins grew up with identical appearances, backstories, and looks, they're still different people in the end. That doesn't change if the twins grew up in separate places or even whole Mirror Worlds apart.

I guess I can see why Demian calls using Identities as 'theft.' Even if the people in the Mirror look similar to the Sinners... they aren't the Sinners themselves. They're just a bunch of strangers who just so happen to share their names, appearances, and approximate backstories. The Sinners have no right to those Identities' skills and abilities, they just happen to be compatible with them.

Obviously that makes little difference for Limbus Company itself. They just needed a way to empower their units, and this way works no matter if you label it 'right' or 'wrong.'

It makes me wonder if you can take someone else's Identity if you have the right affinity for it. Not like, turning yourself into a 'perfect dough' blank slate that can take on any Identity. But like Heathcliff taking on a Cathy Identity or vice versa. If their hearts were aligned enough, could a version of Cathy have 'resurrected' Heathcliff by taking on his Identity upon herself? Obviously a level of divergence is allowed else we wouldn't be able to use 000 Identities at all, so it sounded plausible enough for me.

It was sort of what I thought would happen when I heard about the 'I am Heathcliff' line.

Last edited:
I mean Isa(Linton's sister) is not a dough as seen with her corpse having hair after we defeating rabbit boss heathcliff so you can probably put an identity on yourself as long as there is a possibility of you becoming that person no matter at which point in time you are in?

I mean Isa(Linton's sister) is not a dough as seen with her corpse having hair after we defeating rabbit boss heathcliff so you can probably put an identity on yourself as long as there is a possibility of you becoming that person no matter at which point in time you are in?
Oof, the spoiler tag malfunctioned when I opened the page up and I got a faceful of sadness.

Anyways, I was reading Human Resource's latest update featuring Carmen when a murderous plot bunny jumped into my brain and train-jacked my thoughts, before proceeding to savagely brutalize me until I wrote it down onto paper.

Raj, a poor fixer sap in a Workshop Office, has a nasty breakup/betrayal, and Carmen pops into his head to do her usual thing, but instead accidentally causes him to fall in love with the kindly disembodied voice in his brain.

This prevents him from becoming a distortion, but is arguably worse for his mental health. He begins talking to Carmen out loud, and all of his colleagues believe that he has gone insane.

They debate over whether or not to talk to their boss to have him fired, but one of them brings up that this imaginary "Carmen" and the one-sided snatches of the conversations they overhear from Raj's end sound a whole lot like the rumors of the unnamed "Voice in The Light" that people hear before becoming distortions.

Alarmed, his colleagues argue over whether or not to just kill him, but one fixer posits that this might be something similar to a mental attack by some hidden monster, and suggests using a moonstone ring to try curing him before jumping straight to outright killing him.

They ambush him and hold him down long enough to put the ring on him. The moonstone ring works successfully, blocking out Carmen's voice.

The guy distorts immediately after realizing that he can no longer hear Carmen in his head and proceeds to kill all of his friends and coworkers.

SNIPS:

"I don't exactly have a body, though." The Voice pointed out. "Do you truly think that you can really be happy in a relationship with a disembodied voice?"

"That doesn't matter to me! I love you either way! I've always loved you, ever since the time you first spoke to me!" Raj proclaimed.

"She's not real, Raj!" His coworker shouted at him.

"SHE IS REAL TO ME!!!" Raj screamed.

TITLES:
LIGHT OF MY LIFE
A CALMING VOICE
A KINDLY WORD
WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS JUST BE YOURSELF

Last edited:
Fuck indeed. It's been a while since we've had such a bittersweet ending, with the last one that could count as a 'lowpoint' being literally at launch with Canto III.

It opens up a lot of possibilities for Canto VII and Don Quixote.

Very unpleasant possibilities.
If there weren't things like the background of her EGO art having rows of impaled people and the implication in Canto 2 that her gremlin energy is a facade, I would had half-expected PM to troll us and have her Canto be a dumb and funny adventure like Canto 2 to balance the depression of the previous Canto.

I've seen two interesting theories about her potential background lately:

One is that she actually already is a distortion, namely a Bloodfiend (the PM equivalent of a vampire), like the girl from the Reverberation Ensemble with the red eyes and blood tendrils in the face in LoR. That theory comes from the fact that her base EGO ("The Blood of Sancho") has connection with blood and also heals her (an ability unique among the base EGOs and also typical of vampirism), her tendency to eat absolutely anything, even raw Abnormalities, her familiarity with the distortion phenomenon (herself being one) and her antiquated way of speaking (meaning she's either much older than she looks, or was raised by centuries old Bloodfiends who also have an antiquated language). And on a meta level, there's also the fact that she half remember Moses and Distortion Detective being the main source of lore about bloodfiends. The big point against this theory is that bloodfiends all have red eyes, and she doesn't.

The second theory is connected to the fact that the Intervallos are connected to the upcoming Sinner's main story chapter :
  • Hell's Chicken introduced Samjo who was actually testing the Sinners to see if they are competent for the task K Corp would give them in Canto 4
  • Magic Hellbus showed the installation of the bus' boat mode that will let the Sinners navigate the Great Lake, and also showed the start of Ishmael's mental breakdown that would culminate in Canto 5
  • Miracle in District 20 was about Heathcliff wanting to find a good attire for his return to Wuthering Heights to show Catherine that he became a successful man, hinting at how obsessed he is to be worthy of her love
And now according to the road map, we'll have two Intervallos before Canto 7: one apparently inspired from a Sherlok Holmes' style detective novel (complete with detective outfit), and another detective story taking place... in a WARP train. And then people remembered the scene in LoR where W Corp agents explains that one time, the people trapped in the WARP train created an entire medieval society with kings, nobility, knights..., and it's also explained that W Corp's restoration Singularity is not 100% perfect and that sometimes, it restore the person slightly differently than before, like being one centimeter taller or shorter, or weighting 1 kilo more or less.
So the theory goes that Don was aboard that specific train, became a knight in that new society, and then draw the shittiest luck ever by being one of the 0.0001% case where the restoration wasn't perfect and instead of a slight difference of weight or height, it's her brain that wasn't correctly reset, leading to her partially or completely remembering her time in that train, which let her in the nigh non-functional state we know her. (ten millenia as an undying aberration in a medieval makeshift micro-society tends to do that to you)

uhm.
bloodfiends all have one distinct characteristic...and that is their eyes are red.
Indeed, I mention it in my post, and it's the main argument against her being a bloodfiend.
You could cook up an explanation, like her eyes being augmentations (like those that gives Vergilius his characteristic red gaze), or new lore that bloodfiend not drinking blood for a while had their eyes revert to their original color or something like that, but we'll have to wait for Canto 7 to (maybe) get an answer.

It makes me wonder if you can take someone else's Identity if you have the right affinity for it. Not like, turning yourself into a 'perfect dough' blank slate that can take on any Identity. But like Heathcliff taking on a Cathy Identity or vice versa. If their hearts were aligned enough, could a version of Cathy have 'resurrected' Heathcliff by taking on his Identity upon herself? Obviously a level of divergence is allowed else we wouldn't be able to use 000 Identities at all, so it sounded plausible enough for me.

It was sort of what I thought would happen when I heard about the 'I am Heathcliff' line.

I actually thought about this for a bit, but that train of thought went either the Yandere route or the Love Town route.

This also had a small detour with Ishmael saying the current situation was like a bad fanfiction, while Cathmael was shouting in a love-sickeningly deranged voice that she was going to become one with and wear (either in the District 23 sense, the Identity sense, or the literal sense) Heathcliff's skin.

uhm.
bloodfiends all have one distinct characteristic...and that is their eyes are red.
Don's right eye is red in the uptie 3 art of her Shi Association ID. And it's not a trick of the lighting, it's just very clearly a different value than the left's usual amber. Also Don's eyes are a point of weirdness in general since they literally have stars in them, reflected in base ID and in about half of her IDs.

So her eyes are straight-up a question mark either way.

...wha?
Mate, thats the lighting, That's like saying someone have a different skin tone because they look paler under the light
If you don't have any substantial proof outside of some vague implications, then This doesn't have any legs to stand on, And when I say substantial proof, I mean the game alluding to it, I would think that if one of the main cast is gonna be a bloodfiend, they gonna mention something about it or talk about it when she is around For her to have a reaction to just so they can stoke the fire.
The project moon I know doesn't behave like FNAF w only giving us some small pieces of informations to work out of

Last edited:

'Mate' her eyes are such dramatically different colours either it's deliberate or an outright art error, no ordinary lighting effect would make her eye look that red.

Uh. Why are we thinking Don is a bloodfiend again?

She has yet to consume blood even once during our journey so far.

The way Distortion Detective explained it is that Blood is kinda like Money for a Bloodfiend. Having more of it in the City is associated with making your life better. Humans in the City kill for Ahn, while Bloodfiends kill for Blood.

Back