Pokemon Rebalanced Let's Play

Freedom kept. Butterfree here we come!

First, we find Trainers eager for trades! Any of those look interesting to you? Either would be cool.

We also hear more about Team Rocket! And while scoping out the Gym we meet one... Is nowhere safe?

Well, Pewter is after I trounch that Rocket! But he escapes into the cave.

Where does this lead?

City saved, we move on to delivering this letter the old lady from the prior town gave us. It seems she doesn't like phones...

But we get an Old Rod for our trouble. Nice, water Pokemon hoooooo.

Digging up info on Brock. Weak to Special eh? Maybe the direct approach is bad.

People drop stuff everywhere! It seems to find its way towards objects that stand out... how does that work?

More Brock intel. It seems Trainers stop being pushover here. Might want to train a bit.

It also seems that there's a scammer in Mt. Moon. I like my money where it is!

Back to finding a Trapinch though!

BATS ARGHHHHHHHHGHHGHH BATS- :mad:

:jackiechan:

waht

:o

A Shiny! I have that now, may add it to my team!

But still no Trapinch...

Gods above, I wish these Sandshrew didn't bring sand with them every time I spot one... It's a constant Stream of Sand.

Still no Trapinch.

Trapinches are so rare today, the Titan of Mt. Silver appears first(1% chance).

Of course I catch one. This one has GUTS and will hit like a truck if I raise it. I'm thinking about it, but they take a lot of time to raise...

I finally catch one and escape from BATSSSSSSS(and Arons).

I think I may be bold and go with the Pokemon on the left @ lvl 12/12/13?

[]Go Big or Go Home(Zilla, Jaws, George)?​

Last edited:
Get a Swinub and Starly. Those are so boss.

Zilla has metal Claw right? And you're not doing nuzlocke right?

Arcanine
Excerpts from The Essential Primer to the Pokemon of Kanto and Beyond.
By Professor Samuel Oak.
Edited by Gary Oak.

The Growlithe family.
The Regal Dogs

The noble Arcanine has live in Kanto as long as we have. Our ancestors once believed them to be a legendary Pokemon given their great strength and ability to heal moderate wounds on themselves and others with their flames. The Growlithe family is the friendliest Pokemon family to humans known, only rivaled by the Herdier family from Unova.

Police forces around the world rely on this combination of power, utility, and good nature to help the world everyday. The Growlithe family has long been voted the favorite Pokemon of the Kanto Police year after year.

In battle, Arcanine is extremely powerful. Able to strike from both sides of the attacking spectrum and boosting powerful moves it is a threat to almost anything. It has been known to move faster than the eye can see in bursts, being able to cross a room before it can be seen.

Its power comes at a price: Arcanine are built for attacking. Their bodies are poor at receiving blows and even being able to heal themselves may not be enough to overcome this. A well trained Arcanine can scare the physically strongest Pokemon into thinking twice about attacking however.
Final Evo. Stats
HP Attack Defense Speed Sp. Atk SpDef
B- A B A- A C+

These are getting large....

Last edited:
By Professor Samuel Oak.
Edited by Gary Oak.

The Growlithe family.
The Regal Dogs

The noble Arcanine has live in Kanto as long as we have. Our ancestors once believed them to be a legendary Pokemon given their great strength and ability to heal moderate wounds on themselves and others with their flames. The Growlithe family is the friendliest Pokemon family to humans known, only rivaled by the Herdier family from Unova.

Police forces around the world rely on this combination of power, utility, and good nature to help the world everyday. The Growlithe family has long be voted the favotite Pokemon of the Kanto Police year after year.

In battle, Arcanine is extremely powerful. Able to strike from both sides of the attacking spectrum and boosting powerful moves it is a threat to almost anything. It has been known to move faster than the eye can see in burst, being able to cross a room without being seen.

Its power comes at a price: Arcanine are built for attacking. Their bodies are poor at receiving blows and even being able to heal themselves may not be enough to overcome this. A well trained Arcanine can scare the physically strongest Pokemon into thinking twice about attacking however.
Final Evo. Stats
B- A B A- A
C+

These are getting large....
I love the lore, though.
These what're going in the Pokedex? A daunting prospect, if so.

Machamp
By Professor Samuel Oak.
Edited by Gary Oak

The Machop family.
The Muscle Wizards Superpowered Experts

Pokemon in the Machop family never stop training. Day or night. Snow or endless sun. The Machop family has one goal: To be complete masters of every physical art in the Pokemon world. They spend their days running up mountains and lifting huge boulders, up to twenty hours every day. A Machop can lift a car and it only grows from there. A perfectly trained Machamp can punch a dozen times in how long it takes you to blink, each of those punches able to crumple a man sized boulder.

In battle, they're most known for their Perfect Form, Precision: They never miss, no matter how fast the foe or crafty the foe. Combine this with several techniques from other Elements and a Machamp is an incredible foe.

Their other form takes advantage of Machamp's many arms, Many Armed, striking from untraditional angles and blocking while attacking. This allows lets them get around several tricky techniques, such as Substitute.

The Machamp family will guard allies in battle from various blows if trained too.

In short, do not face the Machop in Physical combat. They are extremely conditioned, giving them great stamina, and Superpowered Experts at all forms of it. Attack them from the Special spectrum.
Final Evo. Stats
B+ S A B C B

Gary. Muscle wizard, while amusing, is not a proper title. -Oak

Last edited:
...You have a point.
A lot of moves are balanced by their accuracy, so making that Swiftlike just kinda...

Well, it depends on how many it gets.

Machamp is weak compare to Gen 5/6 powerhouses nowadays. Even with NoGuard Dynamic Punch you still want a Conkeldurr(fuck drain punch) most of the time.

NoGuard may have been strong Gen 4, but these are the days of Iron Fist Conkeldurr.

So I buffed NoGuard into Precision, gave it a bit wider movepool, and nerfed its attack.

How letters translate into stats.

SS 140
S 120
A 100
B 80
C 60
D 40
E 20

Last edited:
Back