Pilot, your Titanfall Thread is ready. Steam boost activated.

Exposure

Monarch of XCOM
Pronouns
He/Him/His
UPCOMING UPDATE:
OPERATION FRONTIER SHIELD, commencing July 25th

Contains:
Frontier Defence 2.0
RISE - remastered map from TF1
Township - new livefire map

FNN Notes said:
Co-op 4 player mode.
  • Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.

• Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.

• Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.

• There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.

• New Titan Progression – 'Aegis Ranks'
    • Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.

• New, challenging enemy types to battle.

• 5 maps supported at launch
    • Homestead
    • Forwardbase Kodai
    • War Games
    • Rise
    • Blackwater Canal
    • We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future

• We'll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch

New purchasable cosmetics: Elite warpaints for weapons and Frontier Defence warpaints for titans.

Singleplayer description said:
Pilot and Titan unite as never before in Respawn Entertainment's highly anticipated Titanfall® 2. Featuring a crafted single player campaign that explores the unique bond between man and machine, players will step on to The Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming a Pilot. Stranded behind IMC enemy lines, and against overwhelming odds, you must team up with a veteran Vanguard-class Titan and uphold a mission you were never meant to carry out.

Multiplayer description said:
In multiplayer, Titanfall 2 delivers best-in-class shooter gameplay backed by more depth and variety including new Titans – each with their own unique abilities, a deeper set of Pilot abilities, an expanded arsenal of weapons, more customization options, and a robust progression system.

Titanfall 2, the sequel to that game you might have played for the first month and then forgotten about is coming out October 28th, featuring:

Six New Titans:

New (and old) tacticals:

Grapple - The grapple hook is great for getting to hard to reach places quickly. It can also be used to pull enemies closer.

Pulse Blade - Lethal and deadly, the Pulse Blade also emits a brief sonar pulse that detects enemies.

Holo Pilot - Perfect for the art of deception, the Holo Pilot will mimic its Pilot's last move.

Cloak - Become nearly invisible. Increased effectiveness versus Titans.

Stim - Provides a Pilot with a boost of speed for a short amount of time. Quickly restores the Pilot's health while activated.

Phase Shift - Teleport into an alternate dimension for a short period of time.

Amped Wall - Pilot sized particle shield that amps outgoing shots. Destroyable only at its base.

Free DLC maps, modes, and weapons, with the first free release being a remaster of Angel City:

Last edited:
Am I the only one that wants a Hunting game where we have to kill attacking beasties?

Do you mean like a Titanfall version of zombies/squads where we fight waves of ai enemies?

Edit: Unless they improve the ai that seems like it will be a curbstomp where pilots end up winning for hours without effort.

Double Edit: If they do improve the ai we need to see some decent parkour from them. If it is only minor accuracy improvements it won't do much, and major accuracy improvements will feel like aimbots. We need a middle ground where they don't aimbot stomp us, but still get some improvements and mobility (though I think the parkour should be saved for 'elite' units like spectres or ai pilots).

Edit #3: Maybe they can make difficulty settings so less experienced players can still have fun while others can test themselves on an army of super parkour aimbots.

Edit the IV: I just realized I didn't exactly answer your question. While I think something like that would be interesting; I think they should work on a pilot/player only mode first. While getting a million grunt kills can be satisfying I would like to know I'm fighting actual people.

Last edited:
No I mean where we actually hunt the wildlife. Like those dragon looking things or that giant thing we only see in the background.
Wow, four edits and I still didn't answer the question properly. That could be very interesting. I definitely wouldn't mind being able to rodeo dragons, but I still think a player only mode should come first.

Last edited:
WiiU version of the game has been announced [citation needed], first image of it shown below:

Totes not just the PC version of the game set to maximum low settings.

Honestly, I'm more hopeful for the Titan burn cards. Most of the burn cards referable to Titans right now are pretty blah.

Also, I need indirect fire that isn't the useless triple threat. Why can't one of the Titans have a secondary mortar weapon...

Honestly, I'm more hopeful for the Titan burn cards. Most of the burn cards referable to Titans right now are pretty blah.

Also, I need indirect fire that isn't the useless triple threat. Why can't one of the Titans have a secondary mortar weapon...
Funnily enough, there is cut dialogue (for now?) for a mortar Titan Ordinance, along with another ordinance that's an orbital strike.

Wonder how that last one would have worked...

And now, for something completely different:

Second detailed look at Expedition's maps, this time it's for Runoff.

And for those who haven't seen it on the DLC page yet, the general context for the map pack:
In the wake of the Battle of Demeter, IMC Expeditionary Forces travel deep into Frontier space to recover from their recent defeat. On an uncharted world, the IMC begin construction of a new fleet operations base, using newly acquired water collection and filtration plants to support the new base. When drainage operations reveal ancient ruins and artifacts of an unknown origin in a nearby swamp, Spyglass activates an archaeological team to investigate the site. To maintain battle readiness at the new base, IMC Pilots use simulation pods to train for anticipated Militia raids, based on lessons learned in Angel City and IMC Airbase Sierra.

Last edited:
Can you actually kill the dragon things in the maps they show up in?

So I finally got around to buying this a few days ago. I've disdained multiplayer shooting lately, but I'm having a lot of fun.

It's interesting how the Smart pistol doubles as an enemy detector. When I turn a corner, it'll sometimes spot enemies at mid range before I do, allowing me to shorten the engagement decision loop (try for a manual shot vs wait for a lock vs close and melee) by a fraction of a second. It makes me more confident in wiggling the mouse around all willy nilly to clear vectors.

I suspect this effect will fade over time as I grow more accustomed to visually distinguishing one smoky gray blob from another.

So I finally got around to buying this a few days ago. I've disdained multiplayer shooting lately, but I'm having a lot of fun.

It's interesting how the Smart pistol doubles as an enemy detector. When I turn a corner, it'll sometimes spot enemies at mid range before I do, allowing me to shorten the engagement decision loop (try for a manual shot vs wait for a lock vs close and melee) by a fraction of a second. It makes me more confident in wiggling the mouse around all willy nilly to clear vectors.

I suspect this effect will fade over time as I grow more accustomed to visually distinguishing one smoky gray blob from another.
Because @Isil`Zha and @Lambo forced me to lest they would have continued singing Justin Bieber songs:

Did you buy it on PC, and if so, what's your Origin ID?

Last edited:
It's so amusing playing with the burn cards and finding out how good they can be. For example:

1) Pop a Double Agent card
2) Smart pistols can't lock onto you
3) Listen as the jimmies rustle

It's so amusing playing with the burn cards and finding out how good they can be. For example:

1) Pop a Double Agent card
2) Smart pistols can't lock onto you
3) Listen as the jimmies rustle

My hate for you burns like nuclear fire.

(I may or may not rely almost exclusively on the Smart Pistol.)

Back