Persona: A Game of Shadows (Friend Insert Ft LackOfUpdates)

Word Tax
I forgot to mention Secret Theory D: everything is Anime Hitler's and his stand「Octopus's Garden」 fault. Summoning the power of true friendship from beyond the grave, he taps into Zombie Mussolini's power to make the trains (and planes) run on time.

Anyways, I wonder if the Velvet Room comes with complimentary internet. That'd be something Butterfly Face would be into right? People communicating is like, one of his things IIRC. What would a Fairy Queen do on the internet?

Judt found this story and it got a great start so far. Been awhile since I played a game of the Persona series. So most likely gonna do a refresher to at least remember a few things. Keep up the awesome work.

Glad to have you on board if you see anything that I am doing that appears out of order for things please point it out with a spoiler tag.

Word Tax
I forgot to mention Secret Theory D: everything is Anime Hitler's and his stand「Octopus's Garden」 fault. Summoning the power of true friendship from beyond the grave, he taps into Zombie Mussolini's power to make the trains (and planes) run on time.

Anyways, I wonder if the Velvet Room comes with complimentary internet. That'd be something Butterfly Face would be into right? People communicating is like, one of his things IIRC. What would a Fairy Queen do on the internet?

Funny fun Hitler was summoned in Persona 2 and was one of the end game bosses. Funny enough he turned into a tentacle monster in the end. It's been a while but something similar did happen. And yes the power of friendship was used to twist space, time and the laws of reality to save everyone.

Hmm if the user wants it the Velvet room can get Wifi, to be honest, it does whatever it can to suit the needs of its users. I am heavily curious too on what a Fairy queen would do troll people or just be a queen I do not know. Maybe when Roy gets a Fairy Queen we shall see.

Want to help me, when he does?

ALSO YAY WE HAVE REACHED THE SECOND PAGE THIS IS A FIRST FOR ME!!!!!.

Thank you, readers.

Last edited:
hands holding a ball of fire between them and the roman numeral two at the bottom
Um, @Tobi , that should be the roman numeral one. The magician is the first arcana in the tarot, and the fool is the zeroth. Just want to let you know.

Edit: Okay, did a bit of research, and it turns out that in Persona 3 Pixie is of the Lovers Arcana. My bad.

Last edited:
Um, @Tobi , that should be the roman numeral one. The magician is the first arcana in the tarot, and the fool is the zeroth. Just want to let you know.

Edit: Okay, did a bit of research, and it turns out that in Persona 3 Pixie is of the Lovers Arcana. My bad.

I'll go check that and about pixie, it really depends on the persona and individual themselves what kind of Arcana they represent. Several personas in different games are represented by different arcana for this story I just had Pixie be magician.

Susanno for example was a persona you can summon under the fool arcana in 3, then he became Yosuke's ultimate as Magician. He then reappears in 5 summoned by the painter party member under a different arcana.

Last edited:
Actually now that I'm thinking about it, is there any plans if Roy recruits a Persona from a Arcana already 'taken'?

Funny fun Hitler was summoned in Persona 2 and was one of the end game bosses. Funny enough he turned into a tentacle monster in the end. It's been a while but something similar did happen. And yes the power of friendship was used to twist space, time and the laws of reality to save everyone.

Hmm if the user wants it the Velvet room can get Wifi, to be honest, it does whatever it can to suit the needs of its users. I am heavily curious too on what a Fairy queen would do troll people or just be a queen I do not know. Maybe when Roy gets a Fairy Queen we shall see.

Want to help me, when he does?

Anime Hitler being the final boss is one of the few things I know about Persona 2. That and the Secret Boss is Philemon who tells your party "Good Job!" as he turbo lazers the entire party, killing them instantly.

And It totally didn't occur to me that "Titania" and "Fairy Queen" were two different demons. But should either of them get access to the internet, I could see them being huge fans of the Town of Salem/Werewolf browser games. Those sorts of mind games sound just like the Fey's favorite pasttime of screwing with mortals.

I'll go check that and about pixie, it really depends on the persona and individual themselves what kind of Arcana they represent. Several personas in different games are represented by different arcana for this story I just had Pixie be magician.

Susanno for example was a persona you can summon under the fool arcana in 3, then he became Yosuke's ultimate as Magician. He then reappears in 5 summoned by the painter party member under a different arcana.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Just make sure that the roman numerals match, or else people (like me) will nag at you and not contribute anything. But for real I love this fic.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, is there any plans if Roy recruits a Persona from a Arcana already 'taken'?

Anime Hitler being the final boss is one of the few things I know about Persona 2. That and the Secret Boss is Philemon who tells your party "Good Job!" as he turbo lazers the entire party, killing them instantly.

And It totally didn't occur to me that "Titania" and "Fairy Queen" were two different demons. But should either of them get access to the internet, I could see them being huge fans of the Town of Salem/Werewolf browser games. Those sorts of mind games sound just like the Fey's favorite pasttime of screwing with mortals.

Philemon can be one if you want to fight him, he is essentially the good side born from humanity. That wants to see it grow and be better, that also means he does not mind putting some pain and challenge for humanity so they could be better. So he's fine with you punching him for the pain he puts you through.

Hmm interesting take I can see Pixie getting hyped about games and actually forcing or asking Roy to get some consoles so she can play. In fact I can see a lot of the new ones coming asking the same thing. Mind games, drama, and psychological themes fit the older fae, the new ones just want fun and sweet things to eat.

Edit ninja: That all depends on Roy, I just write the events of canon and the world. Roy is the player and his decisions start to make ripples. So if the opportunity presents itself and he picks the right options for that then yes he can take a persona from an arcana already taken.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Just make sure that the roman numerals match, or else people (like me) will nag at you and not contribute anything. But for real I love this fic.

Working on it sorry needed to take some medicine since I got the flu and rest. Fixing it now, I am looking through things as we speak it should be done soon. Once again thx for pointing that out I missed it. Glad you like the fic we hope to keep going and maybe Roy might break canon due to how broken things can get.

Last edited:
Have to wonder...Can Roy use his persona, Sherlock's, abilities in the real world?

Scan itself is immensely helping and useful ability.

Have to wonder...Can Roy use his persona, Sherlock's, abilities in the real world?

Scan itself is immensely helping and useful ability.

Yes, yes he can just harder.

The dark hour and other such places make it easier for persona abilities to be used. In Persona 1 and 2 personas were used in the real world like stands and in the later series, someone from persona 3 used her persona ability in the real world to look into another dimension.

Btw guys I like to ask since I am not sure. Do any of you know how tiring it is to use a persona in the real world? I do not have a good enough reference. So I am winging it at the moment.

Yes, yes he can just harder.

The dark hour and other such places make it easier for persona abilities to be used. In Persona 1 and 2 personas were used in the real world like stands and in the later series, someone from persona 3 used her persona ability in the real world to look into another dimension.

Btw guys I like to ask since I am not sure. Do any of you know how tiring it is to use a persona in the real world? I do not have a good enough reference. So I am winging it at the moment.
Probably defers on how its used and how long its been since you last called on your Persona.

I think Fuuka was out of breath when she tried using Juno for scanning in the real world in Arena/Ultimax. Or she was peachy, can't remember.

It also probably depends on if your using an aid like an Evoker or not. Actually not sure if the Evoker's cause more problems or not.

Word Tax for the Tax lords.

Also hoping he can develop Scan to terrifying levels, Rise's Shadow shows just how terrifying an opponent with Scan can be.

Probably defers on how its used and how long its been since you last called on your Persona.

I think Fuuka was out of breath when she tried using Juno for scanning in the real world in Arena/Ultimax. Or she was peachy, can't remember.

It also probably depends on if your using an aid like an Evoker or not. Actually not sure if the Evoker's cause more problems or not.

Word Tax for the Tax lords.

Also hoping he can develop Scan to terrifying levels, Rise's Shadow shows just how terrifying an opponent with Scan can be.

MUWAHAHAHAHA THE WORD TAX LORDS STRIKE AGAIN

Fukka was indeed strained but I like to think that it's like stands where you can use them but they strain you if you use it consecutively. Other than that as long as you don't use a too energy intensive move like let's say drop a meteor on the world you should be fine with just having a persona hang around.

So far I think having the personas go about and just look around is fine as long as they do not interact with the real world it does not drain the user at all. They only start draining a users SP if they use a skill either from the persona or the user or they manifest themselves. Like the game the more movement or let's say compared to them just moving a couch and suplexing a shadow. One would cost more energy to do.

Also yes my friend that is the broken levels of Scan I am going to have Sherlock reach, he is based on Fate Grand Order's Sherlock and if you know the series you can tell how broken Sherlock is with his deductions.

Last edited:
MUWAHAHAHAHA THE WORD TAX LORDS STRIKE AGAIN

Fukka was indeed strained but I like to think that it's like stands where you can use them but they strain you if you use it consecutively. Other than that as long as you don't use a too energy intensive move like let's say drop a meteor on the world you should be fine with just having a persona hang around.

So far I think having the personas go about and just look around is fine as long as they do not interact with the real world it does not drain the user at all. They only start draining a users SP if they use a skill either from the persona or the user or they manifest themselves. Like the game the more movement or let's say compared to them just moving a couch and suplexing a shadow. One would cost more energy to do.

Also yes my friend that is the broken levels of Scan I am going to have Sherlock reach, he is based on Fate Grand Order's Sherlock and if you know the series you can tell how broken Sherlock is with his deductions.
Given that the Scan for the Shadow was called 'Supreme Insight' (I think) yep. I honestly want to see how Mitsuru reacts to a Scan focused Combat Persona...any chances he'll eventually get other elemental spells?

And again, it could be a variety of factors, because I'm not sure how often Fuuka used her persona after that. But given that Juno can be considered the most powerful scanning Persona its also possible to be more fatigue from sorting through information.

Seriously the word tax is too demanding.

Given that the Scan for the Shadow was called 'Supreme Insight' (I think) yep. I honestly want to see how Mitsuru reacts to a Scan focused Combat Persona...any chances he'll eventually get other elemental spells?

And again, it could be a variety of factors, because I'm not sure how often Fuuka used her persona after that. But given that Juno can be considered the most powerful scanning Persona its also possible to be more fatigue from sorting through information.

Seriously the word tax is too demanding.

I know right hmm wanna talk on discord or something?

That is a name I completely forgot about and damn that sounds OP. Yes Mitsuru and Rise's personas are more combat orientated scan type personas. Similarly to Sherlock, he can fight but his main focus will always be scanning and exploiting the enemies weakness. He possibly can if he can get others to teach him or he gets fused with other personas.

Your right I guess, tbh I think in terms of scanning Juno is better but there is one thing Sherlock has that is better it's a skill he has deduction. Taking very little information to come to conclusions. Like the one in FGO, in terms of pure scanning Juno is superior but in deductions and implementing Sherlock has the edge.

I know right hmm wanna talk on discord or something?

That is a name I completely forgot about and damn that sounds OP. Yes Mitsuru and Rise's personas are more combat orientated scan type personas. Similarly to Sherlock, he can fight but his main focus will always be scanning and exploiting the enemies weakness. He possibly can if he can get others to teach him or he gets fused with other personas.

Your right I guess, tbh I think in terms of scanning Juno is better but there is one thing Sherlock has that is better it's a skill he has deduction. Taking very little information to come to conclusions. Like the one in FGO, in terms of pure scanning Juno is superior but in deductions and implementing Sherlock has the edge.
Sure I don't mind.

So Juno is better in gathering the data while Sherlock is better at affectively using/understanding data he can possibly get...I can't wait for Roy to abuse this fact XD

0k, am I the only who thinks it isn't a coincidence that the first recruited persona is the little pixie?

The reason for that thought is that basically, the author Sir Artur Conan Doyle was involved in a case where some girls supposedly took photos of little fairies in the forest.

Last edited:
Sure I don't mind.

So Juno is better in gathering the data while Sherlock is better at affectively using/understanding data he can possibly get...I can't wait for Roy to abuse this fact XD

Awesome sorry for the late reply got sidetracked due to real life

You're right.

Chapter 6 is done we just editing and Roy is abusing it as he can right now, Chapter 7 is in development and the ability is still being abused.

Here you go a link to the server me and Roy are there normally he is asleep right now.

Join the Chisel &Tablet Discord Server!

0k, am I the only who thinks it isn't a coincidence that the first persona is the little pixie?

The reason for that thought is that basically, the author Sir Artur Conan Doyle was involved in a case where some girls supposedly took photos of little fairies in the forest.

Oh my god, I had no idea and damn it is a huge coincidence. Pixie being there was an SMT thing I wanted to happen damn now I should research Sir Artur Conan Doyle more now. Lol, and Roy has contracted to two members of the fae already.

Chapter 6
Ch. 6 - Day 2 (April 7 / 2009 / 8:00 A.M.)

Roy slumped over the tray which they had brought for him to write on, "Finally, done."

It was late in the evening the two students had left wishing him a speedy recovery. By tomorrow Roy was told he will be moved to their dorms, a doctor came by giving him a check over. Roy was given a clean bill of health except for fatigue he builds up from overusing his persona abilities and given a full day of bed rest.

Leaning down the mental projection of the detective skimmed over the first page [It was good practice, my database for the legal has increased, interesting to note the changes they've made in regards to identities in the past two centuries]

Roy groaned, while it had been interesting to learn new things, it wasn't as interesting trying to see how much his hand could cramp before it his muscles compressed it into the thin paper.

[Now with that out of the way, what are your thoughts on our new associates] Lenan spoke from within his mind. Sherlock drifted away from Roy Sherlock traced his hands and pointed at various small cameras and listening devices for Roy to see. One was inside the bed itself is built inside one of the bars.

He sent a thought of thanks to Sherlock, then said aloud, "Hmm, interesting people. They look to be fun to hang out with," 'And a problem is they were going to be like this.' He thought aloud. Roy had understood they were from a rich family, now he was starting to worry it wasn't just any rich family with interesting scientific studies into the supernatural but the Yakuza. It was hard for him to say if they were going to be actual criminals, or due to anime, just people that played politics a little too much and completely harmless.

[You might want to think loud thoughts to communicate, Normal people cannot hear us talk especially when we are not manifested] The fae replied as Roy could hear her sipping something. [This is fine wine, that attendant knows her alcohol] Then he heard the sound of crunching chips.

'So yeah, you're welcome for the free meal.'

[Hmm, if you want, I don't mind giving you a taste] In the next crunch, the salty and vinegar taste of crispy potato chips was felt by Roy's taste buds. [I find the ways humans cook potatoes in this age interesting if you want something sweet you should ask Pixie when she wakes up]

"Okay, that's awesome, I will." He continued talking aloud making a show of his plans towards those watching. Showing them he wasn't going to do anything they couldn't control, "Probably going to have to relax a bit." He sent his real plans to his Persona, 'Walk around town, get our bearings, check differences between worlds and investigate this group she's behind.' "Maybe walk around the hospital, I don't know."

[If you want to go for a walk, I would be happy to accompany you, there is much I would like to explore this facility] Poking at a certain device the detective was staring at it intently it appeared to be a camera.

Roy thought on what he should do further, 'On that investigating thing, can I ask our resident consultant to tackle a case for me? To go out in transparent form and see what the world is like as well as find out who and what Mitsuru's group is like,' Referring to the Detective of the group.

[Transparent?]

[He means our incorporeal bodies which humans are unable to perceive my lady]

[Oh] Another bite, this time it was a cheese flavored chips.

[I would gladly take on the case, Roy. Though I would have preferred to have assistance with me shamefully our Watson is recovering from a sugar high] Sherlock floated towards the door contemplating his lack of assistance.

'I'll see what I can do as a substitute,' Roy offered.

[As much as I like to have that, are you not staying… wait this is a perfect opportunity to test something]

'Test what?' Roy asked.

[This.] His mask glowed slightly around the eyes then faded, soon the image of the door Sherlock was facing appeared in Roy's mind. Sherlocks looked left and right slowly, the images he saw were transferred to Roy. [A little jarring no, tell me when you're not feeling any nausea]

"Hmm, nothing." Roy felt it was odd to see through Sherlock's perspective since he could still retain his own, almost as if he was watching two seperate channels and could use a button to instantaneously switch between them, but for all of his senses.

[Then let us start, tell me if it gets too tiring] Phasing through the door, Sherlock was greeted with a white hospital layout, it was surprisingly empty. A row of empty rooms but at the end was a large automatic door, though his skill Sherlock could see various signs of cameras and sensors strategically hidden.

A taste of fizzy cola entered Roy's mind [Hmm, I can see why the pixie was addicted to this beverage]

"Let's just test the limits of where you can go for now, after trying to see if you can find anything on what kind of world we're in. A computer is probably your best bet, though try to keep things on the down low we don't want SWAT Persona after us."

[Hmm, one moment] Sherlock floated towards one camera, focusing familiar streams of information appeared similar to the last time Sherlock had let loose. Roy could immediately tell the difference with how much control the persona had it seemed a bit more uniform and slow. [Roy, this camera… might be able to detect us... Hmm no, it's not modified enough but I think it's like Akihiko's gun.] Reaching his hand into the camera, Sherlock examined it further.

"So you're saying that we're essentially trapped? Fudge." Roy didn't like how they essentially held all the cards, he didn't doubt they had put stuff like this throughout the city, and if they were rich enough for tech like this, then hacking and following what he did wouldn't be a problem either. Really all he had to go on was their word that they weren't bad. He groaned, mulling it over some more, and found that he literally had to rely on anime tropes to get through this. He recalled all he knew on the subject have passing knowledge on various fandoms.

'Screw it. Let's take a nosedive on this one and hope for the best.'

[Honestly, what did you expect] Now a flavor of tasty cheese, [Your answer to their question of who you were was as sketchy as a Leprechaun giving a person free gold]

[The lady is right Roy] Pulling his hands out of the machine Sherlock calmly floated towards the gate [The camera cannot view us but it will function in the dark hour unlike normal electronics]

'Wait then that means they saw our fights. Would be reassuring if they weren't so sketchy themselves.'

[This is a normal response, let's not judge them too harshly. They gave us aid, shelter and now a new identity for you.]

[While true milady, a few corrections, criminals and especially the Yakuza do offer protection and gains to drag people into debt and blackmail. We do need more information, however, Roy she is right you're putting the cart before the horse, we barely know anything about them other than their wealth, access to advanced technology and awareness of Persona. let us see what they're about first before judging them too harshly.]

"Yeah alright, might've let my paranoia get the best of me," Roy thought back to the horror show he'd been introduced to realizing it might've coloured his thinking too much.

[Who are these Yakuza you keep bringing up are they a criminal group?]

"Yes, usually working on subtler methods of persuasion or using propaganda if the victim is Japanese."

[Oh, that sounds like a subtle practice]

"It is. I'll probably end up doing something about it maybe if I don't have any other priorities, but we'll see." Like Sherlock had said he needed information first.

Staring at the gate, Sherlock poked the red blinking orb at the center with his cane. [Well then, do you feel any strain at all]

"Starting to feel something."

[Wish we had more of a reference to measure this but we will make do] Walking through, Sherlock followed the trail of electronic cables to a security office. From his ability, he deduced it should be two floors above him.

Moments later Sherlock found himself in a security camera room, there was a lone person monitoring all the cameras.

'Try to figure out if he's connected with them,' Roy asked out of curiosity, then smiled, 'It's too bad we're trying to keep this on the down-low or we could've pranked him.'

Rotating to get a proper look at the guard, the name of the Kirijo Group was on his ID. The man himself appeared to be a typical Japanese working man with nothing of note. [He is monitoring your room]
Turning from the man Sherlock looked towards a cabinet of files, spreading his left arm out blue magnifying lens flew out filling the room. Each lens shined a light on various files reading and compiling the information transferring them to Sherlock.

[It appears that the hospital is split into a private and public section. The private being where the Kirijo group send their special cases mainly persona users like us]

Changing his position he mimicked sitting on midair behind the oblivious security guard. Flicking his hand more lens floated out gathering more information.

Roy felt fortunate that Sherlock was his Persona due to his ability to compile and save information, 'See if you can find anything malicious, or off about the group. Maybe who the other Persona users are."

[Hmm so far nothing of note, well the other two persona users are recorded here in case they get sent here for special treatment. They even have doctors and staff on call for such a situation.] Somehow the images and files of these individuals appeared

[Aragaki Shinjiro and Takeba Yukari]

[Both are students of Gekkoukan High School]

Roy hummed noting both were Japanese, it seems he was the lone Isekai of the group. And he did a double take (in his mind. Somehow) as he looked at the guy, he looked like he was in no way suited for high school, 'As useful as this might seem, I don't want to be spying on people that are innocent, try to focus on anything off or criminal in nature.'

[Then shall I come back, nothing suspicious appears to be occurring in this facility. I have all I need, will fill both of you up when I return]

'At least worrying about vivisections are off the table.'

[Oh, she's waking up] a loud childish groan rang out in Roy's mind.

[.. I… ne...ed… CANDY!!!!!!]

Roy let out an exasperated smile, 'That's not exactly healthy.'

[I DON'T CARE!!] A large splash of water no a large amount of water falling on top of the small fae could be heard

[You really need to be more firm, with her] A taste of cheese chips filled Roy's mouth [You're indulging her too much]

'You're right, from now on Pixie you can only have candy four times a day no more.'

[NEVER!!] The crackling of lighting could be heard.

[Oh my, Mr. Watson. You might experience something of a brain… aneurysm]

Chapter 7
Ch. 7 - Day 3 (April 8 / 2009 / 5 P.M.)

Throughout the day, doctors and medical staff have come and gone, examining Roy. Running him through different rooms to get scans.

"Well then that should be all Mr. Jackson" An old Japanese doctor spoke to Roy in clear English. "You have a clean bill of health, there should be a car waiting for you in the parking lot."

Roy thanked him and went to go find the vehicle. The sun was high in the brilliant blue, clouds lazily hung lower than they were supposed to. It wasn't a bad day. He spotted the vehicle quite easily, and his eyes twitched from how ridiculous it would be for him to not be able to spot a limo.

The door opened as the driver's window lowered "Welcome Mr. Jackson, we are running late so please get on we have to rush."

Roy got in without a fuss, not sure where they were really going, he had asked Sherlock to give a quick bird's eye view every so often.

The drive was fast, high above Sherlock shared his sight once more, by his side a certain sugar deprived Pixie having been fed some mango flavored greatness he had in his coat. Somehow, recovered from her sugar withdrawal under various threats and promises of chocolate she relented. Though it was finally resolved by Lenana sharing her portion of cola.

The view from the car was interesting, they were riding along the seaside, it was a port island so the personas got a good view of the sea. He was a bit curious about how different the rest of the world was compared to just Japan. From how everything seemed nearly identical there wasn't anything alien-like gravity going through puberty with people walking up buildings or flying islands. A bit disappointing in his eyes.

[Hey I wanna go fishing, wonder if we can catch a mermaid]

Roy didn't blink, 'If you keep singing about being able to give fish legs you might catch a singing red one.'

[Don't encourage her, she will do that and catch one] Lenan chimed in [Are you referring to Ariel?]

He started, 'How do you even know about her? I never even watched the whole thing.'

[While you were busy with the tests and while pixie was restrained, Sherlock played us the movie Little mermaid in your mind. It was an entertaining movie even if it's disjointed since you only saw pieces of it, there was enough for at least to have around 9/10 of it. Sherlock just deduced the missing pieces and us… let's say used some magic to fill it in. We got a better ending than the original book]

[Booo, that book was so dark. In our story we made the prince make a deal with Poseidon and fight the witch head on]

'Seriously, once I get the chance I'm going to go see what the hell is up with my mind. Maybe figure out how to summon a Reality Marble or two while I'm at it.' Roy was curious, especially with how he essentially had supernaturally powered magic, if he didn't make himself a few fictional attacks he'd be a disgrace as a human being.

[Technically you already have one Watson, you just need to come in and rearrange it]

[Under the sea-] Pixie was signing happily and somehow had a tiny guitar

Roy shook his head and found they had arrived at their destination.

"We have arrived Mr. Jackson, Mrs. Kirijo will be expecting you now."

Roy thanked the driver and stood outside a three-story building wedged between two taller ones. Using Sherlock's ability briefly he could glean it was very much in disrepair even with its clean-looking outer appearance.

Opening the entrance gate, Roy got a glimpse of the interior. There was a counter on the left with a guest book and a door probably for a dorm manager. To the right, there was a short screen, behind it were couches and sofas spread about in front of a television. Further behind them was a dining area and a kitchen.

Upon entering, Roy was greeted by the sight of a familiar brown-haired girl, dressed in a pink vest. "Welcome, your Mr. Jackson right" Her English was a little off but enough to get the message across.

'We need to learn Japanese as soon as possible.' Roy appreciated the attempt, but broken English made him want to keel over and die, it reminded him of darker childhood days, "Yes." When he was learning new languages, he had some french, some Spanish and Italian, with Japanese standing at nearly 6000 kanji characters memorized during boring bus rides. Until he was told, he was learning the language wrong and lost motivation for it. Over time he'd forgotten all of it, never having used it but a refresher course would be substantially easier.

Slow-Mo activated again [Leave that to me, Watson, I'm almost done compiling all I have read at the Hospital alongside your own memories] Sherlock replied [Do you want to give it a try now? It might give a minor headache at first but you'll get used to it]

'I'll take it now.'

[Very well] A slight jolt went through Roy's head and in the next moment knowledge on how to speak Japanese settled itself in his mind.

'Bullshet powers are the best.'

"Follow me, Mitsuru Senpai is waiting upstairs" Turning the girl walked towards the stairs.

"Nice to meet you too," he muttered following her. The room and dorm were pretty spacious for what he sensed occupied maybe five people. It was unclear until Sherlock confirmed that to be the case.

"Wait," She replied in Japanese as she turned back to look, surprise clear on her face "You can speak Japanese Mr. Jackson"

"I'm a man of many talents, but yes. I'd forgotten much of it, so I'm not sure how well I'm speaking right now." 'Which wasn't entirely wrong per se,' he thought. "Don't feel forced to speak in English now."

"I.. will keep that in mind, Mr. Jackson," She then turned back and started to ascend the staircase "Well, let's hurry we don't want to keep senpai waiting."

After climbing over numerous floors, the two found themselves in front of two large wooden doors. Pushing the door open slightly Yukari put her head in "He's here Mitsuru Senpai," then opened the door fully allowing Roy to look inside.

There were three people inside waiting for him, Akihiko, Mitsuru and a middle-aged brown man wearing glasses. He seemed to be smiling eagerly at Roy's arrival.

"Yo. How are you all?"

"Oh, I am glad you're to see you well but-" Mitsuru was the first to reply. She had a cup of tea in her hands, she wore a calm face but a raised eyebrow and a slight narrowing of her eyes keyed Roy in on her suspicious gaze, "I was under the impression that you could not speak Japanese"

By your side, Yukari breathed a sigh of relief.

"I didn't, well to be accurate, I learned random kanji a while back and forgot most of it, my persona who knew some Japanese passed on some of their knowledge to me. Beats studying it again."

[Not an apt summary but that will do]

Mitsuru's glare softened and she took a sip of her tea, Akihiko nodded having witnessed the events of that night and the spectacled man smile widened slightly. Yukari who was confused by that statement voiced her thoughts "Persona? Wait how can a persona know something the user does not?"

"Not all Persona are from me?"

"Wait, what?" Yukari appeared even more confused.

"The newer ones are from the Dark Hour, and they seem to have their own, dare I pun, personalities."

"Oh, nice pun" The man laughed heartily "Oh, forgive me, where are my manners, My name is Shinji Ikutsuki, a little of a tongue twister to pronounce especially for a foreigner like you Mr. Jackson."

"Shinji Ikutsuki?" Roy really hoped he didn't have a sister, "Nice to meet you, though you know it already, the name's Roy Jackson. Mangoes and Reading are one of my favorite things in the world." He had the strange feeling he should've gotten up to shake the guy's hand but abstained in the end.

Mitsuru looked at Yukari "Takeba please have a seat, we shall give you a debrief on the special circumstances of Mr. Jackson here joining us" After a moment of turning in confusion the girl sat down.

[Hmm, he seems… suspicious] Sherlock chimed in.

Roy immediately was on guard, 'We'll talk about it later, I'll leave the information gathering to you.'

"Well, have a seat to Roy," Akihiko spoke up and gestured to a seat near him and Roy took him up on the offer.

"Now that we are all here, Takeba" Akihiko addressed Yukari "On the 6th, remember my dispatch to fight the shadow's Mitsuru detected."

"Yes.. since I had not summoned a persona yet I stayed in the dorm. The surveillance equipment was getting maintenance so I could not monitor the situation, Mitsuru Senpai went out to back you up," The nervousness in her voice lessened the longer she spoke, "When you came back you all told me we found a new persona user."

"Right, that was the rough report, to be honest. We saw too many things that made how we shadow differently so we needed more time to confirm things"

"What? What happened that night that could change all we know on shadows," Yukari turned to Roy "Does it have something to do with his persona?"

"Mr. Jackson" Mitsuru spoke placing her tea down "After summoning managed to combat a shadow and converted it into a persona which he then proceeded to contract with, making the new persona Lenana Sidhe his own"

Yukari's gasp was loud enough for all to hear, the gaze in her eyes when she looked at Roy was a mix of emotions. Trepidation, fear, and hope.

"No one's ever tried it before?" Roy didn't believe he could be the protagonist of this show but that's what it was starting to sound like. He almost wanted to opt-out sensing the insanity anime protags generally went through, he wasn't shounen enough for this, much less seinen. It was very strange, while he knew all of this was real, the way it was being exposed to him kept shifting it to the fictional. It didn't help much of it was fictionally themed in the first place, as awesome as it would be for Sherlock to be real, he wasn't. He didn't mind it too much since the closest equivalent they had was Joe Bell and the dude was amazing in his own right.

"Well, when normally when beings like shadows try to kill you, our first response is to flee. And who could blame us, what could we humans do to beings who actively cause destruction and only target us when most are transmogrified" Ikutsuki answered Roy"It's not that we did not try Mr. Jackson, it's more of we were unable to. The means we had to combat them were limited so we focused on just observation and termination"

"For years we had thought that personas and shadows were two parts of the same coin, but that was just us scientists making theories since the two entities were so similar" Ikutski continued, the light reflecting off his glasses just the right angle blocking his eyes from sight "Never before had we thought that theory would have been literal"

"Perhaps the science approach might not be suited to this kind of thing. Humans rarely were, and if Persona are-" Roy could sense something shift in the room, "Beings who are manifestations of thought born from the collective consciousness of mankind since humans are rarely so easy to understand."

Roy's response had put him at the center of attention with everyone staring at him. "That is an intriguing way to summarise what a persona is, where did you get such a description from. As far as I was told you just summoned your two nights ago" Ikutsuki leaned his head forth "Please tell me I am as deeply curious."

"I befriended a Persona who called herself Pixie and she spelled it out, she went into some detail about the place. The way you guys react is telling me this isn't common knowledge. Did you guys...do you guys not talk to your Persona?"

The uncomfortable silence was his response as each persona user seemed to be in deep thought.

Snapping out of the awkwardness Mitsuru coughed and addressed him, "Mr. Jackson, can we speak to this persona?"

"Do you have candy?"

"I have some taffy," Yukari pulled a pink candy wrapper out, "Why would we need it?"

Pixie jumped quite literally from nowhere snatching it away as she hastily unwrapped and bit into it. Her sudden appearance startled Yukari while the other two experienced users especially Akihiko was well used to the energetic fairy.

[I approve of your tribute, what can I do for Roy's minions] She said in a haughty tone. Roy raised an eyebrow wondering if she was trying to imitate Sidhe. She must've seen it differently [I mean Friends. I meant friends. This is mine.]

"Marvelous," Ikutsuki looked like he was about to get up and examine Pixie but held himself "She's eating it, are you converting mass into energy?"
[Energy, yeah I mean eating this just makes me feel so energetic. I feel like running and looting everything!!] The taffy was twice the size of her head and she was halfway done the chewing.

"Fascinating, we have yet to see any form eating from a shadow much less a persona. Ah so many research I would love to do"

"Please stay on track Director," Mitsuru sighed holding her head.

"Do you think she would like some protein I have some" Akihiko pulled out some protein bar, getting pulled into his pace.

Seeing the offered treat, her eyes zeroed in on it, swallowing the remaining taffy whole she flew forth [Thanks!!] Grabbing the large bar from Akihiko she started to tear off the wrapper [Oh Chocolate!!] Biting down her eyes dilated.

"...Well, I'm glad she likes the chocolate flavored one," It was an odd sight for them, even if they dealt with shadows on a daily basis seeing a cute tiny little fairy viciously devour a bar of candy was a new thing to add in their list.

"Before this gets derailed any further, Pixie can you explain to them what you told me about the Dark Hour and the Persona."

She nodded before going into the spiel between bites. "We personas and shadows exist within the minds of all people, think of shadows as the malevolent side and us as the other side"

"So that's what you are… wait so everyone has one" Yukari was the first to respond.

"That's what it sounds like. Kind of like a dark side." Buried under her fear and confusion Yukari's gaze was tinged with envy.

[Yes, not just humans. Anything that is capable of sentience is capable of forming their own shadows and personas]

"Thus a dog could get a stand…" Roy couldn't help but compare it to Jojo.

[Yes]

"Wait what is a stand" It was Mitsruru who asked, the other people in the room, however, knew what they were.

He looked at them, opened his mouth then thought better, "I'll explain later, but something like Persona."

Akihiko answered him "It's a power from a manga series, Mitsuru my friends at the club reads them a lot. I'll lend you the copy they gave me"

"You read the goods?" Surprised they knew, considering he thought they were much like Mitsuru.

"Every chapter since I read the first chapter of stardust crusaders, it gave me a lot of ideas on how to use my persona"

"I never finished Diamond is Unbreakable but the Battle Tendency is my favorite, the third turning me off from the rest what about you?"

"Oh you need to read it, Part 4 is where Araki sensei got more creative with how stand powers work and hmm for favorite I guess stardust and Phantom blood I started with and the other I just liked Jonathan's style"

"Yeah, Jonathon was fun too. I'll remember to get back into it. Back on topic."

"Agreed, we do not want to drag this too long, you just got released from the hospital and it is a school night for us" Mitsuru agreed

"Yes, there is a mountain of questions I want to ask this persona but we have time" Ikutsuki spoke next "So I will just go for a few first of how did y-"

"Why can't mine persona talk?" Yukari interrupted him "I've tried so hard to summon it but, it won't answer me at all."

"Hmm, I can say, but considering that their manifestations of the mind, perhaps there's something bothering you, that you need to solve first?" To Roy, she looked like a wound-up toy of depression and anxiety.
?
[I can just drag it out] Pixie's words broke whatever tension or anxiety that was building up

"Or that."

"Wait for what?!!" Alarm and confusion seemed the be the appropriate response

"That is possible" Mitsuru saw the fae in a new light.

"Don't look at me, Pixie is the one saying this," He turned to her, "So when could you do this, and how?" Roy was seriously considering what couldn't Pixie do.

[Well, we are manifestations of thought so I just need to go in her mind and drag her persona out. It may hurt a bit if I meet some resistance but-] her yellow eyes glowed as they gazed at Yukari in an eerily unnerving manner [-oh wait, it's fine just need to reach in and grab]

Yukari with an eager expression sat forward while the other two persona users had an apprehensive expression. Ikutuki's, however, was neutral.

"You're teaching me that," Roy stated.

[Oh ok]

"Wait wait, Takeba we need to think about this. This is unprecedented we don't know if there are any side effects."

"It's fine Senpai," She paused for a moment before resolving herself "I..I need to do this, please Pixie."

"If you're sure. Pixie does it."

[Ok] Swallowing the last piece of candy Pixie flew into Yukari's head phasing in. Instantly Yukari's eyes glowed yellow and she fell back in her chair

"Takeba" Mitsuru was the first to react followed by Akihiko as they went to her side. Placing a hand on her head Mitsruru concentrated "Answer Me" She received no response.

"Mitsuru is she fine?"

"She... is it's just the personas are both in her mind and I can't tell what's happening"

"She's fine, just give it a minute." Roy was layering on the bolshevik, but he did have faith in Pixie. That and to keep Mitsuru from sicking her hypothetical, relatively unsure of, assassins on him.

Mitsuru about to respond when Yukari twitched her hands moved as a card formed in front of her face

It was the same tarot card that appeared when Roy summoned Sherlock only on the other side was a hearth at the center and at the bottom were a man and a woman. The roman numeral 6 (VI) was at the bottom.

"P..er..so...na" The card shattered, blue flames appeared over her head as a figure formed.

A female figure with the same figure as Yukari, eyes closed and clad in a pink dress. Long flowing blonde hair flowing upwards as if gravity had reversed. Her limbs were chained atop a giant metallic cow's head"

[From the sea of Thy soul I have awoken, Io the priestess have come to your aid] Pixie soon flew out and sat on Roy's shoulder as everyone gazed at the new persona.

[Well there we go now can I have more candy?]

xxx

Author notes: Sorry for the long delay the chapter was done a while ago was busy with other projects and sick. Hope you all like how we went with things and if how we did things with the lore is wrong please point it out in spoilers. Chapter 8 should be done in a week or less Uni is restarting for me so some delays.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I was hoping we'd see Sherlock deconstructing the user's insecurities?

That sounds like a thing Sherlock will do when such a thing is needed. Right now I guess it's not the time and place since if he does do that Ryo might not take it well. Also, I need more information to do such a thing.

Also hi how are you it's been a while.

"You probably need to go through some serious self-discovery in order to release your persona. Identify what's holding you back and then utilize it to push you forward. You just have to stop fearing what you might be to see what you actually are."

"Or I can use my magic pixie dust to bring it out!"

"Or she can use her magic pixie dust to bring it out."

"You probably need to go through some serious self-discovery in order to release your persona. Identify what's holding you back and then utilize it to push you forward. You just have to stop fearing what you might be to see what you actually are."

"Or I can use my magic pixie dust to bring it out!"

"Or she can use her magic pixie dust to bring it out."

That about sums up their interaction with Yukari and how her problem was solved... Is it fine? How I ended things that way.

I kinda want to use that line in the story. Can I use this in the future?

Last edited:
That about sums up their interaction with Yukari and how her problem was solved... Is it fine? How I ended things that way.

I kinda want to use that line in the story. Can I use this in the future?
If you can find a place the line fits well, then go ahead. I'm not gonna play at copyright lawyer in a fanfiction forum.

As for the bypass of... whatever Yukari's issues are to get her persona? Its fine Since it's basically how the Protag gets The Fool in the games IIRC. But, maybe consider having a few conquences to cheating out her persona. Like maybe she's a little nervious about summoning it at times, or if her personal issues that she's been repressing flare up, her persona is a little weaker or something.

Back