Right foot.

What is that?

Left foot.

Right foot.

Who is that?

Left foot.

Right foot.

Blackness.

You barely remember anything that day, you've been unconscious for over a week. The only things that flash through your mind as you tried to remember back was fire. Bright, burning flames that devoured and destroyed anything in its path, licking the buildings with a passionate, fiery tongue.

But there was something else you remember.

Something that happened before you blacked out. Before you were found within an inch away from death.

But first, who are you?

Tell me.

[] Name?

[] Gender?

[] Appearance?

What kind of person are you?

[] Strong and Silent
Saying that talking wasn't your strong suit would be an understatement. Maybe you just didn't like other people, maybe you just didn't really see the value in it. Anyway, this left more time for more important activities. Training and fighting.

Or reading books, if you're into that.

[] Upbeat and Happy
Exactly what it says on the tin, you're the type of person to be the beacon of hope in a dark and downright shitty situation. You might be a little naive (we're hitting all the tropes today) but when you're around everyone else seems to lighten up a little.

[] Mysterious Mystery
Do you even have a personality? People might try to find patterns in your actions and pin down a trait, but then you'll go and surprise them with a new habit that will get thrown out as quickly as it came in.

[] Write In.

What are you?

[] A villager living in a town on the edge of Caldis.

[] One of the many thieves thriving within Ancheim's shadows.

[] A traveler that had decided to stay within Florem for a few years.

[] An Eternian spy placed on board Grandship, along with other cohorts.

[] A soldier fighting in the civil war taking place at Eisen.

[] An Eternian officer directly under Templar Lee's orders staying within Eternia.

[] Write In.

And finally, what did you see that fateful day?

[] A girl clad in a white dress with a fairy-like creature at her side.

[] A man wearing blue holding a prominent black book titled with only the letter "D".

[] A black shadow opening up in the ground, a dark silhouette of a monstrous demon coming out.

[] Three creatures floating in the sky, radiating a legendary aura.

[] A red haired woman wielding a giant green sword in her hands.

[] White creatures that spread themselves as fast as the fire.

[] A grey-haired man near a younger girl with a red cape flowing behind her.

[] An enormous group of people behind a lady seemingly controlling the fire with ease.
[] A man dressed in all red with a pet fox by his side.

Author's Note: Hello everyone!

I am a newcomer to SV and fairly new to Quests as well, only participating in a few myself. This would be my first time actually being a QM and all of the responsibilities that may come with it.

Now, I will say that my writing's not the best (in fact, there are more people that I know that can write better than me than there are fingers and toes on my body), but I'll do my best keep consistent with my schedule (3-5 days, maybe less).

Please note that you don't need to have played Bravely Default before this Quest as the canon will be shifted up a lot (but it is recommended). Also this is based off the first game, because Bravely Second hasn't decided to release in America yet. :^[

Hope to keep this as active and alive as possible! I'm talking about the characters.

Last edited:
Character Sheet
- Personal -
Currency: 100 pg

- Skills -
Combat: Expert
Sword: Master
Unarmed: Above Average
Bow. Skilled​
Social Skills: Skilled
Intimidation: Above Average​
Stealth: Above Average
Awareness: Skilled

- Job -
Job: Freelancer LV1
Secondary: None.​

Innate Skill - Late Bloomer (Increases Maximum HP, Maximum MP, Physical Attack, Magic Attack, Physical Defense, and Magic Defense by 1% for each job the character has mastered)

Abilities
Examine: Examine an enemy for health, elemental weakness, and family.

Swords: B
Axes: B
Spears: B
Rods: B
Staves: B
Daggers: B
Bows: B
Katanas: B
Knuckles: B
Shields: B
Helms: B
Armor: B

- Items -
A Sword: Congratulations, you have nothing else of value.

- Relationships -
Karl (I hope he fares well...)
??? (A victim of the Belta Fire...)
Tiz Arrior (That pun literally caused me physical pain.)

- Traits -
Snarky and Easygoing (Bonuses to Awareness and Combat in battle) : You might be lazy, but in battle you've always got a one-liner to say and a smirk on your face.

Lazy (Negatives to anything requiring work/repeated actions outside of battle, bonuses to resting/recovery): You're a lazy slacker when you want to do something.

Mercenary (Unlocks new options, some people might not like your line of work!): You're a hired soldier, willing to fight someone for a bit of cash, though some people might find it unethical...

??? (???): ???, ???.

Last edited:
Important Stuff

Where the continent in the middle is Caldis, the landmass to the bottom right is Harena, the land above and connected to Harena is Florem (together known as Flor-Cheim), the continent to the bottom left is Eisen, and the landmass to the top left is Eternia. Grandship is in the middle of the ocean between Caldis, Flor-Cheim, and Eisen, known as the Sea of Corsairs.

Caldisla, also known as the Kingdom of Caldisla or the Land of Beginnings, is the capital of the Caldis Region. Located on the south end of Caldis, the city is under the rulership of the King of Caldisla.

Ancheim, the Land of Sand and Time, is the capital of the Harena Region. Located at the center of the desert and in between the cliffs, the city is under the rulership of the Eloch Quentis Khamer VIII.

Florem, the Land of Radiant Flowers, is the capital of the Florem Region. Located at the center of the lake intersecting the five rivers, the city is under the rulership of the Matriarch. Florem has a strict rule that all residents must be female. Males may visit the city on a temporary basis, but may not live there permanently. The women of Florem were once known for their purity, modesty, and strong devotion to Crystalism.

Grandship is a location known as the Sinking Nation. Grandship was an airship that, several hundred years ago, became stuck in the Sea of Corsairs, due to an engine failure. While some believe that the nation was founded by a legendary pirate, others believe the ship existed before recorded history. In any case, Grandship became a floating nation. Having no military, it is neutral in all affairs and serves as a vital supply port for ships crossing the sea. Grandship is ruled by a council that is notoriously slow to act.

Hartschild, also known as the Hartschild, Bastion of the Shieldbearers is the a town located inEisenberg. Located on the west end of Eisenberg, the outskirts of the town is overwhelmed by the lava of Mount Karka. The town became the stronghold for the Shieldbearers, led by Daniel Goodman.

Eternia, the Land of Immortality is located on the northwestern part of the map. Eternia is ruled by the Council of Six.

Do note that these are not the only places available to visit within Luxendarc, but these are the six major regions.

Horrendous - You suck.
Disappointing - You still suck, but a little less.
Mediocre - You're getting the hang of things, albeit slowly.
Average - Congratulations on being on par with your average adult.
Above Average - This is the stepping stone into the wondrous world of actually being competent.
Skilled - Barriers are being broken down and things that are beyond normal humans start here.
Expert - In combat you start to become a blur, in academic matters your knowledge is almost encyclopaedic.
Master - You have effectively mastered the skill; you can't push any further, surely...?
Grand Master - The highest possible level of skill for you to gain.
Legendary - Few can attest to being called a legend. At this level, the laws of the world start to lose their grip on you.
Mythical - At this level, you would no longer be considered 'human'.

Most Omakes will net you bonus traits which have unique effects, ranging from bonuses to social rolls with a specific person to giving you unique abilities/skills. There will also be opportunities to cash it in to get something like a Character's Personal Sheet.

Each job has a unique set of abilities and equipment proficiencies ranked from E up to S. Higher rankings grant additional statistical benefits on top of a piece of equipment's normal boost. For example, if a job has a D ranking in shields, equipped shields will receive a 20% to its Physical Defense stat; an S ranking would double the defensive ability of a shield.

The default job is the Freelancer. Other jobs are granted via objects known as asterisks. Asterisks are held by certain enemies, and can be obtained by defeating the holder. The heroes can switch jobs at any time, so long as the appropriate asterisk is obtained. Jobs start out with a job level of 1 and can be increased to a maximum of 14. However, job levels do not carry over between jobs.

Increasing job levels requires Job Points, which function similarly to Experience Points. Job Points are granted after defeating enemies, and the currently active job will level up once the necessary points are obtained. As the hero gains job levels, they will gain new active abilities, which can be used in battle, or passive abilities, which can be placed in passive slots. All job levels increase with the same Experience Points excluding the Freelancer, which requires 9999 Job Points to access level 14.

In battle, the heroes can use abilities from their primary job, which determines their stats and equipment. Each hero can also use the abilities of another job as a secondary job, up to the level they have mastered that job. For example, a White Mage who has three levels in the Black Mage job could use the powers of a Level 3 Black Mage alongside their White Mage abilities. In this way, abilities can be mixed and matched to increase battle capability. These settings cannot be changed during battle.

Manifest Destiny or MD are basically points that I give out based on Omakes, discussion, or just being smart. These can be used in a variety of ways, such as getting character sheets, bonuses to rolls, etc.
- Reroll a Skill roll (1 Kudos)
- Give a flat bonus to a roll (1 Kudos)
- Learn a person's name by giving a brief description of them (1 Kudos)
- Reroll somebody else's roll (2 Kudos)
- Get a specific person's character sheet posted (2 Kudos - Specify who)
- Reroll a Global roll (3 Kudos)
- Influence someone's opinion of you (3 Kudos - Specify who and how)
- Gain a random trait! (10 Kudos)
- ???? (15/25/50/100 Kudos)
Neo-Chan: 0
Cornix Argentus: 0
Ixe: 0
Veekie: 0
MechaJesus: 0
Wingstrike96: 0
Rhomeo: 0
TurtleDucks: 0
None.

Rolz Room

Last edited:
[X] Chris Hughes
[X] Male
[X] Brown Hair with brown eyes a white overcoat and black pants.

[X] Snarky and Easygoing
Saying your always calm cool and collected is an understatement. You've taken the worst the world could throw at you with a smirk on your face and a witty one liner on your tongue. When outside battle you can be a slacker even down right lazy but once the fighting starts whether its battlefield surrounded by enemy soldiers or a forest surrounded by wave's of monsters you become a one liner spitting engine of destruction.

[X] An Adventurer, a Mercenary, a Bounty Hunter, your what ever you happen to feel like being when you wake up in the morning. Caldisla is a big place after all theirs sure to be quite a bit to do around here for a newly arrived person such as your self.

[X] A girl clad in a white dress with a fairy-like creature at her side.

I know nothing about this setting but you mentioned this in rolz so why the hell not.

Last edited:
[X] Eryi Estival
[X] Female
[X] Tall, short hair,

[X] Mysterious Mystery
Do you even have a personality? People might try to find patterns in your actions and pin down a trait, but then you'll go and surprise them with a new habit that will get thrown out as quickly as it came in. Honestly, you find this hilarious.
Keeping people guessing is half the fun!

[X] A traveler that had decided to stay within Florem for a few years.
Pretty nice place when there isn't a concentrated attempt to take the place apart from the inside.

[X] Three creatures floating in the sky, radiating a legendary aura.
No idea what the options could lead to (with the possible exception of the first two) and I like the image of this one.

I am pretty down for a Bravely Default quest.

[X] Neo-Chan

This is a wonderful idea a snarky badass in a fantasy setting going around to see the world and doing what ever he feels like doing along the way. It seems fun and something you don't see much of in these types of settings.

Bravely Default is one of my favorite 3ds games.

[X] Aileen Root
[X] Female
[X] Short, brown haired, and a little overweight.
[X] Upbeat and Happy
[X] A villager living in a town on the edge of Caldisla.
[X] A girl clad in a white dress with a fairy-like creature at her side.

Please do note that if you're going to make your own custom background, you don't need to put where you're situated. If it gets the majority vote I'll just roll a D6 to find out where you are.

boop boop boop boop boop boop boop

Voting will be probably be closed tomorrow as soon as I wake up. (which will not be early, i can tell you that)

Voting has been closed! Chris Hughes wins.

Expect an update within the next day or so.

Chapter 1: In the Beginning, There was One
You remember now.

You had put yourself on board a ship heading towards the capital of the Caldis region, Caldisla. Yes, it was a silly name, but it was also known as the Land of Beginnings, having been the starting place of many heroes and celebrities in the past, advertising it as a place for people to start anew.

For a mercenary like you, it's a great place for a job.

The ship had, unfortunately, taken you and its passengers to the west side of Caldis, stopping at a smaller port village known as Belta. You had decided to rest there for the day at the local inn, resolving to venture towards Caldisla the next morning.

The following night, however, is when the rumbling started.

It woke you up with a start, making you question what was happening, but before you could get out of your bed a giant crash rang out outside the building.

Which was then followed by the explosion.

Half of the inn burst into flames, smoke filling the remaining space as screams from the villagers as they suffered in pain reverberated throughout the burning town. Through luck alone you managed to escape the building, but not without injuries and smoke inhalation.

Once outside you began walking weakly towards the exit of the town, vision blurring and dizziness growing. But it was too much, and you collapsed.

But not without seeing a girl aghast at the scene before her and the fairy at her side.

"...ning."

"...ood morning."

You opened your eyes to an old man waking you up, you yourself in a bed within a room with walls of light brown. An inn, perhaps?

"You've finally woken up. It's been almost two days. I'm Karl, the innkeeper of this place," he says.

"I'm Chris," You ask. "Where… Where am I?"

"You're in Caldisla. Once the King had heard that a fire had broken out at Belta, he sent his soldiers out as a rescue team. When they were there, they found you," Karl says.

"Well, send my thanks to the King, and to you too," you saying, getting out of the bed.

"No, no, no, I'm only doing what I should do. If anything send your thanks to that girl, the brown-haired one with the fairy. She helped out the King's men with getting the survivors out, even the one that got you here. The girl's run off now, to who knows where, but make sure to thank her for her service."

"Will do," you saying, heading down the stairs and almost out the door.

"Also, Chris," you hear Karl yell down from the second floor, "Do me a favor, if you see a chestnut-haired boy with a white shirt named Tiz, tell him Karl sends his condolences."

"I will! Thank you!" You yell back, taking a step into Caldisla.

Ah… Now what do you do?

You saw a lady head into a cafe with a man wearing blue, and a blond woman next to a older, gray-haired man wearing all black and wielding a staff standing outside of one of the shops. You could always talk to them.

On the other hand, you were here for a reason. You wanted to get some jo-

...!

In the distance you saw a boy who fit the description the innkeeper gave you very well, but he was leaving town.

[] Go after Tiz?
[] Talk to the blue man and white lady?
[] Talk to the blond woman and the black mage?
[] Look for a job?
[] Explore Caldisla?
- [] Do some shopping?​
[] Write In.

Character sheet added!
Karl relationship gained!
??? relationship gained!
Important Info section added!

Welcome to the world of Parallels, hope you guys are here to stay. :V

Last edited:
[X] Go after Tiz?

I know who none of these people are but Karl helped us out so the least we can do is return the favor.

Voting will probably end by tomorrow!

Also, if you have any questions, ask me! I probably will answer.

:V

Chapter 2: Vague Answers, The Bane of All Protagonists
Well, you were going to do what you were asked to do.

"Hey, you!" You call out to the boy.

"Huh?" He says, turning around.

"You're Tiz, right?"

"Yes, Tiz Arrior. But how do you-"

"Karl, the innkeeper, told me that he offers his condolences," you say. Now that wasn't that hard, right?

"Karl… Well, tell him I sai-" Tiz speaks before cutting off his words. He looks you over, and his eyes show a hint of recognition. "You're the one who was in the bed next to mine…"

"What?" You ask.

"I was… unconscious too. I woke up before you did, Karl told me you were someone that was injured at that fire, in Belta," he explained. But there was something in the way Tiz spoke.

No, something about Tiz in general. Something strange.
Something radiating.
What was it?
It felt… celestial.
"Anyway I need to go," he says, turning around again. "I'll be back to Caldisla soon."

"Hey, where are you going?" You ask, wondering what he was going back too.

"To… a village," Tiz answers evasively before running off.

It was dangerous out there. You knew that outside of towns or cities someone could potentially die out there in the wilderness, especially since it would be night soon.

Can he handle himself, however?

[] Go after Tiz?
- [] Join him?
- [] Sneak after him?
[] Stay in town?

Tiz Relationship added!

Back