Old School X-Com Roleplay (Now Recruiting Cannon Fodder)

Awesome, I really hope that doesn't count as dual wielding for character though. If that's even a thing. It would throw off our accuracy rather heinously.

What's in the ground section of mine?

Oh, those are just spare ammo to weapons, the tiny clips are for the pistol, the slightly larger ones are for the rifle, and the big things are for the cannons.

Those you don't bring into battle, anything listed as ground is not in your arsenal.

Awesome, I really hope that doesn't count as dual wielding for character though. If that's even a thing. It would throw off our accuracy rather heinously.

Eh....I will look into that. If so, I will take off the weapons if someone asks.

Yes, that is the case @drexal15, to a certain degree.

You can't take aimed shots while duel wielding like that, so I will fix what everyone is holding by putting the secondary weapons in backpack or on shoulder/leg.

Please put my pistol in a my pocket or something. The Rifle is a two handed weapon, so holding something in my other hand decreases it's accuracy.

Edit : Ninjad! Basically, at least.

Last edited:
...How important is bravery in Oldcom?

(Has never played Oldcom.)

"Yeah! Lets go kick some alien as-RUN AWAY!" Screams GeneralXanatos as soon as he steps off the transport. He is later found quivering in the corner by his successful team members.

It affects how much morale you loose when bad things happen. See here.

Edit : Also, Pilots, looking at what you have equipped, I highly advise you all to ask about switching a weapon bay to Avalanche Missiles for superior firepower.

Last edited:
Ok, if @Mulisa seems to be busy, so I am putting it up to a vote right now on what we need to do.

(I can't save while waiting for this option, and I am not leaving the program open for hours.)

[ ] Return to base
[ ] Select new target (No targets available!)
[ ] Patrol (Fuel at 93%)
[ ] Go to last known UFO Position

[X] Go to last known UFO Position

Also, are we using any of the OpenXCom pesudomods, like the better starting base, accuracy adjuster, storage limits, Expend researched items, allow Psi-Capture, Alien Bleeding, and Explosion Height?

Yes, that is the case @drexal15, to a certain degree.
Ah good I brought it up then.

My characters accuracy is bad enough as it is!:p

...How important is bravery in Oldcom?

(Has never played Oldcom.)

"Yeah! Lets go kick some alien as-RUN AWAY!" Screams GeneralXanatos as soon as he steps off the transport. He is later found quivering in the corner by his successful team members.
*Gives GX a manly handshake* "Don't worry friend, together we will stand up, and fight this alien menace!"

*Sees aliens* "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

[X] Go to last known UFO Position

Last edited:
Ok, so, voting time!

What to Build?
[ ] (Name of Building. Add Location with description if you want an exact location.)

I personally think a Large Radar would be best.

Edit:

Tell me if you want me to buy anything, I will consider it. If anyone want's to join as a Solider, or heck, even a scientist or an Engineer, feel free.

Last edited:
Ok, so, voting time!

What to Build?
[ ] (Name of Building. Add Location with description if you want an exact location.)

I personally think a Large Radar would be best.

Edit:

Tell me if you want me to buy anything, I will consider it. If anyone want's to join as a Solider, or heck, even a scientist or an Engineer, feel free.
How about a machine that changes your gender? Sadly, we don't have the tech for it, yet.

[X] Missile Defenses

Back