Oh Bloodstained star (Harry Potter/ Highschool DxD self insert)

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

In another world, Rias would have refused Sophia's proposal to leave everything behind. Here, she doesn't and finds herself in the Harry Potter universe. This story is A what-if of infernal comedy, one of my stories that doesn't need to be read before to understand this one.
Venus New
Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore traversed the terrain in pursuit of a rumor. Despite being the headmaster of Hogwarts, chief warlock, and supreme Mugwump, he had forsaken all his duties in pursuit of this rumor.

The town through which Albus wandered lay barren, devoid of life. The desolate human constructs, coupled with the absence of wildlife, only served to enhance the eerie ambiance.

A vacant town that materialized out of thin air mere days ago. A ghost town that emerged at the very spot where the alleged star plummeted.

The scale of the event was too vast, too unforeseen to conceal entirely. It was now too late to ensure that the Muggles remained oblivious to the phenomenon.

All the magical community could do was impede the Muggles and divert their focus temporarily, with the hope that Albus, the designated investigator tasked with addressing the anomaly, would have sufficient time.

It evoked reminiscences of simpler times when Albus's days were consumed by the pursuit, exploration, and comprehension of magic in all its manifestations.

It summoned memories of the halcyon days he shared with his companion before everything spiraled into chaos.

It brought to mind the halcyon days he once enjoyed before acquiring and subsequently losing everything. Indeed, was he not truly advancing in years? Lost in ruminations, ensnared by memories of irretrievable moments.

Perhaps, one day, he would find solace, far removed from his transgressions, far from the darkness he had unleashed, and free from the burdens of duty.

Coming to a halt, Albus reached the precipice's edge. His gaze ascended to behold the unmistakable source of the anomaly.

Perhaps those who claimed a star had plummeted from the heavens were more accurate than they dared to comprehend.

Above, he beheld her—a vision of unparalleled beauty and ethereality. Adorned with hair as crimson as freshly spilled blood, skin as pristine as alabaster, and a face that could be deemed divinely crafted.

She appeared too flawless, too otherworldly. In his centuries-long existence, Albus had never witnessed a sight comparable to this.

Gradually, she opened her eyes, their frigid emerald hue nearly blinding him, as a surge of magic, more potent than any he had ever experienced, radiated from her being.

With alacrity, Albus conjured a shield with the Elder Wand. The earth surrounding him disintegrated into oblivion as her unleashed magic commenced its inexorable march toward annihilation.

From his peripheral vision, he witnessed the city being obliterated, erased from existence. His decision to embark on this endeavor alone had been vindicated. Had he brought others, it would have culminated in a massacre.

The Elder Wand pulsated warmly in his grasp, almost sentient. It communicated with him, transmitting concepts rather than words. Flee, it conveyed.

Flee, for even death shall not shield you from her wrath. Despite this, a smile graced the countenance of the venerable wizard.

Albus Dumbledore had not harbored fear for his life in over half a century! He would not capitulate, not here, and if this marked his demise, so be it.

To most, his actions would appear madness, an encounter with a force deemed too perilous to engage. However, Albus Dumbledore perceived an opportunity.

Albus locked eyes with the celestial being above, for what else could she be? A falling star? A visage so captivating as to render a Veela unremarkable?

"I bid you greetings, Morningstar," Albus exclaimed. It could be none other than Venus, or at the very least, a celestial entity affiliated with the archetype represented by the planet.

She shifted, seemingly dissipating from reality to materialize directly in front of his barrier—a barrier he knew she could dismantle effortlessly, yet her restraint served as an auspicious sign.

"I stand before you," he persisted, "to extend an offer to Your Highness—the role of Defense Against the Dark Arts instructor."

"Albus Dumbledore," she intoned, her voice both mesmerizing and hollow. He refrained from inquiring how she had acquired knowledge of his name. "Do you perceive my identity? Do you comprehend my essence?" she queried.

Wings unfurled upon her back, expanding until they spanned dimensions vast enough to eclipse the sun.

"Someone whom I aspire to regard as a friend one day," he avowed earnestly. For the most compelling arguments were those grounded in truth.

"Would you dare befriend a monstrosity? Would you dare invite an aberration into your domain?" her hands coiling around his neck, the barrier he erected disintegrated before he could react.

"Yes," he confessed without reservation. "Though you may be deemed monstrous, you have possessed the capacity to obliterate me from the outset. Your might could have exterminated us upon your arrival. Yet you refrained. Thus, I would extend a cordial invitation, and I would gladly entertain a monstrosity within my stronghold."

"You harbor intentions of exploitation," she asserted.

"Yes," Albus acknowledged unapologetically.

She withdrew her hands from his neck. "I shall accompany you," she declared. "Let us witness the unfolding of your machinations with my presence."

"By what title may I address you, Your Highness?"

"Here, I am but… Rias," a melancholic smile graced her face, as though reminiscing upon a poignant memory. "Refer to me as Rias."

*scene*

I had accepted Sophia's proposal. I had accepted it, just like a coward, leaving everything behind.

When I accepted, I thought I had made the right choice. I was scared of the great war, of devils and their cruelties, of how everything I seemed to be doing always resulted in screw-ups.

Once, when I was younger, I had tried to hang myself. I had wanted something definitive because the pills, fortunately or unfortunately, never seemed to work. I had tied the noose around my neck and jumped off a chair.

Regret had bloomed at that moment faster than I ever could have imagined. My body, my soul had desperately yearned for release, to continue living.

The rope had snapped at the noose, and I had lived. That fear, that instinctive regret I had felt that day had been identical to what I felt when I realized the choice I had taken.

Even with how hard things had seemed, even with how chaotic this new world had been, there had been things that had made it more than worthwhile.

I had gained a family, people who would follow me to the depths of hell with a smile, who would lay down their lives without hesitation for me, and I had given all of that up.

The last thing I had seen before falling had been Sophia's face, Sophia's disappointed face as if I had failed a test, as if I had failed myself. She was a mirror, and it had felt as if I had truly betrayed myself, betrayed everything Rias Gremory was and could have been.

I chose, yet never had something felt so bittersweet, so soul-breaking. I was free and falling. I was free and wanted to skin myself with my fingers.

I fell somewhere, somewhere empty, devoid of life. I knew that my fall hadn't been a silent one, that it was more than likely that it had attracted a lot of attention.

I didn't care. Since I was younger, I always had days, sometimes weeks of what I would call emptiness.

It wasn't depression or something similar, I think. Could be wrong. In those moments, I felt nothing. In those moments, everything stopped being something worth caring for.

I didn't care if something hurt. I didn't care if something happened to me or someone close to me. I didn't care about messing up my relationships with family and friends. I didn't care about living or even dying.

This emptiness had disappeared when I became Rias Gremory, at least, this is what I thought until now.

I don't really remember much except sleeping and my demonic energy acting weirdly. Maybe I would have normally.

I was woken up from my sleep by the presence of Death. It was faint, more an echo of an echo, but I had felt it.

I had woken up because I had wanted to die. A part of me had hoped for such because I was too emotionally messed up to either try to go forward or take my own life.

I had woken up to disappointment. The moment I had opened my eyes and saw him, I had understood that.

He had been more than an open book to my eyes. Just looking at him, without any metaknowledge, I learned everything about him, about his past, his fears, his hopes, and his burdens.

What I had felt had been the elder wand. A tool I knew unless wielded by something akin to a god would be worthless against me. My essence hadn't even reacted, confirming what I already thought.

He called me Morningstar, and I wonder if he knew how both right and wrong he was. Morningstar had been the name, the title of Helel, my ancestor. It was also the title of the Satan Lucifer, of my brother.

Dumbledore I could see in his mind hadn't seen through this angle. No matter how sympathetic he may have been to muggles and muggle-borns, Albus wasn't one.

He wasn't taught since his childhood hymns and chants in the name of a tripartite god. He wasn't taught of the story of the son of a virgin woman, an aspect of the divine.

It's not that he didn't know but Albus saw as much interest in those beliefs as a physics major with philosophy classes.

He had called me Morningstar because Venus had been considered by Pagan religions as the Morningstar.

Venus also represented Aphrodite, daughter of the sky born of sea foam, goddess of love, beauty, war, and so many other things. Aphrodite, a new name given to a goddess once called Ishtar.

I had fallen from the sky. My demonic energy had created around me a city it wouldn't be wrong to call Roman when in reality, I realized it was a failed replica of the false world in the home office of my brother.

My brother, one I left behind without hesitation. Oh Sirzechs, would you be angry if you knew? Disappointed? I loved him even though I was nothing but an imposter, even though those feelings I inherited weren't truly mine.

I loved him because he made it so easy to do so. I loved him because I don't think anyone has ever cared as much as he did. I loved him and I would have gladly lived forever without telling him that I wasn't the sister he loved so much.

Akeno, would you notice something's different? Would you be happier with this better Rias? Would you love her more? I wanted to be jealous. They were my brother, my queen, they were…they were.

I had made my choice, and I wished I didn't. I was thankful for once for this emptiness inside because I knew I would have broken myself and maybe the world around if I could have felt.

Dumbledore had called me Morningstar because he had recognized me as something more. He had called me Morningstar because he had thought me a deity of beauty.

'It was flattering,' a little part of me thought. That part was swallowed immediately after by the emptiness inside.

Dumbledore wanted to use me. I could see it clearly. I didn't need to ask him to know it. He saw in me a means to end the things he feared.

He proposed to me to become a teacher at his school, and I accepted. He wanted to use me. I accepted because he gave me an opportunity.

I was too cowardly to end my own existence, but what I could do was create a silver bullet. Dumbledore wanted me to teach, and it is what I will do.

I will make his students, the soldiers of his future war, strong, stronger than anything he could imagine, so strong that with their magic, they'll be able to do what I couldn't, allow me to finally rest.

I'll make them strong and ask them to give me the rest I wished for, and if they refuse, heroes always slay villains and monsters don't they?

As we can see, Rias isn't fine at all mentally which is understandable. Hopefully, she'll get better. This chapter with the previous one were supposed to be one but things happened and it wasn't possible. Hope you like it. Got a p.a.t.r.e.o.n.c.o.m / Eileen715. You could support me with one dollar a month or not do so if you don't want to or can't. It's fine.

Naivety New
We appeared before a castle, reality snapping out loudly behind us. Apparition, I remembered. My eyes had allowed me to peer deeply into the sorcery woven by Dumbledore.

Apparition was different from the way devils usually teleported. When it could be said that devils created portals, exploiting gaps already existing in space and time, wizards by apparating tore through the space-time continuum.

It didn't look pretty at all. It was a gap left in the space-time continuum and it made me wonder how this reality hadn't already collapsed.

This was why the apparition was loud. It was a hammer. Subtlety was the last thing it would be able to do.

"I welcome you to Hogwarts Rias," Dumbledore spoke.

I turned toward the wizard. He spoke with cheer, one I could easily see as a lie, as an act. Dumbledore was cautious, anxious and fearful that I would blow up at any moment like a deity of old.

He feared me going back on our deal. He wished he could have made it binding but he wasn't stupid enough to propose such a thing to a being he clearly believed was divine.

Maybe if it had been someone or something else, he would have been right to think such. Fortunately for him, I didn't care.

I looked at the castle. Hogwarts was a huge, rambling, quite scary-looking castle, with a jumble of towers and battlements.

It was someone that seemed to be coming straight out of Tim Burton's mind. The castle felt alive.

It felt alive like the castle of my bro…of Sirzechs. It felt way less dark, expected I think for a construction not existing in hell and housing the prince of sins.

It reminded me of Koneko in a way. Hogwarts smelled and felt like the Earth, like what may have once been a blood-soaked battleground, one where despair fell and hope thrived.

I took a step and felt the castle's attention shift to me. Of course, it would. Hogwarts was made to protect, nurture, to teach children, to allow them to thrive.

I was inherently everything Hogwarts was built to stand against. I was a devil, a spawn from the blood of Helel and Lilith whose biological purpose was to corrupt the creation of the Presence.

The castle would try to do everything in its power to make sure I didn't doom anyone in its halls even though it knew nothing, nothing it could do had a chance of working.

At my side, Albus walked talking about things we both didn't care about. "What do you think of the castle?" he said after a moment.

"It is beautiful," I admitted. Beautiful because of its naivety and stupidity. An ant Looking at the sun and vowing to extinguish it was nonsensical yet the act in itself, the courage to try to do the impossible, to go against the odds was beautiful.

A part of me wished I could have been like that. Maybe…maybe…no, it didn't matter anymore.

The doors opened before us revealing a giant hall. It was empty. The memories of Albus showed me that we were at the end of August, near the beginning of the next school year.

Cedric had died months ago due to Voldemort and Harry was or would be accused of lying. Didn't care to remember which.

"Severus, Minerva, Filius, Pomona, so glad to see you!" the voice of Dumbledore boomed through the hall.

Well not totally empty. Four other people were present and coming closer to us. One brief look at their appearances and their souls allowed me to distinguish them immediately.

One of them was a man who looked as if for the last forty years of his life, a cat had shit on his bed. He looked as if he was restraining himself from snarling. One look at me and he froze.

He looked at me as if he had seen a ghost. "Lily," he whispered under his breath. Had I not been a devil, I wouldn't have heard him.

Green eyes, red hair. I would have understood his shock if I didn't look completely different from her. Lily's hair had been a different shade from mine. She also hadn't looked in any form like me.

No shade to her. Lily Potter had been gorgeous. I could see it so clearly through his mind. It's just that she had been human and humans rarely looked as good as the ugliest devil. Humans looked defective. Comparing me to Lily Potter would be akin to comparing the flame of a candle and a star.

Severus snape. A broken and disgusting man who yearned and wished for something that had never been his, that could never be his. A man so full of spite that was only fuelled by the love he had for Lily.

Like a resolved riddle, his mind unfolded before my gaze. A love that was cruel and twisted. A jealous one.

This is why he hated Harry yet he would be giving his life for him without hesitating. Harry Potter was everything he hated and paradoxically everything he wished he could have.

Harry was the son of the man who bullied him, who was so much better, popular than him, who 'took' his true love.

Harry was the proof that Lily had chosen someone else. Harry Potter was the reminder of the mistake he made the day he called Lily a slur.

He hated Harry Potter because each time he saw him, he saw the face of the one who made him feel as if he was nothing but with the eyes of the one he loved.

He loved Harry Potter because he was his only reminder of Lily. He cared because each time he looked into the boy's eyes, it made him feel as if she was still alive.

He loved Harry Potter because in another world, if things had been different, Harry would have been his child, not the child of the one who bullied him.

The man was delusional. Everything he lost was because of his shortsightness. He lost Lily because impressing those who would put him at the stake was more important than the hurt his childhood friend who always supported him would feel. He lost Lily because he chose to say the prophecy to Voldemort.

He had asked Voldemort to spare Lily. He had wanted to make her his. He had thought she would have been grateful as if Voldemort wouldn't have killed her husband and her son because of him. Even if there wasn't this emptiness inside of me, I don't think I would have been to not feel disgusted.

Looking at him felt like watching a bad movie, one you couldn't stop looking at after discovering it but that you wished you never did.

A part of him hoped that I was Lily back from the dead. Stupid and naive he mentally acknowledged yet he still believed it. Faith, so much hope and faith that If I wished, I knew I could take it and make it mine. Kagutsuchi was a god and I hadn't only inherited his flames.

The others were more easy to recognize. Filius, the charms professor with his short size due to his nature as a part goblin, Minerva McGonagall with her soul that reminded me too much of a little girl with golden eyes and white hair. The last one was clearly by deduction Pomona sprout.

They all were looking at me warily. They weren't like Snape lost in his head hoping for something deep down he knew was false. They knew that I wasn't human. They knew I was different. They knew if I wished to, nothing could stop me from creating untold destruction.

"This is Lady Rias and she thankfully accepted my proposal of being the next defence against the dark arts professor."

The heads of the different houses, well Filius and Minerva looked at each other bewildered as if wondering if Dumbledore was serious. Severus's attention was back-focused on me as if trying to dissect me.

Pomona Sprout was looking at me weirdly. I couldn't place it exactly without digging deeper and I didn't want to. I could feel anger, sadness and hatred boil in her like a volcano waiting to explode.

A part of me, the demonic one yearned to manipulate it, grow it just to see the chaos that would be unleashed.

Words came to the front of my mind. Words I knew that when spoken would break and twist. Just a few words short of turning today into a bad one for everyone here, not only me.

I imagined it. I wanted them to feel the same despair I held inside, the one where everything stopped mattering, where even doing anything felt like a chore, the one you had when things went wrong and you knew without a doubt it was your fault.

Just a few words.

"Can you show me my quarters?" I said to Dumbledore. I didn't want to talk to them. I don't think doing so even while trying would not result in something going wrong. I already fucked up enough. Didn't need more added to the pile.

"Of course," Dumbledore said with a smile on his face as if moments ago, he hadn't been trying to make the other teachers communicate and begin to trust me.

He turned toward the other teachers "It seems Lady Rias is more exhausted than I thought. Proper Discussions and introductions will have to happen next time."

"Allow me to show you your quarters," he told me before we began moving.

Stairs, stairs, ghosts turns and turns. Stairs again. I knew I should be paying attention to the ever-shifting nature of Hogwarts but I couldn't.

We finally arrived before a door that Dumbledore opened "This is your quarters Lady Rias," he told me as the room unveiled before my eyes.

Adequate was the only adjective that appeared in my mind. The room was gigantic as if had been magically enlarged from the inside.

It looked as if a whole condo had been built on the other side. Dark Candeliers were stuck to the roof illuminating softly the room.

A table made of what seemed white wood stood at the corner of the room, four chairs of the same colour more hybrid between chairs and thrones were around it.

I could see a closet opened with what seemed to be hundreds of hundreds of clothes inside I knew with one look were of high quality.

A King-size bed was in the middle of the chamber covered with red blankets.

"This is just a part of your accommodation. I know it's probably not enough bu-"

"It's enough," I said softly.

It was enough. It was adequate for a devil princess having only known the best comfort in her entire life.

It was a room that would be seen as more than extraordinary even by all-powerful human kings.

"It is enough," I repeated and I wondered if I was truly telling it to him of someone else. "I already told you. Just Rias."

"Understood. I won't repeat my mistake."

"Good."

I sat on the bed. 'Soft' I thought. Almost as soft as the ones I shared with her. I closed my eyes and let myself fall on it. Maybe, maybe by closing my eyes, I could lie to myself that I hadn't said yes.

"The great hall is the place where all teachers eat together but it would also be possible for a house elf to bring you directly your meals here."

"There's no need to," I told him. "Don't forget what I am." what you think I am I added mentally.

"Don't worry. You'll have what you want."

I opened my eyes, my gaze locking with his "The start of the school year is next week isn't it?!"

His expression didn't change even though inside, his mind erupted wondering how I knew. "I'll make them strong. I'll make them more than you could ever dream of Albus Dumbledore. I'll make the weapons you wish for. This was my promise and I won't break it so go, go and do whatever you wish to but until then, leave me alone."

With a surge of my demonic energy, he disappeared I knew to reappear before the door.

I closed back my eyes and tried to dream. Unfortunately, what awaited me were nightmares filled with eyes of purple and hair the colour of crimson.

*scene*

Pomona Sprout was exhausted. More than that, she was confused. The last months had been hard, more than she ever wished they would be. Pomona had lost one of her students, one of her children. Cedric Diggory who was so kind, who was loved by so many, who had such a bright future before him, Cedric who was murdered at a moment he should have only felt glory.

Harry Potter had spoken of He-who-must-not-be-named. The boy had said he had come back. The boy had said one of the greatest monsters born from their society had come back to life and as if to celebrate the fact had taken the life of one of her children.

She didn't know what to think. She didn't know what to believe. The only thing she knew was that she had lost one of her Puff and the only thing she wanted was to make the one responsible pay.

She wanted to bury them alive amongst ants, maggots and the monstrous things that crawled underneath the Earth. She wanted them to be scared, to be powerless as their skin was torn off, their flesh consumed and their bones crushed.

She had asked the Headmaster if what the boy who lived had said was true. She had asked him and he hadn't answered at all! He had looked at her with pity! Pity and sadness as if he knew what it was to lose a child under his personal care as if he had been once weak enough to not save what was his!

Albus Dumbledore, the defeater of Grindelwald! Albus Dumbledore, the only man alive the dark lord had feared! Albus Dumbledore who never lost! Albus Dumbledore with enough power to do what he wished to do! Albus blasted Dumbledore who knew how Cedric had died and who was cruel enough to not say anything to her!

She needed to know! She needed to know because each moment she didn't was one where the one who murdered Cedric was able to walk unscathed.

It didn't matter to her that the murderer could indeed be the dark lord like Potter had said. It didn't matter to her that it could be an important pure-blood. Everyone could fall no matter how unlikely it may be. Only an instant and things could change.

Pomona Sprout wasn't as strong as Albus Dumbledore. She wasn't as skilled as Minerva or Filius. She wasn't as knowledgeable in the dark arts as Severus.

It didn't mean she was weak! It didn't mean she couldn't stand tall alongside the heads of the other Hogwarts houses. She wouldn't have been chosen if that had been the case. She knew how must saw her. They called her kind as if it was synonymous with weakness when one needed strength to truly be able to be kind.

Pomona Sprout knew the secrets of the Earth, its wonders and its horrors. One instant, only one instant was sometimes all that was needed to make even a god fall. She just needed to know!

Unfortunately, no matter how she pestered, no matter how she begged Dumbledore, the man's lips stayed close. It wasn't fair. It didn't make any sense.

As if the world wanted to prove her right, that nothing made sense anymore, A comet had fallen from the sky with so much magic that she was sure that even the most oblivious muggle worldwide had been able to feel it.

The headmaster had come back not alone. He had brought back someone, a girl that seemed to come out of a fantasy, of a painting trying to represent beauty that had instead created something more.

The girl was clearly something other, something more. Just being near felt like being at the edge of an endless pit. The girl breathed power more than any creature Pomona had ever met.

The dark lord, the headmaster, Nundus and dragons. She had been in all their presence and they had been nothing before the girl.

Dumbledore had told them that she was to be the next defence against the dark arts professor.

Dumbledore had told them that the girl with too much magic would be the bearer of the curse title.

Dumbledore wanted to sacrifice her. Dumbledore wanted to sacrifice a child because she was a child.

Otherworldy and divine she may look, powerful she may seem, but it didn't change the fact that Pomona was a teacher before all, one whose task was to nurture and protect children.

Dumbledore wanted to sacrifice a child before her and she would be damned before she let him do so.

She had failed Cedric. She hadn't been able to protect him but the girl, Rias who breathed power and with broken empty eyes. Pomona could, no, she would save her.

Pomona held pride in being a teacher. What teacher would she be if she left another child to die?

*scene*

"What's wrong with you Albus?!" Minerva shouted at him. The cup of tea on his desk almost fell because of how loud she was. If he hadn't reacted he thought while taking a sip, It would have truly been a shame.

"Could you be more clear Minerva?" he told her after putting the cup back on the desk, in a place that hopefully would not allow it to fall. "According to my brother and many, there's a lot."

"I'm talking about the child you brought if it's even one and not a creature capable of looking younger in this castle! You want to make her the defence against the dark arts teacher?! When the ministry is breathing on our neck! When what was supposed to happen was that one of their agents would be chosen to be one of our teachers?!"

He had come back into his office after leading the Daemon to her room. He had wanted to relax well as much as he possibly could with her in his castle.

He had been scared that at any moment, she would break her promise, that she would have shown she had tricked him.

He wasn't used to such helplessness anymore. What he was taking was a gamble, one that if he lost would be disastrous and probably mark the end of the magical world but if he won? A smile bloomed on his face.

It was foolish but sometimes foolishness was what turned a gamble into assured victory.

He had been relaxing and adjusting his plans when Minerva barged followed by the other teachers in his office with what he knew would be headaches-inducing words.

He listened half-heartedly as Minerva continued to rant. When the threat Voldemort posed would be dealt with, Albus would take a really long vacation because he really wasn't paid enough.

"I guess most of you think the same thing if I'm not wrong," Albus cut Minerva turning his gaze toward the other heads of the Hogwarts houses.

"Albus," Filius spoke softly as if fearing to be heard by anyone else other than the ones present in Albus' office. "I rarely doubt your decisions. I always backed you up but this time I fear you have brought death here. My body, my soul, they screamed at me to kneel the moment I saw her. I knew without a doubt the moment I saw her that I only was living because she was allowing me to. I had never felt this in all my duelling years. I think you shouldn't have brought her here."

"What about you Pomona?" Albus asked the head of the Hufflepuff house. He knew she wasn't happy with him, as close as hateful as someone as kind as she could be.

She wished to know the murderer of Cedric, the one who took his life. He couldn't tell her because then, he would have to bury her.

It's not that Pomona was weak or non-resourceful but the title of dark lord was one cruelly earned and Tom truly deserved his.

Had Tom been as smart as Gellert had been, Albus didn't think he would still be alive, that the wizarding world wouldn't have fallen under Voldemort's control.

No, he couldn't tell her because telling her would mean losing her because he knew her and due to this knew she would try to avenge her dead student and fail in the process.

He needed her alive, at Hogwarts teaching, nurturing and protecting the next generation so Albus wouldn't tell her anything until an appropriate time came.

"My concern is different from the one of Filius. I won't say I don't completely agree with his concerns. I felt her magic, Albus. How could I disagree with the fact that she's dangerous? No, my problem is that she's a child. No matter how powerful she may be, I am a teacher, a caretaker first and I recognize what you brought before us, a broken child. She shouldn't be teaching Albus."

Dumbledore sighed "So the three of you think I've taken a bad decision."

The headmaster turned his gaze toward the potion master "What about you Severus?"

The man looked as frazzled as the other teachers but differently as if he had seen a ghost. Surprisingly, his answer was different from the ones given by the others "I wouldn't be averse to her presence amongst us. I think it could be beneficial for someone like her to teach our students."

He noticed the looks of surprise and betrayal the other teachers gave to the Slytherin. Interesting. It seemed he wasn't the only one who found it unexpected. "I'm glad you think so Severus."

He turned his gaze toward the disagreeing teachers "I know the danger she could pose very well but," he continued before Minerva could say something else "I did it for a reason. I may be old but I'm no fool."

"Things are changing. Darkness is rising in all its form," he spoke softly his gaze wandering in each of the teachers. "I am getting old and find myself more and more exhausted," he admitted. He watched shock, alarm and concern bloom on their faces.

He knew why. He was Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, one of the pillars of the wizarding world, the man who prevailed against two dark lords and he was admitting to being tired.

Normally, he wouldn't have dared say it, especially with Voldemort back. Albus knew he would learn it whether Severus wished for it to be known or not.

Saying it was admitting to Voldemort that he was weakened and Voldemort was never one to not exploit a weakness.

"I am tired," he told them. "And I think the older I become, the worse I become at maintaining what we have."

"You can't truly believe that?! You're Dumbledore! You only showed us again and again we could count on you," Minerva told him.

"Minerva is right Albus. You were the bastion of light in every dark crisis the wizarding world had since the last century. You never failed us," Filius added.

"I fear you're wrong old friend," he chuckled mirthlessly. "I made so many errors, so many things that were wrong in trying to do the best. I failed a lot."

What was Albus Dumbledore if not a man full of failures? Gellert, Tom, Lily and James, Sirius, Hagrid, Aberforth, Gellert, Ariana.

They were a dime in the sea of errors he had made. They all saw him as perfect when he was just an old fool trying to not repeat mistakes after mistakes.

"Just with Hogwarts. Look at those last years my friends. A troll almost killed Miss Granger. In the year after, it was a basilisk! In the year after that, Dementors, soul-sucking creatures around a children's school and we weren't able to do anything! The year after that, two students kidnapped."

He turned his gaze toward the Hupplepuff teacher "One dead," he said. "One student dead!"

He rose from his chair "Tell me!" he shouted. "Tell me I was perfect! Tell me it wasn't failure!" he hissed.

"Tell me! Look at me in the eyes and tell me that I didn't fail! Tell me that things couldn't have been better!"

He looked at them but none dared to look him in the eyes because no matter how much some of them wanted to refute the words of the headmaster, they couldn't lie to themselves about the fact that a school was supposed to be safe and theirs was the contrary of it.

Minerva remembered the troll in the girl's bathroom. She and the other teachers had run over there only to find a troll knocked out by first years. First years who almost died. First years who should have never had to fear for their lives in the sanctity of the walls of Hogwarts.

Filius Flitwick's eyes stayed down because what the headmaster was judging himself for was something whether he had wanted to acknowledge it or not that was also his responsibility.

The heads of the four houses of Hogwarts were there to protect the students, allow them to thrive.

Did Filius do so? He had been aware of the way some of his ravens treated others they deemed different yet had done nothing.

He knew what it was to be judged, discriminated against just for being who you were yet when the same thing happened under his watch, what did he do? Nothing, Filius Flitwick did nothing.

Pomona Sprout didn't look into the eyes of the headmaster because even though she hated him for hiding the murderer of one of her children, she couldn't deny the fact that maybe if things had been better organized, maybe if the headmaster wasn't as old as he was now, maybe if she had been more observant, the portkey that led Cedric Diggory to his death wouldn't have done so.

"I may be old but I'm not stupid," Dumbledore repeated feeling exhaustion deep into his bones.

"The school year starts next week. Another year where if nothing is actively done, tragedy will strike again. I know it without a doubt. I'm old and not strong enough. I'm just a relic clinging to the world but they aren't."

Filius rose his head in surprise. The others did the same. "The role of a school is I think to give the necessary tools to its students to go into the world and more than that thrive. The role of a school is to nurture and turn rocks into diamonds! Turn its students into the best version of themselves! The role of a school is to make its students strong enough to withstand any storm!"

"This is why I brought her here!" dumbledore told them, his eyes shining as if a fire had been lit up inside of them.

"She's more dangerous than any of you could think she is. We all are the frogs in the well. She's the infinity of the sky outside of it. I was able to make her promise to be the defence against the dark arts teacher. She promised me that she'll make all of them stronger, stronger than I could ever imagine and I believe her."

"I understand Albus," Minerva spoke feeling as if her teeth were being ripped out. "I understand even if don't like it."

"That's all I can from you Minerva. That's all I can ask from any of you," he answered with a sad smile.

"I have one question, Headmaster," Severus spoke for the first time since entering the office of Dumbledore.

"What is she?" the potion master asked.

The attention of all of the houses heads turned toward the old Headmaster. Dumbledore knew that what he would be saying would arrive to Tom yet he wasn't afraid this time.

Albus had all the cards on his side. No matter how much Voldemort knew, nothing he would do would be able to change anything. He could finally see the end of the line "What do you know of the divine?" he asked them.

*scene*

This year was different. It just had begun yet it already felt wrong as if a dark cloud was surrounding them. The lights seemed deemer, the hall quieter and the gazes more fearful.

'Hogwarts wasn't supposed to be like that,' Lee Jordan thought as he bit into a chicken leg. Hogwarts was supposed to be full of life and fun. No one should be looking scared except the Slytherins because fuck the Slytherins. In Lee Jordan's Opinion, you couldn't trust any of them, even more now that Voldemort was back.

Oh, the minister and the news were calling Harry a liar, an attention seeker but Lee knew Harry and had seen him grow and prove himself again and again year after year.

Harry Said that Voldemort was back so Lee believed him. It meant that sooner or later, another war would begin and even though people insulted Harry, Lee knew that deep down, they believed him.

They were scared and didn't want to believe that the worst nightmare of the wizard world was back. The prophet, those shameless acks fed them the lies they wanted all to hear, reassuring them when the only result would be a killing curse in the back because they had been too fearful of the truth.

Cedric died and nothing, no justice would prevail if Voldemort wasn't stopped once and for all but for that, people needed to see the truth. Unfortunately, there was the prophet and the government against it.

This was why he yearned to finish this year as quickly as possible. Here, in Hogwarts, he couldn't realize his dream.

Lee Jordan wanted to create a radio show, one that would be heard and listened to by everyone in the wizarding world, a radio that would allow him to be listened to, a radio focusing on real things instead of the hogwash made by the prophet.

His father had promised to finance him, to help make his dream come true. All he had asked in return was for Lee to do his best his last year and do his best Lee would.

"Lee, what's with the scowling face? You already are hard to look at but if you continue like that, you won't be able to talk to any girl," a voice spoke bringing him out of his head.

"Fuck you, Fred," he said to the owner of the voice. Fred Weasley, a redhead, one of the Weasley twins looked in Lee Jordan's opinion as if a red fox had taken human form, as if he knew something and the others not doing so was hilarious

"I'm not Fred," the Weasley said with a mocking smile. "I'm George."

"Bullshit, I know it's you, Fred."

"You called me?" the other twin turned toward Lee, a mischievous smile etched on his lips.

"You see Lee, I wasn't lying. I am George," the first Weasley said.

"Bullshit. I kept track since we were on the train. None of you two is going to trick me today."

The smiles on their faces widened the same way they usually did when they were ready to prank someone hard. Lee Jordan felt dread "Is that I challenge I hear my most handsome-looking twin?"

"It seemed so my most fabulous twin. Refusing a challenge is something very rude and not brave at all."

"Not brave at all," one of the twins repeated.

"Knock it off you two. Leave Lee alone!" a feminine voice said.

Lee turned toward its owner. Alicia Spinnet was one of his friends. What he liked about the Gryffindor chaser was that she didn't hesitate to say what she thought.

Alicia Spinnet was honest, some would say too much but what she showed was what she was.

"Poor us! An ogre is coming at us my most awesome twin," one of the Weasley twins said in false horror swaying ridiculously as if he was on the verge of losing consciousness before falling into the arms of his brother.

"Don't worry my most unbelievably perfect twin," the other said. "I'll be at your side protecting you from this chasing predator"

"There's no need Alicia. You know how they are," Lee spoke to the girl before taking another bite of his chicken. Damn, his food was becoming cold.

"Yeah, I do. I thought that with the fact that we were now seventh year, they would be acting more mature," she sighed.

"Mature?!" one of the twins began. "We are the height of maturity," they finished together fox-like smiles displayed on their faces.

With a last bite, Lee finished his meal. One thing at Hogwarts that never disappointed him was how good the food was. It almost excused the weird defence teacher and the nonsense that always followed each year, almost.

The Headmaster rose and the Talking ceased immediately as all turned to face him. Lee was sure that the only thing most students here wished for was to sleep now that they had finished eating.

"Well, now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices," said Dumbledore. Lee loved and respected Dumbledore like most but he truly hoped the announcements wouldn't last long. He was beginning to feel drowsy.

He began talking about how the forest was forbidden like he did each year. Lee didn't understand why it needed to be said. Who would be stupid and dumb enough to voluntarily go there? There was a reason why making a student go into it even accompanied was one of the worst punishments that someone could get. Even the twins after going there after a prank had looked horrified at their return.

He talked after about Flich and its stupid rules. Seriously, it was a magic school. What was the point if they couldn't use magic in the corridors?

"We have had three changes in staffing this year. We are very pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures lessons. we are also delighted to introduce Professor Umbridge, a new teacher who will be teaching a new class, the class of Civil Rights, duties and Wizards Customs."

That was new. Umbridge, Lee knew he had heard this name before. Where though and in which context was the question. Also civil rights, duties and wizards customs? It already sounded like a lot of bullshit to him.

Dumbledore continued, "Tryouts for the house Quidditch teams will take place on the—". Unfortunately, Dumbledore stopped speaking. He was finally talking about something interesting before stopping to look enquiringly at Professor Umbridge. Lee didn't understood at first why Dumbledore had stopped talking, but then Professor Umbridge cleared her throat, "Hem, hem," and it became clear that she had got to her feet and was intending to make a speech. Yeah, Lee already hated her.

Dumbledore only looked taken aback for a moment, then he sat down smartly and looked alertly at Professor Umbridge as though he desired nothing better than to listen to her talk.

Other members of staff were not as adept at hiding their surprise. Professor Sprout's eyebrows had disappeared into her flyaway hair and Professor McGonagall's mouth was as thin as Lee had ever seen it. No new teacher had ever interrupted Dumbledore before. At Lee's side, he saw the gaze of the twins focus on her, one that everyone in Hogwarts knew to fear. This woman obviously did not know how things were done at Hogwarts. Soon, she would.

"Thank you, Headmaster," Professor Umbridge simpered, "for those kind words of welcome."

Her voice was high-pitched, breathy and a little girlish and, it made him want to tear his ears off. She sounded as if she wanted to sound nice but she was doing too much and the result was something disastrous.

"Well, it is lovely to be back at Hogwarts, I must say!" She smiled, revealing very pointed teeth. "And to see such happy little faces looking up at me!"

'She was also delusional as if it couldn't get worse,' Lee thought with a frown.

No one looked happy to see her. On the contrary, most people seemed for Lee disgusted by her presence and taken aback at being addressed as though they were five years old.

"I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all and I'm sure we'll be very good friends!"

The twins exchanged looks at this. Lee could see they were trying to conceal their mischievous grins and they were failing. "Yes," he heard one of them whisper. "We'll be very good friends," they finished in unison.

Professor Umbridge cleared her throat again but when she continued, some of the breathiness had vanished from her voice. She sounded much more businesslike and now her words had a dull learned-by-heart sound to them.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. The rare gifts with which you were born may come to nothing if not nurtured and honed by careful instruction. The ancient skills unique to the wizarding community must be passed down the generations lest we lose them forever. The treasure trove of magical knowledge amassed by our ancestors must be guarded, replenished and polished by those who have been called to the noble profession of teaching."

Yeah, fuck her. Lee wished she had been the defence against the dark arts teacher. It would have made sure that she wouldn't come back ever to curse Hogwarts in the future with her presence.

Professor Umbridge paused here and made a little bow to her fellow staff members, none of whom bowed back to her. Professor McGonagall's dark eyebrows had contracted so that she looked positively hawklike, and Lee distinctly saw her exchange a significant glance with Professor Sprout as Umbridge gave another little 'hem, hem' and went on with her speech.

Lee turned toward the twins "I'll pay you to make her disappear. I'll do whatever you need but please get rid of her."

"We would have normally accepted your money but this time, it is not needed. We would have done It even without you saying anything," one of the twins answered.

"If you succeed, I'll buy the two of you drinks at Hogsmeade."

"Lee, she's a teacher," Angelina spoke disapproval etched on her face.

"I'm ready to bet that she is a pure-blood supremacist" Alicia spoke.

"Sucker's bet. Of course, she is," Lee spoke.

"Maybe she's not. Maybe she seemed this way but isn't," Angelina spoke but even in her tone, there was some incertitude.

Lee looked back at the still-talking dressed-in-pink woman who was still talking "She likes the sound of her voice doesn't she?"

"When she proves herself to be what we think she is or worse, I'll tell that I told you Angelina," Alicia said to the other member of the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, the woman in pink sat down. Dumbledore clapped. The staff followed his lead, with less enthusiasm. A few students joined in, but most had been taken unawares by the end of the speech, not having listened to more than a few words of it, and before they could start applauding properly, Dumbledore had stood up again.

"Thank you very much, Professor Umbridge, that was most illuminating," he said, bowing to her. "Now, as I was saying, Quidditch tryouts will be held next week. I advise all of you to talk to the heads of your houses and your Quidditch team for more information."

Lee watched Dumbledore take a deep breath before he continued "Last but not least, like I'm sure most of you expected, we have a new defence against the dark arts teacher."

Snickers rose at the words of the headmaster. Dumbledore was right to say it wasn't unexpected at all.

Lee searched for a new teacher at the teacher's table but found no one. "I don't see anyone. Do you think they'll do the same kind of entrance that Professor Moody did last year?" Alicia asked him.

Moody had been a scary teacher, a good one but a scary one. What kind of teacher teaches and uses Unforgivables on his students?

"It is with delight that I present to you The defence against the dark arts teacher, Lady Rias!"

At first, nothing happened and Lee thought that maybe the teacher was late, the headmaster was becoming senile or the curse had worked early.

Around him, he heard whispers sharing the same thought he had.

Lee Jordan was a seven-year Pure-Blood at Hogwarts. He knew magic. He wasn't the best with it but he knew it intimately yet he found himself dumbstruck when magic, so plentiful, so raw that he could feel it, almost taste it appeared.

In the air, before the headmaster a crimson circle of what Lee knew was magic, rotated slowly, ominously bathing the great hall with its scarlet colour.

Around him, he heard gasps of shock and fear. From the circle, she rose. She had red hair, truly red not like a Weasley with their more orange carnation as if her hair had been bathed in blood.

Her skin even far away from her was a perfect alabaster white, without any blemishes. She wore what He recognized as muggle clothes. A pair of jeans and a t-shirt he think they were called and damn, maybe he was in love. Witches in magazines didn't even come close to her.

She was barefoot and maybe Lee Jordan was more like Oliver Wood than he wished he was. She stepped to the side of Dumbledore, her feet not touching the ground at all and gave him a nod before turning toward them and Lee Jordan fell in love.

He heard gasps and even the sound of some people falling and truthfully, he couldn't blame them. How could someone like that exist? How could someone like her not be known? She had to not be real right?

"Guys, are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Lee Jordan spoke softly.

"If you mean an angel straight from heaven, Yes Lee."

"Shut up!" Alicia hissed. Her face was so red that it made her look like a tomato "You're distracting me from looking at her."

"Normally, I would tease you remorselessly but I understand Alicia, I understand," one of the twins said.

The silence created by her presence was broken by Dumbledore who seemed to be the only one able to speak even though Lee could also see some surprise written on his face "Professor Rias fortunately accepted my proposal to teach defence against the dark arts. Even though she may be young, I'm sure her arrival made sure to quell all doubts about her competence as a teacher. Is there anything you want to say to the students Professor Rias?"

The professor looked at them, her blue-green eyes seemingly travelling and piercing through each of them "The headmaster asked me one thing. To make all of you strong," she said softly yet her voice travelled, crossed the distance, reaching them as if she was whispering sweet nothing in their ears. Her voice felt intoxicating like a drug, like a promise of a reward.

"All of you here have dreams, aspirations. Some of you want to make your families proud," she said her gaze moving over Malfoy who reacted as if he had been struck.

"Some of you want to be left alone. Others want to be able to do what they wish to do without being stopped."

She opened her right palm and Lee watched as wandlessly, she summoned a blue fireball "But the truth is that nothing can be reached without strength." Another act of wandless magic. It was said only the greatest wizards could do so yet she did so easily as if it was nothing.

"Nothing can be preserved without strength," she spoke the flame over her palm growing hotter until it felt to Lee as if he was near a volcano in eruption.

With one move, of her fingers, the fire disappeared with The unbearable heat it had brought as if it hadn't existed moments ago."So I ask you, will you allow me to guide you to the strength needed to reach your dreams?" she asked them.

For the first time since the creation of Hogwarts, all of its students chose to answer the same thing.

As we can see Dumbledore's playing the Game of Thrones and he's saying to win or in other terms, Old Man exploits a young pretty depressed girl. The other teachers think he turned crazy except Snape who's acting like a simp and Pomona who's acting like a mother hen to the abomination in the shape of a teenage girl. Hope you like this chapter. Don't hesitate to comment if you do and also to comment if there are things you dislike. The feedback you gave me allows me to make my writing better.

PS: this poor sinner got a Patreon( p.a.t.r.e.o.n.c.o.m / Eileen715) with chapters of my story in advance (just cooked a chapter of 8K words easily as cool in my humble point of view as the first one of Infernal comedy). Don't hesitate to visit if you just want to support me or read more

Sisyphus New
Harry was walking toward his next class with Hermione and Ron. The class, Defence Against the Dark Arts was supposed to be the last one of the day.

Coming to Hogwarts this year was different. Hogwarts had always been his escape but this year, it felt different like he was this year entering into an Acromantula's den. Cedric was dead. Cedric who Had died before him. Cedric who was last year wandering the same halls.

He tried to ignore the whispers, the sneers and the stares directed toward him. They didn't believe him. They didn't want to believe Voldemort had come back.

Saying the truth had turned most of them against him. All of sudden, he wasn't their beloved boy who lived but a liar, the boy who lied. It had a nice ring to it. Maybe he should trademark it.

Honestly, Harry Potter wasn't sure how to feel about his next class. He had seen the display of magic of the Professor.

He didn't think he would ever be able to forget as long as he was alive Professor Rias' introduction.

First, there was her appearance. Not even Fleur, a veela had been that pretty. A part of him recognized the fact that he was less dubious and more enthusiastic than he ought to be about her class because of how attractive she looked.

Even if she was as bad at Lockhart, Harry thought that gazing at her would not be a complete waste of time. Not that he would say it out loud.

More than that, more than her striking appearance, there was her words. He could still remember her words. They had felt too real, too true to his hears. Power to protect. Nothing could be preserved without strength.

The only thing Harry Potter had been since his birth was lucky. Harry Potter didn't survive because he was strong. He did because he was lucky.

He was lucky to survive the killing curse. He had been lucky to survive the troll and Voldemort his first year.

His second year, he had been lucky to survive. Had it not been for Fawkes, the Phoenix of the headmaster, he would have died in the chamber of secrets.

In his third year, things being different would have meant him or Sirius being kissed by Dementors.

In the previous year, he had been lucky enough to survive against Voldemort. The thing was that he wasn't stupid.

How long until his chance ran out? How long until everything came crashing down? Luck was unreliable at best.

His luck hadn't extended to Ginny in his second year. His luck hadn't saved Cedric. Cedric died and Harry hadn't been able to do anything.

This is why the words from the new professor had felt like a direct strike into the heart. If he wanted to survive, if he wanted for what happened with Cedric to never do so in the future, Harry needed strength. He needed to be more powerful.

People respected Dumbledore because he was one of the greatest wizards, because he was powerful. People feared and followed Voldemort because he was powerful. Even when he was younger, none had tried stopping Dudley and his friends because they were seen as meaner and stronger.

The professor had displayed magic he never saw before. Being in her presence had been more than humbling in many ways.

Harry didn't think that he could become as strong as her because the new defence against the dark arts teacher had given him the impression of someone whose existence was synonymous with power. She was powerful not because she became powerful but because she simply was.

He hoped that she would be as good as a teacher as Remus and not at all like Quirrel in first year.

Sooner or later, he knew things would get weird due to the fact it had always been the case with defence against the dark arts teachers.

He just hoped it wouldn't be the teacher trying to kill him because this time, he didn't think he would be lucky enough to survive.

"That should have been possible!" Hermione spoke. "I checked! Only the likes of the founders, Merlin and Morgana were said to be able to do magic like that and even then, never as easily as she did!" Hermione shouted

"She did it though. We all saw," Ron spoke.

"I know! I was there too Ron but it still doesn't make any sense! Someone like her, with such a striking appearance, with such powerful magic shouldn't be unknown. I searched and I didn't find any possible family or race she could be part of or legend that could help all of this make more sense."

"Maybe, it's because there never was," Harry said softly.

"Not possible Mate. Someone like her, Something like she showed doesn't appear from nowhere," Ron Denied.

"So what?"

"Don't know mate but what I know if that there must be traces somewhere."

"I think I got it!" Hermione gasped.

Harry and Ron exchanged looks. Ron shrugged before they turned toward her. Sometimes Hermione was too much in her head, thing that stopped her most of the time from realizing that others weren't as smart as her.

"Go on," Harry told her.

"Maybe Ron is right." Ron flashed a smirk in Harry's direction. "I said maybe Ron," Hermione spoke exasperation filling her voice,

"Maybe," she began softly as if she wasn't sure of the words she wanted to say "there were records or traces or things but those things were hidden with magic."

Realization spread through Harry's mind "You're talking of the Fidelius."

"I'm not sure. Maybe something similar. I'm sure there's so much magic that we don't know the existence of."

"So you think the source of the magic of and things about the professor were hidden with magic and this is why what she did is almost unheard of. Am I right?" Ron spoke doubt filling his voice.

The redhead sighed "I wish things were less complicated."

"You're not the only one," Harry Mumbled out. Another thing to give out. Another mystery to solve. His thoughts were interrupted by Hermione's words.

"Ron, look at the twins. I think there's something wrong," Hermione told the Weasley. She sounded shocked and wary. Harry followed her gaze and understood why.

Since he had met Fred and George, he had never seen them without a smile. They always seemed to be in a good mood and ready to prank someone.

There had been a World War Two veteran living at Privet Drive before. Harry hadn't really interacted with him but the man had always seemed to him on the verge of breaking down with his empty eyes as if he thought at any moment, something wrong would happen. The twins, they now looked like him and it was wrong.

Something was really wrong "George, Fred, what happened?" he asked them as he moved closer to them.

A broken chuckle escoard from the lips of one of the twins. "What didn't happen would be the appropriate thing to say," the other twin spoke softly.

"Let me give you this advice. Don't hesitate at any moment."

"What do you mean by that Fred?" Ron asked. "Fred? Fred?"

Behind the twins, a mass of students were coming toward them and they looked as shellshocked as the twins.

"I'm not sure I want to go to her class," Harry heard Ron whisper and he couldn't agree more with the Weasley.

What could have possibly have happened to make the seventh years look as if they had come back from the battlefield?

He took a deep breath. He had faced Voldemort. He had faced a Basilisk. He could face whatever the new professor would throw at his face. He needed to grow stronger.

He moved toward the door of the defence against the dark arts class. "Harry, I don't think it's a good idea," Hermione told him.

"I know Hermione. I know but if there is a chance of whatever she teaches to help against you know who, I can't back down."

"I understand," she said with a sad smile. "It's not as if we're not used to things going wrong. Like always, we will pull ourselves out if something goes wrong, together."

"Together," he repeated feeling less unease. He turned toward Ron who nodded. Together, the Golden Trio stepped in the defence against the dark arts class, an act they would never be able to forget in the future.

*scene*

I didn't really know how to be a teacher. Sure, I had some ideas about it. I knew that I should have most of my class planned in advance and strive to do my best to make my students better.

The thing was that I didn't plan anything. Dumbledore had given me the post of DADA teacher one week before the start of the school year and even though it should have been enough time for a devil like me to come up with something, I had spent most of my time sleeping.

It kinda left me in a conundrum. On one hand, it gave me a lot of flexibility. On the other hand, it meant that I had to improvise.

I watched as the last missing students, the Golden Trio of Gryffindor stepped into my class.

I watched their eyes widen as they looked at the 'classroom'. From the outside, it probably looked like an average one but from the inside, it was completely different.

I had used my magic to change it into something more comfortable, less cramped. We were now in a gigantic garden with leaves, grass and trees the colour of Amethyst.

Over us, a dark sun shone. This place was a replica, probably a bad one of my brot-... Of Sirzechs's garden.

This place even though each time my gaze travelled, I seemed to see their spectres. This garden felt soothing in a weird way, like a sweet poison.

The Golden trio sat at an empty table. They seemed to be looking at anything but me as if I was the boogeyman. I wondered what they thought. Just one look and I would know but I don't think it was worth it.

My gaze travelled to the other students. Hogwarts had fewer students each year than I remembered. Harry's potter was the one with the most students and combined, The Slytherins and the Gryffindors only were numbered twenty. Voldemort and his little war really made a number on the Wizarding world, didn't it?

"In my class, the axis will be on making all of you better," I told them.

Hermione raised her hand "Better Miss?"

"Yes, better," I confirmed. "It seemed that your teachers in the last years were mostly inadequate" and I was understating them. Even low-class devil toddlers would be more dangerous than them which is really sad or disturbing when you think about it.

"This will change beginning today." I rose from my seat. "The goal of this class is to teach to defend and thrive against the dark arts yet you are all confined in a class."

It was like trying to teach someone music without them knowing what it was. It was akin to a warrior never having made someone else bleed. The concept in itself was wrong.

I wanted to create people strong enough to one day allow me to finally rest and there is no chance in hell that those kids if things stayed the same they were used to would have any chance of doing so.

"In my class," I added. "All spells are permitted. Yes," I confirmed as I watched some of them look at me like a snake ready to bite and others more precisely a blonde ferret as if I was the second coming of Christ. "All spells."

"The Minister wouldn't allow it Professor and even then, dark magic corrupt! This is what the books and what we have been taught said!" Hermione said to me. The Gryffindor girl looked defiant, something that was probably a surprise to her friends with the way the other Gryffindors looked at her as if she had gone crazy.

I walked to the table she shared with Ron and Harry. With a sigh, I dug deep into my soul ignoring my power of destruction, my demonic magic to grab my divinity and release a tiny fraction of it.

Ashes began to fall from the sky and thunder shook the world as the world reacted the my authority. A hot wind, menacing and too much warm flowed.

All the students fell, my divinity acting like a gravitational force. I zeroed my attention on Hermione and her eyes widened in fear as if she finally realized that I was someone who would kill her at any moment.

I found doing so displeasing but sometimes, the pecking order needed to be established and power was the only universal hierarchy.

"The truth is Hermione Granger that saying dark magic corrupt is an oversimplification. Magic itself is naturally corruptive. Power in itself is corruptive. This is its nature. I don't fear your ministry. Listen very well, They still exist because I didn't wish otherwise."

I put the lid back on my divinity and as nothing had happened, the world came back to normal. "Next time, you want to share a grievance or ask a question, raise the hand."

My eyes travelled to the other terrified students "It goes for all of you. Hope it is understood."

I went back to my Throne. Why had I reacted this way? It wasn't like me to do so. It was too harsh. She had annoyed me I realized. She had made me feel something else than numbness and it had been annoyance. It didn't change that she didn't deserve it. Hermione no matter if she annoyed me was a child. Something was wrong but I couldn't put my finger exactly on it.

I closed my eyes before leaning my face on my fist. What was I thinking about before all of that?

Oh yeah, I was thinking of a possible curriculum. None of them had been able to fight against the weight of me partially revealing my divinity. At this rate, they'll never be strong enough.

I guess I would do something similar to what I did with the seventh-year students earlier. I had created a false realm before summoning a replica of Musashi Miyamoto from Fate, a copy I purposefully nerfed to the level of a middle-class devil and they had been slaughtered by what they underestimated and saw as a muggle.

I could do something different but the question was what should I create? I needed a strong adversary that'd teach them how quick and scary a fight could be. I needed a warrior who would not only beat them but crush them so utterly than the only things left behind were rocks I would be able to shape into diamonds.

Harry was the boy who lived, the one prophesied to fight with Voldemort until one of them remained.

Normally, I wouldn't worry because in canon he won but things were different now. I was sure that things had changed due to my presence. I just hoped that things wouldn't change to turn as bad as my previous one but even then, I needed to make Harry Potter strong, strong enough that no matter what happened, he would be the one victorious.

I opened my eyes. They were back in their seats looking more alert now, looking at me as if I was a dangerous predator and they were trying to predict my next move.

With one flick on my fingers, the scenery changed to one of an island surrounded by an ocean. Demonic energy was handy like that. As long as you had enough of it, you could do anything.

My students were now standing. I watched blink in confusion as they realized their surroundings had changed. I rose from my seat that crumbled into ashes behind me.

"Let's make things interesting," I told them as I continued to rise in the air. Whay they didn't know like the seventh year I had class before with was that Death here was more than a possibility for them. Of course, I wouldn't kill them for long. It would make things complicated. They would be resurrected after but I won't tell them that. The best learning situations are those where you either to adapt or sink.

I felt a soft smile on my face. Maybe I had changed more than I thought. I wonder what they would be to do against a weaker version of Mahoraga.

*scene*

It appeared, a spectre of doom and destruction. It was tall, easily taller than ten feet with skin the same colour as bones. Over its head, there was a giant golden wheel.

The thing didn't have eyes yet Harry knew it was looking at them, looking at them with malevolence.

"Allow me to present you Eight- handled sword divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga," he heard the voice of the professor rang all around him.

A savage grin split the face of the monster. "Here is your assignment." Harry rose his eyes above to the floating form of his teacher.

From thin air, a throne materialized. The woman sat on it before crossing her legs and looking down at them indifferently. "Try to survive."

"She's bluffing! She can't! My father wouldn't allow this!" Harry heard Malfoy shout.

"Don't you understand Draco Malfoy? The only thing worth here is strength. Use all your spells if needed. I already told you. I promise you won't be punished."

A white blur moved on the side of harry's vision. It's the thing he realized. She wasn't joking he realized with horror.

He turned toward the blonde Slytherin "Draco! Move!" he shouted.

He watched the eyes of the Malfoy widen as the beat reappeared in the midst of the Slytherins just before him, a hand extended to turn him into paste.

Goyle was the quickest to move. Magic lit up from the tip of his wand "Depulso," he shouted with fear.

The beast, Mahoraga reacted faster than something its size should have. A sword grew from one of its arms.

The thing moved batting the spell away as if it was a fly sending it flying away to another slytherin, Millicent Bulstrode. The girl was sent ragdolling and fell on her neck with a sickening crunching noise that made Harry want to puke.

The blade of the thing didn't stop. It changed course abruptly like a Quidditch player to embed itself in the head of Goyle.

For a moment, everything stopped. Time seemed to have stopped as they watched blood begin to fall, as they watched the unmoving body of Milicent Bulstrode.

With a grin, the monster raised his blade separating the head of the Slytherin boy in two. Blood erupted from the boy like a geyser.

His body moved, spasmed as if it didn't realize he was dead before falling roughly on the ground, his blood pooling around his body and bathing the shoes of the Slytherin surrounding him.

Hermione had fallen on her knee at his side "Oh my god, it's not real. It's not real. Please, tell me it's not real." Her eyes were fixed on the corpses of what had once been their classmates.

Ron like many vomited. Harry couldn't blame them. He put his hand on his mouth to stop himself from doing so. He had seen Death. He had seen Cedric die. Death had always been at the corner but seeing something so gruesome, so violent sickened him more than anything ever did his entire life.

He hadn't liked Goyle at all. He was a Slytherin and always at the beck and call of Draco but Goyle hadn't deserved to die like that. No one did.

Shouts of fear and panic began to erupt amongst the students as they realize that it was in fact real.

Draco Malfoy kneeled at the side of the bloody corpse of his childhood friend "Goyle?" Draco whispered. "Goyle? Gregory, it's a joke, right? It has to be. It has to be!"

Some Students Like Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil and Fay Dunbar began to run away despair filling every one of their steps, their instincts screaming at them to do so if they wanted to live. Others too shocked didn't almost as if stuck under the gaze of a Basilisk.

Shock and denial morphed into rage in the Malfoy. "You! You! YOU WILL PAY!" The boy moved full of murderous intent, magic and hatred fuelling him, allowing him, giving him the power to exact one of the more feared spells of all the existence of wizardkind "Avada Kadavra!

Green surged like a snake from the wand of the Malfoy tearing through the air to touch the monster.

"Malfoy used the killing curse!" Harry heard Neville gasp in shock. Harry felt goosebumps move through his skin.

The same green light who took his parents from him, the same green light who gave him his scar. The same green light who took Cedric's life.

The killing curse, the spell only used by the worst dark wizards. The spell that Draco Malfoy had used before all of them.

The spell touched Mahoraga and the white giant stopped moving. His grin was frozen as if time had stopped around him.

A weight seemed to be lifted form the shoulders of the Slytherin and Gryffindor students as the beast stopped moving.

Oh, there would be consequences. Most didn't like Draco Malfoy and he had given them the perfect opportunity to hurt him in the future but for now, they allowed themselves to take a deep breath.

"I always knew Malfoy was bad news. This just confirms it," Ron said at Harry's side the boy looking even paler than usual but seemingly fine.

"He used the spell to save us Ron," Hermione spoke. "I know it's an unforgivable but I'm sure that this counts as an emergency, right?"

Draco Malfoy had turned his back to the monster to focus on the corpse of his friend.

"On which side are you Hermione? He used the killing curse, an unforgivable! Just like a death eater!" the Weasley hissed.

"I know that Ron! It's jus-"

"I had said every spell could be used and that your task was to survive," the voice of the professor boomed.

Harry could see that the woman had taken a relaxed position, lying on the throne her legs over the armrests, her face leaning against one of her cheeks. She looked bored as if because of her, people hadn't died.

"I wouldn't have said so if eliminating Mahoroga was this easy," she finished.

Easy? The thing had been hit by a killing curse! Killing curse killed the moment something living was touched! It wasn't possible to survive one!

'Didn't he survive one though?' A voice whispered in Harry's mind. The professor had used it since the first time they had seen her magic they never thought possible.

The eyes of the boy who lives widened. Harry turned toward the giant. On his back, the wheel turned.

His hand moved faster than his mind. The ground between the Slytherins and the beast rose before turning into steel.

It was pointless. Mahoraga went through it as if it didn't exist. Harry watched Draco's eyes widen before a giant foot fell on his head with a disgusting crunch.

The ground caved as if a bomb had been detonated. The force sent the Slytherin and the Gryffindor girls around the monster flying like flies.

Harry's wand moved. With a flick of it, the ground moved, rising in the shape of a wave of mud.

Harry felt the attention of the thing turn toward him and he had to grit his teeth to overpower his instincts screaming at him to flee.

The wave moved, following the trajectory of the Slytherins and the three other Gryffindor girls. The mud was successful in saving the Slytherins by scooping them up. For the Gryffindor girls though? Mahoraga objected, his blade shining under the sun and with one slash, the white giant cut the scared Gryffindor's girl in pieces.

Parvati, Lavender, Fey, they died before him without him being able to do anything. Harry tried to ignore the scream of anguish coming from Hermione and With a twist on his wrist, the wave and the Slytherins it held moved toward the Gryffindor.

With one last flick, the Slytherins fell before him. At his feet, some of the Slytherins were still as if they hadn't realized what just transpired. Others had broken down.

Harry didn't think Slytherins could cry until today. "Draco! Draco! It killed Draco!" he heard Pansy Parkinson scream.

She was holding her head between her hands. Pansy Parkinson didn't look haughty anymore. She looked broken and unfortunately, she wasn't the only one.

Tracey Davis and Daphne Greengrass, the ice queen of Slytherin were hugging each other.

Hermione kneeled at the side of Pansy Parkinson and hugged her. The fact that the girl didn't try to extricate herself from it or insult Hermione but instead leaned into the Gryffindor girl said a lot.

"Harry, we need to do something," Dean spoke "Or we're going to be slaughtered."

"What can we do Dean? That thing was hit by the Killing Curse and it did nothing! That thing killed Goyle and Malfoy!" Seamus said to his best friend. "Don't you see?! There is nothing any of us can do! Running is useless! It already showed that! It can backhand spells!"

No one spoke after. Harry wanted to deny the words of the other Gryffindor but he wasn't sure he could. Even with Voldemort, there had been a chance of surviving even if it was unlikely.

With that smiling thing? With that thing who had killed so many of them with so much ease and brutality, it seemed winning was impossible.

"That thing killed my friends," a voice cut the heavy silence. Harry turned toward where it came from.

It was the voice of a boy dressed in the Green colours of Slytherin. His name was Zabini if Harry remembered well. His mother was called the black widow because all of her seven husbands died and no one was able to prove it was her.

"They weren't perfect, far from it but they didn't deserve to go like that. We'll probably die cowardly lion," the boy said his gaze fixed on Seamus "But I'll die trying my best to bring that thing down with me. The only thing we can now choose is how we'll die."

Zabini turned toward Harry "Potter, are you with me?"

Harry could feel the attention of everyone turned toward him. He knew that most of the Gryffindors would be following the decision he took no matter if they agreed with it or not.

Oh, how he wished he could say no. Oh, how he wished he hadn't entered into the class of The new professor.

Harry wanted to live long, have a family and be happy. He didn't want for things to end here, now when there were so many things he had to do. Was this how his parents, how Sirius and Remus had felt?

His eyes widened. Sirius and Remus! How would they react knowing he died? Sirius, he would be broken because of him.

"Magic had been my escape," Harry spoke softly. "Things had never been as easy as most think they were to me but magic, Hogwarts allowed me to feel free, to feel as if I could reach my dreams. I don't want to fight that thing," he admitted.

"I want to run." With a sad smile, he looked in the eyes of Zabini "But I won't because I still have my magic. I still have a chance to realize my dreams no matter how small it is. I'll fight until I can't cast because I want to realize my dreams. I'll fight because Draco and the others had dreams. I never liked Draco but it didn't mean I wanted him to die. I'll fight with you Zabini for my dreams, for those of us who fell here and would never be able to realize theirs."

"Dreams huh?" the dark-skinned Slytherin chuckled. "Call me Blaise, Potter. We're going to die together."

"So call me Harry, Blaise."

Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath before reopening his eyes. The thing had been looking at them, all this time without moving.

It knew they couldn't run. 'It is playing with us,' Harry realized. This was a game for the thing, a hunt. Fine, Harry will do their best for it to be the most difficult hunt the creature would ever have.

Harry tightened his grip on his wand and walked forward. He could swear that he could hear his wand sing "Those who don't want to fight, behind us!"

He heard steps. To his surprise, instead of being further and further, they came closer. Ron and Hermione stepped on both his sides "It's been the three of us since the beginning. Did you truly think it would change now mate?" Ron asked him.

Ron with so much jealousy and complexity. Ron with so much loyalty. Ron, his brother in all but blood. A chuckle escaped him "Of course not."

To his surprise, he watched Pansy Parkinson step to the side of Hermione "I won't go out without fighting," she said under his gaze. The boy who lived nodded.

"I'm a Gryffindor," Neville said as he walked to stand at their side. "Gryffindor don't give up even in the worst situations." At his side, Dean Thomas stood silently.

The three other Slytherins, Greengrass, Tracey Davis and Crabbe walked at their side "You talk of a dream, Potter," the blonde Slytherin spoke.

"May I ask what it is?" she told him softly. She didn't look as cold or stuck up as she usually did. Harry would even say that Greengrass looked kind.

He pandered for a moment if he should answer before he realized that her knowing wouldn't matter "A family, I wanted a family," he told her with a smile.

The boy who lived turned to look at the two other members of the Golden trio. They looked at him with soft smiles. He was so stupid. What he had wanted all this time, the family he had been searching for. He had found, no made himself another one. He had just been too stupid to realize it.

"This is a beautiful dream," the blonde Slytherin told him before raising her wand in the direction of Mahoraga. "Family, a dream worth fighting and dying for."

"Are all of you Serious?! Don't you all realize whether we fight or we don't, nothing will change?!" Seamus shouted behind them.

All alongside him, the Slytherins and the other Gryffindors rose their wands. "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more," Hermione said. It felt like a quote from a book. "If nothing matters Seamus, doesn't it mean that everything does?"

"Harry, What's the plan?" she asked him.

"This thing showed us that it could deflect and block spells, dive through transfigured walls of metal and survive the killing curse."

"So there is nothing we can't do?" Blaise asked him.

"I didn't say that," Harry replied. "The killing curse, it worked at the beginning. It was only when the wheel on its back moved that it began moving again. It means even if temporary, that thing can be stopped by strong and powerful magic."

Far away from them, Mahoraga seemed to be exhausted from waiting for them. The white giant had extended its blade that now was covered with the familiar green shade of the killing curse "Here is the plan. Those who don't know powerful spells will have to transfigure the terrain to slow him down and hurt Mahoraga as much as possible. To the others, throw your most powerful spells. It doesn't matter how dark they are. Understood?"

"UNDERSTOOD!"

"Good." Harry could see that Mahoraga was on one knee like a professional athlete ready to launch themselves.

"Lit it up!" Harry shouted, his wand moving in accord with his magic. The boy who lived pointed at the ground and pushed.

The Earth exploded outwards in a tsunami of rocks and dirt. The ground under Mahoraga broke and opened like an abyss.

The divine General moved sending itself forward toward the Hogwart students. "Not even in your dreams!" he heard Blaise whisper. "FIENDFYRE!"

Fire, alive and malevolent came to life. It grew and grew and grew until it easily towered over any creature that Harry had ever faced. The fire took a serpentine shape. It almost looked like the Basilisk Harry had faced in his second year. It felt as if he was at the surface of the sun. The heat was unbearable.

The fire construct moved toward the white giant turning the air into fire. At their side and all around them, the grass that had survived Harry's transfiguration was being lit up by the heat.

At this rate, the heat and the little fires created by Blaise would be the things killing them. "Aguamenti!" he heard the voice of Seamus behind him incant.

Harry felt his smile widen. It seemed the other Gryffindor wasn't as keen to die as he made it seem.

In the air, Mahoraga met the flames head-on. Its blade shone green as it clashed against the flames.

As they met, a shockwave erupted. The two malevolent forces clashed in the air. With a screech of agony, the fire construct was able to make the white giant fly away.

If Harry had been lucky, this would have been that. He was still dismantling and holding with his magic the ground, trying to make sure Mahoraga wouldn't find any footing.

Unfortunately, it seemed that the luck of the boy who lived ran out. Mahoraga's body shifted to help the General control its impromptu flight.

One of Mahoraga's hands fell on a floating debris. The giant as if it was weightless used it to throw itself higher.

The giant rolled on itself, turning like a spinning top. In the sky, the clouds began to change colours as the green of the blade of the divine general became brighter and brighter.

The fire construct hadn't been left unscathed. It had cracks running all along its form as if it was a statue on the verge of breaking. Even then, the fire construct seemed to realize that the divine General could be planning nothing good and rushed at him.

In the air, Mahoraga stopped turning, a disgusting grin etched on its face. The sword of the general rose in the air shining like a second sun before it fell on the head of the fire construct.

The world stopped making sense, all its color replaced by Green and red. The Green of the blade of Mahoraga continued to become brighter and brighter until with a resounding crack, something gave. It wasn't Mahoraga's blade.

The fire construct, the Fiendfyre screeched in agony. It was a damned and wretched loud sound.

Harry's glasses fell victim to it. They exploded. One moment the boy who lived could see perfectly, the next, the vision of his right eye became black and his eye was assaulted with pain.

'It hurts. It hurts so much,' the boy who lived thought as he fell on his knees because of the pain.

"Harry! Harry! Are you okay?!" At his side, Hermione and Ron had rushed. "Let me see," he heard Hermione say before a gasp escaped her.

"It doesn't look pretty does it?" he chuckled.

"It destroyed Fiendfyre. It shouldn't be possible," he heard Blaise whisper. "Such a monster."

Harry's remaining eye widened as he watched the blade of the monster was directed at them. Without thinking, he threw all the ground and Earth he had removed and caved away before him and the other students.

With a stabbing motion, he transfigured all of it into metal. He had been right to do so. His action didn't stop the green arc of energy that flew from the divine general's blade.

What it did was slow it down, giving enough time for Neville to push Blaise who was on the path of the attack.

The energy's blade dug and cut into the ground as if it was butter. For a moment, nothing happened. The next, the fissure left by the blade opened creating a gap that only widened and widened until the students were divided.

Harry looked into the Gap and realized that Mahoraga hadn't only separated them. He had separated the Earth to its bottom. Harry could see an ocean under them that was also cut in two as if by an act of Moses.

Mahoraga looked at them with a savage grin on its face as it began falling down in the abyss Harry had created. It didn't try to rush at them, didn't try to attack them again and it scared him.

"Keep your guard up!" Harry shouted. "It's planning something!"

Slowly, the boy who lived removed what remained of his glasses. "Episkey," he whispered as he pointed his wand at his face. Already, he could feel the pain dulling. shards of glass fell from his skin as the spell pushed them out.

His vision didn't come back the way he had hoped it would. What it did was turn the void that had replaced the vision of his right eye into a blurry and almost amorphous vision. It was better than nothing.

It let himself fall underground. Underground? "The ground! Mahoraga will attack from underground!" Harry screamed trying to inform the others.

Pansy Parkinson was the first to react. She pointed her wand at the ground looking manic before screaming "Protego Maxima!"

Her reacting as quickly was the only reason why Harry, Hermione, Blaise, Dean and Neville had survived.

The shield created by the Slytherin acted as a barrier as Maharoga surged from the Earth like a monster coming straight from the abyss.

Hermione didn't stay idle as the shield began to crack "Fianto Duri," she whispered before a blue light rushed from her wand to the shield under them strengthening it.

"Flipendo! Flipendo! Flipendo!" Ron shouted before making rain on the white giant spells to throw him backwards.

Like a proud mountain, Mahoraga didn't bulge. The Divine general cocked a fist and with a grin, punched the shield made by Pansy and Hermione.

It broke with the sound of shattered glass. The force of the swing sent them flying. The giant reappeared in its terrifying glory over them, its sword ready to bisect them all in one swing.

Neville tried to act, his wand moving and lit up with a spell to save them. It's just that it was taking too much time. Mahoraga was too fast but even then, the Longbottom had to try.

"Eat this fucker!" Ron shouted before pointing his wand at Mahoraga's head "Defodio!". The spell struck the divine general in its head like an invisible force making him cock his head back a little.

It wasn't enough to stop Mahoraga, Its blade lit up with the green light of the death curse as it prepared itself to swing.

The coming words would be the ones to save them "Bombarda Maxima!" A spell with the force of a cannonball crushed against Mahoraga's stomach distracting it. The giant turned toward Daphne Greengrass, the one who had used the spell.

The Greengrass heiress looked scared with her dilated eyes, the fact that she was shaking and grabbing the hand of Tracey Davis as if it would be the last thing she would ever do. she had never looked more beautiful in Harry's eyes.

"Ascendio!" Daphne's action had given Neville enough time to cast his spell. With a sharp turn of his wand, they rose in the air out of Mahoraga's range as if they had been shot out of cannons.

The expression on the face of the divine general had changed. Its grin morphed to express something as close to annoyance as the giant was capable of displaying. The giant turned its attention toward Daphne Greengrass, Tracy Davis, Seamus and Crabbe.

Harry needed to do something or they would die when the reason why Harry hadn't died seconds ago was because of Greengrass.

Mahoraga's blade moved. The divine general had been ready to kill when some of its preys were able to escape.

It just needed to modify its strike to hit those in its range and it would be glorious. This time, Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga wouldn't be denied!

In the sky, Harry Potter took a deep breath. Whether he knew it or not, the boy who lived had endlessly pushed his limits in his desperate need of survival.

Now, he needed to do it again. The boy who lived wasn't as knowledgeable as Hermione Granger, one of his best friends but what he had was power and imagination. He had needed to after being locked so many times in the cupboard under the stairs to maintain his sanity.

There was a spell that could bring objects to you just by saying the spell and the thing. The accio spell. The thing was that Harry didn't think that the accio spell had been intended to be used on heavy things and even less on multiple humans but even he had to try.

"Accio!" he shouted as he pointed at the Hogwart students close to Mahoraga. Nothing happened.

"Accio doesn't work this way Harry!" he heard Hermione shout as if he didn't already know this!

"Accio!" he shouted again in vain. 'Please, he prayed to whoever or whatever would hear him. Please help me!'

For an instant, he felt a familiar presence, a shade of scarlet, one outclassing him completely guiding his body as if he were a puppet, whispering in his ears the words needed. "This is the only time I'll help," he heard the voice of the professor whisper in his ear.

"Accio Maxima!" he shouted in the direction of Daphne, Tracey Davis, Seamus and Crabbe. His timing couldn't have been more perfect as the Slytherins and Seamus shot toward him and the others.

Under them, Mahoraga completed its swing and the Earth died. Nothing remained on the path of the blade of the divine general. Death had covered its blade, becoming its weapon and annihilation the attack of Mahoraga would bring.

Everything under The Hogwarts students was bathed in green. They watched with shock and fear as things stopped existing under them.

With a snarl of rage due to the fact it had been denied again, Mahoraga tore its blade from his arm crushing it, shaping it between its two hands until it became a star of certain Death.

Something told Harry, maybe his instincts, maybe something else that nothing would help them to escape the green star. No matter how far away they could be, even if they were at the edge of the Universe, Mahoraga's star would seek and come after them.

More than that, Harry was exhausted like he never had been before. Harry wouldn't be able to fight for much longer.

"I think this is it," the boy who lived turned toward the other survivors and smiled as softly as he could.

They all looked melancholic like they too knew it was the case. They didn't contest his words "We tried our best. Slytherins, Gryffindors, Pure-Blood, Half-blood, Muggleborn, we aren't so different in the end. We fight, we cry, we hope."

A chuckle escaped the lips of Blaise "I guess you're not that bad, Potter. Who knows, maybe we could have been friends."

On the corner of his remaining eye, he watched Daphne nodd with a sad smile. She turned toward Tracey Davis and told her something in her ear that made the half-blood Slytherin both cry and laugh.

"Seamus, even if you're a twat, I'm glad that you were my friend," Dean Thomas said to the other Gryffindor half-blood.

"My Dad when I was younger told me tales of supernatural beings, of magic, gods and afterlife. There's this place called Mag Mell, a paradise, a place where sickness and death don't exist, a place where only those worthy, courageous could go to. I hope I'll be able to go there with all of you even I-"

The boy was cut by a hug from his friend. "Shut up. Just shut up."

Pansy Parkison was a pure-blood who had only been taught all of her life that the only worthy, deserving of respect and dignity were other pure-blood Wizards. Hermione Granger showed her that she was wrong "I know it's too late and probably doesn't excuse anything Granger but I shouldn't have treated you the way I did," she admitted to the Gryffindor girl. Her parents would have cruciated her if they had heard her words but what they would wish for didn't matter anymore, not here at least.

The Gryffindor took the hand of the Slytherin softly, Holding it for a brief moment before releasing it "Even though, it hadn't been for long, I'm glad to have been able to see this side of you, Pansy Parkinson."

"Any regret Neville?" Harry asked the boy.

"None!" he answered without any hesitation

"I'm sure your parents would be proud of you Neville." Harry was proud of him. Harry knew that the boy must have been scared the totality of the fight yet he still had fought. He was scared yet still tried to not let himself be defined by it. Could it be called anything else than courage?

Harry turned his attention toward Mahoroga. Soon, it would be over. Soon, they would lose. He knew it and it left a bad taste in his mouth.

This was death coming at them and nothing could stop death. Death took and took until nothing was left. Was it true though?

His parents had died yet the love they had for him was one he could still feel to this day. Death couldn't erase love. Death couldn't erase hope.

His eyes widened in realization. Hope! Hoping meant believing in a better no matter how unlikely it was. Hope was one of the only things Death couldn't erase and he had a spell made to counterattack against despair with joy, love and hope.

What was Death if not one of the greatest fear, source of despair of humankind? What was the Patronus is not the light banishing the darkness?

It was crazy yet Harry lost nothing in trying. With a snarl, Maharoga threw the green star of Death at them.

In the air, it expanded growing and growing and growing until it seemed it wouldn't stop until it consumed everything.

Harry thought of the faint memories he had of his parents. He thought about Hogwarts and its wonders, Hogwarts that allowed him to make a family of his own, to meet Hermione, Ron. He thought of the Weasley and the way they made him what it was to be a part of a loving family. He thought about how even when everything seemed lost, people proved again and again that they would choose kindness over cruelty.

"Expecto Patronum," he whispered as the tip of his wand lit up. White mist took form and shape and to Harry's amazement, instead of a deer, a Phoenix materialized.

"What are you doing Harry?" he heard the voice of Hermione.

"Not giving up!" With a slashing motion with his wand, the Phoenix screeched and dove toward the Green star of Mahoraga.

The Phoenix met with the green star with a loud boom. Tempesteous winds rose. The world took a green and white shade, all the other colours erased as the two spells clashed between the Heavens and the Earth.

The Phoenix was fighting, clawing, trying to pierce through the green star. The star in return tried to consume and swallow it.

Only the thread of magic connecting the boy who lived to his Patronus and allowing him to strengthen the spell stopped this from becoming a reality.

A headache assaulted Harry senses, worse than he ever felt before. He gritted his teeth trying to ignore the pain. The boy who lived felt blood stream from his nose.

He was feeding his Patronus with everything he had left. The wand in his hand was warm, almost scalding but he didn't lose his grip on it. The wand felt alive almost breathing "Take all my magic if you must," the boy who lived whispered. "Take everything from me but allow me to create a miracle!"

As if listening to his words, the thread connecting his wand to the Patronus thickened, growing and growing until it looked like a giant stream.

Mahoraga watched with the Earth crumbling all around the divine general as what should have ended the Hogwarts students unequivocally was being pushed back.

Mahoraga needed one last push, one last act to win! The wheel over the head of the divine general spun a second time and Mahoraga grew.

It grew and grew and grew until Mahoraga could easily tower over a building as tall as the Tour d'Eiffel.

The hands of the General ended on the bottom of the star before with a roar, Mahoraga pushedupward.

Harry Potter bit a curse as his Phoenix slowly but surely was pushed back by the star. As the Green Star came closer, the boy who lived began to change. Green veins grew from all over his skin like the roots of a gnarled tree.

His skin became paler, almost translucent as if the boy who lived wasn't a part of the world of the living anymore. Death's scythe had touched Harry Potter yet he still fought, struggling against what was inevitability.

The green star was now only a meter away from him. His Patronus had been consumed by the omen of death just under him.

What separated him from the green star was just the coloured tip of his wand still shining with the familiar light of the Patronus.

Harry had given his best. This is what mattered right? 'Mom, Dad,' he thought as he closed his eyes. 'I'll see you soon."

This is why he was surprised when instead, the metaphorical weight he could on his shoulders, the push of the star lessened with a around akin to a note of a bass with twisted strings.

Again and again, the same noise appeared each time making it not easy but easier to breathe.

He opened his eyes back. They widened in realization. All the other survivors had their wands pointed toward his Patronus.

Threads of different colours linked them to it, changing, strengthening the Patronus. He chuckled. Their appareandes had also changed with protruding green veins appearing all over their skin and their skins taking a deathly palor. Of course! He had forgotten he wasn't alone.

The remaining eye of the boy who lived turned as cold and hard as an emerald. It was time to end this.

Dumbledore had once told him that Love was the greatest magic there was. Voldemort had told him that only power mattered.

The both of them had been both right and wrong. He could see it now. Power mattered like the dark lord had said but he hadn't understood that the feelings he had thought as lesser than him could be the ones strengthening him.

All around them, the realm that had been created was crumbling due to the elemental forces battling in its middle.

The little sister of the Morningstar watching all of this unfold remembered a time when a red-headed girl once fought for her freedom against an immortal and won.

With a last push of his will, the head of the Phoenix reformed with a triumphant screech. With one last stabbing motion of his wand, the Phoenix dove into the Green Star and everything turned black.

The last thing Harry Potter heard before dying was the voice of his professor "Congratulations Kiddos. Full Mark."

Like I had said, Rias' first lesson would be mindblowing especially more to some than other, ask Draco Malfoy. Don't hesitate to comment, give your thoughts about things you like and didn't like. It helps make the story better. I also got a Patreon (p.a.t.r.e.o.n.c.o.m / Eileen715) with one chapter in advance of this story of at least 5 K words and 4 chapters in advance of infernal comedy. Don't hesitate to visit if you want to read more quickly or if you want to simply support me.

Back