Or we could be the anthropomorphic personification of giant robots. You know what's the biggest giant robot ever?

This.

This is the biggest giant robot ever.
History could still retcon that out of existence. Individuality could dissolve said Robot into all the elemental particles that make it up. Don't get me wrong, that's all kinds of awesome, but from what I know of Nobillis, using your domain in hax ways rather than to just punch people is typically more important.

History could still retcon that out of existence. Individuality could dissolve said Robot into all the elemental particles that make it up. Don't get me wrong, that's all kinds of awesome, but from what I know of Nobillis, using your domain in hax ways rather than to just punch people is typically more important.
Well, yes, but that giant robot is made out of pure determination. It can literally will itself into fitting into a teapot, or generating a SEP field, or continuing to exist despite everything that would make it impossible to exist, such as having no history or chemical bonds.

And you also get smaller giant robots, too. And Transformers. We also get those guys. And all of those robot gods? Ours. Same with Autochthon.

Giant robots...

Well, yes, but that giant robot is made out of pure determination. It can literally will itself into fitting into a teapot, or generating a SEP field, or continuing to exist despite everything that would make it impossible to exist, such as having no history or chemical bonds.

And you also get smaller giant robots, too. And Transformers. We also get those guys. And all of those robot gods? Ours. Same with Autochthon.

Giant robots...
Some good points, I'm not saying Giant Robots is a bad purview, mere that it can be matched with haxx from seemingly more mundane purviews

Some good points, I'm not saying Giant Robots is a bad purview, mere that it can be matched with haxx from seemingly more mundane purviews
Yeah, I agree with you about that. I'm just going for giant robots because we could make a very good claim for being one of the most awesome beings in the universe, up there with the Lord of Blankets.

[x] Plan Nike
[] Laura
[] "-Madame?"
[] Estate: Inevitable Victory
[] An alien, incomprehensible divinity: a "True God" of Earth
[] Choose your Attributes in order of importance
-Domain (material control over your Estate)
-Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)
-Treasure (an assortment of helpful mortal, magical or miraculous devices or creatures)
-Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
[] A world of Science and Magic (To Aru Majutsu no Index)

Basically, Platinum Angel. We don't auto win, but we can't lose.

[X] Regent of Individuality

I know nothing about this setting but the ability to control people and things individuality sounds like it would be interesting.

How serious do you plan on making this? When we've run Nobilis it's basically been Time Wizards so I can't say I have much experience with a serious Nobilis.

[X] Plan Fourth Wall

[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] The Fourth Wall
[X] A chaotic Magister of the Wild, more alien yet, from outside the universe entirely

[X] 2-Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
[X] 3-Domain (material control over your Estate)
[X] 1-Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)
[X] 4-Treasure (an assortment of helpful mortal, magical or miraculous devices or creatures)
[X] A world of Light and Shadows (RWBY)

I know nothing about Nobilis but the idea of pointing out how the attack can't hurt you because it's just words on in a SV Quest is too awesome to not suggest.

Or we could be the anthropomorphic personification of giant robots. You know what's the biggest giant robot ever?

This.

This is the biggest giant robot ever.
Nah. The visual novel Demonbane had bigger ones.

Hmm...Half of me wants to write in for Madoka Magica, but we have tons of those already. So, I'll just do this, even though no-one's going to vote for it:

[X]Plan I'm Doing This For The Heck Of It
[X]"Madame"
[X]Kues
[X] Breaking fate.
[X] A chaotic Magister of the Wild, more alien yet, from outside the universe entirely
[X]Persona 1 (most important), Domain 2, Aspect 3, Treasure 4
[X]A world of monsters in computers (Digimon)

We must obtain Flowers.

Flowers are OP in a game about being OP as matter of course. :V Like seriously, the one thing that Nobilis tells its game masters to do is ban players from using Flowers because everything in Nobilis is described via flower metaphors so they would get ALL THE POWERS OF EVERYTHING FOREVER.

Last edited:
I do like the God of History plan.

We can later go to Touhou and have fun with a certain Touhou. Pre-made comedy.

Anyway here's my joke plan.

[jk] Male
[jk] SufficientVelocity
[jk] Choose your Estate (Sufficient Velocity)
[jk] An alien, incomprehensible divinity: a "True God" of Earth
[jk] Choose your Attributes in order of importance (use 1, 2, 3 and 4 as appropriate):
-Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
-Domain (material control over your Estate)
-Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)
-Treasure (an assortment of helpful mortal, magical or miraculous devices or creatures)
[jk] A world that is... (Starcraft)

Here's my real plan now.
[X] Plan King of Games

[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Yugi
[X] Games
[X] A glorious Angel from the shining host of Heaven
[X] Choose your Attributes in order of importance (use 1, 2, 3 and 4 as appropriate):
2-Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
3-Domain (material control over your Estate)
1-Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)
4-Treasure (an assortment of helpful mortal, magical or miraculous devices or creatures)
[X] A world of Girls and Ships (Kancolle)

How fitting, that we of games, would go to the world that is a game.

Besides think of how much fun we can pull off by forcing everyone into crazy games for our amusement.

"TURN BASED TIME! Everyone moves according to their initiative roll! " *Rolls* "Ah a 20, with +5 bonus~ how lucky."

Edit: And considering how much we can stretch this... I wonder if we could perhaps hire a certain MSF?

After all, we certainly have weapons that surpass Metal Gear.

And we might need someone good at SNEAKING MISSIONS.

If this covers all video games... well... doesn't that mean we can summon the video game Kancolles to visit the Kancolles? Video Game Inception!?

Last edited:
How serious do you plan on making this? When we've run Nobilis it's basically been Time Wizards so I can't say I have much experience with a serious Nobilis.
As serious as I can be. Of course the first priority is making so people like playing this quest.
We must obtain Flowers.

Flowers are OP in a game about being OP as matter of course. :V Like seriously, the one thing that Nobilis tells its game masters to do is ban players from using Flowers because everything in Nobilis is described via flower metaphors so they would get ALL THE POWERS OF EVERYTHING FOREVER.
Yep. Likewise I wouldn't have allowed Flowers as an Estate, but as a compensation the MC carry a lot of flowers with them.

[X] Plan God of History
No. of Votes: 5
cskey0
Kingofbooks
lockdownspartan
nairit
Tel Janin Aman
No. of Votes: 3
Neo-Chan
Ixe
meianmaru
[X] Plan Know What Everyone Wants
-[X] "-Madame?"
-[X] Name: Philia Heart
-[X] Estate: Attraction
-[X] A chaotic Magister of the Wild, more alien yet, from outside the universe entirely
-[X] 1 - Persona
-[X] 2 - Domain
-[X] 3 - Treasure
-[X] 4 - Aspect
-[X] A world of Angels and Devils (Highschool DxD)
No. of Votes: 2
veekie
Salbazier
[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Teatime
[X] A miles-long Aaron's Serpent, born from the substance of the World Ash
[X] 1-Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
[X] 2-Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)
[X] 4-Treasure (an assortment of helpful mortal, magical or miraculous devices or creatures)
[X] A world of Science and Magic (To Aru Majutsu no Index)

No. of Votes: 1
Dark Lord Bob
[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Anthony Yuryevich
[X] Love
[X] A terrible Devil (Fallen Angel) who worship at the altar that is Hell
[X] The Blue Plan
[X] A world under the Light of the Moon (Type-Moon universe)
runeblue360
[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Teatime
[x] A terrible Devil (Fallen Angel) who worship at the altar that is Hell

ebolasos
[x] Plan Goddes of Pleasures
permeakra
[X] Plan Know What Everyone Wants
tricholysis
[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Richard Dresden
[X] Individuality
[X] A terrible Devil (Fallen Angel) who worship at the altar that is Hell

Karugus
[X] Plan Gundam
[X] "-Madame?"
[X] Jane Smith
[X] Gundams
[X] An alien, incomprehensible divinity: a "True God" of Earth
[X] Choose your Attributes in order of importance (use 1, 2, 3 and 4 as appropriate):
[X] A world of Angels and Devils (Highschool DxD)
chocolote12
[X] Plan Gundam
tyaty1
[x] Plan Nike
wootius
[X] Plan Fourth Wall
[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] The Fourth Wall

[X] 2-Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
[X] 1-Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)

masterofmadness
[X]Plan I'm Doing This For The Heck Of It
[X]"Madame"
[X]Kues
[X] Breaking fate.
[X]Persona 1 (most important), Domain 2, Aspect 3, Treasure 4
[X]A world of monsters in computers (Digimon)
universalperson
[X] Plan King of Games
[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Yugi
[X] Games
[X] A glorious Angel from the shining host of Heaven
[X] A world of Girls and Ships (Kancolle)

LightMage
Plan "God of History is currently in the lead. Voting will end in 1 hour from now.

[X] "-Monsieur?"
[X] Joaquin Strasijo

[X] Junk (That which, broken, has been tossed away)
[X] A miles-long Aaron's Serpent, born from the substance of the World Ash

[2] Aspect (mastery of human abilities)
[1] Domain (material control over your Estate)
[3] Persona (control over the Estate's semantics and things it is related to)
[4] Treasure (an assortment of helpful mortal, magical or miraculous devices or creatures)

Finally, choose the new world you will visit:

Character Creation - Part 2

You are Michael Young, Power of History.

Your Affiliation is with Heaven.
You've given your heart to the cause of the angels — to beauty and justice! The angels believe there is no higher calling than to transform the world into a Heaven — to work endlessly at the task of making justice, making goodness, giving beauty to the things that are. The angels themselves say the world is a fallen place. They say people are filthy, dirty things crawling on a corrupt rock. They've sealed the gates of Heaven against the world, even as they labor to make the world outside those gates shine brighter.

Domain: 5 (6 MP)
Aspect: 4 (6 MP)
Persona: 3 (5 MP)
Treasure: 2 (5 MP)

You are going to visit a world of Science and Magic (To Aru Majutsu no Index).

====
However, this is not enough to fully describe you:

Bonds and Afflictions are written as English-language sentences. Each describes something fundamental about your character. Each can also be interpreted or understood as a rule:

-Something you must (or ought to) do;
-Something you can't (or shouldn't) do; or
-Something that drives you into action.

Bonds are things that you must work at. You spend energy on them. When you turn your back on your Bonds you are damaged and lost; when you are in harmony with them, you are almost unstoppable; but to reach that place of harmony, you need to put in an awful lot of work. Having Bonds is like being a perfect swordsman or a soldier who refuses to kill — it may be your nature and purpose to be that way, but that doesn't mean you can take the burden lightly!
Afflictions, conversely, just happen. They're out of your hands. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they are bad, but they're that portion of your destiny and purpose and nature that binds you whether you're in tune with yourself or not.
Any Bond can be an Affliction, or vice versa; it's purely a question of how you want to think of the Trait. Bonds is something the player can consciously tap, Afflictions are for the GM, to know how the character works.

Benefits: you get bonus to actions when following a Bond/Affliction; you get MP (Miracle Points) when a Bond/Affliction creates troubles for you.

Examples of Bonds:
Bond: I can't be caught!
Bond: I can't lose!
Bond: I must be the prettiest person in the room!
Bond: I can't enter a house uninvited!
Bond: I can't see!
Bond: I'm in love with an Excrucian!
Bond: I care about my brother!
Bond: Nobody drives my car but me!
Bond: I love my magic broom!
Bond: Flowers are awesome enough when they don't explode — but when half of them are antimatter? O.M.G.

Examples of Afflictions:
Affliction: I must be rescued whenever I'm in trouble!
Affliction: I can't be hurt by any force!
Affliction: I must win the heart of everyone I meet!
Affliction: I must appear when someone chants my name three times!
Affliction: My shape changes to reflect my deeds!
Affliction: An Excrucian's in love with me!

[] You can choose a maximum of 7 Bonds and/or Afflictions.

Properties are written, like Bonds and Afflictions, as ordinary-language sentences. Each describes something fundamental about your Estate. Each can also be interpreted as a rule:

-Something your Estate must do (or always does);
-Something your Estate can't do (or never does); or
-Something your Estate is driven to do (or seems to work towards).

It's important to make these Properties simple and evocative, even if that makes the rule harder to see — you are creating meaning for your Estate, which is more important than obvious applicability.

For instance, you're the Power of Cold. But what is Cold? Is it cold when someone shivers? When water freezes? When the world goes into hibernation? Is death cold? Is money cold? Is murder? Does wind chill count as to whether something is cold? If you put snow in an oven at 400 degrees, will there still be Cold in that oven until the snow melts? What if the oven is floating in the frigid void of space? We don't know who the Power of Cold is! We don't even know if there is one! So it's up to you to find a good set of Properties for Cold that will tell you what it means. You could go with:

-Cold slows things down;
-Cold chills the heart;
-Cold brings silence, stillness, and peace; and
-Cold is driven to fill emptiness.

Or you could go with:

-Cold freezes things;
-Cold makes things sick;
-Cold is melancholy;
-Cold descends; and
-Cold is the snow and the ice and the dark.

Or anything (appropriately) else! Here are some sample Properties for a few other Estates:

-Buckets contain things;
-Hope springs eternal;
-Strength comes from within;
-Treachery requires an innocent victim;
-Violence never solves anything;
-War continues politics by other means.

Most of these Properties are pretty easy to extract a rule from. Hope always springs eternal. Strength can't come from outside you. War is driven to follow Politics' lead. Buckets must have a space suitable for containing things, and — since merely having a space isn't a very strong rule — they are probably also driven to contain things in any situation where they are actively in play.

Benefits: Powers may use the Persona Attribute to apply an Estate Property temporarily to themselves. For instance, the Power of Cold could use a Persona miracle to say:

-I slow things down; or
-I chill the heart; or
-I bring silence, stillness, and peace; or
-I am driven to fill emptiness.

Persona also has various ways to inflict your Estate's formal and informal Properties on, or remove them from, other things or people.

[] You can choose a maximum of 7 Properties of your Estate.
Sometimes Powers can do things that don't make sense as part of their Estate. Why can the Power of Storms breathe fire? Why can the Power of Poseurs catch a sword in his bare hands? Why can the Power of Rhythm fly? We totally know the answer to these things. The Power of Storms is a dragon; that's why he can breathe fire. The Power of Poseurs has monofilament mesh under his skin. The Power of Rhythm can fly because she has wings. All these things are true, but they have nothing to do with Storms, or Poseurs, or Rhythm.
To have abilities like this, you can buy Gifts.
Gifts are basically miracles that the character can do, or that the world performs for them, but which don't come directly from their Estate.

[] You can choose up to a maximum of 5 Gifts:
Durant (aka Nigh-Invulnerable)
You're extra-resistant to just about any physical attack. Daggers
scrape and squeal on your skin. Being on fire is really uncomfortable.
Chainsaws make you a little nervous because if they break on your skin
little bits of metal could go flying everywhere. You heal very quickly.

Elusive
You're really hard to land a miraculous effect on — you shed mental
and transformative influence with ease. The inhuman beauty of Angels,
Excrucians, and the Glorious won't faze you. Attempts to curse you with
hiccups or turn you into a dream don't take! Basically you have a very
strong ability to be yourself despite attempts to enchant or enthrall you.

Eternal
You can ignore any physical and environmental condition short of gross
physical injury — and even then, you don't really get hurt, since you can
ignore the shock and pain and such, your performance just degrades.
If you can survive the first few seconds, you might even manage to
stabilize your condition after a beheading or dismemberment. You're
basically a self-sustaining system, living off of miraculous energy rather
than food, water, air, or anything like that. You do not age.

Flight
You can fly! Wings, jetpacks, telekinesis are all possible: just choose your medium.
This is a pretty high customizable Gift.

Glorious
You can inspire an incredible passion in other people. You turn on
an aura or change your appearance and bam — suddenly you are so
beautiful no one would ever hurt you, so terrifying you could rout an
army, or so subtly amazing that even the Excrucians and the Angels
will give you the honor you think your due.

Immutable (aka Practically Eternal)
This is the weaker form of the Eternal Gift. You cope with environmental
and physical conditions really well, and you age really slowly, and
you don't need much food or water or sleep, but you can't endure forever.

Shapeshifter
If your Avatar is based on werewolves or vampires or a dragon or something,
you may want to have one or two alternate shapes. By default you can do incomplete shapeshifting with this Gift,
adding some quality of (e.g.) the Wolf to yourself instead of changing forms completely.
If you focus this Gift on your own Estate, it's called the "Elemental"
Gift. For example, the Power of Magnetism could use Lesser Enchantment
of Magnetism to transform themselves into a field of magnetic force.

The Sovereign's Gift
A large number of Powers have low Domain but the ability to
animate and control the motion of their Estate.

Active Immortality (aka Immortal)
You can survive anything. You don't need air. You probably don't even care
whether you have air. You don't need food or water. You can handle being
thrown in a giant blender. Maybe the blades break on your legs, maybe
you reflexively turn into protoplasm and reform, maybe you emerge on
the other side with a torn sleeve and a dramatic nick on your cheek. It's
just being thrown in a giant blender, so, you know, whatever. There's no
point stabbing you. There's no point nuking you. If someone throws you
out of an airplane without a parachute you are going to be upset about
possibly missing your connecting flight. You can't be banished or made to
disappear, and so you can't be permanently imprisoned either. Whatever
the world throws at you, you defend yourself from it and just keep going.

Amphibious
You're equally competent in water and on land — or maybe on
land and in some other kind of environment of your choice!

Bardic Music
You can play heart-wrenchingly beautiful music — the kind of thing
that can enthrall an Excrucian or get the wind to dance. That's not to
say that it will, but it's definitely good enough to do so.

Fire-Breathing
You create a burst of flame. Maybe it clings around your body like
phoenix fire. Maybe it's just a gout of flame like a dragon's. Maybe
it's more like a pyradon's fire, and you can breathe it around a corner,
make giant shields of flame, or do precision wood burning with it.
The choice is yours!

Gatemaker
If you're near the entrance to a Chancel or other secret place, you
can make a large gate that leads inside. A small army can pass
through this portal, and it opens on a reasonably central place
within. Gates made with this Gift typically last either one scene
or one night and one day.

Helpful Estate
With this Gift, your Estate automatically and reflexively performs some
kind of miracle whenever it has the notion that doing so will help you
out. Your Estate isn't super-smart in this and can face decision paralysis
if there are a billion possible things that could be helpful — for instance,
if you're the Power of Motion, you'll have to make it fairly clear what
kind of motion would be nice. Also remember that it wants to be helpful,
not to "obey commands" — although you could purchase this Gift as
some sort of command-based thing instead, if you would like!

Invisibility
You can turn visible or invisible at will. Having a bad hair day? People
criticizing your work in public? Bam! Invisible! But wait! There's
someone who would love you forever if only they could see your face?
Bam! You can be visible again.

Keen Sight
You have shockingly keen eyes — when you're paying attention, you
can make out a bee's eyelash from miles away, by starlight.

Luck
You can spend a single Persona MP to invoke good fortune for yourself.
You may choose the general nature of this good fortune, but you cannot
define the details — at that point, it's not luck but dictation!

Magical Symbol
A magical symbol worked into the palm of your hand blesses those
who see it with improved health, luck, and joie de vivre. Didrika 7 and
Gordon Ostler have this exact Gift; dozens of other Powers have some
variation on this basic idea.

Mysterious
You're really hard to figure out — there's a veil of mystery over you and
everything you do. Anyone trying to investigate you finds ambiguous
evidence at best and mocking notes at worst. Records and even
memories alter themselves to keep you safe.

Natural Weapon
You have a poisonous bite or you can spit acid or you have a nasty horn.

Perfect Timing
Take this Gift and transcend causality! Forget about Aspect 3 and its
dramatic perfection: with true Perfect Timing, you can arrive on time
even when it's literally impossible for you to do so. You can't intersect
your own timeline and interfere with events and outcomes that you
know already happened, but you can break the calendars of the world
and get from Wednesday to the previous Monday if you needs must.

Petrify
You can turn some set of things to stone, most likely by looking at
them.

Purify
You can purify something, casting out all poisons, diseases and demonic influences.

Unblemished Guise
You can shroud your miraculous nature, appearing to be human.

Wayfinder
You can tell when you're near a Chancel, and when you're getting closer
to or farther from its entrances, and — with a bit of Strike — how the
Chancel is laid out inside. You get a feel for what kind of place it is, a
sense of, e.g., "disturbing" or "beautiful" or "strange," as soon as you're
close enough to sense it.

Worldwalker
This Gift is usually taken only in conjunction with Wayfinder. When
you're near a Chancel, you don't need a path to get in — you can just
step through the twisted space and into the Chancel's world.

====​

The choices above are not meant to make your character as perfect as possible: they're meant to make him unique. Don't be afraid to give him some handicaps, it will make the game's experience even better.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Parabola
Bondflictions:
Bond: Humanity deserves better.
Bond: Blackmail is ugly, threats uncouth - but vengeance, ah, vengeance is divine.
Bond: I always return favors, if possible in an extravagant fashion.
Bond: I serve the Song of Heaven.
Affliction: I must be spoken to in a polite fashion.
Affliction: Innocents are never hurt in my general vicinity.
Affliction: I am very bishonen. It is a curse I must bear.

Estate Properties: History...
...repeats itself.
...shapes the perception of the present.
...predicts the future.
...teaches those who remember it.
...haunts those who ignore it.

Gifts:
Purify
Luck
Flight - A dramatic white cape that occasionally resembles wings.
Durant
Elusive

I presume we can't determine the rating of the Bonds/Afflictions?

Also, I dunno what's your criteria for Gifts. You said choose five gifts, but stuff like Durant, Elusive and Immutable cost only 1 CP each, and are together a lesser version of Active Immortality, which costs 6 CP normally.

A bit generic in some respects, maybe, but I think it works for now. And man, being an elder Sovereign is just being mean to most universes. Even starting PC Nobilis can warp the world to their liking with ease. Having Domain 5 right off the bat means we can actively spy on people through history and rewrite it to our liking without much effort. Aspect 4 means we'll be able to do greek demigod acts on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I presume we can't determine the rating of the Bonds/Afflictions?
I decided to keep things as simpler as possible, so Bonds/Afflictions will play into Actions narratively, without a mechanical component.

Also, I dunno what's your criteria for Gifts. You said choose five gifts, but stuff like Durant, Elusive and Immutable cost only 1 CP each, and are together a lesser version of Active Immortality, which costs 6 CP normally.
No particular criteria: like I said, I just want you players to make something unique.
A bit generic in some respects, maybe, but I think it works for now. And man, being an elder Sovereign is just being mean to most universes. Even starting PC Nobilis can warp the world to their liking with ease. Having Domain 5 right off the bat means we can actively spy on people through history and rewrite it to our liking without much effort. Aspect 4 means we'll be able to do greek demigod acts on a regular basis.
Yes, but normal humans will not be your opponents.

I decided to keep things as simpler as possible, so Bonds/Afflictions will play into Actions narratively, without a mechanical component.
No particular criteria: like I said, I just want you players to make something unique.
That seems reasonable enough. It can be a pain to keep track of this stuff mechanically.

Yes, but normal humans will not be your opponents.
True! The Index world is full of lunatics and lots of people with weird abilities. I haven't kept up with it, but I'm at least aware enough to know that several people have powerful Afflictions or general miracles. Touma's hand is something pretty weird; if you're aware of Chuubo's, I'd say he has a weird Become Somebody arc.

Back