A smart girl like Asuka ought to be able to work out the trick for fastening a rear-fastening bra in front. (Especially since she's not stacked.)

She should. I was thinking about how much pain she's in and how certain movements would hurt in ways they shouldn't, because she wasn't the one catching Sahaquiel.

CodeRed!Asuka is on the smaller end of the various ways she's drawn in canon, so the "put it on backwards and rotate" should be quite doable for her. So it's either "author screwup" or "Asuka not thinking clearly" because putting on backwards would almost certainly be less painful than getting a sports bra over her head, if she had one with her.

Should I edit? Not sure in which direction.

Give her a d'oh! moment later on?

The only things I have left in the drafts folder (other than for "22" and "23" which are going to be quite a while still) is a piece with Shinji musing on gender (which it might fit in) which is up to half a dozen different versions now, and a prelude to "Robot" (which mostly illustrates how much my writing style has changed since then).

So unless I get inspired for another chapter from Asuka's PoV there's nowhere later to put it that makes sense chronologically.

It might fit in Shinji's musings, which has been tentatively reset to be after "Life Choices", though not as a "doh" from Asuka.

So unless I get inspired for another chapter from Asuka's PoV there's nowhere later to put it that makes sense chronologically.

I can see a world where Asuka gets home and, after throwing Shinji's bag somewhere, forgets to retrieve her bra/ is tired and sore and figures she'll get it later and forgets it then. Only for Shinji to come across it when he finally gets home and be very confused but just washes and puts it away. Which could prompt a "why didn't I get it myself earlier? Why didn't I just put it on backwards and flip it around?" Feels kind of convoluted, though.

Back