Netflix: Carmen Sandiego Cartoon

Especially with the show's set up of thieves stealing from thieves being unusually grey on black morally in the first place for the ~10 year old target demographic. (If it were intended for primarily 13+ then there would have been some romance somewhere, as that's a big part of appealing to that demo)

Carmen/Jules FTW.:V

Unrelated: hiding gold in chocolate is not a brilliant plan because gold weighs 15 times more, making it obvious when someone picks it up/weighs it.

I've quite enjoyed the show, though I wish that they had more episodes to flesh out certain plotlines
I second what @Jcogginsa said. I enjoyed this latest season, it had some good stories and had me chuckling a few times as well, but overall, I couldn't shake off the feeling that this season's plotlines was rather rushed. It felt to me like the writers had some good ideas for some seasonal arc plans, particualrly the last two pairs of episodes, but they were told this was the last season, and had to wrap things up quite quickly because of that. So they stuck all the ideas they had in mind in this last season, and as such I felt that they didn't quite stick the landing.
I wonder, if COVID hadn't happened, how things would have played out. This season felt like two distinct parts: Crackle going back to VILE and then everything leading up to Dark Carmen. And honestly, the Crackle arc could easily have played out over the second half of Season 3 with a 10 episode run like the first two had. Which then would have given Season 4 more room to do things, probably letting the VILE History stuff breathe a bit more, and perhaps expanding on Dark Carmen (rather than using the time skips we saw).

All that said I honestly feel like they did the best they could and certainly put together a more solid "abbreviated finale season" than a lot of other shows I've seen that found themselves in similar predicaments. So I give them major kudos for that.

Back