Needs Ideas of American Civilizations in the Fantasy Genre

For one of my side projects, I encountered the challenges of writing America in the Fantasy Kitchen Sink genre. As it turned out, based on the results of the research, my knowledge of the history and culture of the American continent is actually not the best to create several regions for non!America in the High Fantasy genre, so I decided to ask you for help. I'd like to get ideas for how a continent like America could be populated in a Pathfinder-like universe.

What ideas do I already have:

Mississippian culture - This culture is often forgotten, but I thought of presenting it in the format of a large feudal state that suffers from decentralization, and which is further destroyed as colonists from non!Europe penetrate.
Mesoamerica is a large state formation, similar to the Aztec empire, which includes many different peoples, but at this particular moment is faced with the threat of dark forces.
Caribbean - I thought the classic mix of colonial corporations with plantations and pirates was interesting enough without it.
The Amazon is a living jungle dating back to the times of Avatar, in harmony with which the locals live, as well as colonists who, on the contrary, oppose this jungle.

However, at the same time, I do not understand at all how it would be possible to depict other cultural groups of the American continent, or something similar to them, in a fun way. What about the Incas? Navajo people? How might one depict the American prairie?

I would welcome any ideas on this matter.

Look into the Iroquois. Prior to the arrival of the Europeans, they were pretty much the de facto superpower in what is now the North Eastern US and parts of Canada.

Look into the Iroquois. Prior to the arrival of the Europeans, they were pretty much the de facto superpower in what is now the North Eastern US and parts of Canada.
This is a good image, in fact, but how exactly to make them an actor? Hmm... Perhaps a regional association of indigenous people in conflict with the colonists?

About other things that gave me certain ideas. North America was home to a significant portion of the Pleioscene megafauna, such as mammoths, musk oxen, bison and other creatures. Maybe it would be logical to locate in place of an analogue of the Canadian Prairies a region where these creatures are still preserved, and exist together with human tribes, for whom they serve as livestock?

On the other hand, for American Prairie I'm thinking more of an eclectic image in the spirit of cowboys versus native Americans with laser rifles versus alien robots, as a result of a fallen spaceship.

Back