[X] You remember finding a friendly stray dog. You named her Emi, and while you only saw her for one day, the two of you played until the sun set. You felt joy from your connection.

[X] You remember climbing to the top of the Hokage Rock and planting a small flag. It took hours and you were exhausted, but you felt strong from your accomplishment.

[X] You remember reading your first book. No one bothers you at the library, so after coming every single day, you eventually taught yourself to read. You felt inspiration from your knowledge.

[X] You remember finding a friendly stray dog. You named her Emi, and while you only saw her for one day, the two of you played until the sun set. You felt joy from your connection.

[X] You remember reading your first book. No one bothers you at the library, so after coming every single day, you eventually taught yourself to read. You felt inspiration from your knowledge.

Prologue: 3

The question seems odd to you, but after your initial confusion you quickly come to trust that Aimi really does want to hear this - she asked you about it specifically. You conclude that old people are probably just weird. You scrunch your face and lower your eyes to your lap as you concentrate on giving a good answer. Aimi doesn't say anything, waiting without a word. Your left hand fidgets on your thigh as your right hand is softly held by the woman's own hand.

Your head suddenly jerks up when you remember something totally cool, your face brimming with excitement.

"I read a book recently!" you exclaim with a burst, Aimi nodding in response. She opens her mouth, but you eagerly continue as your excitement and volume rockets higher. "It was so cool, you have to read it. It had pictures of dragons and oni and everything, it's not like our world at all. I could only look at the pictures at first, but I wanted to know the story! I wanted to know what happened at the end! So I taught myself what the letters and words meant!" you proudly and loudly boast. Aimi nods along with interest during your story - she wouldn't be able to even open her mouth before you practically shout once more, your excitement's final form now fully unleashed upon the captured elderly woman.

"The library is so great! I've been going there forever. Miss Aimi, they've got scrolls and books and even art, and did you know the people there are so quiet!? Like, did you know that no one bothers you at the library? It sounds crazy, but it's true! I've been going there forever now, and it's amazing, the adults barely look at me when I go, and the kids my age are forced to leave by the old man librarian if they try starting a fight!"

As you retell your awesome story from the chair, your dangling legs swing vigorously through the air. You feel confident you're answering Aimi's weird question well, because she can't stop staring at you.

"You can just sit at the library and look at pictures in quiet - or take a nap outside your home, or draw, or do anything but make noise, really! And if you're smart like me, you can even read books there!"

You stop talking as fast as you started, suddenly noticing your desperate need to breathe. The biological necessity for air forces a pause, and as your excitement begins to drop during the quietness, you notice her eyes look narrower than before, almost hardened for some reason. You're not talking anymore, but she isn't saying anything despite having looked so engrossed and interested in your awesome tale. She's just sitting there, lightly squeezing your hand, the slight pressure reminding you of your sore bruise there.

A seed of worry sprouts and grows rapidly as you notice her lips are pressed tightly together. Is she not having fun? You can change that.

To not ruin the surprise, you pull your hand away without a word, prompting a surprised look from Aimi. You hop off the chair and proceed to your toy box; lifting the top and grabbing your absolute favorite, you pull out -

[] A roaring plastic dragon. You love imagining the destruction and change such a god would bring!
[] An honorable plastic samurai. You love imagining the sacrifice and loyalty such a man would live every day!
[] A dignified plastic doll. You love imagining the burden and luxury such a woman would live every day!
[] A bright plastic monkey. You love imagining the risk and carefreeness such an animal embodies!

[X] A roaring plastic dragon. You love imagining the destruction and change such a god would bring!

[X] A bright plastic monkey. You love imagining the risk and carefreeness such an animal embodies!

A gift from Hiruzen.

[X] A bright plastic monkey. You love imagining the risk and carefreeness such an animal embodies!

[X] A roaring plastic dragon. You love imagining the destruction and change such a god would bring!

[X] A bright plastic monkey. You love imagining the risk and carefreeness such an animal embodies

I mean, we are Naruto, being carefree it's just how we are!

Back