My Wish, For You to Live (Final Fantasy XIV Reprise AU)

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

In the final moments of the Vault, Hauchefant was supposed to die. He did not. One decision made by a hero, and all the ripples from which that decision unleashes.

After all, a smile does befit a hero, doesn't it?
FFXIV Heavensward AU from the Vault.
0. Mankind's Greatest Hero, Mankind's Final Hope

BlackHadou

Bunny-Sensei
"My friend! We were not too late!" The Warrior of Light was covered in blood. A mess that I sincerely hoped precious little was theirs. The battle was near won, as far as I could tell. Thordan and his knights twelve were retreating. My eyes scanned the great bridge to the Archbishop's chambers.

No. Something was dreadfully wrong here. There were only eleven knights.

"Father! Please! Stop this madness!" Aymeric, dear Aymeric, pleaded with his father. However, we had come here knowing that Thordan would not see reason. He would never see reason.

Where was Zephirim? Where was the leader of the Knights Twelve? Why could I not see them? Why could I not?

"Madness? There is no madness, boy." Thordan did not turn, but he did stop for the longest moment. It was as if time itself had briefly stood still. As if reality itself wished for us to hear his words. To understand his feelings. The gushing wind ceased. The sky, for the briefest moments, seemed to stop.

"Nidhogg is fallen! There is no need for further deception! Now is the time to renounce the lies that led us down this path, to start anew!" Aymeric's words were falling on death ears. To us, it was obvious. Thordan's shoulders heaved as he scoffed, the elderly man sparing only the barest of glances over his shoulder.

"And tear down the very pillars of our society? Our history? Our values? Everything we have built over a thousand years?" Thordan's response was acidic, as he made a motion to the knight piloting the airship before us. "A fool to the last."

No. He hadn't motioned to the person before him at all. I caught it in the corner of my eye, and I realised who he had actually looked to over his shoulder.

Atop the great spires of the basilica, was a black figure, garbed in tarnished steel. I could see the red plume even from here. Zephirim had joined the fray, even if he had donned armour I did not recognise. This, it seemed, was the power of the Knights Twelve that Thordan had realised.

In his hand was a great spear of light. His target was obvious. The Warrior of Light was already rushing at Thordan. There was no time.

There was only one decision to make. If I must trade my life for theirs, then I shall do so in a heartbeat.

"Look out!" I let out a roar as I rushed forward. The knightly arts would not save me from this. I understood the moment I put myself in the way, the moment I raised my shield, that all steel would falter and my body was the only thing that could stop that lance.

Light crashed into steel. My shield groaned under the weight. My legs buckled. My arm faltered. To even hold it back for mere moments would be too much. This, unfortunately, would be how I, Hauchefant Greystone, would die.

I had few regrets. How funny was it that of them, my father had never changed my name.

"Hauchefant!"

The Warrior of Lights shout would be the last thing I heard, a desperate cry. I did not want that to be the last thing I heard. I would have to survive, if only for a little bit. I do not want that to be the last thing I hear.

"If it is your sincere wish, then do it. Mankind's Final Hope."

I blinked. My limbs gave in. I was moments from death. My shield shattered and I knew in an instant I would be pierced. Yet the world around me did not move.

Aether. Pure Aether. It streamed, swept and stormed around us. Invincible walls formed out of nothing. Pools of shadow cracked into existence. A bubble formed between the spear and myself. Stone cracked and screamed, and finally, I understood that I had been in the centre of a miracle.

And so the great basilica of Saint Thordan collapsed under itself, shattering apart under the weight of magic mixed with a miracle. I understood that I had been saved.

But at what cost?

-​

You have taken control of the Warrior of Light.

Your name is…
[ ] Write in.

You are…
[ ] Male
[ ] Female

Your race is…
[ ] Hyur
[ ] Elezen
[ ] Miqo'te
[ ] Au Ra
[ ] Viera

Your jobs are (pick three)…
[ ] Paladin
[ ] Warrior
[ ] Dark Knight
[ ] Gunbreaker
[ ] Dragoon
[ ] Monk
[ ] Ninja
[ ] Black Mage
[ ] Red Mage
[ ] Bard
[ ] Samurai
[ ] Machinist
[ ] Summoner
[ ] Reaper
[ ] White Mage

You hailed from…
[ ] Ul'Dah
[ ] Hingashi
[ ] The Azem Steppe (Au Ra Only)
[ ] Garlemald Territories
[ ] Sharlaya
[ ] Thavnair

… You might be special, no, Mankind's Final Hope?
[ ] Write in any extra details.

Your name is…
[X] A'nasis Sofia

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Miqo'te

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Red Mage
[X] Summoner

You hailed from…
[X] Sharlayan

[X] A scholar who originally set out to discover more of the world, you were once a clinical researcher, only to become more and more wrapped up in Eorzean affairs.

I'm not sure what to put in the last part, so I just threw in some details of how I thought the character sort of is? I imagine she started as a very bookish sort, but after getting caught up in the events of ARR, found herself betraying her Sharlayan ideals more and more until she encountered Frey, who brought about a bit of a psychotic break for a time but also a revelation that managed to get her back on her feet to start reconciling herself with herself.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to put in the last part, so I just threw in some details of how I thought the character sort of is? I imagine she started as a very bookish sort, but after getting caught up in the events of ARR, found herself betraying her Sharlayan ideals more and more until she encountered Frey, who brought about a bit of a psychotic break for a time but also a revelation that managed to get her back on her feet to start reconciling herself with herself.
Anything special you'd like to add, such as being the legendary warrior from another world using the fabled sword Exalipoor!

Bluntly, your a hero. Weird stuff is your jam.

Assuming the jobs mean what job storylines are also to completion, not too sure of the name but DK is *absolutely* essential.

Also why dont I see Blue Mage there on the job selection?

[X] Plan Crystal Brave

Your name is…
[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Summoner
[X] Red Mage

You hailed from…
[X] The Azem Steppe (Au Ra Only)

[X] Godslaying may be your day job and swaying the fate of nations your side hobby, yet along with all the adventuring you lead a sucessful Free Company. Taking in the promising and turning them into heroes worth the name, you got an eye for talent for sure.

Last edited:
Your name is…
[X] A'nasis Sofia

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Miqo'te

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Red Mage
[X] Summoner

You hailed from…
[X] Sharlayan

[X] A scholar who originally set out to discover more of the world, you were once a clinical researcher, only to become more and more wrapped up in Eorzean affairs.

[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Samurai
[X]White Mage

You hailed from…

[X] Godslaying may be your day job and swaying the fate of nations your side hobby, yet along with all the adventuring you lead a sucessful Free Company. Taking in the promising and turning them into heroes worth the name, you got an eye for talent for sure.

Doing a little job swapping. This is narrative, so Samurai can do shit like that clash with Zenos at the start of the Shadowbringers trailer.
Also, White Mage is scary lorewise. It additionally gives us options if we're running low on aether.

[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Samurai
[X]White Mage

You hailed from…

Doing a little job swapping. This is narrative, so Samurai can do shit like that clash with Zenos at the start of the Shadowbringers trailer.
Also, White Mage is scary lorewise. It additionally gives us options if we're running low on aether.
Ok see mostly cuz I kinda liked the storylines of Summoner and Red Mage and their aesthetics but abilities wise you do have a point.

[X] Plan: I have no idea
-[X] Lien
-[X] Female
-[X] Au Ra
-[X] Machinist
-[X] Summoner
-[X] White Mage
-[X] The Azem Steppe (Au Ra Only)
-[X] You were "normal" once. But then your friend got turned into paste by a truck and through your Awesomeness (read: Bullshit!), you knew they were isekai'd. So you did your damnedest to find them for, even if they weren't a good friend, they knew fuck all about isekaiing and narrative tropes and, you just knew it would somehow fuck you over. So you've spent years tumbling from world to world getting caught up in all kinds of shenanigans, like a True Hero of Awesomeness (read: Bullshit!) should! Even if your friend isn't going to be too happy about this... hehe.

I know nothing about FFXIV!

[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Samurai
[X]White Mage

You hailed from…

[X] Plan Warrior of DARKNESS

Your name is…
[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Reaper
[X] Ninja

You hailed from…
[X] Garlemald Territories

[X] Born from the frozen wastes of Garlemald has tempered your soul. Through grit and iron will, you endured the harsh outskirts of the Capital, braving the cold and living among the pure blooded citizens under the Empire's rule. You learned to survive through famine, blizzards and loss, until there was nothing more but to travel to distant lands with the skills of a Botanist and Miner, understanding the voice of the lands which had since grown it's tiny whispers as meager farmer.

I will warn that plan will deny you access to several abilities you'd normally have in exchange for something else. Specially if your leaning on the farmer angle.

I'll be honest, not sure Garlemald allows emigration. And by "Not sure", I mean "Helping people do that is how Yda died."

Your name is…
[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Red Mage
[X] Samurai
[X]White Mage

You hailed from…

[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Samurai
[X]White Mage

You hailed from…

In the interest of solidifying on something, and this is a Job spread in keeping with the WoL's tendencies.

I put my faith in Blast Hardcheese Lichte.

[X] Kali

You are…
[X] Female

Your race is…
[X] Au Ra

[X] Dark Knight
[X] Samurai
[X]White Mage

You hailed from…

Back