My Second Quest (aka wdango syndrome stage 1) (Worm AU)

If alt-power wins, we should go stranger power. I've never seen a stranger focused fic/quest before.

[X] OC [Cape Name: Claymore, Civilian ID: Marylyn Douglas, Villain; Tinker: Specialization: Close Combat Weaponry. To fairly bullshit degrees.]

So tired of reading Taylor MC stories. She is kind of overexplored. How about playing String Theories Close Combat focussed counterpart?

To expand on Claymores powerset: She can build close combat weapons with basically any effect available in Worm and more. Want a blade that stops regen? Easy. Want a Nanothorn Halberd? Tricky, but doable. Want a dagger that can cut people out of timeloops? Perfectly possible. Extendable blade with Sting effect? Endgame material, needs a lot of time and resources to build, but doable.

The balancing factor is that she can't build anything but melee weaponry. Crude Power Armor is possible but needs an incredible effort, and even then its a cobbled together monstrosity armored with non-tinkertech Steel Plates bolted to an exoskeleton that is actually inteded exclusively to make you punch harder.

Claymore would initially be a low level villain, at most a Tinker 3, because she lacks equipment that can get her into close combat and can thus be defeated by a squad of PRT officers with containment foam sprayers. She needs to work with a team that can get her up close and personal, and would synergize very well with either the Undersiders or the Wards.
I could support this. i even got a pic that might fit...

[X] OC [Cape Name: Claymore, Civilian ID: Marylyn Douglas, Villain; Tinker: Specialization: Close Combat Weaponry. To fairly bullshit degrees.]

I'd rather not have an OC, though. Because cooking up an entire backstory is asdfghjkl.

So tired of reading Taylor MC stories. She is kind of overexplored. How about playing String Theories Close Combat focussed counterpart?

To expand on Claymores powerset: She can build close combat weapons with basically any effect available in Worm and more, as long as it isn't long ranged. Want a blade that stops regen? Easy. Want a Nanothorn Halberd? Tricky, but doable. Want a dagger that can cut people out of timeloops? Perfectly possible. Extendable blade with Sting effect? Endgame material, needs a lot of time and resources to build, but doable.

The balancing factor is that she can't build anything but melee weaponry. Crude Power Armor is possible but needs an incredible effort, and even then its a cobbled together monstrosity armored with non-tinkertech Steel Plates bolted to an exoskeleton that is actually inteded exclusively to make you punch harder.

Claymore would initially be a low level villain, at most a Tinker 3, because she lacks equipment that can get her into close combat and can thus be defeated by a squad of PRT officers with containment foam sprayers. She needs to work with a team that can get her up close and personal, and would synergize very well with either the Undersiders or the Wards.
I like.

I'd rather not have an OC, though. Because cooking up an entire backstory is asdfghjkl.

What do you think Wildbow did when he created Worm? Seriously, he made so many backstories, it really shouldn't be hard for a quests playerbase to add a single decent one. And OP seems willing given that he added the possibility to play an OC. I'd even do my part in writing Claymores backstory if he wants me to. Its not like i want to force Platypus to play in a completely different city filled with OCs.

Last edited:
What do you think Wildbow did when he created Worm? Seriously, he made so many backstories, it really shouldn't be hard for a quests playerbase to add a single decent one. And OP seems willing given that he added the possibility to play an OC. I'd even do my part in writing Claymores backstory if he wants me to. Its not like i want to force Platypus to play in a completely different city filled with OCs.
I'm perfectly fine with writing an OC. Otherwise, I wouldn't have included it as an option. Canon characters pre-weaver are also valid.

Edit: though I would prefer an OC to a Canon character other than Taylor.

Calling it. I'll edit this with the winner when I finish counting.

Edit: Overwhelming victory for Alt-Power Taylor. I'm going to read up on some powers and give you a 'default' selection, but as always, write-ins are valid unless specifically stated otherwise.

Last edited:
Magneto Taylor would be fun
It would be fun to write too. It will be one of the default options.

Options:

[ ] Electromagnetism Manipulation - Magneto, but with a temporary 3 block range. Range increases with use.

[ ] Psionic Energy Manipulation - Could hypothetically become a rank 12 in every classification, starts at 1 in all classifications.

[ ] Biological Manipulation - Panacea's power, but with less control.

[ ] Write In

What does this one mean?
[ ] Psionic Energy Manipulation - Could hypothetically become a rank 12 in every classification, starts at 1 in all classifications.

[X] Electromagnetism Manipulation - Magneto, but with a temporary 3 block range. Range increases with use.

Let's be Magneto. We even have convenient Nazis to destroy.

just watched an EP of the new season of gundam build fighters

[X] Gunpla control: by using her power on a plastic model she can increase it to human size, turn the plastic into whatever materiel is needed and can control the model, models will revert to their normal state when control is relased. effectiveness is dependent on model quality, range is currently limited to three blocks and she can only control one at a time at this point.

[X] Electromagnetism Manipulation - Magneto, but with a temporary 3 block range. Range increases with use.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electromagnetism_Manipulation
alot of variation and utility with this power

[] Psionic Energy Manipulation - Could hypothetically become a rank 12 in every classification, starts at 1 in all classifications.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Psychic_Energy_Manipulation
actually very limited if powerfull

[ ] Biological Manipulation - Panacea's power, but with less control.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Biological_Manipulation
since it workes like panacea lots of potential but little defensive capability

Back