My Adventures With Superman

I guess I am. Is that a problem? Because it's better than the show trying to do a Darth Vader with an otherwise interchangable army general.

That's not what I'm saying.
I mean you do you, but I personally like it when shows do interesting things instead of exactly what I predict them to do. Maybe its nice a DC property for once remembers that Amanda Waller was originally a far more mid level bureaucrat and not the supreme dictator of the United States of America and actually has to follow a chain of command. (Also side note, General Lane has almost never been just the gruff military dad cliche and this is hardly the first time he's been a major superman villain)

I'm liking WHY they're doing this.
It's not random xenophobia, there was a alien attack years back and they're assuming Supes is connected....

Not sure if I need to spoiler but, better be safe

View: https://twitter.com/CQuill97/status/1697224484409770267

I admit I'm not the biggest fan of Kyrptonians being another version of Viltrumites. I do appreciate it's different, but we already have Invincible coming. That being said, this show has been quitessential Superman show since the original TAS. Definitely not a looker, but I appreciate it for what it is.

Fantastic show. I'm gonna miss it.

I admit I'm not the biggest fan of Kyrptonians being another version of Viltrumites. I do appreciate it's different, but we already have Invincible coming. That being said, this show has been quitessential Superman show since the original TAS. Definitely not a looker, but I appreciate it for what it is.
Well, we don't know if that's all Kryptonians, since those guys at the end were Brainiac (identified by his three-dots symbol on the robots and later by the subtitles) and Zod (based solely on his use of the word "kneel" but that's pretty indicative), who are villains in every continuity.

I will say that I do prefer the version where Krypton is destroyed by excessive resource extraction with the warnings being ignored in the name of political expediency, as a metaphor for climate change.

I consider myself more to the right and the first time I saw the Magical Girl like transformation I laughed cause it was weird but not unfitting with the magic bent they are giving things in the show, so I really don't see any connection between those things but okay.
Just got around to seeing this after OSP reminded me that it existed and declared that it was good. Which, yeah, pretty decent.

On the subject of anime influences, one of the creators had said that Lois' new look was inspired by Meryl from Trigun.

Having Jor-El talk in only untranslated Kryptonian that Clark can't understand is an interesting approach to take. I know that there's a Kryptonian conlang, but I couldn't tell if that's what he was speaking. It sounded sort of vaguely Germanic.

It's not even the first time that Jimmy has been black, but I don't blame anybody for not remembering the one from the CW Supergirl series. Like all the other failed attempts to give Kara a hetero love interest, he was eminently forgettable.

I will say I like that Jimmy comes across as both a real friend to Clark and a important member of the team the three of them have going. He has gotten shafted enough in recent media that the race change is a minor annoyance at best. Plus different Universes will have differences.

Last edited:
Well, that confirmed Supergirl.

I didn't put much stock in the theory that Ivo's assistant was a young Lex Luthor when I heard in on the Men of Steel podcast, but that's confirmed, too.

Back