Motley Band of Monsters (Dragon Quest Monster RP)

You are currently standing at the edge of a prairie. To your back is the mouth of a forest, and in front of you is the prairie. Far to the left, you can see some hills that would be the start of a mountain range, and on the right would be what looks like a small bay.

I wouldbe interested in joining but have no familiarity with Dragon Quest. Is that ok?

Is there a good link to the families/abilities to choose from?

Last edited:
I wouldbe interested in joining but have no familiarity with Dragon Quest. Is that ok?

Is there a good link to the families/abilities to choose from?

Dragon Quest Monsters Wiki

Magic & Abilities

There's probably better ones out there, but this is all I can find atm. I'm 99% sure the list of magic and abilities - or at least abilities - isn't complete, but I could be mistaken.

As for not knowing much of Dragon Quest...neither do I. It shouldn't be that much of a problem. :)

I'm trying to not go and do "Surprise. Party member for no reason." I want to find a plausible way to include you into the story. I think I have an idea, but it needs a bit of time.

On another note, @Zedalb @Vanestus Last call for inclusion! If you don't post today I can only assume that you do not want to play anymore.

Alerts have been funky since the website had its loading old cached pages issue.

I haven't been getting all my alerts, (some are working some are not)

I've said my piece, I could get another post up agreeing with everyone else if need be. To bump the thread up and alert others, I suppose?

Attribute Seeds
Yes.

Also, using this post to make a simple explanation into the seeds.

Attribute seeds are divided into two stages: Lesser, and Greater. Lesser seeds are much more common, but also provide smaller boosts. Greater seeds are rare but provide larger boosts. It takes 5 lesser seeds to match 1 greater seed. A single greater seed provides +1 to a stat, but too many seeds can lead to a resistance to their effects. Every time you increase a stat, you need to add +1 greater seed (or +5 lesser seeds) to increase your stats to the same effect. Seeds of skill can only be used fully grown. You gain +2 points to use and do not need to increase consumption to gain the same amount of points.

Is the effect cumulative (raising the number of seeds needed )for a creature as a whole or individual to each stat?

Just want to confirm

Individual to each stat. For example, if you raised your strength using 5 lesser seeds, you don't need to use 10 lesser seeds after for any other stat then strength.

Back