Metroid Rebirth (Worm/Metroid)

"Because…" I removed my helmet. "He might be my father…"

Ratcatcher blinked, doing a double-take at me. "T-Taylor?"
oh i am sure there is not going to be any misunderstandings or misconceptions....or Piggot trying to strong arm taylor into the Protectorate, just because her father is a part of it.

I am awake again, and now have a thought!

Would Earth Bet have Chozo Statues? I understand that Samus's parents wouldn't know of it, but there's...honestly very little to say that some Chozo couldn't have, especially with the Fountain that allowed them to see the future and the past. And it's entirely possible for the Chozo to have hidden the statues, seeing as they're thousands of years old and few were even thinking of looking for aliens.

I mean, most technologically advanced people in the known universe, to the point where they actually stopped technologically progressing at all because the race as a whole hit a plateau.

...'course, the Chozo tech has never been NEEDED for Samus to advance her suit's capabilities, it's just the most common.

Last edited:
I imagine Tinkertech will do just fine for new upgrades. Her suit doesn't seem picky about the tech base of its modular additions, nor in how closely they match its way of doing things.

And I have a feeling Armsy might plow on full steam ahead and discover her DNA isn't human standard anymore, given there was an attack that broke skin and she pulled the weapon out of her armor before the gap sealed.

Here's to hoping they don't jump to tinker clone conclusion or something.

I nodded, and then I saw Hookwolf start to turn more of his body into blades. I checked my energy reserves. I still had a decent amount left. The combination of what Cricket did and the explosion had knocked me down some energy, more than expected, given what they did, but the remainder would be enough to handle the rest of this fight. I'd worry about why that happened when there wasn't a murderblender to deal with.
I am surprised that regular old human muscles with melee weapons are draining her energy shields so much. Less surprised explosions are, even if at a distance and of low quality modern tech.
I just Flash Shifted over, threw Ratcatcher behind me, and I took the blow right in an area of my armor that Hookwolf had weakened. I grunted as the blade penetrated a bit further than it normally would have, but I snap-kicked Oni Lee away.

The attempt to follow up with a blast was met with Oni Lee turning to dust again, leaving the knife buried in my side.
Well that's worrying if a human can just stab a knife thru chozo grade armor while it still has a charge! I'll be honest, I always expected her armor to be using a shield that uses extreme levels of energy to actually stop something, but it stops everything. It drains quickly from hits but nothing can get thru till it goes down. And then the future tech/Alien imbued aliens/ray guns can get thru the armor much easier (ie one hit). Was hoping to see Samus even w/o shields just have small arms to even larger caliber bullets bouncing right off her armor. This is going to be worrying, she's sounding like a bit of a glass cannon at the moment. All the firepower but none of the defense. A proverbial dodge tank?

That was a really fun fight sequence. I like how Samus is limiting herself here, without feeling like she's holding back.

She's restricted the deployment of equipment, but the weight of her experience and skill shine through without them. I like that a lot.
You're not wrong there, she really was giving off the vibe of an experienced huntress. I am worried how so far the things that have hit/harmed her the most are attacks that any regular pre-spaceflight creature could do, no Rayguns or shard powers needed.

And I have a feeling Armsy might plow on full steam ahead and discover her DNA isn't human standard anymore, given there was an attack that broke skin and she pulled the weapon out of her armor before the gap sealed.

Here's to hoping they don't jump to tinker clone conclusion or something.
That shouldn't be an issue honestly. Case 53's are a thing already and they are ALL wildly nonhuman and presumebly have non-human dna (if they even have dna).

Also it didn't break her skin, no blood drawn. Nor did it exist after she pulled out of her armor, surprised it didn't puff to ash at the same time as the rest of the clone, odd honestly. Wonder if it is an story element...?
I reached down with my free hand and pulled the wakizashi from my armor, and seconds after it was free of my body, it collapsed into ash, much like Oni Lee's body. Gods, that thing actually stung. My armor had taken the brunt of the stab, but the tip had dug right into my hip. I don't think it broke flesh, but it still stung a little more than it should have.

The armor healed over seconds after I pulled out the sword, and I turned toward the so-called heroes as Armsmaster leveled his halberd at me, and Miss Militia cautiously aimed an assault rifle.

I imagine Tinkertech will do just fine for new upgrades. Her suit doesn't seem picky about the tech base of its modular additions, nor in how closely they match its way of doing things.
Always did consider Samus to work a bit like Mega Man. Yoink and all. Heck it's not even just Chozo tech, she was getting upgrades this latest game from the EMMI's so... yeah that is sorta proven now. Same with grabbing omega ammo from the controlling mini mother brains.

Last edited:
So, there's an explanation upcoming as to what's going on with the shielding. Note, pretty much anything can affect shielding.

So, there's an explanation upcoming as to what's going on with the shielding. Note, pretty much anything can affect shielding.
Doesn't always have to be in a bad way...plus there's the how it effects the shielding, does it just bounce off like its nothing, does it dent and cause minor damage...does it take off an entire tank of health...or does it perhaps give an awesome upgrade to it? Those are the questions to think about... it's not a case of whether it effects the shields or not...but rather...how it does so, and what sort of effect it actually has.

Arrival 1.4

Arrival 1.4

He'd called me Taylor. Ratcatcher had called me Taylor, as Emma had, and it just confirmed things for me. My father, my birth father was alive. I actually had a living parent. A parent that I, through circumstance or purpose, had not caused the death of. Annette Hebert, sadly, was dead, and what little I remembered of those circumstances could be blamed on actions I took. I remembered calling her. Viginia and Rodney Aran, twenty-three years ago, had been killed. Mom… because of me. Dad… because of someone dead. Well… that Dad. Old Bird and Gray Voice were dead and gone as well, both to similar situations. The discovery of Raven Beak… If he had been saner, I might not have needed to kill him. He'd given me no choice, as he was too far gone. I needed to end things once and for all. While my AI partner was based off of Adam Malkovich, the human Adam…

Any objections, Lady?

Unshielded bodies didn't survive Power Bombs.

"Taylor, but… how?" Ratca---Dad asked. He looked me over, focusing on my face, studying it like some sculpture or textbook, almost as if he were trying to memorize it or look for some flaw. "What happened to you?"

I pursed my lips. Explaining things to him was going to be difficult enough. It really would have been even if we weren't surrounded by people being loaded into vans. Perhaps it was lucky then, that Armsmaster and Miss Militia were there.

"Ratcatcher, this is not the time nor the place," Armsmaster said, placing an armored glove on his… on my father's shoulder. I was reasonably certain that Dad hadn't had powers when I had left for the camp, but again, it had been twenty-six years for me. Armsmaster looked me in the eye. "Hunter, I would suggest replacing your helmet. Are you willing to come back to Headquarters with us? We will need to take a statement."

I nodded, offering him a grateful smile. It wasn't that I didn't want to tell Dad what had happened, at least as far as I understood it, it was that the story was long, arduous, and it wasn't really something that I wanted to say when there were this many prying ears. Plus, I really preferred not to say much at all when possible.

"You do know where HQ is, right?" asked Miss Militia. Her eyes narrowed a bit as she looked me over. I was sure that it was curiosity in those eyes, not paranoia, but when she glanced to Ratcatcher, shifted my assessment to concern. My father was her teammate, and she cared about him. It was good that he had some friends at work.

Even if he was putting himself in danger the way he did here.

Miss Militia must have taken my silence as confirmation because she continued. "You don't happen to have a vehicle yourself, do you?"

"Not with me," I said as I slid my helmet back over my head, making sure my hair fit in properly. The ship was parked in the boat graveyard, after all.

"I can drive the both of us," Dad said. "I have the… ergh… Ratmobile."

Armsmaster shook his head. "I doubt that she would be comfortable. I'll set up my sidecar and she can ride with me."

Miss Militia nodded, pitching her voice lower as she stepped up to my father. "After she gets cleared, Danny. That's when we'll leave you alone with her. She might have helped, but…"

Dad nodded, but he didn't look happy. He looked at me in my armor. "Ta—Hunter, are you comfortable riding in his sidecar?"

Honestly, I probably would have preferred to just run, utilizing my Speed Boost the way that I had when I got to this area of town, but riding sidecar with Armsmaster wasn't a terrible prospect. Given that he and Miss Militia wanted to "clear me" before allowing me to sit down with my father, it made sense. Additionally, there probably were some security checks to get into the HQ that riding with a Protectorate member would help me bypass.

I gave a nod to my father. I'd ride sidecar with Armsmaster. The cape led me over to his motorcycle, and I watched as he managed to coax a sidecar out of the bike. I'll admit that I hadn't taken a close look at many of the vehicles here in Brockton Bay. Combustion engines were wasteful inefficient things that caused absurd amounts of pollution, after all, but there was something intriguing about the motorcycle. It looked like Armsmaster had taken a standard sleek model and made some personal modifications to it, including the hide-a-car. I was curious about the specifics on how that worked.

Morph Ball technology was not something that this Earth had, after all.

Once he finished the setup, he gestured for me to take the sidecar. I gladly took a seat, crossing my legs as I leaned back in the sidecar.

"Do you have a radio in that helmet of yours?" Armsmaster asked.

I nodded.

"I'm going to attempt to send you a frequency, let's synchronize to that one so that we can communicate while we're in motion," he said, and then, after he adjusted a couple settings on his helmet, I saw where his transmission was. Somehow it was located in the terahertz range, far beyond what I was certain this era was capable of, but it was not beyond what I was capable of.

I adjusted to the frequency on the fly, and I sent a reminder to Adam to do the same. I wanted him able to pay attention to everything that was going on, after all. However, with Armsmaster talking on the same frequency, Adam couldn't just talk to me. Not before we knew his feelings on AI, anyway. Dad and Adam would probably have their talk much later. That was a conversation that I was… nervous about. Adam was based off of someone that I considered a father figure, and Danny Hebert was my birth father.

"Testing, Hunter are you able to read me?"

I gave him a thumbs-up, intentionally stifling my concern. That conversation would happen one way or another, and there was little I could do about it without just leaving the planet. I wasn't ready to do that just yet.

"Assuming you're able to hear me, can you respond to me verbally?" Armsmaster asked as he started up the motorcycle.

"Loud and clear," I said, giving another thumbs up.

"Good," Armsmaster said, and he took to the road, dragging me in tow. "Now, Hunter, there's a few things that I wanted to ask you. Some will have to do with your armor, and some will have to do with your relationship to Ratcatcher. This channel is secure, so you won't have to worry about anyone overhearing that shouldn't."

I smiled, nodding. "Are you recording?"

"Only in the barest sense," Armsmaster said. He must have sensed my confusion at his wording because he continued. "I record every time I go out in action so that I can review the footage to see if there's something that I missed or how I might improve in combat. Any information that can be used against fellow heroes is tagged for deletion, but any evidence for villain activity is forwarded to the appropriate authorities."

Not too dissimilar from what I did when I uploaded my own data to my ship. Admittedly, now I had an AI to help me analyze that data, identify enemy weaknesses, etc. Combined with the occasional map downloads I was able to get, I was often able to figure out better ways I could have handled things or figure out where to go if I were to get lost. While originally, I did all of this myself, Adam sped things up significantly. I sincerely doubted that Armsmaster had his own AI partner to look over the data with.

I gestured for Armsmaster to continue. A benefit to wearing the gravity armor was that I didn't have to worry about gripping the sidecar while we were in motion.

"I take it you're ready for the questions then," he said. After I nodded, he continued. "You said you didn't build that armor. Can you elaborate?"

I could elaborate, but I doubted that without proof, Armsmaster would completely believe me. My proof primarily would be my ship and Adam. If I had them run my DNA, the proof would be there as well, but I wasn't entirely sure that I wanted any agency to get any significant amount of my DNA. Especially after ZDR. I did need some sort of analysis done on it, but trust regarding anything Metroid was something I had a short supply of. Especially after what we found on the BOTTLESHIP.

A briefer elaboration would probably be good. "I was gifted the armor when I was younger by two people who trained me in how to use it. It has helped me survive many situations that I would not have survived without it."

I wondered what Old Bird and Gray Voice would say about this world. Earth Bet may have been where I originally came from, but Zebes is where I grew up. Of course, one still existed, and the other was now a collection of debris floating around a star.

"It's an impressive piece of technology," Armsmaster said. "I would be curious to meet the one who created it."

"You can't," I said curtly. My voice cracked ever so slightly as I closed my eyes. "They're dead. Have been for a few years now."

Armsmaster nodded and made a hard left down another street. He seemed to be heading toward some sort of blocked off authorization only area, but according to the city map that I had, the road led to a facility planted near the docks. The Protectorate HQ was located in an old oil rig out on the bay. As I glanced at the rig itself, information that Adam had flagged came up. Apparently, there were a few people online who called the PHQ "the Rig" because it was on an oil rig, but that certainly wasn't an official name for it at all. It had once been a functioning rig, but the oil dried up, and the Protectorate bought it rather than let the site be dismantled.

Smart of them, really. It was a nice, isolated area for them to have their heroes work. I wasn't sure how I felt that my father was one of them, but he did what he felt was right. As did I.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Armsmaster said. "Assuming you're who you claim to be, you appear to be much older than you should be, given that you were only gone for approximately fourteen months. How old are you, truly?"

"Twenty-six," I said. I supposed if I were to count my time as Taylor Hebert as a part of my age, I'd be older, by at least thirteen years, but I was 26 years old. I didn't think my birthday had come yet, so twenty-six it was.

"So, to you, twelve years passed wherever you ended up?" Armsmaster asked.

I shook my head. "Twenty-six."

"But that would make you... forty or older," he said. "You don't look forty though."

"Twenty-six," I said a bit more forcefully. He was going to get this. I did not want to get into a fight over age

"You don't even look that age," Armsmaster murmured. I figured he was more talking to himself at this point than me. "Of course, that's not the biggest thing. You revealed yourself in public, and there was the chance that you revealed Ratcatcher's identity as well. Luckily, he did retain his mask, so there's some plausible deniability regarding that. Your identity, however, or at least your face and given name are revealed."

I shrugged. If people could figure out how to track me down from my face alone, then they deserved the attention they would get. It would hardly be the first time that I'd had to deal with someone trying to harm me because of who I was. I'd literally just came from that, after all. Gods, Raven Beak… what had driven him so insane? Was it the extinction or near-extinction of the Chozo as a whole? Or had he somehow been that way even on Zebes and I just never noticed? Running into him again… I hadn't expected it. Quiet Robe's explanation of what was going on…losing the Chozo all over again broke my heart, but I'd had no choice.

He'd pretended to be Adam, deceived me, and then he prattled on about destiny. When I knew that it wasn't Adam, when it was him, I did what I needed to. Him pulling the family card was laughable, really, if it weren't so rage-inducing. He'd been different when I was younger on Zebes, but that could be me looking back with rose-colored glasses.

"I'm not worried about my name being revealed," I said. "I don't really use Taylor most of the time, and no last name was revealed either. So, they'd be looking for a woman in a power suit with the name of Taylor, not the name Samus."

"Samus, huh?" Armsmaster asked. "I'll edit that out of the footage. Assuming you are who Ratcatcher thinks you are, where did you go?"

"That's the tricky question," I said. "The simple answer is an alternate Earth, but that's not the full true answer."

I knew alternate Earths were well known in the Protectorate here. However, space travel was simply not possible for a few reasons here. One of which involved the Endbringer in orbit, and another was simply technology level.

"Do you have a name for this Earth?" Armsmaster asked.

"Not like Aleph or Bet," I said. "But the Galactic Federation has control of Earth. I worked for them, on occasion."

"As a Cape?" I could just hear the capitalization in his question. When we came to a stop at a corner near the water, I shook my head. His lips pursed, and he stroked that beard of his. "But you operated in that suit of yours."

I nodded. Well, this specific suit was the upgraded version of my base suit, which had changed after the incident on SR388, and while it was weaker against certain things, I was fairly certain my new suit was better for me.

Armsmaster started back up, and he started to drive the motorcycle onto what appeared to be a hardlight bridge that passed over the bay. I didn't think the technology existed on Earth Bet to make something like this, and I'll admit, if it weren't for my Gravity Suit I'd be a bit nervous. The weather outside was chilly, and the water below was bound to be even colder. A normal human would probably get hypothermia falling into something cold like that. Me? I was definitely not a normal human.

"Please elaborate as to how you operated then," Armsmaster said.

"Shouldn't I be telling this stuff to my father?" I asked.

He finished traversing the bridge, so that we were in some parking area on the decommissioned oil rig, and he turned to me. "I expect that you will, once we confirm you are who you say. You have features that resemble that of Ratcatcher's civilian identity, and you resemble pictures of his daughter that I've seen."

I nodded.

"However, Ratcatcher is a valued teammate of mine," Armsmaster said. "And as his team leader, his wellbeing is under my purview. If you are not his daughter, that's not something that we can arrest you for, given that as far as I know, you haven't done anything directly illegal. However, if you think that I will allow you to harm him, you would be mistaken."

I smiled under my helmet. It seemed that my father had managed to get in with a good job. A direct supervisor that cared this much about his subordinate was something special. I'd had that, once, when I was in a similar position.

"Perhaps I might be able to help alleviate some concerns," Adam said over the radio.

"What? Who is this?" Armsmaster asked.

"I am Adam, an AI that works with Samus Aran," Adam said. "I believe you have been calling her Hunter, and you believe that it is possible that she is the daughter of your teammate, Ratcatcher."

"An AI?" Armsmaster looked at my visor, and I nodded.

"Yes, based upon her former commanding officer, Adam Malkovich," Adam said. "I advise her during her missions, but she is the one in charge. She acts as a freelance bounty hunter that primarily serves the interests of the Galactic Federation."

"I assume you have proof," Armsmaster said. I understood that sentiment. He didn't want to operate based upon either mine or Adam's say-so alone. I couldn't blame him.

"Are you able to receive data?" Adam asked.

"Yes," Armsmaster said.

"I will convert to a format that you should not have difficulty opening," Adam said. "Lady, are you willing to authorize some brief combat data being released from ZDR? Along with some Federation records?"

He swapped to a private channel, displaying the text upon my visor. "Nothing about your biological situation will be shared without your consent. My orders and authorization come specifically from you here. Any objections, Lady?"

"The combat data and records should be fine," I said.

"We may want to do a DNA comparison as well," Armsmaster said.

"Due to events beyond Samus's control, her DNA has been altered," Adam said. "She has had to undergo some genetic therapies as treatments for her to live."

Armsmaster tapped his chin before dismounting completely from the motorcycle. I followed him out. He smiled at me. "Please send the data, Adam."

"Sending now," Adam said. And then seconds later, he said… "It should be uploaded, Armsmaster."

He nodded. "Please follow me, Hunter."

Armsmaster led me into the Protectorate HQ proper. We initially passed through a motor pool, where Armsmaster placed the keys to his bike in a specific locker, and then he led me past a bullpen where a number of people were working at desks. They all seemed to be wearing business casual with the occasional shirt on them that said "PRT". Armsmaster led me down a hall to a small conference room that had comfortable-looking chairs, including some taller ones with reinforced padding.

"This is where we'll take your statement, Hunter," Armsmaster said. "These are the sturdiest chairs we have here in the building, so they should support you in your armor while also giving you room for your legs. I do have one last question though."

I nodded.

"How much height does the armor add to you?"

"Samus's armor adds approximately one foot to her height," Adam said. "When not in her armor, she is approximately six feet, three inches tall."

"Taller than Ratcatcher," Armsmaster said.

I shrugged. I had still been shorter than any of my Chozo parents. I was taller than many humans, but that hardly was anything new. I took a seat in one of the chairs, keeping my arm cannon level with the ground. I didn't want to look threatening in here.

Armsmaster nodded, and he stepped out of the room, leaving me alone. Well, alone other than Adam.

"He seems like a dedicated man," Adam said on a private channel. "He would be interesting to work alongside. The technology he incorporated into his halberd and his motorcycle are curious though."

I nodded. Combined with the technology that went into making the hardlight bridge, it was far more advanced than should have been possible at this time period. When the Earth of the Galactic Federation had been at this year, technology was not so nearly advanced, and I doubted that the Chozo had influenced any of the tech I'd seen so far here. However, from what I remembered about tinkers, their technology could end up far more advanced than what was capable here, but it was volatile. Reproducing the tech was next to impossible, and it required maintenance from the tinker.

"How are you, Lady?" Adam asked. "Are you indeed this Taylor Hebert that the Barnes girl seemed to think you were?"

"I… was," I said, my words coming out as a whisper. "I've been Samus Aran for so long, though. And now…"

Now, I wasn't even sure how much of me was still human. During my time on ZDR, the Metroid genetics had come to the forefront, and I… changed. I had changed back, thanks to absorbing the X parasite that had consumed Quiet Robe, but I still felt different. I could absorb all the energy that this rig had if I wanted.

In reality, going nonlethal on those capes had been a test for myself more than anything else. If I had gone in full power, I was reasonably certain that none of them would have survived. I needed to be able to hold back. There were still some curiosities about what had happened during it, though. I shouldn't have taken as much damage from the explosion and Cricket's actions as I did, and that Oni Lee had managed to stab through the armor… I wondered if my armor's material had changed some, given my changes. Given that the armor literally healed itself as I pulled the blade out… was it more biological than it had been before? Was my armor even more a part of me now that my Metroid genetics had surfaced? What did that make me?

"You are still who you were," Adam said. "No matter the changes you go through, as long as you hold true to your core values, you will remain. If you wish to get to know your father again, Lady, I will attempt to help you with that. Any objections, Lady?"

I smiled, shaking my head. It was strange receiving comfort from an AI, but Adam was more than just a computer. He was still my friend.

The door opened again, and in walked… my father, dressed in sweatpants and a dark blue T-Shirt with PRT written in white block letters across his breast. He wore a pair of glasses, and his hair was a little messed up. On one of his shoulders sat a small rat that looked a bit more on the adorable side than the ones he had been using against Hookwolf.

Behind him, Miss Militia and Armsmaster walked in. All three had some serious looks on their faces, but I got the feeling that Dad was more nervous than stoic.

"Hunter…" Armsmaster began. "First off, let me start this off by thanking you again for your assistance against the Empire and ABB. If it weren't for you, we likely would not have been able to capture Hookwolf."

"I'm not sure I would have been able to get the stunner on his core once he was in full changer mode," Dad said.

"Secondly, I would like to say that if you would like to remove your helmet now, you can," Armsmaster said.

I nodded, and I took the helmet off, placing it on the conference table, facing them so that Adam could still see.

Dad smiled, looking me over. "You've grown up… a lot."

I nodded.

"Does this mean you've accepted me?" I asked, carefully picking my words, never looking away from my father.

"In my authority as the leader of the Protectorate ENE," Armsmaster said. "I am reasonably confident that you are not attempting to harm my subordinate. On behalf of our organization, I would like to be among the first to officially welcome you."

"You're home, Taylor," Dad said, and I could see tears starting to form in his eyes. "You're finally home…"

The pain being relieved by those words was palpable. I just…

I hoped that I wouldn't have to cause it again.

Ok, this is very nice. Taking the nice and slow approach, also i like how this Armsmaster cares for his teammates like this, seems more mellow than how he is normally portrayed.
Welp, i cant wait for them to find out about her dna alterations, her space ship and for the dragon slayers to blow their collective braincell

A full foot of extra height seems like it might be too much, given that she's usually about the same height in and out of the suit (Other M aside). Plus how legs bend and he head reaching the top.

Then again, morph ball, so maybe the suit makes it work. Certainly adds another layer to any secret identity she tries to have. "No, she's too short, can't be her." "She's six foot three!" "Right!"

Pretty sure she's going to make sure nobody can get their hands on a DNA sample of her - she won't want anybody cloning metroids from her blood.

Pretty sure she's going to make sure nobody can get their hands on a DNA sample of her - she won't want anybody cloning metroids from her blood.
Dude if they could pick out the Metroid dna from the boiling cauldron that is her blood I'd be impressed.

At this point someone on reddit said it best "I feel like if someone tried to take a sample of samus's DNA, the sample itself would try to attack them."

And considering she has fucking X in there on top of the Metroid, and the Phazon radiation, and the Aieon, and whatever the fuck the X she ate absorbed beforehand, they are not wrong to think so.

Well that last sentence is actually not as ominous as it sounds. Home is a subjective term. For now anyway the mission hasn't changed. Scavenger for whatever is necessary to fix the ship. Fix the ship. Then and only then consider whether the travel to the alternative Earth, presuming it is even possible. I'm not familiar with Worm lore so I do not know if that giant alien above the Earth shall eventually cause any shenanigans in the future. So far they have been pretty chill about Samus being on the planet.

So far they have been pretty chill about Samus being on the planet.
Yeah, as anyone with a passing familiarity of worm can say... That thing being a-ok with Samus' arrival is BAD... It's a precognitive level planner and able to implant mental commands in people who hear noise made by it... It normally destroys any spaceships trying to leave earth orbit, the fact that this thing let her land implies that it believes Samus will be a net positive in accomplishing its plans; which are NEVER good for humanity...

A full foot of extra height seems like it might be too much, given that she's usually about the same height in and out of the suit (Other M aside). Plus how legs bend and he head reaching the top.

Then again, morph ball, so maybe the suit makes it work. Certainly adds another layer to any secret identity she tries to have. "No, she's too short, can't be her." "She's six foot three!" "Right!"

The full foot is actually canonical. Data sets show that Samus is 6'3" out of suit and 7'3" in suit.

Yeah, as anyone with a passing familiarity of worm can say... That thing being a-ok with Samus' arrival is BAD... It's a precognitive level planner and able to implant mental commands in people who hear noise made by it... It normally destroys any spaceships trying to leave earth orbit, the fact that this thing let her land implies that it believes Samus will be a net positive in accomplishing its plans; which are NEVER good for humanity...
To be fair it might have done a risk assessment against fighting Post-Dread Samus and came up with a result ranging from "Do Not" to "TILT."

The full foot is actually canonical. Data sets show that Samus is 6'3" out of suit and 7'3" in suit.
It's not actually the only official height is in the metroid 2 manual whichs says 6'3 is for her height in the suit. She is shorter than 6'3 outside of the suit her height is probably somwhwere in the range of 6 to 6'1 feet.

Edited the estimated height since i noticed it was of once i looked at how much it was in metric.

Last edited:
It's not actually the only official height is in the metroid 2 manual whichs says 6'3 is for her height in the suit. She is shorter than 6'3 outside of the suit her height is probably somwhwere in the range of 5'8 to 6 feet.

Well, the 6'3" is canon for outside the suit as of... Other M, it looks like. 7'3" might be more than should be added for the suit itself, but in armor, she's definitely taller than 6'3".

Well, the 6'3" is canon for outside the suit as of... Other M, it looks like. 7'3" might be more than should be added for the suit itself, but in armor, she's definitely taller than 6'3".
Not really we have no official heights for any other characters there except what is said about Samus height in her suit in the metroid 2 manual So eyeballing it with other m isn't going to work. The only way we could determine the heights is to assume they made all the models exactly proportionate to eachother and measure them agains't the 2.5 M tall data panels. To determine how tall they are and from a quick attempt at this myself with Samus in game next to a data panel then Samus is roughly around 177 Cm tall. It's not 100% accurate since it's at an angle and Samus is sligtly crouched and closer to the screen but this is just what i could get from a quick attempt at this if it's to be a fully accurate measrument of the models we would have to exctract the models from the game and put them next to each other for a proper comparions and since people have already extracted the models i tried loading them into a 3d model viewer to compare but they didn't scale properly and all ended up as the same height.

considering that she can summon and unsummon her suit, an that its rather malleable due to the upgrades and stuff, i wonder if she's able to change other things as well?
i.e switch the arm the cannon is on?
dual wield? (potentially with downsides?)

Back