Mecha and Revolution - do they go together?

So there was an old anime called Patlabor which was about cops, but the basic premise is that Mecha are not generally warmachines but rather common construction equipment. A concept which could lend itself to a mecha workers revolution if that's a thing you would be interested in. Especially since the relative inferiority of the workers equipment compared to dedicated warfighting platforms of the police or military could be milked for lots of drama.
Quite curious. In any case, it can explain where the mech of the hero of non-military origin came from. On the other hand, you can make it so that it is the protagonist who will have a military machine, while most of them are converted civilian models.

Hey has anyone heard of this anime series? I think it fits this topic thread pretty well.

The year is 2014 and aliens have come to earth and offer consciousness-controlled multi-purpose robot "EXOFRAMES". With access to alien technology with great versatility at a low price, it becomes widely used in various industries around the world and begins to play an active role in the battlefield. With the presence of EXOFRAMES, existing weapons and even the existing world order will become "obsolete" ...

Yes, I heard - I'll try to find a translation.

I've just found new websites including a wiki site and the series' official website (both Japanese and English language versions) with the related info and pics. BTW, the currently available YouTube videos all have options for multiple languages (both dubbed and subbed versions). Just check out the YouTube links.

tvtropes.org

Obsolete

In 2014, aliens revealed themselves to request trade with humanity. For each metric ton of limestone, they would in exchange provide a thought-controlled general-use robot known as an Exoframe. Cheaper than an aircraft, tank, or firearm, and easy …

project-obsolete.com

ANIME OBSOLETE Official Site

An 8ft realistic mecha animation “OBSOLETE” official site. this production is taken by the exceptional talent GenUrobuchi and the up-and-coming CG animation studio BUEMON. YouTube Originals Ep7-Ep12 will be available on Dec 2020.

obsolete.fandom.com

Obsolete

Obsolete is a YouTube original anime series which began releasing on December 3, 2019. It was initially streamed on the BANDAI NAMCO Arts Channel for paying users and later released for free. Aliens first make their appearance on earth in 2014, searching for limestone. They trade highly...

Back