Madoka Magica Rebellion Sequel Confirmed

I think the most important thing is that new character of Record that is apparently cannon I think. In that side story 0 or whatever, I'm planning on something and this movie would not be a problem at all, but I must wait for what the Hell is that new character whose name I dont remmember.

I think the most important thing is that new character of Record that is apparently cannon I think. In that side story 0 or whatever, I'm planning on something and this movie would not be a problem at all, but I must wait for what the Hell is that new character whose name I dont remmember.
Madokami confirmed that the only real difference between MagiReco and the other worlds was that at one point Iroha stumbled on a pebble, which apparently made all the difference, as I recall. So everyone probably exist or could come to exist in any of the other worlds - they just don't get to the same position because pebble-chan wasn't there or at a different position or Iroha didn't stumble on it.

In order:
Kyubey dies should be Kyubey stays dead.
Claris still exists, even if different composition. It's Kalafina you should think about.
Finally, nobody died in Rebellion.
Plot twist, Mami Tomoe's Everyday Life is revealed to be the canonical end of the series. I'm sure the reaction here would be perfectly pleasant :rofl:

Yeah I want all the Kyubey to finally get theirs. Yeah they kind of did at the end of Rebellion but I still wouldn't be shocked of they had a way to twist it to their advantage.

Here's a link timestamped to when this trailer appeared on the recent Aniplex livestream, since it had subtitles there, though not including some of the Japanese text.

Yep.

Instead we got... what, two-and-half series promoting a mobile game that closed its global server years ago? Much content, very yay. I can't really comment on the mobage beyond whoever wrote the gamepress articles being a creep, but the anime definitely has the gatcha-plot scatterbrain syndrome dragging it down (ie 'never resolve a plotline, just pile on new characters to eternity').

TBH I'm completely out-of-touch on the Madoka side content and the idea of catching up is vaguely exhausting.

Finally.

I've been waiting to see Homura's girlboss arc for like a decade.

I just hope to Madokami we can get a conclusive, happy ending for everyone. (Except a certain cabbit.) They've suffered enough.

Honestly I'll take a happy ending for everyone but sayaka. urobucher really has a thing for making sayaka life a living hell

I Don't think she will get a happy ending honestly

I've been putting off watching the rebellion movie because the person recommending it to me did so on the basis that it was good setup for a sequel, so once this comes out I'll watch them both

Given the ending of Rebellion was supposedly reworked specifically to make sequels possible it's been immensely frustrating how long we've gone without that sequel.
This is only true in the broadest sense that while he was still drafting the script, Urobuchi was unsatisfied with his original ending (which would have been the Madokami taking Homura scene), and followed a suggestion by Shinbo which he liked much better.

Anyway, personally I quite liked the ending of Rebellion, but I won't say no to more Madoka either way.

Back