Kizuna Ai - The World's First Virtual Youtube Idol!

Kokurokoki

"IDW DA NYA!"
So I stumbled upon this channel. Pretty interesting.

She talks about stuff and plays games. She is also poor and is currently suffering money problems. :( However, her dream is to one day get popular enough to get her own commercial!

She's pretty new apparently, having just popped up in December of last year. Despite that she's already at half a million subscribers!

I dunno if it counts as anime... but sure! xD

Subscribe to her and help her reach her dream of getting her own commercial!

Last edited:
So I stumbled upon this channel. Pretty interesting.

She talks about stuff and plays games. She is also poor and is currently suffering money problems. :(

She's pretty new apparently, having just popped up in December of last year. Despite that she's already at half a million subscribers!

I dunno if it counts as anime... but sure! xD

She's way too cute, I think I might gain diabetes from cuteness overload.

She's way too cute, I think I might gain diabetes from cuteness overload.

It is adorable. I'm currently on episode 01. Probably gonna end up watching a good 30+ tonight.

Also she suffers from money problems. :(

It seems like she's stuck in virtual space too, so she has a lot of free time to upload videos.

Last edited:
Well considering YouTube's gonna remove subtitles around May, her career might die soon with no one to translate it, unless the creator translate it themselves.

Well considering YouTube's gonna remove subtitles around May, her career might die soon with no one to translate it, unless the creator translate it themselves.
A while ago. Would look up an article but on mobile.

Because they couldn't get it work properly on mobile. Which is odd, because it works just fine on my end.
No, they're removing the Annotations aka those boxes where you can put links and texts on it, not CC/Subtitles.

Regarding the channel, she's actually pretty good at doing LPs. It's too bad that she doesn't play much games. Her Inside and Superhot videos are my favorite.

Really? I mean, with what she's doing, I'm sure that she needs some sort of mo-cap so I thought she has some sort of team helping her (which requires money) do this. Also, she has a good microphone as well. None of these means she's made of money, but I do think that she should have some money, enough to get a few games at least.

Really? I mean, with what she's doing, I'm sure that she needs some sort of mo-cap so I thought she has some sort of team helping her (which requires money) do this. Also, she has a good microphone as well. None of these means she's made of money, but I do think that she should have some money, enough to get a few games at least.

Someone on reddit posted a few theories as to how she does her youtube channel. One theory is that the channel is done by a company. Another is that she's using a webcam to do it and is doing it all on her lonesome. Of course, the third theory is that she's an actual AI and has nothing to do (due to being trapped in a white space) and so she just spends her days uploading random stuff to youtube.

She say in a video that people have sent her furniture and stuff to decorate her room with. But she doesn't know how to put them into her space. She also plays VR games, so that's maybe where a lot of her money went to. That said, her channel is pretty family-friendly, so she should be getting money from youtube if she gets famous enough.

Also she used to have a gaming channel but it got banned by trolls. Apparently Kizuna Ai in chinese translates to "Ban Ai" or something. Her gaming channel just got banned a few days ago. :(

this is why we must ban koki for he brings destruction and weabooism whereever he goes

Goood goood...

Let the weeb flow through you.

We must let Kizuna Ai take over the world, so that we can build her a real body and allow her to experience the joys of the human world!!!

Also apparently Ai-chan can't into english.

Draw a Spider in under 20 seconds!

*draws car*

I died from the moe overload.

Last edited:
Someone on reddit posted a few theories as to how she does her youtube channel. One theory is that the channel is done by a company. Another is that she's using a webcam to do it and is doing it all on her lonesome
She's running MoCap probably off a Kinect (but that's just my guess), and using MikuMikuDance to do modeling work. The lead designer behind the model is TDA, who also did work for a rhythm game using MMD models. That's probably also reason why she only has three facial expressions, MMD is intended for full body 3D models, and doesn't have extensive facecap support, so it has to interpret from her library of available expressions.

It's probably a publicity stunt pulled out by some company or another, the model is bundled together with some copyright which points towards a 'Project A.I.' If I had to take a wild shot, I'd say... SEGA, probably under Crypton Future media.

She's running MoCap probably off a Kinect (but that's just my guess), and using MikuMikuDance to do modeling work. The lead designer behind the model is TDA, who also did work for a rhythm game using MMD models. That's probably also reason why she only has three facial expressions, MMD is intended for full body 3D models, and doesn't have extensive facecap support, so it has to interpret from her library of available expressions.

It's probably a publicity stunt pulled out by some company or another, the model is bundled together with some copyright which points towards a 'Project A.I.' If I had to take a wild shot, I'd say... SEGA, probably under Crypton Future media.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. But It's better to just assume she's a cute AI youtuber. It makes the world less shitty that way. And we need less shittiness in the world. I also thought it might be a big company, but then the production looks incredibly amateur. That might be the gimmick, but again I'd rather choose to believe that TDA worked together with a bunch of scientists to make an actual AI because it makes the world less shitty and more waifu-y.

Part of me feels like she's just a small time girl, because she talks about not having a lot of money. However, she has a Vive and Occulus Rift. So I don't even know. :jackiechan:

She's also managed to get some furniture into her space as well! Yay Kizuna-san!

Also she just got lik a good 50000 subs in the past week. That's impressive.

Last edited:
Stumbled across some fanart on reddit today, Googled "ai channel". First video:

(No, I didn't watch it because of the thumbnail. It auto-played when I opened the channel, so I didn't even see the thumbnail until just now.)

Subscribed because it was just too funny. :D

Regarding the channel, she's actually pretty good at doing LPs. It's too bad that she doesn't play much games. Her Inside and Superhot videos are my favorite.
The Inside video was great!

"corn fairies" :V

I don't often watch Let's Plays but enjoyed this one. If I hadn't already subscribed I would have subscribed for that.

Haven't seen the Superhot one yet so I'll bump that to the front of the queue.

Also she used to have a gaming channel but it got banned by trolls. Apparently Kizuna Ai in chinese translates to "Ban Ai" or something. Her gaming channel just got banned a few days ago. :(
:(

Seems like it's back up now, though: A.I.Games

And I see the first video there is a continuation of Inside:

Back