So Igetis Cyl regularly descends into a sort of megalomaniacal perfectionism. It can normally be managed by his advisors, unfortunately one risk with it is his (literal) dominating aura which limits the minds of those around him. And in this case it was exacerbated by his upcoming evolution in a few years, ramping up each component of the condition.

Meaning he picked a truly terrible time to end isolation.

Honestly this feels like a sort of reboot for the story. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but… Igetis Cyl was already "losing" in a number of endeavors he cares about. Now it feels like every such endeavor's difficulty has been kicked up a notch, even if his eccentricities are a bit less frightening.

I wish Igetis' current personality had been shed and turned into a not-quite-clone which continued to have his megalomaniacal personality. Without being truly independent. "Dangerous only if a few things go wrong at once." As-is… any ongoing plot feels like a bomb waiting to go off. Seeing new!Cyl and the old one talk about their priorities and points of view would help with the revisions that'll come as Igetis Cyl puts out fires.

Finally, I'm not quite appreciating the sudden goblin invasion scenario. Nor the "pacifism" line which I can't remember previously seeing, I don't like that. I could understand if we had previous lines about Igetis Cyl's clones performing the normal tasks of a military in place of citizens, but instead it seems like Cyl takes care of such things in the flesh with his main body. Which… this setup makes sense for an over the top villain/anti-hero, like Dr Doom. It feels a lot weirder for a "Newly Sane" and more moral Igetis Cyl. Getting back to the goblin invasion… I guess this was foreshadowed. Not everyone has nice neighbors, and Igetis Cyl doesn't genocide everyone who attacks him, so this was inevitable.

I suppose what should happen going forward is… why didn't any of his advisors ask the superhero team he hired to help save their country from invading monsters? While he was unconscious I mean.

Last edited:
So Igetis Cyl regularly descends into a sort of megalomaniacal perfectionism. It can normally be managed by his advisors, unfortunately one risk with it is his (literal) dominating aura which limits the minds of those around him. And in this case it was exacerbated by his upcoming evolution in a few years, ramping up each component of the condition.

Honestly this feels like a sort of reboot for the story. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but… Igetis Cyl was already "losing" in a number of endeavors he cares about. Now it feels like every such endeavor's difficulty has been kicked up a notch, even if his eccentricities are a bit less frightening.

I wish Igetis' current personality had been shed and turned into a not-quite-clone which continued to have his megalomaniacal personality. Without being truly independent. "Dangerous only if a few things go wrong at once." As-is… any ongoing plot feels like a bomb waiting to go off. Seeing new!Cyl and the old one talk about their priorities and points of view would help with the revisions that'll come as Igetis Cyl puts out fires.

Finally, I'm not quite appreciating the sudden goblin invasion scenario. Nor the "pacifism" line which I can't remember previously seeing, I don't like that. I could understand if we had previous lines about Igetis Cyl's clones performing the normal tasks of a military in place of citizens, but instead it seems like Cyl takes care of such things in the flesh with his main body. Which… this setup makes sense for an over the top villain/anti-hero, like Dr Doom. It feels a lot weirder for a "Newly Sane" and more moral Igetis Cyl. Getting back to the goblin invasion… I guess this was foreshadowed. Not everyone has nice neighbors, and Igetis Cyl doesn't genocide everyone who attacks him, so this was inevitable.

I suppose what should happen going forward is… why didn't any of his advisors ask the superhero team he hired to help save their country from invading monsters? While he was unconscious I mean.
The new Igetis Cyl isn't exactly moral or sane Its subconscious just decided it didn't like some memories and sealed them up. Cyl didn't exactly lose its memories either more like they're currently inconvenient to access together with everything else it wanted to forget like it's failures and whatnot. I'll try to expand on it later in the story but this system is an integral part of Igetis Cyl's backstory and why they were even in isolation in the first place. I guess I failed failed to foreshadow it so it all seems a bit abrupt now that it appeared.

But about the league, their relationship is more like a sponsorship and even if the barriers were weakened they couldn't exactly go through without an interdimensional portal or something similarly powerful since Cryla is essentially in another dimension because of the barriers.

The goblins are an old enemy but they have an agreement so when Igetis Cyl says 'pacifist' ideals it means in its efforts to follow their agreement and keep them out of war not the actual definition.

And the 'community service' aspect of the councilmen includes keeping their communities safe so they take the place of the military in the nation. Usually they support the the NC (clone of Igetis Cyl) stationed at every neigbhorhood but in this occasion the NC was unavailable so Nyla and her fellow district overseer had to step up.

Cryla has gone to war in the past and Igetis Cyl considered a waste of time and resources so it usually goes into battle itself if it thought it could bring an end the conflict faster.

But not in its main body.

That usually never left the residence because of general inconvenience except in times of actual emergencies or desperation.

If it went with its main body to the confrontation with the goblins it wouldn't have even been able to fit into the castle since people don't exactly make buildings in consideration for 18 feet tall giants.

Last edited:

You made some really good points in you comment. Thanks for reading!

OH. I love this. I was getting bored with the bit. But now we get proactive, mostly sane overlord fixing all the problems he caused. No more Kim Jun Un, now it's Ceaser Agustus

The new Igetis Cyl isn't exactly moral or sane Its subconscious just decided it didn't like some memories and sealed them up. Cyl didn't exactly lose its memories either more like they're currently inconvenient to access together with everything else it wanted to forget like it's failures and whatnot. I'll try to expand on it later in the story but this system is an integral part of Igetis Cyl's backstory and why they were even in isolation in the first place. I guess I failed failed to foreshadow it so it all seems a bit abrupt now that it appeared.

But about the league, their relationship is more like a sponsorship and even if the barriers were weakened they couldn't exactly go through without an interdimensional portal or something similarly powerful since Cryla is essentially in another dimensios because of the barriers.

The goblins are an old enemy but they have an agreement so when Igetis Cyl says 'pacifist' ideals it means in its efforts to follow their agreement and keep them out of war not the actual definition.

And the 'community service' aspect of the councilmen includes keeping their communities safe so they take the place of the military in the nation. Usually they support the the NC (clone of Igetis Cyl) stationed at every neigbhorhood but in this occasion the NC was unavailable so Nyla and her fellow district overseer had to step up.

Cryla has gone to war in the past and Igetis Cyl considered a waste of time and resources so it usually goes into battle itself if it thought it could bring an end the conflict faster.

But not in its main body.

That usually never left the residence because of general inconvenience except in times of actual emergencies or desperation.

If it went with its main body to the confrontation with the goblins it wouldn't have even been able to fit into the castle since people don't exactly make buildings in consideration for 18 feet tall giants.
Y'know I think you'd said Igetis's main body was massive before, that's on me for forgetting. The Igetis we usually follow is a clone, noted. Was I correct about Igetis's mental situation and his aura? Or are these behavioral changes just due to A) finally taking a break to rest, and B) a branch of "bad" memories getting severed near the stem and hidden from his mind.
I see what you mean with the pacifist line now. I haven't the faintest idea if there's a better way to write that idea.

I wonder if any chunks or him which were knocked off in other dimensions have awakened like his children do. Lots of exotic energies out there to kickstart the (normally impossible) process. Oof, imagine a cut down chunk of Igetis as a sentient/sapient magic item, that'd be a strain to handle.

Y'know I think you'd said Igetis's main body was massive before, that's on me for forgetting. The Igetis we usually follow is a clone, noted. Was I correct about Igetis's mental situation and his aura? Or are these behavioral changes just due to A) finally taking a break to rest, and B) a branch of "bad" memories getting severed near the stem and hidden from his mind.
I see what you mean with the pacifist line now. I haven't the faintest idea if there's a better way to write that idea.

I wonder if any chunks or him which were knocked off in other dimensions have awakened like his children do. Lots of exotic energies out there to kickstart the (normally impossible) process. Oof, imagine a cut down chunk of Igetis as a sentient/sapient magic item, that'd be a strain to handle.
Definitely! I was pleasantly suprised you guessed it right. I don't think I was able to sufficiently characterize it in first pov either so I'm changing the point of view from first to third. It's also part a and b but the original Igetis Cyl was not meant to come off as stressed or desperate for instant acceptance like it did at the beginning. Like you mentioned, this was just a very bad time to leave isolation.

And they're essentially magic crystals so I don't see why they can't be used to create magic weapons. Just expect them to be very high maintenance though, they're the type of weapons that'd refuse to fight because they dislike the smell of blood.

Last edited:
I forgot last 5 years because they sucked, so not sure who you are, and we were attacked by multidimensional aliens when I was asleep, not a big dial. Yeeeeh, not sure what attitude is better, but this one is positive for sure.

I forgot last 5 years because they sucked, so not sure who you are, and we were attacked by multidimensional aliens when I was asleep, not a big dial. Yeeeeh, not sure what attitude is better, but this one is positive for sure.
And really, isn't that what truly matters?
How else would you live life to the fullest if you weren't constantly trying to trick your brain into thinking everything was always going great so you don't lose more memories the next time you inevitably have to sleep?

Back