In Which I Hate Being a Precog. [Young Justice SI]

I've read a plethora of SI in fanfics stating they don't want to get involved with whatever universe they have ended up in because in the end they're not needed but in some way or another
the WoG will have them interact with the MC(s) of the universe and unwillingly suffer through the conflicts associated with the "adventures" the MC(s) have.

I was hoping for an SI this time to have the opposite occur but I stopped anticipating it. So I expected the SI will get involved anyway.

Ah, i got ya.

So its not so much you are upset with what has happened, rather, you are worried about what could happen based on earlier bad fanfics? I too share this worry and hope that the author can play the character straight, exactly how they deserve to be portrayed.

What I've seen so far here inspires hope though, despite how many bad fanfics I've come across that start out similarly; There is no reason reason to write this off yet, after all.

The writing is good and the author has commented on this subject in the past - They seem to be aware of this possibility and are making efforts to avoid that eventuality. It's worth sticking around to see what happens in my opinion.

Last edited:
That possibility is as small as a neuron. Should've known better than to hope for an SI that actually STAYS OUT of the story.

If they stayed out of the story, then why would they be in the Young Justice universe? Specifying beyond "DC" or "Batman" or something would just be silly

e: well, I guess I am the silly one

Last edited:
I see all of your concerns, and my main goal for the story is to mostly have a character doing their own thing.
Any involvement in the young justice plot beyond being in the same universe is mostly going to be running into them at certain times(like right now), or possibly being that random stranger that delivers some words of advice and encouragement at the right time.
That may change in the future, but that is all I shall say on this subject.

Artemis this will not end well for you.

As far as I'm aware gambling is not a crime in Gotham nor is not being jumped.

If she gets outed as a precog, then go with the minimising deaths routine.

"Well the future with next least amount of deaths had Joker gas a school in it." :whistle:

Weird...I usually expect someone with a SI 'perfect' precognition fics to go full Cegorach or Tzeneetch on percieved enemies just to say 'Just as Planned.'

Artemis this will not end well for you.

As far as I'm aware gambling is not a crime in Gotham nor is not being jumped.

If she gets outed as a precog, then go with the minimising deaths routine.

"Well the future with next least amount of deaths had Joker gas a school in it." :whistle:
Your forgetting that Artemis saw her lure people inside a warehouse right before it blew up.

Your forgetting that Artemis saw her lure people inside a warehouse right before it blew up.

Jeez, a bunch of old guys following a poor young girl into a warehouse. Then the girl leaves and the warehouse blows up. How could she? She should stay inside, almost get raped only to be saved in the last moment by Artemis. By leaving, she deprived Artemis of her heroic moment, that means she is a villain and should be immediately arrested.

/sarcasm

A girl with a large bag full of money runs away from some thugs right into a warehouse, leaves the warehouse only for it to explode right after. CSI Gotham would be hard pressed to find any evidence of her wrongdoing, much less a 'hero' who only saw it happen from a distance. Attacking her without even a saying 'you are under arrest' is an assault, hero or not.

Hey now you guys could be taking it out of context, SI could have run into the arrow or startle the poor girl who's waiting to take out her first bad guy on the first day of the job as a vigilante.

Another thought she could milk her for everything if its an accident and I do wonder if she's a bit lonely keeping herself separate from people.

Last edited:
Jeez, a bunch of old guys following a poor young girl into a warehouse. Then the girl leaves and the warehouse blows up. How could she? She should stay inside, almost get raped only to be saved in the last moment by Artemis. By leaving, she deprived Artemis of her heroic moment, that means she is a villain and should be immediately arrested.

/sarcasm

A girl with a large bag full of money runs away from some thugs right into a warehouse, leaves the warehouse only for it to explode right after. CSI Gotham would be hard pressed to find any evidence of her wrongdoing, much less a 'hero' who only saw it happen from a distance. Attacking her without even a saying 'you are under arrest' is an assault, hero or not.
First of all, it's the DC universe. It is highly likely that the girl walking out of the exploding warehouse holding a bag of money is, in fact, superhuman.
Plus, Artemis is kinda hot-headed, and the only training she's had up until this point is from Sportsmaster, who is a massive asshole. She hasn't received any training from Green Arrow yet, and, in all likelihood, hasn't even been approached by them yet.
She wouldn't be the first rookie to jump to conclusions like that.
Although the straight up knockout does seem like a little much, I agree.

I see all of your concerns, and my main goal for the story is to mostly have a character doing their own thing.
Any involvement in the young justice plot beyond being in the same universe is mostly going to be running into them at certain times(like right now), or possibly being that random stranger that delivers some words of advice and encouragement at the right time.
That may change in the future, but that is all I shall say on this subject.
I do hope she stays independent of the main DC characters, she's interesting on her own.

Though I would think that she would pre-cog her night out to avoid trouble. Not from a selfish motive to just ensure that it goes well, but also because she must realize that even incidental contact with the high profile heroes and villains will bring unwanted focus onto her.

Granted as a ridiculously powerful precog she can likely get out of it, but maybe she's just slightly arrogant because she can get out of anything that happens.

I really hope we see batman more.... it would be great to see him absolutely baffled at what the heck it's happening..... and then even more baffled (and paranoid) when he actually discovers what is happening.....

This one looks like fun... but MC needs to learn that the time to relax and gloat is when you're sipping tea and stroking a cat in your living room, because until then the job isn't over.

Back