Lancer's E-ranked luck truly shines here. If TYPE-Moon ever make something where ANY Lancer Servant has a good day/life, I'm gonna start prepping for Armageddon.

Define "good" in this case, because there's a certain episode where he has a pretty good day. Relatively speaking for Lancer.
Getting a master that respects him, treats him fairly, lets him fight who he wants, and how he wants to fight them. He would have gotten along amazingly with Bazzet if not for the Fake Priest killing her. Heck 4th War Lancer and Bazzet would have made a terrifyingly awesome Battle Couple. Of course this would mean the natural law of the Nasuverse are collapsing, and we need to start running or just divide by zero and get it over with.

Okay, after about a month of waiting things have settled enough for me to have a reasonable amount of free time. Time to IWIW once more.

Carnival Phantasm Ep 2

- I was told this episode would have magical girls. We shall see if this is true.

- Meanwhile at the cat bar Kiritsugu eats eyebeams because reasons. CUE THE OP!

- What...

- Wait, I thought the magical girl thing was supposed to be this episode? Oh, it's just a segment.

- And standard anime male #2337640 has panties on his head like one of those ones of Homura.

Yeah, like that.

- Ouch, that liked kinda painful, but it was a catperson, so they'll be fine in a minute or two.

- Oh hi Shirou, I didn't realize this show would have continuity, and I guess he's not observant enough to realize he's on a beach.

- Okay, this is getting a little weird with all the girls going 'Shiki-sama~' even for a harem or comedy anime.

- Oh boy! I bet the plain looking guy with the glasses isn't a blood relative of the girl in the pink suit so there can be a romance route with her! /sarcasm

- I'm willing to bet Blue is Tsun, Blondie is Kuu or maybe Yan, and Pinkie is Incest/Yan

- That arm swing animation.

- Why is Greenie's arm constantly going in circles?

- That kid is a super builder.

- Oh, so Blue is a member of the Church? She has black keys, but why isn't she... You know what, I'm not going to worry about that.

- Some writer really liked the drawing straws idea from last episode.

- L-lewd

- I agree Spinny Arm, that was completely on purpose.

- Yup, Pinkie is the incest option. ALL OF MY NOPE

- How the hell did she make a sand cathedral that fast?

- Blondie must really hate Blue with how much she's slamming the ball into her face.

- This is the most intense game of volleyball I've seen since Avatar.

Umm... don't tell Azula that though.

- There was a panda on a mountain, then the kid went Kill La Kill style on the ball for a second, and now there's a catgirl eating curry during the volleyball game. Can I get some of that cactus juice?

- Wait, Shirou and Catperson!Taiga were fixing the rocket in the background? How did I miss that?

- When they show her sand structure again, if she hasn't made a full on city I will be disappointed.

- So if Shirou and Catperson!Taiga can't fix the rocket because Blondie blew everything up, does that mean they're stuck?

- What is with Purple and her 'calculations'?

No, I said calculations...

FOR THE LAST TIME I SAID-

AAAHHHHHHH IT BURNS!!!!!!

- Okay, after a short break to escape Garrus, I appear to have missed the ED and oh look, Taiga is animated like the last couple episodes of NGE.

- Ah, payback for blowing 588k yen last episode.

- And now she's completely losing i- why is there a red dot- oh dear.

Last edited:
@Alfa290 I should point out that pinkie, aka Akiha, is incest route which is all my YES, and I should also add that IIRC she's kinda a life support machine for Shiki, given that he's currently running on half her life force (it's kinda complicated). Also Shiki is adopted btw and Akiha prefers him to her actual related by blood brother (who is legit monstrous and needed to be put down).

Blue, aka Ciel (which means blue - blueception!), was formerly the host of a Dead Apostle. She's effectively invulnerable, and now works for the church as a roving vampire killer.

@Alfa290 I should point out that pinkie, aka Akiha, is incest route which is all my YES, and I should also add that IIRC she's kinda a life support machine for Shiki, given that he's currently running on half her life force (it's kinda complicated). Also Shiki is adopted btw and Akiha prefers him to her actual related by blood brother (who is legit monstrous and needed to be put down).

Blue, aka Ciel (which means blue - blueception!), was formerly the host of a Dead Apostle. She's effectively invulnerable, and now works for the church as a roving vampire killer.

I... I don't know what to make of this. Excuse me while I dive into TvTropes for the next week to make sense of this. I should probably also order industrial quantities of brain bleach because knowing Nasuverse this crazy train is going places. Like most Americans if I can find you on my family tree, we're too closely related to date.

I remember him being more pitiable than monstrous once it got revealed just how many things were screwing with his head.
I don't, but then it was 8 years ago and then afterwards I kinda flunked out of law school so I had other things on my mind. :(

I... I don't know what to make of this. Excuse me while I dive into TvTropes for the next week to make sense of this. I should probably also order industrial quantities of brain bleach because knowing Nasuverse this crazy train is going places. Like most Americans if I can find you on my family tree, we're too closely related to date.

Okay, basically Shiki? Zero relation to Akiha. He hails from a clan of demon slayers. Akiha's dad? Killed the shit out of all of them, with kid Shiki as the sole survivor. Remember Akiha's hair going all red and stuff? She's got demon blood in her. So anyway Shiki got adopted by Akiha's dad so that he'd be able to control the sole natural born demonslayer left alive. Certain shens happened and Shiki got killed by Akiha's actual brother as a kid, so loli Akiha, full of tears sadness and desparation did something that basically split her life force in half, and she shoved half into Shiki, jumpstarting him back to life. This also has the result of weakening Akiha by a fair portion. She's still fairly powerful, but she's no longer the curbstomping powerhouse she could have been.

I'll give a quick run-down, since I basically live and breath Nasu at this point.

Whiskey has already explained the Akiha thing, but to explain on the Ciel thing...

Hundreds of hundreds of years ago, a man named Roa became a vampire through crazy shenanigans that involved Arcuied. He wasn't satisfied with being immortal, though. He wanted to be eternal, so he couldn't be killed.

So he set things up involving the Nasuverse's reincarnation system so that he skipped a few steps. Usually, people's memories are removed entirely when they reincarnate. Roa managed to cheat the system, so that his soulstuff kept his memories, motivation and crazy. Once people who reincarnated with his soul reached a certain age, they became a vampire and became aware of all the memories and motivation and stuff. Usually what happens is, Roa rampages for a bit, and then Arcuied kills him, and Roa goes on to his next reincarnation.

Eventually, Roa reincarnated as a girl named Elesia. Elesia got the crazy before she got the memories or anything, and tried to lock herself in her room until the crazy stopped. That didn't work, and she eventually went on a rampage too.

Of course, Arcuied came and killed Roa's latest incantation. Roa's soulstuff reincarnated. Elesia should have been dead. But for some weird reason, she was still alive, and no longer had the crazies. On top of that, since the world saw her as the same person as Roa, it would keep her alive- After all, if Roa was alive, how could Elesia be dead?

Anyway, Elesia changed her name to Ciel, joined the Church, and tried to hunt Roa down again.

I'll give a quick run-down, since I basically live and breath Nasu at this point.

Whiskey has already explained the Akiha thing, but to explain on the Ciel thing...

Hundreds of hundreds of years ago, a man named Roa became a vampire through crazy shenanigans that involved Arcuied. He wasn't satisfied with being immortal, though. He wanted to be eternal, so he couldn't be killed.

So he set things up involving the Nasuverse's reincarnation system so that he skipped a few steps. Usually, people's memories are removed entirely when they reincarnate. Roa managed to cheat the system, so that his soulstuff kept his memories, motivation and crazy. Once people who reincarnated with his soul reached a certain age, they became a vampire and became aware of all the memories and motivation and stuff. Usually what happens is, Roa rampages for a bit, and then Arcuied kills him, and Roa goes on to his next reincarnation.

Eventually, Roa reincarnated as a girl named Elesia. Elesia got the crazy before she got the memories or anything, and tried to lock herself in her room until the crazy stopped. That didn't work, and she eventually went on a rampage too.

Of course, Arcuied came and killed Roa's latest incantation. Roa's soulstuff reincarnated. Elesia should have been dead. But for some weird reason, she was still alive, and no longer had the crazies. On top of that, since the world saw her as the same person as Roa, it would keep her alive- After all, if Roa was alive, how could Elesia be dead?

Anyway, Elesia changed her name to Ciel, joined the Church, and tried to hunt Roa down again.

Emm... Somehow I remember this completly different in detales... But then again, I newer read anything on Tsukihime past KT, so stuff might've got retconed.

Back